Competitive Decklists and Metagame Discussion - Latest Update: April 26 (S8)

Tuvillo

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Series 6 Format -> Week 3

http://i.imgur.com/WfYrkM9.jpg

Black / Yellow Corrin (Female)

Corrin basically spawns Cost 3 units (mainly Gunter) to use to pressure the opponent even more than usual. It's mainly aggression but Corrin can control the use of aggro and also control the board heavily.

• White Corrin4 (Female) - The game winner. Spawns whatever you need whenever you need it. Just hope you mill whatever you want early enough through fighting.
  • Camilla4 (Series 6) - Blows up the board so Corrin can concentrate on hitting the opponent's MC. Can be used to get rid of relevant things hiding in the backline.
  • Black Corrin5 (Female) - Blows up three units specifically. This isn't too bad as you don't blow up your own things unlike Camilla.
  • Deirdre - Allows you to use Corrin's effect for the next turn and for the following turns as long as she's still alive. Generates advantage by herself and also can stop Dragons from attacking.
  • Gunter3 - Spawn from Corrin and whack em.
  • Beruka3 - Flier, and spawn target if needed.
  • Siegbert3 - Spawn target if necessary, but you can deploy him if you want to whack them more.
  • Felicia3 - Spawn target, and also removes an annoying unit if you need to.
  • Reina - Flier and also an archer if you need her to shoot something down.
  • Nowi - only 1, but Corrin target that generates advantage and also an 80 power beatstick.
  • Shigure2 - Flier and Rescuer.
  • Lutz2 - Flier? Kind of an odd choice.
  • Black Corrin1 (Male) - An odd choice, but a 50 power beatstick on turn 2 if you have the right bonds and also has the chance to give double orb breaking if you're lucky.
  • Takumi1 - Archer.
  • Emma1 (White) + (Yellow) - Flier and Rescuer, the Yellow Emma is a Bond Skill Rescuer, which is handy to have.

http://i.imgur.com/b6V0J8B.jpg

Yellow Ike

Ike can be played with basically almost anything as Ike can nearly solo anything by himself. He's just a bit unreliable and slow to get to maximum capacity though. Pull = Win, when you pull their hiding MC for you to Aether.

• Only 12 Ikes? Ratios are a bit weird besides the 4 Ike3s. I would cut an Ike4 for an Ike6 if anything and maybe try and fit more Ike5.
  • Elincia(s) - Allows you to get a level up on Ike if you haven't achieved LvlS5 by Turn 5, and also lets you draw a card for levelling up. Also she's a flier which is really nice at the same time. Elincia1 makes it easier to go into Elincia5 earlier and also can growth Ike earlier as well.
  • Deirdre - Allows you to get profits off Ike Aethers by making them basically free(?).
  • Mist(s) - A Healer that can possibly attack and also grabs something for 1 bond on level up.
  • Mahnya3 - Flier, and also possible puller for Ike.
  • Micaiah2 - A nice card as Micaiah allows you to draw almost basically for free as you drop her down when Ike5 or Ike6 is on the field.
  • Emma1 (Yellow) - Flier and decent Bond Skill.
  • Haar - Flier, potential rescuer.
  • Arvis - Puller.

http://i.imgur.com/87mEava.jpg

Pure Black Xander

Have a manly 1v1 duel with your opponents MC. You wanna try and make as much advantage happen as possible while the 1v1 is going on, because one of you will die first (you want to win first). Get the lead by early promoting at Turn 3 and try to win your 1v1.

• Xander(s) - Xander3 is a bit iffy to work with as more Xanders = more chances of you losing. But it's not the worst when you draw into them.
  • Shigure2 - Flier, Rescuer and also an Orb Flipper. This is good as you want Xander to promote ASAP.
  • Beruka3 - Flier, 80 power beatstick.
  • Kana1 - Can speed you up with a Dragon Emblem if you're lucky.
  • Kaze3 - Anti-Meta to Female Corrin. Stops Female Corrin from making a big play if she doesn't have anything to hit Kaze with.
  • Camillas - Potential threat, Flier, and also more Camillas means more avoids so Camilla can turn your little 1v1 bout into a 2v1 bout.
  • Leo(s) - Leo4 destroys anything that you deem a threat, and also can force your opponent to discard. Leo1 can possibly flip an orb early if he manages to beat something.
  • Forrest - Swaps Orbs and allows you to turn Xanders effect off and on. A bit gimmicky but can work if Forrest lives for a few turns.
  • Elise(s) - Turns your life into Card Advantage. Best card of the deck probably.

http://i.imgur.com/SXsBRzF.jpg

Yellow Sothe

Gains advantage by protecting your essential units and also allows you to play mind games with your opponent.

• Micaiah - Allows you to draw cards and also can grant Sothe 10 attack if she's LvlS5.
  • Marcia - Flier, and Marcia3 grants +10 to units supported by a flier.
  • Soren - It's weird that theres only 2, but Soren can give you card advantage if you're low on cards.
  • Elincia5 - Flier, gives you an excuse to promote units... I don't like this Elincia in here as she uses a lot of bonds if you wanna use her skill.
  • Leanne - Gives you card advantage the longer she lives.
  • Arvis1 - Pulls.
  • Arvis5 - Card advantage over time and also destroys other stall decks by reducing their Bond count.
  • Deirdre - Allows you to pull off Sothe's effect each turn. This is the card you wanna protect with Sothe.
  • Emma1 - Flier, Bond Skill.
  • Erin3 - +10 power to a unit, Flier.

Edited by TheVinceKnight

I know everyone's all excited about S7 and Comiket stuff (or maybe that's just me), but have some more S6 decks because S7 is out and tosses more crazy shit into the metagame.

Series 6 Format -> Week 4

http://i.imgur.com/4L83OJA.jpg

Red Itsuki

Now we've got a build that recently got the runner-up spot in a Singapore tournament. I'll try to explain choices as we go.

The bread and butter strategy is to promote into Itsuki5, and drop hell on the opponent by spamming little 1 costs that suddenly have a huge power boost and win the game off them.

