Shin Megami Tensei IV: Final

Jedi

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/10/05/shin-megami-tensei-iv-final-announced/

Atlus’ official website for Shin Megami Tensei IV had a Twitter campaign with a goal of 15,000 tweets to reveal a new announcement. The goal has been reached, and the company revealed Shin Megami Tensei IV: Final.
Famitsu reports that it’ll be a completely new title with the keyword of “Deicide,” and the game will release in February 2016 for the Nintendo 3DS. Shin Megami Tensei IV: Final is directed by Satoshi Oyama, who was the Chief Programmer on Shin Megami Tensei IV, Nocturne, and the Digital Devil Saga games.
The producer is listed as Kazuki Yamai, character designer as Masashi Doi, sound composer as Ryotoa Kozuka, and world setting planner and series monster designs by Kazuma Kaneko.
More details will be announced on October 11 at 7:00pm JST via a NicoNico Live stream, soon to be announced.
Finally some more MAINLINE SMT. Thank you.
Edited by Jedi

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is up with to numbering with this game? I can't even tell if Nocturne or Strange journey is supposed to be SMT III. And now this.

Nocturne is definitely SMT III

world setting planner and series monster designs by Kazuma Kaneko

WHAT DOES IT MEAN

Is this all part of his master plan? Is my grief amusing?

Oh well, I'm ready for whatever this contains. Awful hair, ambient soundtrack, dick demons, dick people.

So what's with the green tiny Navarre looking thing? And if the theme's godslaying, are we going into SMT II territory to compliment SMT IV's SMT I parallels!?

560e5dea922e9.jpg

Edited by NoNameAtAll

So what's with the green tiny Navarre looking thing? And if the theme's godslaying, are we going into SMT II territory to compliment SMT IV's SMT I parallels!?

560e5dea922e9.jpg

Is that Merkabah on the left?

At first I was worried that this was an improved version of the original, which I still have yet to beat.

Now I'm just...is that green guy the protagonist? What the hell is up with his hair?

Oh hell yeah, it's on 3DS !

SMT:IV Final ? Huh, what gives with the name ?

Pls, no continuity,. Unless it's something like Aleph, in that case, no problem.

At first I was worried that this was an improved version of the original, which I still have yet to beat.

Now I'm just...is that green guy the protagonist? What the hell is up with his hair?

Ahah, so much this, I have no problem with every other characters, but him ? Nope.

Hopefully, he's not the main character, he have a Kamui-wibe around him, and I hate it, not really helped with the hightlighted fairy dude and the two factions-waifu.

Don't look at me like that, they were probably created for waifuying, just look at the color.

...Yup, stlll probably gonna do Chaos first. :p

I probably ask too much, but I really hope they will not make the same thing they did in SMT: SJ and SMT:IV, aka, bad plot, and being disgustingly human/japanese/neutral biased with extra convenient Personaesque BS on top.

Still remember IV's plot and the the world travel thing. Ugh..

And if the theme's godslaying, are we going into SMT II territory to compliment SMT IV's SMT I parallels!?

Ah, good ol Homer; Happy time ! :D

I honestly dunno if I really want him to come back, but I don't want him to be bastardised him or something. :/

I was satisfied with the sole mention of him in Devil Survivor, holy hell, Naoya my favorite cousin you.

Edited by B.Leu

What is up with to numbering with this game? I can't even tell if Nocturne or Strange journey is supposed to be SMT III. And now this.

It takes place in the same Universe, so creating an addition number would be kind of odd, could be a prequel, sequel, or even happen along with it. Personally, I think it's a prequel.

Really not digging Nozomi's new outfit. I see peacock feathers so I guess that's Adramelech. That one detail already makes it a step up from something like Asmodeus. I hope Doi is doing the demon designs and/or Kaneko returns.

WHAT DOES IT MEAN

He came up with Mikado and stuff. That's it. He was credited for the same things in the original game.

Edited by The Funniest Valentine

It takes place in the same Universe, so creating an addition number would be kind of odd, could be a prequel, sequel, or even happen along with it. Personally, I think it's a prequel.

Oh I thought it said it was a completely new game.

Personally, I could never get into mainline SMT, though I might try IV again.

Oh I thought it said it was a completely new game.

Personally, I could never get into mainline SMT, though I might try IV again.

IV's... okay. It's got the best gameplay of the series, no doubt, but the characters and plots are definitely weaker. Jonathan and Walter only remember their alignments when the main plot is going on, Isabeau hides the fact she's a flat character by making manga references. And while the designs by Masayuki Doi hold up to Kaneko's legacy, the guest designs (which include most of the major bosses) look like they were plopped in from generic JRPG guidebook.

If you want to get into SMT, get the iOS port of the first game. It's old and it ain't perfect, but it's a better representation of the series. Or find a used copy of Strange Journey and play as best protag.

ON THIS GAME, there's gonna be a 10 page spread in Famitsu on the eighth, and a livestream on the eleventh

Edited by Masked And Dangerous

I'm a scrub that only gunned for the premature and neutral endings in IV, so I'm not sure what the significance of the green guy's supposed to be. I also wasn't paying attention to the endings as much as I should've.

Okay, Siliconera has some leaked plot details on their site.

The year is 203X.

The lead is an "Outlaw Hunter" who bites it before being rezzed by the mysterious demon (the one crossing his arm in the image). The little green demon IS the ghost of Navarre, while the girl in blue is Protag's best friend Asahi.

Yeah, it's not shocking.

Siliconera has another article, this one's an interview with the producer.

Most salient points

“We were wondering if there was anything we could do that’s characteristic of Maniax [makers of the enhanced version of Nocturne with Dante, and also Shin Megami Tensei IV] and as we investigated on what could be done, we realized that we just wanted to make a completely new title, and the development started there,” says Yamai.

“We’ve looked through plenty of fan feedback from Shin Megami Tensei IV, and implemented all the improvements possible. Everything from key input to conversing with demons has been either revamped or improved,” continues Yamai.”

He concludes, “we’ve been focusing on every nook and cranny to work on our goal of making it the number one RPG for the 3DS. And the game will also have content that will make it enjoyable without any problems for even those that have yet to play Shin Megami Tensei IV.”

And we're looking at a February release date in Japan. Hopefully, we'll keep the two month turn around the first game had.

I'm not doubting it will be a good, no, It just really really smell otaku-bait and Persona BS, well, we'll see, but I'm not too hot. A ghost-chibi is bad enough, but Navarre's ? Seriously... -- (Good voice though)

They didn't thought of a better design for an 'Outlaw Huner' than a shotacon, let alone the main character ? Sigh.

So it is Navare! I knew he looked familiar.

I guess this means that the neutral ending is SMT:IV's canon ending. Then again, most canon endings in Shin Megami Tensei are the neutral ones.

Er, beside SMTI, no SMT have a canon ending. Well, you could probably count SJ, DS2, and now IV, because of the obvious neutral bias and favoritism. Atlus really is not what they used to be.

Edited by B.Leu