Competitive Decklists and Metagame Discussion - Latest Update: April 26 (S8)

Tuvillo

9 hours ago, ScarletFlame said:

I'm making fucking autistic screeching noises, and it's not just at your double-posting. Or your non-capitalization.

Let's talk about it. Star of the Dark Sky, Elise, is a card that flips 2 Bonds. That's a fucking lot. If you haven't noticed, Godly Child of the Final Light Flame, Corrin (Female), is also a card that flips 2 Bonds. There is not even a snowball's chance in hell you are putting both in a deck, and expecting them to play nice with one another. In addition, both cards lean towards different playstyles. Corrin (Female) wants you to deploy high-Attack Nohr units, so she can untap and keep up offensive pressure, while Elise encourages stalling until it's Elise's turn.

Make your decision on who you want to base your deck on, bub. Goddess of Death, Camilla, is meh anywhere you put her, because she has 60 on defense, is a Flying unit, and all she does is hit things.

I apologize for the double-posting, couldn't find a way to remove it, but according to the forum rules, I did report my own post for double-posting.

The decklist I followed was something I grabbed online, and like I said I am completely new to the game. I am unknowledgable on which cards work with each other well, or which are not viable in the current game. Unlike resources for MTG, there aren't a whole ton of English resources outside of serenesforest for cipher. Its also a much different ballgame then previous tcgs I have played before. Closest I've played was the commander format in MTG. So I am clueless on units and deckbuilding.

I only would like some constructive pointers on which cards, and boosters are a safe purchase in making a good deck. I will take your advice and remove Elise from the deck, I take it bond costs are a big gating factor in a viable deck

Cards are pretty expensive, and difficult to acquire so I would like to make the most use out of this chance. Any help is appreciated

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Artorias_ota said:

Any help is appreciated

Aight, coo'. Made yer decision. Let's get talkin', buddy-o.

• Godly Child of the Final Light Flame, Corrin (Female)'s Flaming Blade of Light and Darkness Skill (long name, I know) lets you, once per turn, flip 2 Bonds face-down and tap her to deploy any unit of Field Cost 3 or lower from your Retreat (a trait shared by the Aum Skill, which can only be done once per match), and if the deployed unit was a Nohr unit, you can untap her, making it only cost 2 Bonds, and letting you attack.
    • Know what's a good target for that? Field Cost 3 Nohr cards. Let's see... power cards you want include B02-082N Old Loyal Knight, Gunter, a card with good ATK and SUP, a godsend in this case, and possibly B02-091HN Black Dragon Prince, Kana (Male), so you can have a super-powerhouse ramming your shit up. Field presence cards like S03-001ST Prince who Chooses the Future, Corrin (Male), are nice, but not absolutely necessary.
    • I guess she also has Omega Yato, but I mean, are you really gonna use that, any time soon?
  • You'll need to have both Hoshido and Nohr, as I hope you realize, due to how this game works. General splashes like B02-011N Young Prince of Hoshido, Takumi, B02-050N Apprentice Sky Knight, Emma, and maybe even B03-068N Optimistic Archer, Kiragi, are some examples. 
    • B06-094HN Queen of Nohr, Arete, is nice, if only because you can occasionally get a free draw off of Jumbled Memories, and maybe make her gain +10, because you went all-in on a turn. B07-095HN Queen of the Kingdom of Hoshido, Mikoto, can be useful, if only to make use of your face-down Bond cards as a source of healing, because God knows you're not doing any of that with face-up Bonds.
  • Now, you might think that Hoshido and Nohr are the only necessary factions in this deck, but no sirree, we can go beyond. A Female Corrin that has gone beyond the power of a Female Corrin, or Female Corrin II for short.
    • Let's add in some Holy War Banner cards. B06-041N Pirate of Orgahil, Bridget, B06-050N Fresh Pegasus, Emma (unit-free movement), and B06-048HN Head of House Veltomer, Arvis (moves enemy units in the Rear Line, helpful for Champions like Female Corrin, who have little in terms of range), are some basic splashes for the faction, but that's not why you'd want to add in Holy War Banner as a third faction.
    • No, the real reason lies in B06-004SR Maiden of Destiny, Deirdre, whose Taboo Surpassing Love Skill lets you flip a face-down Bond face-up. Yeah, you bet that's some powerful shit. You bet they're gonna go after your Deirdre, because that's so much value, I don't even know where to start. That's why you'll add B06-005N The Spirit Forest's Maiden, Deirdre, so you can prevent Deirdre from ending up dead, right? RIGHT?