- Chrom1 Mirage / Chrom 3 - Chrom1 is always on the board since Itsuki always is (unless he gets destroyed by some random other effect) and Chrom3 is nearly a free promotion. Pulls a unit when you want to.

- Lon'qu4 - It'll be easier to use Lonqu's effect to untap himself because Itsuki and Chrom are usually always around. Applies pressure by hitting twice.

- Eleonora / Gordin - Archers w/ Attack Emblem.

- Assortment of Blue Fliers - Rescuers / 30 Support

- Assortment of Healers? - Questionable... but don't ask me I don't know heh.

- Mamori - ...hits them easily I guess.

- Navarre - scores a free win when you discard Navarre and become unavoidable.

- Yashiro - Let's you spawn Navarre Mirage when you support him.

It's a bit different from what I'd imagine but I guess it works.

http://i.imgur.com/DcpYflO.jpg

Yellow / Black Corrin (Female)

I've talked enough about Female Corrin to give an idea about how it works, but theres a few questionable cards in there. I'll leave it to you to decide :U

http://i.imgur.com/HSd6pQp.jpg

Black Selkie

Same with Selkie. I think it's easy for you to know what to do if you read the previous stuff I've written.

http://i.imgur.com/AlalYXr.jpg

Yellow Sothe

A new contender? Sothe controls the board and plays mind games with your opponent by giving you a OPT destruction of one of their units when they deploy one. Along with Deirdre, Sothe can proc his effect each turn and protect your Deirdre while Sothe gets stronger with a bigger board.

- Elincia5 - Maybe it's there to help as you can miss your promotion and also she's a flier.

- Arvis5 - You use a lot of bonds, so you can send them to the retreat and make huge profits by drawing off them.

- Deirdre - Basically lets you use Sothe's effect each turn.

- Soren - Let's you draw extra cards and allows you to burn your hand and grab pluses back.

- Laura3 - Probably the most questionable part of the deck. I'm not too sure myself actually. She heals 2 cards but you have to randomly discard afterwards. There's no Micaiah2 in here either, so I think I would rather run that instead.

- Erin3 - Gives 10 attack to another unit by tapping another Flier. Also a flier herself.

- Marcia1 - Rescue/Flier

- Haar1 - Rescue/Flier

- Emma1 - Bond Rescue / Flier

A new pack release, a new format! Let's get started. This is usually the phase where players like to test decks and see what is good and what not.

Series 7 Format - Week #1 (Part 1)

(There will be a part 2 and perhaps a part 3 even, I'll get back to it on a later date)

Black Shiro

http://i.imgur.com/OrWXQvt.jpg

I suppose Shiro revolves around Shiro3 from Series 3 still. As long as the metagame is Corrin / Marth at the top at least, Shiro3 will always be 80 attack against them (or 90 with a Black unit), making it an easier time for Shiro. Shiro4 is also included I suppose as an extra form of promoting. He also has range, which isn't a bad thing.

• Midori3 - I've never found Midori3 to be anything particularly amazing, but allows you to heal for a cheap 1 bond flip at the cost of destroying another unit and also having the heal limited to a Cost 3 or lower unit.
  • Takumi5 - Range.
  • Mozu2 - Destroys units with high attack for the cost of destroying Mozu :' (
  • Corrin1 and Corrin5 - Corrin1 is an easy target with Mitama's Haiku so you can get the draw off as he has an inherent way of going to 50 attack. He also pressures by applying double orb breaks. Corrin5... as an end game option if you've got a field build up.
  • Setsuna1 - Aggro, archer emblem.
  • Setsuna3 - Flier, also an archer and gives you cards if she's still alive.
  • Emma1 - Flier.
  • Beruka3 - Flier and cheap 1 bond flip to get a successful easy hit on your opponent.
  • Mitama3 - Gives you a potential draw if you line up the skill correctly.
  • Arete3 - Even more draw power (a bit of a gamble).
  • Gunter3 - Cheap 3 cost 70 drop.
  • Hinoka2 - Flier, boosts Setsuna up to attack for higher numbers.
  • Percy1 and 3 - Flier. Gimmicky though.

Pure Purple Eliwood

http://i.imgur.com/K144SJ7.jpg

A bit weird but. Eliwood basically allows you to deploy your supports for the cost of 2 bond flips. This can be especially helpful when you can play down high cost units. Gets even better when you put Fae into the mix, when you stack a Bond on your deck and deploy that unit off Eliwood.

• Eliwood4 - Gives you that option to pull an opponent when they're running away from you. Can potentially end the game if they're on low orbs.
  • Lilina2 and 4 - Draw power, keeps dragons in check... 120 power... what's more to love?
  • Narcian4 - Just one, but flier and also potential advantage by getting rid of a card in their hand, but only if you have less cards.
  • Hector1 and Hector4 - A big wall basically. Also kills something if he hits.
  • Roy1 and Roy4 - Roy4 can pull while class changed. Roy4 can also do a lot of different things, but the only one efficient is the pull one.
  • Fae3 - Wombo with Eliwood5 so you can deploy what you desire.
  • Ellen3 - Gives you combo pieces..I guess.
  • Shanna1, Thite1 and Juno3 - Combo for a Triangle Attack, fliers.

The deck itself doesn't actually look like anything special though.

Pure Purple Lloyd

http://i.imgur.com/5SsFzdk.jpg

Lloyd, a new contender to Cipher. He has the ability to copy a support skill the opponent's support has, and also allows you to untap Lloyd (once per turn) when the opponent's support fails. Quite gimmicky but fun.

