Character's Ages

HappyHawlucha

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well that's an opening post

As much as I'd like for them to give us actual ages, they probably won't due to ...complications

Well, I think you know what I mean..or something, "it's better to keep us in the dark, they said"

Well, there is a chance that they actually will give us...on the other hand I dunno

We know some relative ages, but I doubt they'll give us real numbers because then there's no sliding certain characters by.

The only thing I can think of is that Elise is confirmed the youngest royal out of everyone (the support that supposedly confirmed her at 10 was a mistranslation though) and Leon (and probably Takumi, too) is likely close to Kamui's age.

In terms of Royals, this is my idea

Elise >(1 year-ish)> Sakura >(3 years?)> Leo & Takumi >(2-ish)> Avatar & Azura >(1 year)> Hinoka >(1 or 2 years)> Camilla >(1 year)> Ryoma >(1/2 years)> Xander

I'm not gonna say my word is law but this is what I think. Based on birthdays, and if the royals were born on the same year:

Ryoma (May 1) is older than Marxander (October 27). Late 20's

Hinoka (August 18) is older than Camilla (November 30). Mid 20's.

Leon (June 30)is older than Takumi (December 14). 18-19

Elise (March 19) is older than Sakura (April 9). Pre teens.

My thoughts on the royals are more like this:

Marx and Ryouma: 23 - 26

Camilla: 21 - 23

Hinoka: 19 - 21

Kamui: 17 - 19

Leon and Takumi: 16 - 18

Sakura: 14 - 15

Elise: 13 - 14

My guesses are purely based on appereance and general 'maturity level' (although then I'd have Elise be 9 - 12, but that's not supported by the story.)

*Rolling Larf

I wonder if we have more confirmed ages from FE13. It still sounds extremely hilarious....(and I think they'd do some, *ahem* "aging up" in the localization..maybe...)

I'm just gonna.....leave this here.....

Kamui: 18, maybe 19 (I must be mad. I must be mad)

Ryoma/Xander: 22+ (I'd say more but it'd be ...."out of step")

Hinoka/Camilla: 20ish

Takumi/Leo: 17 (Pretty tight for space here)

Sakura/Elise: 16

Azura: 18, maybe 19

Felicia: 17

Jakob: 18?

Silas: (I guess he'd have to be about 18 as well...it sounds odd if they're not at similar ages)

Kaze: 18

Mozume: Uh oh.....this whole fiasco again. I evidently have not thought enough about Mozume. For now, I'd say about 16-17...but this is just going to be all sorts of bad

Asura: 25? It's hard to tell.....

Izana: This is getting more and more difficult. Really. I'd hazard 30s

Saizou: 18/19 or so, he should technically be the same age as Kaze I think?

Kagerou: 18/19

Asama: Uhm...he's a bit problematic, 20ish?

Setsuna: 17 sounds good. Could possibly be higher

Hinata: 18/19

Oboro: 18/19, I guess

Hana: She'd have to be 16/17 as well, I guess.....

Subaki: Again, it's kind of problematic....17/18 I guess (honestly speaking, hmm...)

Tsukuyomi: Uhm..........17?

Nishiki: I'd say 20s, but he could be like 18/19 as well

Yukimura: 25 or so, he doesn't seem too young, but not too old either...problematic in it's own way

Yuugiri: Problematic in a different way.......I'd hazard 40s I suppose.

Crimson: Probably 20s

(Gonna ignore the awakening trio because I'll be damned)

Pieri: 17, maybe 18

Belka: 18

Zero: Ok yet another problem...he seems "too old" to be 18/19, but not that old that he'd be in his 20s...argh...

Effie: 17 probably

Arthur: 18/19 I guess.....he could possibly be a few more years older

Nyx: Oh great, this is just...I dunno, 25?

Charlotte: 20s, I'd think

Benoit: Uh.....uh.....22 maybe?

Flora: 17, because twins, blah, etc

Gunter: 50s, deal with it

Fuuga: I'm just going to say 40s and leave it at that

Not gonna comment on the others.

If you want to know, the children, I gave them all between like, 14-18 in general (basically either 14-16, or 16-18, with a few special cases)

Obviously I'm trying to shoehorn everyone above 16

TL;DR Rolling Larf

My main qualm is that there's a pretty large age gap between the eldest and the youngest sibling, which I...still kind of don't like.