6 hours ago, ScarletFlame said:

Aight, coo'. Made yer decision. Let's get talkin', buddy-o.

• Godly Child of the Final Light Flame, Corrin (Female)'s Flaming Blade of Light and Darkness Skill (long name, I know) lets you, once per turn, flip 2 Bonds face-down and tap her to deploy any unit of Field Cost 3 or lower from your Retreat (a trait shared by the Aum Skill, which can only be done once per match), and if the deployed unit was a Nohr unit, you can untap her, making it only cost 2 Bonds, and letting you attack.
    • Know what's a good target for that? Field Cost 3 Nohr cards. Let's see... power cards you want include B02-082N Old Loyal Knight, Gunter, a card with good ATK and SUP, a godsend in this case, and possibly B02-091HN Black Dragon Prince, Kana (Male), so you can have a super-powerhouse ramming your shit up. Field presence cards like S03-001ST Prince who Chooses the Future, Corrin (Male), are nice, but not absolutely necessary.
    • I guess she also has Omega Yato, but I mean, are you really gonna use that, any time soon?
  • You'll need to have both Hoshido and Nohr, as I hope you realize, due to how this game works. General splashes like B02-011N Young Prince of Hoshido, Takumi, B02-050N Apprentice Sky Knight, Emma, and maybe even B03-068N Optimistic Archer, Kiragi, are some examples. 
    • B06-094HN Queen of Nohr, Arete, is nice, if only because you can occasionally get a free draw off of Jumbled Memories, and maybe make her gain +10, because you went all-in on a turn. B07-095HN Queen of the Kingdom of Hoshido, Mikoto, can be useful, if only to make use of your face-down Bond cards as a source of healing, because God knows you're not doing any of that with face-up Bonds.
  • Now, you might think that Hoshido and Nohr are the only necessary factions in this deck, but no sirree, we can go beyond. A Female Corrin that has gone beyond the power of a Female Corrin, or Female Corrin II for short.
    • Let's add in some Holy War Banner cards. B06-041N Pirate of Orgahil, Bridget, B06-050N Fresh Pegasus, Emma (unit-free movement), and B06-048HN Head of House Veltomer, Arvis (moves enemy units in the Rear Line, helpful for Champions like Female Corrin, who have little in terms of range), are some basic splashes for the faction, but that's not why you'd want to add in Holy War Banner as a third faction.
    • No, the real reason lies in B06-004SR Maiden of Destiny, Deirdre, whose Taboo Surpassing Love Skill lets you flip a face-down Bond face-up. Yeah, you bet that's some powerful shit. You bet they're gonna go after your Deirdre, because that's so much value, I don't even know where to start. That's why you'll add B06-005N The Spirit Forest's Maiden, Deirdre, so you can prevent Deirdre from ending up dead, right? RIGHT?

Thank you very much for your suggestions, I appreciate you taking your time and helping me with deck-building. I managed to snag Diedre, Kana, Mikoto, Bridget, and Emma, as well as a couple of other cards. In addition, while looking at the CorrinF Deck in the first post, I went ahead and purchased Felicia B06-070R. Previous deck builds of CorrinF also featured 2 copies of Flora B03-085SR, so I also bought two copies(Not sure if two copies is enough). From your suggestion, I took it that series 6 was the best booster box for CorrinF deck, so I bought 3 boxes.  Are there any other booster boxes that you think would be worth buying?

There is one problem I have though, I can't identify the four Nohr cards in the top right hand corner, and was wondering if they were essential (Tuvillo's Set 7 Metagame. CorrinF Post). In addition, from what you said, it seems that Dierdre is a meta-changing unit.

Are there any other cards similar that are similar to Dierdre in being extremely powerful cards?. I bought Nino B07-039SR, and Florina B07-015SR  as it seems they were quite heavily talked about and were powerful cards for Purple decks. Are there any similar cards for other colors in which they standout as being top tier cards? Any SR cards I should keep my eye out for, as buying SR cards online is more difficult and expensive?  Once again, I appreciate you taking your time and educating me on this matter.