• Nino4 and Nino1 - Ah Nino. The best new healer from Series 7. Stacks whatever you want on top, heals a copy of your Main Character (Lloyd) to your hand. Also bondless, almost essentially free.
  • Fir4 - The cornerstone(?) of the deck. If you support Fir4 (after stacking if you plan it right), you can make Lloyd untap himself right away after using Fir4's support skill to make them fail.
  • Ursula3 - Has the ability to hit something from anywhere on the field (for a bond flip) and also checks the top 3 cards of their deck if you defeat something with Ursula. If you see their Main Character or a copy of a card they already control, you can make big profits to untap Lloyd again.
  • Matthew2 - Checks their top card, and a decent thief with a decent X support.
  • Roy2 - Stack Fir with this basically.
  • Roy2 PR - Pulls if you're lucky I suppose.
  • Eliwood4 - Pulls and stacks.
  • Juno1, Juno3, Shanna1, Shanna3, Thite1 - Flier fodder and potential triangle attacks.

Series 7 Format - Week #1 (Part 2)

Blue Oboro

http://i.imgur.com/waFRb1q.jpg

Oboro is back and ready to shift into the meta. Our new MC Oboro1 allows you to mill two cards from your deck once per turn. The whole point of this is to get out your NEW OBORO4 SR, which can promote as early as turn 1 as long as Oboro4 herself is in the retreat, and whenever Oboro gets moved (you need a face-up white bond for this). You can constantly dump Oboro into the retreat and grab it back when Oboro is simply moved. This creates a White Bond -> Draw advantage, which can get you far ahead. Oboro can also easily go to 80 attack just by having at least 1 Bow unit on the field.

• Takumi1 and 4 - Standard archer Takumi1, but he can actually go to 40 attack easily just by promoting Oboro. Takumi4 allows you to mess with your opponent by pushing your opponent's units to the backline and also deploy more archers if you need any.
  • Sakura1 - A healer... I suppose. I don't think you really need a healer in this deck, most of your bonds should be used towards moving and promoting Oboro to consistently create flip a white bond -> draw a card or using effects.
  • Shigure1 and 3 - Rescue / Flier. Shigure3 provides more utility by moving a unit when a unit is moved, which acts as an anti-pull from an enemy and also another move on top of a Rescue. Shigure3 also provides the CCS skill that makes fliers suddenly 40 support, which is always nice.
  • Emma1 and 3 - Rescue / Flier. Emma3 is great because she counts as both a Flier AND an archer. Win win situation.
  • Cordelia1 and 4 - Rescue / Flier. Consistent movement options.
  • Nowi3 - Gives you a late-game goal, provides advantage and is a ranged beater.
  • Robin4 - Gives you an option to create a pull when you promote Oboro.

Yellow Sain

http://i.imgur.com/fhIrvbf.jpg

Oh dear, I'm going Insain. The deck itself looks aggressive in the from of dumping smaller units to get easier hits on your opponent with.

• Sain3 - Stacks Kent on top of your Deck. This is great as Kent provides a 40 support while attacking to basically any Mounted unit (or Sain) if need be.
  • Kent3 - Stacks Sain on top of your Deck. Similar to stacking a Kent, but Sain gives 40 support to Females, which is almost every card in the deck.
  • Finn3 - Flips himself in the Bond Area to grant two Lance units 20 attack.
  • Thite1 - Stacks herself to give you an easy 30 support. Also a Flier.
  • Shanna3 - Gives you access to triangle attack. Flier.
  • Juno1 / Fiora1 - Fairly reasonable fliers to give more attack so they may possibly hit an opponent.
  • Eldigan1 - Gains 20 attack at the cost of losing a card in your hand. May reasonably hit when you stack Kent on your deck.
  • Arvis1 - Most freest of pulling. Keeps your aggro in control when you pull their Main Character back up to the front row.
  • Mahnya1 - Goes to 40 attack with 2 other fliers.
  • Raquesis1 - Gives mounted units that extra 10 boost when you control at least 3 of them on your turn. This is one of the key cards to push your fliers into that limit to hit their Main Character.
  • Emma3 - Has range and gains a lot of attack with more flier deployment.
  • Claude3 - Allows you deploy your Yellow units from your bond Area. This could be useful if Claude is still alive after the turn he is played.

Red Hector

http://i.imgur.com/hhp0iNp.jpg

The man himself, the legend, Hector. Hector provides a fairly suitable way of going to a ridiculous amount of attack until the end of the opponent's turn, just by simply discarding Hectors each turn. As long as Hector constantly discards a copy of himself each turn, the amount of pressure the opponent will face will be harsh.

• Hector3 - Just another card with Hector's name in it, an early promotion... that can do something if you have an Armor unit.
  • Hector4 - The myth, the legend. Discard Hector to get big. When you get big, you can smash your opponent, and if they get hit by Hector's attack afterwards, they are forced to lose a unit.
  • Lilina4, 3 and 1 - Lilina4 is a good card to provide advantage simply by allowing you to draw a card when you discard a Hector for a bond flip. She can also check enemy dragons by making them explode with Forblaze.
  • Yumina3 and 1 - Gets a cheap heal when she defeats an enemy. Yumina1 gives Yubello more attack and Yumina1 is also your standard heal.
  • Yubello1 - Gets as much as 70 attack when being supported by a Tome or Staff unit. Decent enough.
  • Marth4 - Provides utility in the sense of pulling when you deploy a Cost 2 or lower unit.
  • Tsubasa4 - Gives your units a boost by 10 attack when shes basically played.
  • Serra1 - Stops Attack Emblems from going through and heals.
  • Nino4 and 1 - Bread and butter. Allows you to heal back your Hector just by stacking a card. No bond cost, no loss in cards. This is where it gets good.
  • Limstella4 - HIIIIGH amount of support.

Edited by TheVinceKnight

Series 6 Format -> Week 4

http://i.imgur.com/4L83OJA.jpg

Red Itsuki

Now we've got a build that recently got the runner-up spot in a Singapore tournament. I'll try to explain choices as we go.

The bread and butter strategy is to promote into Itsuki5, and drop hell on the opponent by spamming little 1 costs that suddenly have a huge power boost and win the game off them.

- Chrom1 Mirage / Chrom 3 - Chrom1 is always on the board since Itsuki always is (unless he gets destroyed by some random other effect) and Chrom3 is nearly a free promotion. Pulls a unit when you want to.

