What do you *honestly* think about the DLC?

PhantomThief

Would anna be considered a mascot? She's a recurring character, sure, but I've never seen her used as the face of the game like Pikachu or Jack Frost.

I wouldn't say so. Anna's never been used for any advertising or marketing of any kind, as far as I can tell. She's not really acknowledged outside of the game itself.

Anyway, I haven't actually played the DLC but I'm just gonna say DLC that's already on the cartridge is a no-no right away. Aside from that, things like DLC skills and weapons and grinding are just begging for your money with little reward. Considering there's an online mode, this is basically going pay to win.

you're going to have a bad time.

shit

undertale ruined this phrase for me forever

It's mixed for me

I don't like Anna being paid DLC also I hope there are more characters than her not counting cards.

Invisible history/conclusion: really good adds more depth and lore into the story.

DLC classes and skills: it's ok although I too hope they add dark tomes shadowgift.

Grinding DLC: fine for optimizing characters for PvP, although they should've use the infinite regalia concept from Awakening since wielding legendary weapons from other games was cool.

Maps in general: besides I H/C, summer scamble and battle of the strongest royal the maps are TOO easy hoping for more tougher maps.

All in all the DLC was ok cool throwbacks to past games but a little too easy and hopefully Anna isn't the only DLC character.

Would anna be considered a mascot? She's a recurring character, sure, but I've never seen her used as the face of the game like Pikachu or Jack Frost. As for her DLC, yeah, kinda screwed up that she's on disc, but it's not like she's been playable before Awakening. I'd overlook her completely if she couldn't support.

Invisible History: Raised more questions and logic holes than anything, pretty disappointing.

Invisible Kingdom: AKA the game about choices where your choice doesn't matter because you're wrong. Wish they'd just let me get this version so I can save time.

Weapon DLC: Whatever, its there for folks that want an easier game

Skill DLC: Same thing as weapons.

In short, I'm buying it all, and I hate both myself and IS

Lmao, all of this.

I'm so damn salty about the DLC and the third route, but gods know I'll buy them all. Hopefully IS will take note with all of the negative backlash that they're getting from basically every FE fan in the world??? We can dream.

Lmao, all of this.

I'm so damn salty about the DLC and the third route, but gods know I'll buy them all. Hopefully IS will take note with all of the negative backlash that they're getting from basically every FE fan in the world??? We can dream.

You know... if you end up buying them all anyway, they definitely won't take it as a backlash.

You know... if you end up buying them all anyway, they definitely won't take it as a backlash.

Hrmm.. True. I'll definitely skip out on Hoshido at least, but a part of me really doesn't care about IK either. I could always just stick with Nohr and get the DLC in that route. I'd probably enjoy that more anyways tbh.

Would anna be considered a mascot? She's a recurring character, sure, but I've never seen her used as the face of the game like Pikachu or Jack Frost. As for her DLC, yeah, kinda screwed up that she's on disc, but it's not like she's been playable before Awakening. I'd overlook her completely if she couldn't support.

In short, I'm buying it all, and I hate both myself and IS

Look at those item data. Everything we've seen so far is planned DLC. Personally, I see no problem with it, but I can see why some don't like the idea.

I'd say Anna is a mascot. She's not the face of any particular game, but she is for the series overall. (This page says hi!) Expect to see even more playable Annas to come.

​

And I'm pretty much the opposite: every new FE game just makes me love IS even more.

The only problem I have with the DLC for this game is the 3rd route being DLC. A game should stand on its own and having to buy the "golden route" is a little rediculous. I personally don't even like to think of it as the "golden route" because it just seems like "extra" content to me but unfortunately it's the only one that fully concludes the story. If I were to make the golden ending DLC, I would find a way to add it to the end of both routes instead. Or make it the original game and the Nohr/Hoshido routes DLC.

I actually agree with this. I kind of wish IK wouldn't have been the only 'good' ending.

By default the other two are bad endings because

Hydra is still alive, and two of the legendary weapons you need to kill him are basically useless now, not only that the main person who knows how to stop him is dead

Just leaves a bad taste in my mouth to play Hoshido or Nohr after i've played IK

Hoshido at least has more set up to end up with a worse situation.

Gunter is sitll in IK at the end, while Mikoto did not appear before Kamui alongside his loved ones. Aqua also had them throw the pendant into the lake upon her death, meaning if Hydra hijacks anyone they have no way of fixing them.

I actually agree with this. I kind of wish IK wouldn't have been the only 'good' ending.

By default the other two are bad endings because

Hydra is still alive, and two of the legendary weapons you need to kill him are basically useless now, not only that the main person who knows how to stop him is dead

Just leaves a bad taste in my mouth to play Hoshido or Nohr after i've played IK

Doesn't Hydra's prophecy basically implies that it dies at the end of every route though?

"The dragon that was neither white nor black

Conveyed three prophecies in a song

In order to be killed by someone"

It's odd if that actually means that only one prophecy leads to its death.

IK is the only one where Hydra recovers its true form and is killed in it, but there are some odd circumstances at the end of the other routes too.

In Norh, Hydra by the final battle is possessing a water familiar, rather than someone actually alive. If it could just do that all along without problems why wouldn't it do that all the time rather than struggling to control someone alive like it does to Gunther in IK?

In Hoshido, Garon, who's actually a water familiar too, suddenly asks for Hydra's power and seemingly receives it, turning into a dragon unlike all other familiars. Yet again, if that was normal and had no negative consequences to Hydra, why does it never happen elsewhere?

Well, not really...

At the end of Hoshido/Nohr, Anankos' "main puppet", Garon, is dead, so his main method of "conflict" is kind of gone

(I'm still not entirely sure the reasoning behind *all* of the actions but who knows)

To be honest, now that I said that, it sounds really silly

But....yeah......the routes are still a bit lul

I'm not even sure if that's his true form at the end because it doesn't even resemble his IK Symbol. Plus he seemed intent on eating everyone to restore his power instead of just letting them fall into the fancy black hole he just made.

Plus on Nohr he was possessing Takumi at the end. Not Gooron.

Edited by JupiterKnight

I'm not even sure if that's his true form at the end because it doesn't even resemble his IK Symbol. Plus he seemed intent on eating everyone to restore his power instead of just letting them fall into the fancy black hole he just made.

Plus on Nohr he was possessing Takumi at the end. Not Gooron.

He's possessing a Takumi water familiar by the time of the final battle, not the actual Takumi. That's why Kamui meets Takumi's soul while unconscious (and Takumi tells him that he's already dead) and "Takumi" turns into water after being killed, just like all familiars

Edited by NeonZ

That's still Takumi's corpse. His body disappears after falling to his doom and he's surrounded by the same shadowy stuff the spirits are surrounded by as Hydras. An actual Water Familiar is a slime monster and what stands at the end is a corpse fueled by hatred.