Edited by Artorias_ota

1 hour ago, Artorias_ota said:

Felicia B06-070R

Trash in most cases, as it flips Bonds and hurts your Orbs. Actually, a + (because you add your destroyed Orbs to your hand) with removal's not that bad. Deals with some more pesky stuff.

• B06-072R Frozen Heart, Flora, isn't that good, I'd argue. Her synergy with self-destructing Champions (all of which SUCK) isn't that great, and while Ice Ramparts is effectively TWO hits' worth of survival, it flips 3 Bonds, and you need to focus on Corrin Female using all those Bonds. Notice how almost all of the cards I have don't need to flip Bonds, in order to be good?
    • If you ABSOLUTELY need ranged units, there's B06-074HN Chilling Storm, Kaze, which does help with disrupting certain decks here and there. Arete I've already suggested, but she's usually backline, anyway.
  • B07-039SR Pious Mage, Nino, is a busted-ass card that heals your Champion AND rigs your support, but as you are not using Divine Weapons, she's useless if added to your deck, as per how Cipher works.
    • B07-015SR Sunny Pegasus Knight, Florina, is quite possibly one of the WORST X-Support cards out there. It relies on you having a big board, which, if anyone experienced in card games can tell you, is usually only possible if you are winning. Or playing Grima, but in that case, you might as well have won when you Leveled Up your Robin (Female) with it.
  • The four cards on the top right are B06-062R The Deadly, Beruka, another Field Cost 3(2) unit. B06-063N Flying Assassin, Beruka, is fairly nice Field Cost 1 removal and good Support fodder, but The Deadly is a little more harder to use, especially when Corrin (Female) hogs your Bonds. Still, she's an at-will 80 ATK unit, and provides movement, if you absolutely need it.
  • That aside, I don't think you actually need any SRs for Corrin (Female), as you are absolutely reliant on frontline pressure, making B07-056SR Prince of Brilliant Winds, Takumi, not that helpful, and most other SRs will use precious Bonds. If you want to be absolutely and wholly memey, then be my guest, and run a few copies of B06-097SR Silent Dragon, Anankos, though I highly doubt you'll be able to get him off in time to laugh at your opponent for being such a dunce to let you win with it.
  • If you've the deckspace, try B06-96R Traitorous Old Knight, Gunter. It's another copy of Gunter, which might cause some support failures, but it goes with your face-down Bonds, is immune to removal, and did I mention it's another copy of Gunter? You should know what that means. (Godspeed Evasion and Critical Hits, yo.)
    • Oh, oh, oh, you could buy the S04: Black Night Starter Deck, as it features the Starter-exclusive S04-001ST Princess who Chooses the Future, Corrin (Female), an alternate Class-Changing option, if you do not draw your other one, along with some copies of Elise, in case you decide to ever change your mind about Elise. It's also got 1 copy of Gunther, I guess.
    • S03: White Night features the Starter-exclusive S03-001ST Prince who Chooses the Future, Corrin (Male), along with three copies of the Takumi I recommended, and three copies of B02-019N Clumsy Archer, Setsuna, a substitute for Kiragi, as she still possesses the core components of an Archer. (Attack Emblem, Wingbane, and Range 2.) Won't find any Emma in there, but that's alright.
  • While you will mostly be purchasing B06, do keep in mind that a fair few are also B02. Kana (Male) and Mikoto are most likely going to be your only non-pulls, if you're lucky enough to get what you need.

45 minutes ago, ScarletFlame said:

Trash in most cases, as it flips Bonds and hurts your Orbs. Actually, a + (because you add your destroyed Orbs to your hand) with removal's not that bad. Deals with some more pesky stuff.