- Lon'qu4 - It'll be easier to use Lonqu's effect to untap himself because Itsuki and Chrom are usually always around. Applies pressure by hitting twice.

- Eleonora / Gordin - Archers w/ Attack Emblem.

- Assortment of Blue Fliers - Rescuers / 30 Support

- Assortment of Healers? - Questionable... but don't ask me I don't know heh.

- Mamori - ...hits them easily I guess.

- Navarre - scores a free win when you discard Navarre and become unavoidable.

- Yashiro - Let's you spawn Navarre Mirage when you support him.

It's a bit different from what I'd imagine but I guess it works.

Ooh, I got featured! To add on..

The fliers are for protective 30 support and also bond fodder while their rescue mechanic almost never gets used; the red clerics are so I don't have to bond Yashiro or Navarre if possible (note: I thought it would be funny to have 1 of each cleric because all the red clerics are base 20 power)

The aim of the deck is to rush the enemy MC with Mamori/Yashiro/Archers in early game (I'd even skip promoting on turn 2 if the enemy isn't yet promoted to play more units to hit in, even flipping bonds for my archers to get up to 40)

Turn 3-4, use Mirage Chrom to let Itsuki to land in a few more hits onto the MC, and promote if possible

Turn 5-7 is where it gets tricky because I need that chrom in my hand to throw for that +30 (to give navarre that 100% assassination or lonqu so his 2nd hit will be 70) and it's when having a cleric is useful in case I don't have a chrom to throw for the skill

If this deck lasts past turn 8, it'll probably have run out of steam by then and survival depends on whether i have Itsukis in my hand

Oh yeah, Yashiro's just there for attack emblem + having another unit to punch the enemy Lord with; having mirage Nav on my field is useless because my SR Itsuki doesn't run the 'field with 70 mirages' shtick

-

It's supposed to be an easy to play deck with definite steps to do each turn but it also means if I miss one step it usually all goes to hell lol

I think I managed to get to 2nd place because everyone was underestimating Itsuki, and I lost to F Corrin because her cronies are just too much :v

One weakness about this deck is I usually can't do anything productive in turn 3 (if i promoted in turn 2) while F Corrin can.. well, you get the point

Ooh, I got featured! To add on..

The fliers are for protective 30 support and also bond fodder while their rescue mechanic almost never gets used; the red clerics are so I don't have to bond Yashiro or Navarre if possible (note: I thought it would be funny to have 1 of each cleric because all the red clerics are base 20 power)

The aim of the deck is to rush the enemy MC with Mamori/Yashiro/Archers in early game (I'd even skip promoting on turn 2 if the enemy isn't yet promoted to play more units to hit in, even flipping bonds for my archers to get up to 40)

Turn 3-4, use Mirage Chrom to let Itsuki to land in a few more hits onto the MC, and promote if possible

Turn 5-7 is where it gets tricky because I need that chrom in my hand to throw for that +30 (to give navarre that 100% assassination or lonqu so his 2nd hit will be 70) and it's when having a cleric is useful in case I don't have a chrom to throw for the skill

If this deck lasts past turn 8, it'll probably have run out of steam by then and survival depends on whether i have Itsukis in my hand

Oh yeah, Yashiro's just there for attack emblem + having another unit to punch the enemy Lord with; having mirage Nav on my field is useless because my SR Itsuki doesn't run the 'field with 70 mirages' shtick

-

It's supposed to be an easy to play deck with definite steps to do each turn but it also means if I miss one step it usually all goes to hell lol

I think I managed to get to 2nd place because everyone was underestimating Itsuki, and I lost to F Corrin because her cronies are just too much :v

One weakness about this deck is I usually can't do anything productive in turn 3 (if i promoted in turn 2) while F Corrin can.. well, you get the point

You could always play Marth1 from Series 1 if you needa pull heh.

One thing to note about the Christmas Bros from Set 7:

I did some thinking and the fact that you'd have to have Kent as your Lord, if you're running mostly females. Otherwise, you're already running one to promote the lord, which effectively lowers the chances of when the other half will show up in your discard pile(from supports/etc.)

Also, It's it a pretty good idea to aggressively mulligan for Kent3.

One thing to note about the Christmas Bros from Set 7:

I did some thinking and the fact that you'd have to have Kent as your Lord, if you're running mostly females. Otherwise, you're already running one to promote the lord, which effectively lowers the chances of when the other half will show up in your discard pile(from supports/etc.)

Also, It's it a pretty good idea to aggressively mulligan for Kent3.

The deck itself I showcased runs Sain MC because stacking for Kent is better -> iirc, Kent gives mounted and Sain +30, the mounted part applying to most of the deck already since the females are all mounted. You could run Kent and make it mostly female but it'll be plagued by the fact Kent / Sain are males and that you'd be stuck with mostly females which is kind of meh.

==================================================

Series 7 Format - Week 2

http://i.imgur.com/qFGSe0k.jpg

Pure Purple Hector

I've talked a bit about Hector before, but this is a pure build which involves different cards so I'll try and keep it short.

• Florina3 - Florina is a bit iffy because she's a flier, but she doesn't give that 30 support we know and love. She gives X (equal to the number of allies you have x 10). This is good if you're able to maintain a board, but bad if their deck is able to deal with it.
  • Oswin4 - Always 70 base on your turn and when a non-tome user attacks him, 90 base on theirs if Hector constantly has his 100 base power up. He also gives Miracle Emblem randomly... which isn't actually bad.
  • Clarine3 - One bond flip for a heal to a unit in the same row. This is great so you can heal your Hector back. The problem afterwards is that she needs to move around to survive.
  • Fae3 - Stacks, and is an 80 base around turn 6.
  • Raven3 - Easy 80 base power when you have two units with support skills and can hit cause a pull if he hits their MC. The 80 base can be sort of consistent as Hector himself has a support skill.
  • Florina1 - At least she has 30 support. Her own skill is pretty mediocre. Nice to stack with Florina3.
  • Farina1 - Stacks on top of the deck after attacking for that 30 support / flier emblem.
  • Shanna1 - Rescue / Flier.
  • Serra1 - Healer and also prevents use of Attack Emblem.

http://i.imgur.com/3QnOAXs.jpg

Purple Mage Marth

I'm sure I've talked about Mage Marth before, but basically it crit spams you in the late portions of the game while keeping up with advantage.

