Streaming Sessions

Lenh

Do we have any volunteers or nominations for account staff/maintenance? I have some people in mind that I would like to ask who I feel would be both capable and trustworthy, but would rather open it up for the opportunity to have the community nominate people/volunteer first off.

This is a community thing after all, I just wanna help get it going, help facilitate. :)

Let's try to keep the staff to a max of maybe 3-4 people, just for security's sake. I should hope nobody is an untrustworthy ass, but in the event of sabotage, it's best to keep the actual maintenance staff very limited.

The most obvious requirements for staff would be a working knowledge of how the Twitch and YT systems work, and is hopefully someone who streams, or at least has decent knowledge of how streaming works.

Might also be helpful to link or write some tutorials on how to connect to Twitch, and how to set up various streaming programs, for those who aren't familiar with how they work and want to get into it. It would be nice if we had some way to set up a general pinglist for people who might be interested in viewing a stream, instead of just having people pop in and say "hey, i'mma stream in a bit anybody wanna watch" and end up with, like, no viewers, because nobody knew about it.

Let's try to keep the staff to a max of maybe 3-4 people, just for security's sake. I should hope nobody is an untrustworthy ass, but in the event of sabotage, it's best to keep the actual maintenance staff very limited.

The most obvious requirements for staff would be a working knowledge of how the Twitch and YT systems work, and is hopefully someone who streams, or at least has decent knowledge of how streaming works.

Might also be helpful to link or write some tutorials on how to connect to Twitch, and how to set up various streaming programs, for those who aren't familiar with how they work and want to get into it. It would be nice if we had some way to set up a general pinglist for people who might be interested in viewing a stream, instead of just having people pop in and say "hey, i'mma stream in a bit anybody wanna watch" and end up with, like, no viewers, because nobody knew about it.

Doesn't Twitch already have something like this? If a stream you're following is streaming, Twitch will notify you, no? I don't even have an account on Twitch, so I'm not the most reliable person to ask about that, but that's what I've heard at least.

We could also create a pinned thread on SF only to be posted in by people if they're about to start a stream soon. There's an account setting that you can turn on that will send you a notification every time a thread you follow gets a reply, so anyone interested in watching the stream could simply follow the thread and SF would tell them via on-site notification or even email if they select the option. It relies entirely on the streamers making use of the thread, of course.

Might need to point users toward the setting, it's mostly used on our forum by people following news, from what I've noticed.

Edited by Tangerine

The thread option still works in that case, since you can make sure people interested get the notifcation a while before you actually begin the stream. The main issue with it is that it requires people not post in the thread unless they intend to stream (so people don't get notified and then find out nothing is happening), but I'm sure the community can be trusted for that.

Edited by Tangerine

Well... took me longer than anticipated. But the very basic of basic channels have been set up for these.

http://www.twitch.tv/serenesspritingstreams

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLxRvo6tE9X1ct6Nu04ynFw

That's them set up. Sorry it took me a bit longer to get those set up than hoped... Now we just need some streams to upload to them... and maybe some sexy banners? >.>

Edited by TheErrantShepherd

Are you searching for streamers to host?

I might be more inclined to splice sprites if I had C&C during the time I works on it rather than showing half-finished product and see what's wrong with it.

But of course I often stream other games so I'm not sure if I'm the best person to host.

Are you searching for streamers to host?

I might be more inclined to splice sprites if I had C&C during the time I works on it rather than showing half-finished product and see what's wrong with it.

But of course I often stream other games so I'm not sure if I'm the best person to host.

I do believe we are. :)

-----

So just a heads up. Stream on Twitch and upload to YouTube works. :D

Edited by TheErrantShepherd

OKAY, SO, LIKE, we've gotten some copyright notices and subsequent video takedowns on account of third-party music stuff played during streams.

Twitch:

They're more chill about it and will just mute it, so that's fine.

HOWEVER --!

YouTube:

YOUTUBE HATES IT. WE CANNOT UPLOAD IT TO YT. YT WILL TAKE THINGS DOWN AND LOCK OUT OUR GOOGLE ACCOUNT.

So, for the sake of possibly continuing this stream channel, PLEASE do not use any music that may be construed as third-party. Basically, if it comes from any licensed artist, and probably has lyrics, don't use it. Game music is usually fine, but anything with a big name attached to it (mainstream pop, rock, rap, etc.) probably won't be.

Thanks.