Favorite Class Design

Emperor Zurg

Favorite Class Design  

77 members have voted

1. 1. What are some of your favorite Nohr class designs for Fates?

2. 2. What are some of your favorite Hoshido class designs for Fates?

3. 3. What are some of your favorite neutral, DLC, or amiibo class designs for Fates?

Much to my surprise, there wasn't a topic that really discussed this aspect of the new class designs. As the title states, pick the classes you believe are well designed, even if they aren't necessarily your favorite class in the game. The designs are based off of the generic portraits rather than the playable characters. Without further ado, here are some of mine:

Nohr:

Outlaw

Hero

Adventurer

Mercenary

Garou

Maid/Butler

Hoshido:

Elite Ninja

Puppeteer

Trueblade

Holy Lancer

Nine-Tailed Fox

Other:

Dread Fighter

Ballistician

Vanguard

Witch

Edited by Emperor Zurg

Lul

For starters, I am a leetle disappointed at the lack of a none of the above option (It's not like I dislike Strategist or anything but....I don't really find any of the Nohr designs that well)

I haven't seen all the designs either, but Samurai and Trueblade....though, if you ask me, the irony is that Samurai has a better design than Trueblade.

Not entirely sure about Lance Fighter vs Holy Lancer.

Among others....

Like the DLC classes

Overall I like Hoshido classes design-wise better, I like more of them, but I think my ultimate favorite is Hero

or well, generic enemy hero kinda sold it for me

I'm very fond of many of Hoshido's designs but I think my favorite among Hoshido has gotta be mountain priest

Edited by Thor Odinson

Nohr:

Garou/Managarm

Hero

Maid/Butler

I'd put Revenant Knight but I haven't seen FemKamui in it so I can't judge yet.

Hoshido:

Nine-tailed Fox

Basara

War Priestess

No White Blood??

DLC:

Dread Fighter

Witch

I voted for too many things, so I'll just mention some of my top faves~

Nohr:

Sorcerer

Dark Mage

Revenant Knight

Garou

Managarmr

Dark Blood

Nohr Princess

Hoshido:

Basara

Shura

Oni Savage

Puppeteer

Spellcaster

Golden-Kite Warrior

Nine-Tailed Fox

Fox Spirit

DLC/Neutral/Amiibo:

All

Mercenary, for being the only Nohrian class that doesn't wear battle panties.

... Does it?

Merc is good, wears pants (or at least tights)

Wyvern also, actually, Camilla's the exception rather than the rule

The only Hoshido class I really like is the male Spell Caster.

For Nohr, I am a fan of the Dark Mage, Sorcerer, Dark Knight, Nohr Prince(ss), and Dark Blood designs.

What I like most about Fates so far is that each class is easily identifiable, regarding which affiliation it has. Nohr's classes are heavily armored, dark and rather intimidating to looks at.

Hoshido's classes have brighter colors and are not as heavily clad in armor. I love the dichotomy.

Fates is a massive improvement over Awakening; I'm happy with the class designs overall.

Though, I have yet to see another Fire Emblem steal my love away from Radiant Dawn's and Thracia 776's class designs.

Edited by Leif

Does anyone have pictures of Herb Merchant and Great Merchant? Serene's Forest hasn't uploaded those yet. I assume Dread Fighter and Dark Falcon look the same as Awakening, right?

Edited by Giga Man

Nohr:

Sorcerer - I loved the outfit design (and the animations for them). To be honest I'm not so keen for magic units, but I had a massive sorcerer bias this game. There was not one character, NPC or playable that I didn't love who was native to sorcerer class (*coughs* Iago <3 <3 <3 *coughs*).

Dark Knight - Badass looking, loved them since the first trailer.

Adventurer - Love the cape and the hat combo, especially the bow on their back. I felt like it was a really nice touch.

Dark Blood - Gorgeous looking class in my opinion. Striking, powerful and memorable.

Hoshido:

Trueblade - Stunning and powerful. I especially love Odin's colour scheme.
Holy Lancer - My favourite Hoshidan class. I felt like the design was smooth, simple and beautiful and I'm very keen to have Oboro stay in the Holy Lancer class.
Basara - I just liked it. I don't know how to explain it. I just really really really liked it.

Exorcist - Clean and pretty, I also really loved their animations.

Neutral:

Singer - I just adored Azura's design. My only qualm was that we didn't get the dark dress for the Nohr route in her player model.

For Nohr I really like female Merc and Wyvern Lord. Camilia looks so good as a Wyvern Lord. I also like Marx's Paladin design. Oh and Outlaws are cool, though Zero really makes it hot.

For Hoshido I am in love with Bowmen. The fur pelt thing is just soooo cool. It really emphasizes the whole hunting thing and it looks great on Takumi and Kisaragi. I like female Lancer and Trueblade.

My overall favorite is Bowman since it's tied for my favorite class so bias.

My list

Top Tier:

(Generic) Managarmr, Dark Blood, (Generic) Hero, Dark Knight, Witch and Dread Fighter

would put Grandmaster here but he's technically an Awakening Design, albeit a slightly improved one.

Mid: Ninetails, War Priestess. Basara/Holy Lancer, Singer, Ballistician, White Blood

I want to like General because they tried to make it look less dumb than in Awakening, but I still think they got Generals right in Tellius. Something about them is still off to me. (Benoit needs a helmet. Not because his looks, he just needs a damn helmet).

Edited by Jakkun

Hoshido:

Samurai

Ninja

Elite Ninja

Lancer

Holy Lancer

Nohr:

Revenant Knight (not Camilla ones)

Hero

Great Knight (and to think they were the worst looking class in the game in Awakening)

Neutral/DLC:

Ballistician (It's a freaking tank)

Dread Fighter

Edited by Voidlancer

Nohr:

Revenant Knight (male only)

??? I thought male and female Revenant Knights dressed pretty much the same?

Anyway, for Nohr: Revenant Knight, Hero, and Maid/Butler (honorable mention to Dark Knight)

For Hoshido: Great Merchant, Weapon Master, and Golden Kite Warrior

For DLC: Ballistician

Uh just asking....where is White Blood for Hoshido?

Nohr

- Hero

- Maid/Butler

- Paladin

Hoshido

- Trueblade

- Basara

- Golden-kite Warrior

- White Blood (not in the poll but I would totally vote for it)

Neutral

- Singer

- Grandmaster

let's see....

-Hero (no bias here lol)

-Wyvern Lord

-Strategist

-Berserker

-Oni Savage

-Golden Kite Warrior (still miss griffons though...)

-Mountain Priest

and I know this isn't really part of the topic but the Nohr Prince(ss) design bothers me so much...

and I know this isn't really part of the topic but the Nohr Prince(ss) design bothers me so much...

My only real complaint is the lack of footwear. It throws off the rest of the armor and looks very impractical.

And I'm glad Adventurer is getting more love. I love their wacky design.

??? I thought male and female Revenant Knights dressed pretty much the same?

Anyway, for Nohr: Revenant Knight, Hero, and Maid/Butler (honorable mention to Dark Knight)

For Hoshido: Great Merchant, Weapon Master, and Golden Kite Warrior

For DLC: Ballistician

OH

Well, make that Revenant Knight in general, except Camilla's design