Florina3 and 1 help in this regard as Florina3 can stack Florina1 so Marth4 can add that to your hand.

• Nino - Nino creates a devastating combo where she can stack a copy of her 1 cost to heal a copy of Marth. This is great as you not only get the Mage Emblem to cycle crits, you add Nino herself to your hand AND off Nino4's 2nd skill, you get to flip 1 to draw 1, all from stacking Nino1 on top.

http://i.imgur.com/gtGCsxf.jpg

Red / Purple Lissa

Basically create enough pressure from your board and constant amounts of advantage. Red to pile on pressure with Lena and Marth, Purple to provide advantage, Nowi for late-game pressure, and rounded fliers.

Series 7 Format - Week 2 Pt 2

http://i.imgur.com/jUNguln.jpg

Purple / Blue Micaiah

I've talked about Micaiah before but I guess I'll go over it again - Turn avoids into advantage (drawing a card each turn) and boost the attack of your units to pressure the opponent down.

• Cordelia - Provides utility by moving things around. Also can be 80 attack if she's class changed and Micaiah has her LvlS5 skill active.
  • Nowi - Late-game option and grants advantage. Can't really go wrong with Nowi.
  • Fae - Stacks your bonds on your deck, dragon with 80 base on turn 6.
  • Eliwood - Deploys units for 2 bonds. You can use this in combination with Fae to deploy whatever you want from your Bonds.
  • Rebecca - X = The current stack of your Main Character (including the top card). Micaiah tends to go have her stack at least over 6-7, so Rebecca's support will always be at least 60-70 or even higher.

http://i.imgur.com/af7FCZv.jpg

Red / Blue Nino

A mage deck that grants advantage. The longer the game goes, the better basically. Nino can heal herself just by stacking a card, and provide advantage if you stack Nino1 to get that drawpower.

• Eliwood - Combos with Nino. You stack whatever you want with Nino, get that heal and then you can attack with Eliwood and deploy his support. Essentially you'd want Tiki (so you can use Eliwood's effect next turn again with no hassle), Fae (a dragon and bond stacker) or Nowi (advantage and range).
  • Maria / Ellen - Flips 3 to heal 2 cards. Nino's effect costs no bonds, so healing in this deck is essential, especially since Nino can't grab a card other than herself.
  • Marth4 - Combos with Nino as well. You stack Nino1, get that heal, attack with Marth and you grab that Nino1 back. You also trigger Nino's 2nd skill to flip 1 draw 1, and the mage emblem afterwards. Literally win win.
  • Farina / Thite - Fliers, and stack themselves to get you a flier emblem.
  • Shiida1 - ...Flier... and boosts the attack of units I guess.
  • Yubello1 - Mage. Has decent power when attacking while being supported by a mage.

http://i.imgur.com/ymAxILN.jpg

Black Hector

I guess Black wouldn't be bad, but there's no Elises or anything. I would probably try and fit Elise4 SR into here to actually get use out of this deck, but maybe they don't have any. Anyway most of it is general stuff I've talked about before.

• 2 weeks later...

Series 7 Format - Week 3(?)

http://i.imgur.com/b8cWuYN.jpg

Purple Mage Marth

Basically Mage Marth schenanigans again. This deck has some minor differences compared to the last one, like Canas and Lilina(s).

http://i.imgur.com/AKBJvd0.jpg

Purple / Yellow Mia

Applies pressure by being Mia. Also gains a consistent amount of advantage by adding cards to hand on hit (Mia3).

http://i.imgur.com/fWpsqpM.jpg

Purple / Blue Soren

Takes advantage of drawing multiple times at low hands. Late game strategies such as Nowi, and Robin to get you to that late-game scenario. The deck itself doesn't actually look that fancy though.

Why is Fury used so much more than Mahnya? Is it her buffing skill?

quick question...s

1. why do you call Erin "Fury"

2. when do you ever have 2 fliers out at the same time

I can answer this one.

Here's an official pic of Fury, along with her name:

Ferry.jpg

The katakana's literal reading is "fyurii", which is closest to Fury. I can sort-of see Ferry (which I think is a really lame name), and Erin looks like it came out of left field.

quick question...s

2. when do you ever have 2 fliers out at the same time

1. Because Fury is her actual name. I do not read "エリン" in the card, I read "フュリ", which stands for "Fyuri". If you want to get technical it's supposed to be "Ferry", but eh...

2. I see your point. Most decks run a good number of fliers, but it does seem very costly just to move an enemy. Fury 3 also requires another flier to be out, unless you strictly mean the cost 1.

Edited by SalShich10N

Keep the name discussions out, this is supposed to be discussing strategy and deck building.

Yes, most decks seem to run a decent amount of fliers. Two fliers out at the same time isn't bad, and Mahnya3 is more of a late-game option as if you pull their Main Character towards you, most of the time its because they ran away from you and you can win the game off it.

Keep the name discussions out, this is supposed to be discussing strategy and deck building.

Yes, most decks seem to run a decent amount of fliers. Two fliers out at the same time isn't bad, and Mahnya3 is more of a late-game option as if you pull their Main Character towards you, most of the time its because they ran away from you and you can win the game off it.

I will argue that this is very relevant, for two reasons.

1. While I don't mind a picture and a description (like so), your latest entry describes the deck in a few sentences. Your past entries named the units, which was a lot more helpful, as some of the names are small or hit with the glare (in other words, someone who can't identify units on sight, or can't read Japanese is out of luck).