• B06-072R Frozen Heart, Flora, isn't that good, I'd argue. Her synergy with self-destructing Champions (all of which SUCK) isn't that great, and while Ice Ramparts is effectively TWO hits' worth of survival, it flips 3 Bonds, and you need to focus on Corrin Female using all those Bonds. Notice how almost all of the cards I have don't need to flip Bonds, in order to be good?
    • If you ABSOLUTELY need ranged units, there's B06-074HN Chilling Storm, Kaze, which does help with disrupting certain decks here and there. Arete I've already suggested, but she's usually backline, anyway.
  • B07-039SR Pious Mage, Nino, is a busted-ass card that heals your Champion AND rigs your support, but as you are not using Divine Weapons, she's useless if added to your deck, as per how Cipher works.
    • B07-015SR Sunny Pegasus Knight, Florina, is quite possibly one of the WORST X-Support cards out there. It relies on you having a big board, which, if anyone experienced in card games can tell you, is usually only possible if you are winning. Or playing Grima, but in that case, you might as well have won when you Leveled Up your Robin (Female) with it.
  • The four cards on the top right are B06-062R The Deadly, Beruka, another Field Cost 3(2) unit. B06-063N Flying Assassin, Beruka, is fairly nice Field Cost 1 removal and good Support fodder, but The Deadly is a little more harder to use, especially when Corrin (Female) hogs your Bonds. Still, she's an at-will 80 ATK unit, and provides movement, if you absolutely need it.
  • That aside, I don't think you actually need any SRs for Corrin (Female), as you are absolutely reliant on frontline pressure, making B07-056SR Prince of Brilliant Winds, Takumi, not that helpful, and most other SRs will use precious Bonds. If you want to be absolutely and wholly memey, then be my guest, and run a few copies of B06-097SR Silent Dragon, Anankos, though I highly doubt you'll be able to get him off in time to laugh at your opponent for being such a dunce to let you win with it.
  • If you've the deckspace, try B06-96R Traitorous Old Knight, Gunter. It's another copy of Gunter, which might cause some support failures, but it goes with your face-down Bonds, is immune to removal, and did I mention it's another copy of Gunter? You should know what that means. (Godspeed Evasion and Critical Hits, yo.)
    • Oh, oh, oh, you could buy the S04: Black Night Starter Deck, as it features the Starter-exclusive S04-001ST Princess who Chooses the Future, Corrin (Female), an alternate Class-Changing option, if you do not draw your other one, along with some copies of Elise, in case you decide to ever change your mind about Elise. It's also got 1 copy of Gunther, I guess.
    • S03: White Night features the Starter-exclusive S03-001ST Prince who Chooses the Future, Corrin (Male), along with three copies of the Takumi I recommended, and three copies of B02-019N Clumsy Archer, Setsuna, a substitute for Kiragi, as she still possesses the core components of an Archer. (Attack Emblem, Wingbane, and Range 2.) Won't find any Emma in there, but that's alright.
  • While you will mostly be purchasing B06, do keep in mind that a fair few are also B02. Kana (Male) and Mikoto are most likely going to be your only non-pulls, if you're lucky enough to get what you need.

Once again thank you very much for your input and thank you for taking your time to answer my questions.

Im assuming from your suggestions, only Nino and Diedre are immensely overpowered cards and other cards are balanced in Cipher. Or are there any other cards that are similar in them to terms of tier?

If I want to make the most use out of Nino, Is Roy S07-001ST the best card to use with her, since he is also purple and benefits from being supported?

32 minutes ago, Artorias_ota said:

other cards are balanced

yo i'm fucking dying rn

There are busted cards, for sure, in this game. It used to be Marth. It used to be Lissa. It used to be Leo. It used to be Tiki. It used to be Corrin (Female). Now there's Nino, Elise, Deirdre, and Grima. Probably some others I missed. A fair few of the power cards are powerful as Champions, however, but yours is a fairly powerful Champion, in its own respect.

Nino is quite possibly the biggest splash in Divine Weapons, a faction that is already teeming with easily splashable cards like Pegasus Knight of Gales, Tate, and Knight of Lycia, Eliwood. She can make any bad deck passable simply by being in your deck. She provides it all: Advantage, good support, and heals. What's worse than a Nino in a bad deck? A Nino in a competently-made deck. Champions like Hector or Navarre, who depend on discarding themselves, will find good shelter with Nino, and then there's stall decks, which will use her to further prolong your suffering, as they heal more copies of themselves to declare Godspeed Evasions with.

But let's not go into that rabbit hole, eh? Roy's not exactly the best application for it, and especially not Young Lion, which really, REALLY doesn't benefit any from it. Again, though, I say wait until Nino gets even more absurdly expensive, and sell her to Sokloeum. I'm sure he'll find you a '''''fair''''' price.