(I do know that there are sibling gaps of 10 or more years, but still...I guess it's personal bias)

(It's not inconceivable for Ryoma/Xander to be like, 28 or so, but I think 25 is probably as far as it should go....even then it's hard to say.)

Edited by CocoaGalaxy

As this is a JRPG, every character is probably much younger than you think they should be. Fire Emblem in the past has stuck closely to that trend.

The siblings' ages are probably intentionality kept ambiguous so that Kamui's age is more ambiguous, letting him/her sit anywhere from from 14-19.

If I had to hazard a guess at their "canon" ages, though:

If we put their ages on a timeline and hypothetically assume that the game takes place in the year XX21, then I'd say:

Ryoma: May 1, XX01 (19/20)

Xander: October 27, XX01 (19/20)

Hinoka: August 18, XX02 (18/19)

Camilla: November 30 XX02 (18/19)

Kamui: Any date, XX03 (17/18)

Leo: June 30 XX04 (16/17)

Takumi: December 14 XX04 (16/17)

Sakura: April 9 XX05 (15/16)

Elise: March 19 XX06 (14/15)

Since Garon had multiple concubines and Camilla and Xander have different mothers, it's also possible they were born in the same year, which would make it so:

Ryoma: May 1, XX01 (19/20)

Xander: October 27, XX01 (19/20)

Camilla: November 30, XX01 (19/20)

Hinoka: August 18 XX02 (18/19)

Kamui: Any date, XX03 (17/18)

Leo: June 30 XX04 (16/17)

Takumi: December 14 XX04 (16/17)

Sakura: April 9 XX05 (15/16)

Elise: March 19 XX06 (14/15)

Edited by gayserbeam

I remember the Elise/Effie support mentions that they played together in the past. But Elise... plays with everyone, and I don't remember it saying anything indicative of Effie's age. I guess I just assumed Effie humored her.

Edited by blinkingbrave

My predictions:

Xander/Ryoma: 25

Camilla/Hinoka: 21-23

Corrin/Azura: 16-18

Leo/Takumi: 15-16 (not a lot of room for guessing)

Elise/Sakura: 11-13

Silas: Same as Corrin (give or take a year)

Kaze: 20? (He looks about the same age as Corrin but based on his supports he has to be older than him/her to remember the kidnapping)

Mozume: 14

Felicia/Jakob: same as Corrin (give or take a year)

Asura: 40+

Odin, Lazward, and Luna: 17-19

Effie: 15

Arthur: 22+

Hana: 14

Subaki: 18

Nishiki: 20

Rinkah: 18

Matoi: 18-22

Kanna: 10-12

Siegbert: 18

Sophie: 15

Elise is not born when Kamui's kidnapped, while Sakura is. So that's some relative indication at least.

as for the kids, apparently Shino and Sieg are older than Shigure, while (most of) the rest are younger. Have not checked all, but shino and sieg are the only ones I know for sure that Shigure refers to as older instead of younger siblings in supports.

Orochi apparently changed Takumi's diapers. There's prolly at least a ~10 year age agap between them.

Edited by Thor Odinson

I saw it on TvTropes or something. Don't know if it's fact or not.

The website probably saw that they were childhood friends and assumed they were the same age. Effie's probably a few years older than her, there's no way she's about 12.

I'm kind of in denial about it right now

(If it really is true, the timeline goes even more out of whack)

(Not to mention I'd like to say something about translations and/or localizations, but things really, etc)

...The other side of it is that....even if let's say that Elise was not born at that time, where was it mentioned that Sakura was?

(My own "idea" is that Elise and Sakura are the same age, mostly for convenience sake, but blah)

Edited by CocoaGalaxy

I remember reading somewhere that Camilla and Hinoka are 17

Kinda reminds me of how Sumia and Cynthia are about the same age, yet one looks much more mature in comparison.

as for the kids, apparently Shino and Sieg are older than Shigure, while (most of) the rest are younger. Have not checked all, but shino and sieg are the only ones I know for sure that Shigure refers to as older instead of younger siblings in supports.

Kanna's supports with his/her sibling have him saying he's the youngest person in the army. That can tell us that:

Shinonome / Seigbert >

Shigure >

[Everyone Else] >

Midoriko >

Kanna

There aren't any other indicators of age among the children, and they were all born around the same time anyways, so age probably only differs based on the flow of time in the dimension that each child lived in, or how long they stayed there. I'm not going to pretend they put much thought into the ages of the child units.