[FE7] HNM Draft CXV

General Horace

i'm sure that's a roman numeral somehow. It might even be MORE THAN 100

Also, take note that I've decided to make 28x not a free chapter for the purpose of this draft. Why was it free anyway? Every team can have a flier by this point (Farina, Florina, Fiora, Heath) and it increases the value of picking Farina a lot too, otherwise she was just kind of a waste of turns. I think it should be part of the default ruleset, thoughts? I've also thought of making 23x required, but it's harder for someone with a superflorina to reach the 700 exp requirement than it is for someone with Heath.

Drafting:
1. This draft is for 4 players.
2. Hector, Marcus, Merlinus, Ninian/Nils, and Athos are free for all to use.
3. Bartre and Karla are drafted as a pair.
4. Marcus is banned after Chapter 16.
5. The game will be played on Hector Normal Mode, skipping Lyn Mode.

Rules:
1. Undrafted units may recruit characters, rescue undrafted units and NPCs, trade, visit Shops and Armories, and dig up items in the desert.
2. Undrafted units may not do anything not listed above, including but not limited to meatshielding, building Supports, opening Doors or Chests, talking to Fargus in Chapter 17x, or Seizing Castles in Chapter 25.
3. All Gaiden Chapters except 19xx, and 23x are required to be visited. 23x may be visited at the player's discretion, and doesn't count towards the total turncount up to 10 turns taken.
4. Other units may do as they please without penalty.
5. Defend chapters count the last played Player Phase for turns if the timer is waited out.

Penalties:
1. Undrafted units have a 4 turn penalty, per unit per chapter.

Exceptions:
1. Matthew is free for Chapter 11.
2. Meatshielding is allowed for Chapter 13x.
3. Lyn, Kent, Sain and Wil are free for Chapter 16.
4. Undrafted Thieves may be used to obtain necessary Promotion items.

Teams:
Espemon333 - Florina, Pent, Oswin, Raven, Isadora, Lyn, Legault, Louise, Renault
Gradivus. - Kent, Rath, Eliwood, Bartre/Karla, Dart, Lucius, Farina, Jaffar. Geitz/Wallace
ZM. - Fiora, Sain, Priscilla, Dorcas, Rebecca, Hawkeye, Vaida, Nino, Harken
General Horace - Heath, Lowen, Erk, Matthew, Serra, Canas, Wil, Guy, Karel

Edited by General Horace
eclipse for worst mod

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

in

I question mandatory Genesis, it looks pretty team-reliant to me. Depending on your units, it's possible that Pent annihilates one or both of the warrior bosses before your team can reach them (safely), and from my experience it's borderline essential to feed the bosses to your lowish-level units to get Genesis in drafts.

I'm also iffy on mandatory C28x. There are 5 players and 4 fliers. Maybe the one without a flier / everyone should be allowed to use one undrafted flier without a penalty during C28x? There'd still be the drawback of them having poor stats, so a trained flier would still help.

Will we clear this in CXV turns?

Edited by Gradivus.

Oh yeah, for some reason I thought there were only 4 players.

This has been remedied by adding Geitz/Wallace back into the drafting pool and making the draft 4 players.

And yeah I too was against having Genesis be free, but I don't like having a bunch of 20 turn free chapters, especially with the amount of free turns FE7 already throws at you.

Edited by General Horace

Maybe make it 8 or 10 turns, it should be doable for everyone in that timespan, especially if they got Genesis in the first place.

Edited by Gradivus.

I'm in favor of making 28x not free because it justifies picking Farina for once. Maybe I'm just weird, but going for low turn counts for the majority of chapter in the game and then suddenly being allowed to spend 20 turns doing whatever you want in 1 chapter always felt odd to me, and so I would always try and LTC the free chapters in drafts regardless. 23x does seems a bit more team dependent I suppose, so I'm unsure as to whether or not we should require that particular chapter.

I think if people put enough effort into Living Legend they could definately hit the exp requirement, but it's just another hassle to worry about. This draft I'm going to try to get it, and see if it impacts my turncount at all, and if it does, i'll see how much exp I get. I'm pretty sure i'll get Heath here though (since ZM will totally pick Fiora) so it'll probably be easier for me to do so. I mean, if it's possible in 2 turns in HHM, I'm sure it's possible in HNM with a lower levelled team in 3-4 turns.

Edited by General Horace

Well, as long as your units kill the bosses instead of Pent and you have Ninian dance someone every turn, it shouldn't be too difficult for the rest of your team to get to 700 exp. Although I had Rath on my team in my last FE7 draft, and his low level gives him a bunch of exp from kills. I also had no flier, and I'd imagine that Florina or Fiora might be promoted by this point, which would hurt their exp gain.

Can't decide, dart would probably be one of the best picks but I'd get such a similar team as in that recent draft so screw dart

I'll just pick eliwood.

Edited by Gradivus.