Fire Emblem is having an identity crisis.

Zachmac

332 members have voted

1. 1. Are you fine with the direction Awakening and Fates have been taking Fire Emblem in?

• I love shipping anime characters together!
    • You're not meant to be a dating simulator, Fire Emblem. Stop trying to be one.
    • I don't care as long as the gameplay is good.
    • These answers are worse than Azura's HP growths. My opinion is totally different then any of these!
  2. 2. Are you fine with gender exclusive classes and weapons?

• Genderlocks are unnecessary. Why shouldn't a man ride a pegasus?
    • Genderlocks are actually a little sexist at times. Looking at you, Bride class.
    • Fire Emblem has always had gender exlusive classes. I don't see the problem.
    • Removing the gender locks on several classes and then adding genderlocked weapons and DLC classes is just dumb.
    • These answers are worse than a promoted Asama's personal skill. My opinion is totally different then any of these!

Nah, I don't think the Avatar will be going away anytime soon.

My concern is that, if IS ever decides to do more remakes of older games, that they shove in an Avatar into games they originally had no place in. They already did it with New Mystery, and I wasn't keen on that.

Well on the brightside, like Hell Genealogy/Thracia are getting remade.

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right? There isn't nearly enough incest in Genealogy to satisfy people after Fates.

Nah, I don't think the Avatar will be going away anytime soon.

My concern is that, if IS ever decides to do more remakes of older games, that they shove in an Avatar into games they originally had no place in. They already did it with New Mystery, and I wasn't keen on that.

That is what I am concerned about too. After Kris, Robin, and Kamui I don't want to see IntSys do any remakes of the older games any time soon unless they keep the avatar out of them. FE12 showed that putting avatars in older games is never a good idea.

Edited by Frelia

Yeah, but if you got rid of it in the first place I'm not sure why you'd wanna rebuild it :P:

What if I want to change Kamui's hairstyle or the MyCastle battle bonuses though.

On the matter of the topic I think that chidlren and main character self insert should be done away with along player worshiping, gameplay evolved great at least.

Right? There isn't nearly enough incest in Genealogy to satisfy people after Fates.

There's not over 200 combined incest pairings. Worst Fire Emblem. 1/10.

I know right? The remakes would get 7.8: Too little incest. In all seriousness though I'm glad FE4 and FE5 aren't getting remade. Can you imagine what it would be like playing the remakes with an avatar character like Kris, Kamui, or Robin?

Edited by Frelia

I know right? The remakes would get 7.8: Too little incest. In all seriousness though I'm glad FE4 and FE5 aren't getting remade. Can you imagine what it would be like playing the remakes with an avatar character like Kris, Kamui, or Robin?

And then it turned out, that you the playable character had Lopto/Naga blood. Or some other random blood with a sword because they need to make thirteen crusaders just for you.

I seriously expect a post-Awakening GotHW remake to replace Oifey with an Avatar, or at least let you swap his sex. The game would also let you pair him with any of the opposite sex playable characters who aren't automatically married to get children, including one linked to him who serves Oifey's role in the 2nd Gen.

We all know an Avatar character or somebody like one would get shoehorned into GotHW's remake thanks to New Mystery of the Emblem and Awakening. Oifey being Sigurd's cousin and tactician is a bare minimum angle for an Avatar to follow around Sigurd while being important in his army.

Edited by Alazen

Currently I'd rather IS stay as far away from FE4/5 as possible, the current direction IS is heading the series would not be able to do Jugdral any justice whatsoever.

Edited by Jedi

Currently I'd rather IS stay as far away from FE4/5 as possible, the current direction IS is heading the series would not be able to do Jugdral any justice whatsoever.

Yes, my thoughts exactly. Though, I'd love to see a graphically and mechanically updated version of Thracia 776 and Genealogy. :(

Edited by Leif

I'm honestly curious to see how they would handle Jugdral remakes. I mean, FE4's gameplay can only get better, but I really want to see how they would handle it's narrative.

I'm honestly curious to see how they would handle Jugdral remakes. I mean, FE4's gameplay can only get better, but I really want to see how they would handle it's narrative.

I honestly think they'd change too much of what made FE4 unique, and make it lose its identity in aspects.

Maybe thats a bit too cynical.

I agree, but GotHW is one of the highest selling pre-Awakening games in Japan and it already has a child system while the Castle system could be replaced with My Castle. If IS gets stuck trying to figure out where to go after Fates then I can see GotHW remade to be more in line with post-Awakening Fire Emblem.

Edited by Alazen

I agree, but GotHW is one of the highest selling pre-Awakening games in Japan and it already has a child system while the Castle system could be replaced with My Castle. If IS gets stuck trying to figure out where to go after Fates then I can see GotHW remade to be more in line with post-Awakening Fire Emblem.