2. You use Erin here. If I knew Japanese but not the alternative names (thank you FE4 rating topic), I'd have no idea who the hell you were talking about. I'm not interested in starting a discussion regarding which name she goes by, but be aware that there are a lot of people that know her as Fury, and will call her such. This is also true of Cuan/Quan, Lewyn/Levin, etc., since FE4 didn't get any sort of localization nods for the longest time.

In order to figure out a deck's strategy, it helps to know which units are being used. If it's a naming issue, then it's one that should be cleared up.

I will argue that this is very relevant, for two reasons.

1. While I don't mind a picture and a description (like so), your latest entry describes the deck in a few sentences. Your past entries named the units, which was a lot more helpful, as some of the names are small or hit with the glare (in other words, someone who can't identify units on sight, or can't read Japanese is out of luck).

2. You use Erin here. If I knew Japanese but not the alternative names (thank you FE4 rating topic), I'd have no idea who the hell you were talking about. I'm not interested in starting a discussion regarding which name she goes by, but be aware that there are a lot of people that know her as Fury, and will call her such. This is also true of Cuan/Quan, Lewyn/Levin, etc., since FE4 didn't get any sort of localization nods for the longest time.

In order to figure out a deck's strategy, it helps to know which units are being used. If it's a naming issue, then it's one that should be cleared up.

You're definitely right - I should have figured out that multiple names are used for certain characters because they aren't officially localised, instead of flat out just putting out what I remember her being.

I also should have made a note towards said Wiki which are going by Project Naga (so I can refer to whom I'm talking about) - not that I will agree that Project Naga is correct or incorrect (because honestly at the end of the day it's just a name, as long as you remember who it is it's fine, well - at least in my view).

I was a bit aggressive there in terms of the name discussion thing there too - I just don't want the thread to become a name discussion topic is all.

And also, about the latest deck entries, all three decks are ones I've previously talked about, so there isn't too much to discuss that is new or what not. Well, at least I thought a simple sentence would have been fine. Most strategies almost end up being the same - and people should be able to recognise cards if they've already seen them / have extensive knowledge of the game.

I do admit though I have been lazy otherwise with the latest few entries. Might have to step it up a bit. Maybe be a bit more descriptive or something.

Edited by TheVinceKnight

There hasn't been much in terms of Competitive Decks this week in Japan - due to Comiket / New Years and what not, so perhaps it's a great time to review a deck I'm trying out myself on LackeyCCG. I'll be going in order of the decklist shown, linking it to that specific character page on the Wiki and also referring to the cards being used by their Card Code number (the number that notifies what Series the card is from). This will be followed by the amount of cards to use for that specific character.

http://i.imgur.com/NkebzQO.png

TheVinceKnight's Ninja Crit Spam Deck - featuring Kagero

Extremely fun. The deck focuses on literally shoving Critical Hits on Critical Hits in the opponents face after turn 2 (hopefully you promoted into Kagero3) because you literally draw (or cycle) cards just for performing Critical Hits.

• Kagero (Cost 1) [b07-063N or B02-017N] x 1 - She actually... doesn't do anything in this deck besides attack or promote into Kagero3. She's supposed to also deploy Saizo1 when deployed from Ninja Emblem, and she can't exactly get deployed from Ninja Emblem when she's the Main Character. I've also listed Series 2's Kagero Cost 1, because it really doesn't matter which one you use as long as it's a Kagero Cost 1.
  • Kaze (Cost 1) [b03-059N] x 4 - Involved with the relentless amount of Kazes in the deck. Kaze is going to be doing the most critting in the deck alongside Saizo3. With the amount of Kaze in this deck, Kaze will be avoiding and critting quite a lot. This Kaze in particular gives an ally 20 attack when he is destroyed (which doesn't get used to the best effect often).
  • Asugi (Cost 1) [b02-044N] x 4 - Ninja Emblem and just a Ninja named Asugi I guess. He also gives utility by moving away after attacking in the front row, which can annoy your opponent.
  • Kaze (Cost 1) [b06-075N] x 4 - Basically another card with the name Kaze. He also has Steel Shuriken, which gives him +10 attack until the end of the turn if he needs to hit something. This could be slightly useful early in the game since you don't really use much bonds in this deck and you might be able to get a hit on their Main Character.
  • Saizo (Cost 1) [b07-061N or B02-015N] x 4 - Like I said before about Kagero (Cost 1), Saizo's (Cost 1) effect isn't really going to work out because Kagero is already on the field. Saizo is basically just in here because it's more avoids for Saizo's super important 3-cost promotion. You can also use Saizo's Cost 1 from Series 2 if you prefer that, because it doesn't matter too much.
  • Felicia (Cost 1) [b06-071N] x 4 - Mostly for the fact that you can have multiple Felicias to perform Critical Hits with. She's also a Shuriken unit due to her skill, which is important because you crit to draw after all. Also grants access to Black Bonds as you will need to deploy Black units sometimes.
  • Flora (Cost 1) [b06-073N] x 4 - Basically the same reason as Felicia (Cost 1) except for Floras instead.
  • Felicia (Cost 3) [b06-070R] x 3 - Felicia (Cost 3) can destroy units that you don't wanna bother attacking with any of your other ninjas otherwise. She's also another card to crit with any Felicia when you need to.
  • Kagero (Cost 3) [b07-062R] x 4 - Basically the reason why the deck can do what it can. Whenever you perform a Critical Hit for a Shuriken unit besides Kagero, you draw a card back. This allows you to draw EVEN more cards, and crit with those if you control those allies on the field already as well. The skill isn't even Once Per Turn so that means you can basically go ham. Kagero's 2nd skill doesn't come into play too much, but you can run to the backline without fear of being attacked as long as you control a Shuriken unit in the frontlines.
  • Asugi (Cost 3) [b02-043R] x 4 - Allows Shuriken users to move around after attacking, and also Asugi will hit a constant 90 power if he's supported by a Shuriken user (only if he's Class Changed though).
  • Saizo (Cost 3) [b07-060R] x 4 - The other bread and butter of the deck. Saizo3 can crit with another Shuriken card instead of another copy of himself. Saizo can also get rid of a problematic target that you may believe the opponent is hoarding cards to evade for that character by having his attack unavoidable as long as you have another Shuriken user in the back line (except towards the Main Character of course).
  • Flora (Cost 4) [b03-085SR] x 4 - Basically being played in the deck because you don't use much bonds. Most Aggressive /Rush decks in Cipher barely use any bonds whatsoever, so this allows you to take advantage of that. Flora's effects allow you to hamper your opponent by being literally a distraction and taking a hit (since I'm only running 4 other copies of Kagero, one of which is going to be used for promoting), and destroying possibly a potential threat (that's Cost 2 or lower) that you don't wanna bother hitting yourself.
  • Kaze (Cost 4) [b03-058SR] x 4 - Allows Ninjas to hit even harder with that +10 on a shuriken support and some slight gimmick with moving around your Shuriken units when you deploy one. You can even do this when you get a Ninja Emblem, which makes repositioning really great. Also another card for Kaze (Cost 1s) to critical with.
  • Felicia (Cost 5) [b02-030SR] x 2 - Another card for Felicia to crit with and perhaps allows you to get two attacks at 120 power during the later stages of the game.