• 1 month later...
On July 23, 2017 at 8:50 AM, Artorias_ota said:

Once again thank you very much for your input and thank you for taking your time to answer my questions.

Im assuming from your suggestions, only Nino and Diedre are immensely overpowered cards and other cards are balanced in Cipher. Or are there any other cards that are similar in them to terms of tier?

If I want to make the most use out of Nino, Is Roy S07-001ST the best card to use with her, since he is also purple and benefits from being supported?

Eh, balanced isn't exactly the right word for it. Basically, a lot of stuff can be broken, but a lot of the time it's only situationally - Celica, Alm, Marth, and Tsubasa, for example, have a setup where you can get…I think it was a double Rally(+60 ATK to all), everyone attacks twice, and something else but I can't remember the exact details right now. Anyways, the issue is that you have to not use a single Bond during your entire setup, and your opponent CAN'T Evade even once during the entire first half or the whole thing falls apart. Another example is Dancing in Hoshidan Bloom, Sakura(The Onmyoji SR)- she can draw you 3 cards, but you have to Tap her, Flip 3 Bonds and an Orb, meaning you need a Face-Down Orb, and then she can't attack that turn because she Tapped herself, plus her other Skill will increase all Cost 5+ Units by 10 while you've got a Face-Up Orb, a buff that applies to your foe as well as you. She can Untap herself afterwards, but only if you're behind on Orbs. She's still a decent draw card, but you kind of have to have your deck at least partially built around her, making her difficult to run if she's not the MC, and her attack is only 60, making her a bit subpar as your leader. I have, however, made a super troll stall Sakura MC deck for pissing people off to great effect thanks to Mikoto, who is a Healer who sends two Face-Down Bonds to the Retreat instead of Flipping two Bonds for her Heal cost, meaning you can Flip (2+) Bonds for (Insert Unit)'s Skill, then use those 2 Bonds to Heal someone, like a Crit/Evade for your MC. She also means you can place copies of your MC in the Bonds with relative safety, as you just Flip them with someone's Skill then send them to the Retreat(and consequently back into the flow of cards) for a Heal.

As for Nino, the issue ScarletFlame mentioned is that you'll have to have a Purple card in the Bonds in order to Deploy her, meaning that whatever Purple cards you try to add will need to also be able to serve as Bond fodder to ensure you can get Nino out onto the field. In this, he's right, Roy is rather subpar as an addition, though I'm not rich enough to own SR Nino and can't give you suggestions for who to splash with her. Deidre is generally at least an ok splash for heavy Bond-spending decks, but will require you to run a small Yellow engine to ensure you can get her out, same issue as Nino.

If you'd like, I think one of my friends has CorrinF/Gunter built among his decks, and I can ask him to give me his list for you to try out. Also, VincentASM and Kirie know a fair amount more about the game than pretty much anyone else on here, so you can try asking them for help as well, I've yet to see Vincent turn anyone down when asking for help. I've also tried to put up some Decklist ideas on my User Blog on the Fire Emblem Wikia that you can look at, but it's been a while and they aren't super up-to-date. I'm planning on trying to start up again once the next set comes out and I can be relatively current, but we'll see. Anyways, hopefully you're able to get your deck put together and get this game figured out!

On 9/4/2017 at 9:00 PM, SoulWeaver said:

Celica, Alm, Marth, and Tsubasa, for example, have a setup where you can get…I think it was a double Rally(+60 ATK to all), everyone attacks twice, and something else but I can't remember the exact details right now. Anyways, the issue is that you have to not use a single Bond during your entire setup, and your opponent CAN'T Evade even once during the entire first half or the whole thing falls apart.