I'm just not confident that they'd be able to do the mechanics right, while "modernizing" them

We'd probably have an avatar, and they'd probably survive to Gen 2 through some plot bullshit and that alone would already piss me off, and then they'd completely destroy the point of Gen 1, by somehow having everyone alive.

While I wouldn't mind My Castle being possibly integrated with it, thats about the only thing that could maybe work...

We'd probably have an avatar, and they'd probably survive to Gen 2 through some plot bullshit and that alone would already piss me off, and then they'd completely destroy the point of Gen 1, by somehow having everyone alive.

replace Oifey with the avatar and age him/her up a bit, problem solved. this was already suggested, and it works fine

where's the issue?

Edited by Euklyd

replace Oifey with the avatar and age him/her up a bit, problem solved. this was already suggested, and it works fine

where's the issue?

The avatar is the issue. Plain and simple

Edited by Jedi

The avatar is the issue. Plain and simple

Sounds like you have self-esteem problems, if you think so little of yourself :(:

tbh I don't see why they wouldn't just add an avatar that dies like everyone else. like I get that people wouldn't be too thrilled about dying but that's the entire point...

Sounds like you have self-esteem problems, if you think so little of yourself :(:

tbh I don't see why they wouldn't just add an avatar that dies like everyone else. like I get that people wouldn't be too thrilled about dying but that's the entire point...

Lol

And thats the reason I don't think they can do this, they can't kill "the player" or "The players character". So they'd live and there would be a way for everyone in Gen 1 to survive to Gen 2.

You know it would happen.

And thats the reason I don't think they can do this, they can't kill "the player" or "The players character". So they'd live and there would be a way for everyone in Gen 1 to survive to Gen 2.

You know it would happen.

actually I feel like with the entire gimmick of having parents be replaced by their children, in order to keep the avatar around they'd have to forgo the whole gen1 shipping thing

even if the avatar survived I doubt they would have much more of a role than levin(? lewyn? wtf are people calling him these days) got

I'm just not confident that they'd be able to do the mechanics right, while "modernizing" them

While I wouldn't mind My Castle being possibly integrated with it, thats about the only thing that could maybe work...

Well, if they do remake it with an Avatar, I would believe that the Avatar would probably survive Arvis's assault on Sigurd's army, but be turned to stone by Manfroy or something. I do think they would kill off the first generation, but have the second generation inherent max stats, growths, etc like in Awakening and whatnot.

I agree. With characters (waifus) loved and worshiped as they are (especially the self-insert), it would be very unpopular to the general audience to kill so many characters off. IS wouldn't want to risk losing money and they completely change the game to allow players to feel good.

Edited by NekoKnight

My guess is that they will probably explain that Narga saved all the first generation characters and kept them in some sort of stasis for 17 years. We already have a Hyperbolic Time Chamber, so this would be little different from that. Then they will all randomly pop up over the course of the second generation, kinda like the new characters in FE12. The Avatar will of course show up right at the beginning of the second generation because Narga knows that Celice will need his strength and brilliance in order to get anything done.

Edited by BrightBow

I dunno... Some of it's pretty dated. Buuuut how much could actually be revamped without messing with what was originally there is hard to tell. Like I think they could fix up that miserable narrator just fine, but trying to work with Deirdre could be trickier.

The barebones plot is still solid overall, so there's not much reason to go into that, at least. And there's really no denying some character building would do wonders. I think a lot of moments that were meant to be emotional really just missed me because of the way they were presented and a lack of attachment to the characters in them. Also, actually explained game mechanics and some of those other quality of life things would be a nice addition. And the music would sound amazing.

Between the map layout not being suitable for a handheld and the implementation of the second gen (I don't want to call it dated, but it's not something done now, either. No matter how they handle it, I don't see it being terribly well received), I don't really see a revamp happening soon-ish though.

Edited by blinkingbrave

@FE4 remake discussion: IMO the Gen 2 kids would go on a quest to find the 7 Manakete Balls that can grant any wish in order to revive their parents.

@FE4 remake discussion: IMO the Gen 2 kids would go on a quest to find the 7 Manakete Balls that can grant any wish in order to revive their parents.

That's pretty funny. But I don't think IS will touch a Jugdral remake with a 10 foot pole; they seem to be more interested in forging a new path for the series and a remake of what are now basically the oldest games (minus Gaiden) would seem to be antithetical to that goal. Besides, the story necessitates that you basically wipe out the whole cast in an SNES style bloodbath and I don't think that would be well received by modern audiences. And if they don't have a bloodbath, that's a way to piss old time fans off, so no win there.

Edited by Zasplach