Edited by TheVinceKnight

The other day someone was asking about a decent Metagame deck that would be in the cheap range around 3000 yen. The problem with that is that you can't really make too much unless it's some form of aggressive / rush type deck because most Super Rares would already break the 3000 range just because you require playsets of them (this game is expensive).

http://i.imgur.com/9ihSiB9.png

TheVinceKnight's Budget-Effective Deck - Ranulf and Friends

Spoiler

Well it's an effective deck in terms of Ranulf reaching upwards of 100-110 attack constantly after turn 3, but the main weaknesses are forcing your deck to be constricted by Laguz, not being too efficient or effective as most of the Laguz have sub-par effects and Ranulf only gaining the beneficial support values, everyone else is stuck with a 10 (+20 when attacking) or a 20 support majority of the time. The deck maximises on all the possible 20 support Laguz you can possibly have in the game so Ranulf has a 56% chance of being a huge threat.

• Ranulf (Cost 1) [b03-041N] x 1 - Ranulf actually doesn't have a bad effect as a Main Character early on. This can help him not get hit too early in the game by potential aggressive archers or mages. Problem is your support values are mostly 20s so you'll probably get hit quite a fair bit by normal 40 power attackers.
  • Ranulf (Cost 4) [b03-040R] x 4 - Your 'promotion'. Or I would say that, but it's a Level-Up, because Ranulf doesn't have a promotion cost. Once you're on Turn 3 and haven't taken too much damage that's when Ranulf is harder and harder to defeat. 100 power off 10 supports and 110 off 20 support during your opponents turn makes him a pain to deal with. He also has range which is a huge factor as you can easily get rid of any potential threats.
  • Nailah (Cost 4) [b05-073R] x 1 - Nailah is actually a decent card, but with the way Ranulf goes, you don't wanna run too many 10 supports (without attack emblem) because the chances of getting only 10 support for other Laguz that aren't Ranulf increases. She's also a fairly good distraction as your opponent will want to take her out unless they wanna lose cards in their hand.
  • Volug (Cost 1) [b05-068N] x 4 - Volug is the best 1-cost attacker in the deck, being able to reach values as high as 80 while you're attacking (with a 10 support (and attack emblem). The main reasons for having 1-Cost Laguz are to ensure Ranulf's survivability (to move him back so you don't take too much damage) and also to act as other Laguz to drop out to activate Naesala's ability.
  • Vika (Cost 2) [b05-072HN] x 4 - Mainly acting as just a 20 support card for Ranulf. Vika has the utility to move an ally as well, which can be useful when taking advantage of effects like Leanne.
  • Tibarn (Cost 5) [b03-043R] x 4 - Mainly acting as just a 20 support card for Ranulf. Tibarn has decent skills if you hoard a huge field, especially when you control 4 other allied Laguz, getting Ranulf and himself to insane high amounts of attack.
  • Reyson (Cost 2) [b03-045R] x 4 - Mainly acting as just a 20 support card for Ranulf. Reyson is basically the go-to Dancer for Laguz. Really useful in here to grant Ranulf a second attack and also since the deck doesn't really flip many bonds, it's fine to go ham.
  • Naesala (Cost 4) [b03-044R] x 4 - Mainly acting as just a 20 support card for Ranulf. Naesala is one of the best cards of the deck. He has the ability to gain range, which allows him to take care of potential threats alongside Ranulf and also provide card advantage when you deploy another Laguz. 
  • Marcia (Cost 1) [b03-026N] x 4 - Has use as utility by moving allies and also has 30 support, which assists in other Laguz having a chance to hit enemies.
  • Lyre (Cost 1) [b05-095N] x 4 - Basically similar to Volug, except Lyre can attack any enemy archers in the backline. 
  • Lethe (Cost 1) [b03-028N] x 4 - Basically Lyre except Lethe can attack Mages or Healers instead.
  • Leanne (Cost 1) [b03-046R] x 4 - Mainly acting as just a 20 support card for Ranulf. Leanne is basically a healer that maximises profits the longer she's still alive. She has to be constantly tapped however, which can easily be fixed by just moving her manually then with a flier or by using Ena's skill.
  • Kurthnaga (Cost 4) [b05-098R] x 4 - Mainly acting as just a 20 support card for Ranulf. Kurthnaga is special in the case he also has access to range, and as a cool niche can level up Ena or Vika to have them gain full use of their skills, although it's rare to put them into use. You can also level up Kurthnaga twice to gain the effect to destroy the enemy field, but this will probably never occur.
  • Ena (Cost 2) [b03-042N] x 4 - Mainly acting as just a 20 support card for Ranulf. Ena's skill rarely has any use as you won't really need to move any enemy units because Ranulf already can hit the enemy backline, but the fact that she has 20 support is enough.

The best part is the deck should be valued around... nearly 2000 yen? Maybe a bit more, maybe a bit less.