Here's what I'm guessing is what you're doing: 
Hero of Prophecy, Alm, is your Champion.
10 face-up cards in your Bond Area (or Bonds).
Have Savior of Archanea, Marth, two other Marth cards, Heiress to the Goddess's Blood, CelicaThe Golden Idol, Tsubasa Oribe, and a Tsubasa Oribe or Shiida card in your hand.
Deploy Heiress to the Goddess's Blood, Celica.
Alm attacks the enemy Champion, and defeats them, activating Brand of Destiny, and deploying Savior of Archanaea, Marth.
Celica flips 1 Bond face-down to activate Echoing Souls, becoming the Champion, then attacks the enemy Champion, and defeats them, allowing for Alm to activate Brand of Destiny again, and deploy The Golden Idol, Tsubasa Oribe.
Marth flips 3 Bonds face-down and discards 1 Marth card to activate Victory Nears, increasing the Attack of ALL units you control by 30 until your next turn. Then he does that again.
Marth attacks the enemy Champion.
Tsubasa attacks the enemy Champion.
Tsubasa flips 3 Bonds face-down and discards 1 Tsubasa Oribe or Shiida card to activate Grand Finale, untapping all other units you control.
Alm attacks the enemy Champion.
Celica attacks the enemy Champion.

Even in terms of style points, I could think up of something more elaborate than this.

Edited by ScarletFlame

7 hours ago, ScarletFlame said:

Here's what I'm guessing is what you're doing: 
Hero of Prophecy, Alm, is your Champion.
10 face-up cards in your Bond Area (or Bonds).
Have Savior of Archanea, Marth, two other Marth cards, Heiress to the Goddess's Blood, CelicaThe Golden Idol, Tsubasa Oribe, and a Tsubasa Oribe or Shiida card in your hand.
Deploy Heiress to the Goddess's Blood, Celica.
Alm attacks the enemy Champion, and defeats them, activating Brand of Destiny, and deploying Savior of Archanaea, Marth.
Celica flips 1 Bond face-down to activate Echoing Souls, becoming the Champion, then attacks the enemy Champion, and defeats them, allowing for Alm to activate Brand of Destiny again, and deploy The Golden Idol, Tsubasa Oribe.
Marth flips 3 Bonds face-down and discards 1 Marth card to activate Victory Nears, increasing the Attack of ALL units you control by 30 until your next turn. Then he does that again.
Tsubasa attacks the enemy Champion.
Tsubasa flips 3 Bonds face-down and discards 1 Tsubasa Oribe or Shiida card to activate Grand Finale, untapping all other units you control.
Alm attacks the enemy Champion.
Celica attacks the enemy Champion.

Even in terms of style points, I could think up of something more elaborate than this.

That's the combo. Like I said, it's a neat setup, but if the enemy Evades either Alm or Celica's Attacks you have to try and backtrack to fix the problem and you lose some attacks - if only one is Evaded, you can still get all the Units down by having Alm Deploy Tsubasa instead of Marth, then triggering her Rally to Untap Alm and Celica so you can try for Marth again, but you lose Marth's second attack and one of your Rally uses. If both are Evaded, you're just done for the turn and your foe gets to drop Garon plus 3 Risen and blow up your field or something equally weird, unlikely, and nonetheless frustrating.

Basically, I'm not aiming for elaborate, just saying what I mentioned earlier - a lot of stuff can do cool things that seem broken, but a fair amount of those things require everything to work out just right rather than always working every time.

Edited by SoulWeaver

• 3 weeks later...

Saw on tcg republic nanna SR price went up from 20$ on first day to 33$ now. Is there a reason her price is climbing so much? I see she can give you two face down bonds and swap her with BS for another, but is she really that great of a unit? Maybe for cards that send bonds to the retreat area? But you need a lot of bond flipping cards it would seem 

9 hours ago, Motts said:

swap her with BS for another

Ding ding ding, you got the answer. She can return face-down cards in your Bond Area. 'Course, I don't like it, myself, most Bond count-dependent cards are manaketes or some shit like that, and honestly, Nana comes out too late to give you the push necessary to put down big cards.

• 3 months later...

Hi I'm kind of new to this game and I would like to know some good decks for characters that I liked using in the fire emblem games that I've played. Preferably if you have a mae, berkut, tana, tsubasa oribe, selkie, anna, faye, hinoka, lilith, oboro, olivia, shade, tana, a!tiki or velouria deck it would be nice if you could share it with me.  Obviously, it's ok if you don't have all of the decks but if you even have 1 or 2 it would help a lot! Thank you!

Let's talk about top meta picks (Series 11). Also I decided to bring this thread from the dead. Oops.

