Think We'll Ever See Fire Emblem Maker?

Rezzy

With the success of Mario Maker recently, think we'll ever see a Fire Emblem Maker? It seems like it would be easy enough. Maybe it could be a DLC to future Fire Emblem games if not its own game. I know I would love to test my Awakening Army out on some new, unique maps.

this is literally what FEXNA is.

And it will be free. For anyone to use. And on PC. And it'll support any asset you could ever want to add in a nice clean fashion.

So just wait for it.

Unless you want "Fire Emblem Fates Maker!". Then you're out of luck.

Edited by Ritisa

Not with any kind of depth. I can't imagine they'd include anything like a cutscene editor or events. The best I'd imagine is something to fool around with like in Advance Wars.

this is literally what FEXNA is.

And it will be free. For anyone to use. And on PC. And it'll support any asset you could ever want to add in a nice clean fashion.

So just wait for it.

Unless you want "Fire Emblem Fates Maker!". Then you're out of luck.

GBA graphics would be more than enough. IS FEXNA a crowd-funding project? When's the ETA?

It would be awesome, but a Zelda Maker would surely come out first and would need to be successful as well and all. Still, I'd love this, as I'd be able to (sorta) make my fic into a game! :D

I highly doubt we'd ever get any kind of official Fire Emblem Maker. Putting together a Fire Emblem map is way more complicated than a Mario level as there are all the variable elements such as enemy stats and weapons.

^Agreed with what you guys are saying. Although if they did do a Zelda they would have to make it like the NES version probably, Zelda games would be more complicated than a Fire Emblem though. I don't think they'll probably make any other game into a game like Mario Maker though.

honestly it's a great concept, firing off quick one-chapter challenge maps at your friends. actually this whole mario maker thing is basically ragefest invented by nintendo several years too late

Me and my family were talking about how Nintendo should make a whole "Maker" series. i.e. Zelda Maker, Metroid Maker, Fire Emblem Maker... It's a good way to celebrate an anniversary, but I guess it could get kind of stale after a while. Especially since there are many hacks, roms, and apps (like FEXNA) that people will likely get bored with them after a while...

I mean anything is possible in theory, I would disagree with naysayers, making a level editor available for Fire Emblem shouldn't be too hard to make. Level editors are becoming more and more popular in general so getting a Fire Emblem maker shouldn't be too difficult. That said, the best thing we can get is a level editor, And hell, you'd probably be able to create your own units and add as many of them as you want. I don't think an FE Maker would feature the ability to make skills or anything crazy like that. Well, maybe so, but the skills you can make would do simple things like improving stats and or giving already existing effects that skills in the series have, but we wouldn't have absolute freedom.

All in all, I don't think it's impossible to have a maker for any game, it'll just never have as much depth as the tools the actual developers use, and this is of course to keep it accessible enough for the players.

Yeah, it's called SRPG Studio

Not before a Sonic Maker, Mega Man Maker, and other platformers like those.

It'd be interesting for sure, but I'd rather see the aforementioned before I see an FE Maker

No, FE isn't popular enough to demand it, and the inconsistent mechanics would make it hard to implement. I don't think it would end up being worth IS' time or money. ....they could give us a better paper Mario 5 though :)

It could be really interesting, but hard to make the maps good if you can use your already max leveled and powerful team. Maybe if the creator of a map also gived you units and starting items, it could be far more interesting and strategic.

It could be really interesting, but hard to make the maps good if you can use your already max leveled and powerful team. Maybe if the creator of a map also gived you units and starting items, it could be far more interesting and strategic.

Maybe you could have the option to either use your imported units or ones supplied by the creator.

The core gameplay aesthetics of Fire Emblem are narrative and abnegation (or submission, vicariousness, pastime). Both of these things manifest themselves over the course of long single-player epics.

In order to create an epic narrative, the player would need to type in a lot of characterization, narrative text, flavor text, etc. This would not be easy to do using a console controller or even the Wii U game pad. A keyboard would be better sorted to the task.

For creating abnegation in a game, you must design an XP and difficulty curve, classes, stats, and the like. You are talking about sliders, combo boxes, check boxes, basic web form or windows forms controls. Once again, these controls are much better suited to a mouse on a PC.

If we did get such an editor, you would be able to create maps with no story or balancing, and at that point it's not the same game. So I can't see Nintendo devoting resources to such a project. If such a product existed, it would exist on PC (and would likely be developed by the community, as was mentioned).