Edited by TheVinceKnight

The other day someone was asking about a decent Metagame deck that would be in the cheap range around 3000 yen. The problem with that is that you can't really make too much unless it's some form of aggressive / rush type deck because most Super Rares would already break the 3000 range just because you require playsets of them (this game is expensive).

http://i.imgur.com/9ihSiB9.png

TheVinceKnight's Budget-Effective Deck - Ranulf and Friends

Well it's an effective deck in terms of Ranulf reaching upwards of 100-110 attack constantly after turn 3, but the main weaknesses are forcing your deck to be constricted by Laguz, not being too efficient or effective as most of the Laguz have sub-par effects and Ranulf only gaining the beneficial support values, everyone else is stuck with a 10 (+20 when attacking) or a 20 support majority of the time. The deck maximises on all the possible 20 support Laguz you can possibly have in the game so Ranulf has a 56% chance of being a huge threat.

• Ranulf (Cost 1) [b03-041N] x 1 - Ranulf actually doesn't have a bad effect as a Main Character early on. This can help him not get hit too early in the game by potential aggressive archers or mages. Problem is your support values are mostly 20s so you'll probably get hit quite a fair bit by normal 40 power attackers.
  • Ranulf (Cost 4) [b03-040R] x 4 - Your 'promotion'. Or I would say that, but it's a Level-Up, because Ranulf doesn't have a promotion cost. Once you're on Turn 3 and haven't taken too much damage that's when Ranulf is harder and harder to defeat. 100 power off 10 supports and 110 off 20 support during your opponents turn makes him a pain to deal with. He also has range which is a huge factor as you can easily get rid of any potential threats.
  • Nailah (Cost 4) [b05-073R] x 1 - Nailah is actually a decent card, but with the way Ranulf goes, you don't wanna run too many 10 supports (without attack emblem) because the chances of getting only 10 support for other Laguz that aren't Ranulf increases. She's also a fairly good distraction as your opponent will want to take her out unless they wanna lose cards in their hand.
  • Volug (Cost 1) [b05-068N] x 4 - Volug is the best 1-cost attacker in the deck, being able to reach values as high as 80 while you're attacking (with a 10 support (and attack emblem). The main reasons for having 1-Cost Laguz are to ensure Ranulf's survivability (to move him back so you don't take too much damage) and also to act as other Laguz to drop out to activate Naesala's ability.
  • Vika (Cost 2) [b05-072HN] x 4 - Mainly acting as just a 20 support card for Ranulf. Vika has the utility to move an ally as well, which can be useful when taking advantage of effects like Leanne.
  • Tibarn (Cost 5) [b03-043R] x 4 - Mainly acting as just a 20 support card for Ranulf. Tibarn has decent skills if you hoard a huge field, especially when you control 4 other allied Laguz, getting Ranulf and himself to insane high amounts of attack.
  • Reyson (Cost 2) [b03-045R] x 4 - Mainly acting as just a 20 support card for Ranulf. Reyson is basically the go-to Dancer for Laguz. Really useful in here to grant Ranulf a second attack and also since the deck doesn't really flip many bonds, it's fine to go ham.
  • Naesala (Cost 4) [b03-044R] x 4 - Mainly acting as just a 20 support card for Ranulf. Naesala is one of the best cards of the deck. He has the ability to gain range, which allows him to take care of potential threats alongside Ranulf and also provide card advantage when you deploy another Laguz.
  • Marcia (Cost 1) [b03-026N] x 4 - Has use as utility by moving allies and also has 30 support, which assists in other Laguz having a chance to hit enemies.
  • Lyre (Cost 1) [b05-095N] x 4 - Basically similar to Volug, except Lyre can attack any enemy archers in the backline.
  • Lethe (Cost 1) [b03-028N] x 4 - Basically Lyre except Lethe can attack Mages or Healers instead.
  • Leanne (Cost 1) [b03-046R] x 4 - Mainly acting as just a 20 support card for Ranulf. Leanne is basically a healer that maximises profits the longer she's still alive. She has to be constantly tapped however, which can easily be fixed by just moving her manually then with a flier or by using Ena's skill.
  • Kurthnaga (Cost 4) [b05-098R] x 4 - Mainly acting as just a 20 support card for Ranulf. Kurthnaga is special in the case he also has access to range, and as a cool niche can level up Ena or Vika to have them gain full use of their skills, although it's rare to put them into use. You can also level up Kurthnaga twice to gain the effect to destroy the enemy field, but this will probably never occur.
  • Ena (Cost 2) [b03-042N] x 4 - Mainly acting as just a 20 support card for Ranulf. Ena's skill rarely has any use as you won't really need to move any enemy units because Ranulf already can hit the enemy backline, but the fact that she has 20 support is enough.

The best part is the deck should be valued around... nearly 2000 yen? Maybe a bit more, maybe a bit less.

Let's see, going off Amenity Dream prices:

Ranulf 1 - 10 yen

Ranulf 4 - 50x4 200 yen

Nailah - 10 yen

Volug 1 - 10x4 40 yen

Volug 2 - 20x4 80 yen

Vika - 30x4 120 yen

Tibarn - 30x4 120 yen

Reyson - 50x4 200 yen

Naesala - 30x4 120 yen

Marcia - 30x4 120 yen

Lyre - 10x4 40 yen

Lethe - 20x4 80 yen

Leanne - 280x4 1120 yen

Kurth - 50x4 200 yen

Ena - 10x4 40 yen

Total: 2500 yen, translated to burger coupons that's about $20 USD. Low value like subhuman lives :v

I am amazed, however, how Vika is as expensive as Tibarn. Power of waifu.

Edited by SalShich10N

2. I see your point. Most decks run a good number of fliers, but it does seem very costly just to move an enemy. Fury 3 also requires another flier to be out, unless you strictly mean the cost 1.

Not so! She can tap herself for the cost.

Of course, you can't do that if you attack with her, but are you really going to attack with a flier that doesn't even have 60 Attack.