Time to have a.. wager.

https://serenesforest.net/wiki/index.php/Joshua_(Cipher)

Let's discuss:

Joshua - Tempest King (Series 11)
5Mnpmfn.png

Oath-Sworn Audhulma: [Skill 1]

Basically Velouria (B03-095R from Series 3)'s 2nd Skill. The biggest difference here is that Joshua himself has 70 attack compared to Velouria's 60 attack. Velouria has trouble hitting things with 60 attack, but Joshua's 70 attack allows him to hit your opponents Main Characters (mostly if they're also 70 attack base) much more effectively. The reason this skill is efficient though has to do with this 2nd skill.

"Let's have us a little wager.": [Skill 2]

Oh boy. Basically what makes Joshua a threat the entire game. Basically trading a card from your hand to essentially make your opponent lose an orb, or even better, if they have no orbs, they instantly lose the game. What makes this skill so threatening is the ability to mind game with your opponent to try to predict what you placed on top of your deck.

Positives:

• Joshua has a nice hat
  • You basically Flip 1 if your hit to heal Joshua. Very efficient use of bonds.
  • Always a threatening presence with "Let's have us a little wager.". Destroy the enemy MC basically at any point in the game (if you're lucky) is huge, especially when you can win off of it.
  • Stacking a card in your hand. This can lead to using important support skills such as Attack Emblem and Tana's Winged Princess Support Skill.

Negatives:

• Missing your wager or missing your self-heal means Joshua isn't doing too much compared to other Main Characters.
  • Stacking a card from your hand can also be a bad thing (you lose a card in your hand, losing hand advantage can be bad when you're playing an aggressive deck).
  • Depending on what you play, you may fall behind in the later stages of the game. This is usually mitigated because you can potentially end the game at almost any part of the game.

Even with the negatives, Joshua is still a really strong character to play as. Even if you miss a few wagers, as long as you hit the important ones (when they have no orbs) it's always going to be fine.

On 1/20/2018 at 9:58 AM, Famalamadingdong said:

mae, berkut, tana, tsubasa oribe, selkie, anna, faye, hinoka, lilith, oboro, olivia, shade, tana, a!tiki or velouria deck

literally all shit as MCs, except for selkie, which is outdated as hell, last i checked, also you listed tana twice

Mae, Tana, Faye, and Olivia all are decent-to-obscene splashes, with Faye being the best, and Mae coming in second.

Selkie's thing is that her skill works both offensively and defensively, which means that she approaches big numbers, if either player deploys units, and you can get her out early. One guy makes her 70, comparable to most characters. Two guys makes her 80, which makes her harder to hit from there. Couple that with native cards like Mikoto, Takumi, and Setsuna, along with another faction like Purple, Green, or Red, and you either play aggressive, to blast opponents down, or you play the longer game, and smash your opponent's face in with big cards.

4 minutes ago, ScarletFlame said:

literally all shit as MCs, except for selkie, which is outdated as hell, last i checked, also you listed tana twice

Mae, Tana, Faye, and Olivia all are decent-to-obscene splashes, with Faye being the best, and Mae coming in second.

Selkie's thing is that her skill works both offensively and defensively, which means that she approaches big numbers, if either player deploys units, and you can get her out early. One guy makes her 70, comparable to most characters. Two guys makes her 80, which makes her harder to hit from there. Couple that with native cards like Mikoto, Takumi, and Setsuna, along with another faction like Purple, Green, or Red, and you either play aggressive, to blast opponents down, or you play the longer game, and smash your opponent's face in with big cards.

Tiki is fine (this is only if it delves into Young Tiki), I wouldn't say she's as bad as the others listed.

Selkie is possibly one of the best decks right now (even if outdated).

4 minutes ago, Malice74 said:

Is there anywhere outside this thread find deck lists for sets beyond 8 as well as some sort of tier list? I'm interested in seeing what people are playing. 

I haven't bothered updating this thread for a while, but you can find deck lists on Twitter, and if you want a tier list I guess you can see some by the Cipher Discord players - thats an idea but other than that it'll be hard to find a tier list.

3 hours ago, Malice74 said:

Is there anywhere outside this thread find deck lists for sets beyond 8 as well as some sort of tier list? I'm interested in seeing what people are playing. 

i don't think anything changed, other than people including overclass faye, playing fem corrin, or some variant of mage

• 5 months later...

Hi this is my fist message on this forum, thanks to all !

I just start the TCG with one friend, i live in Paris and we have a community on the game (Cool !)

I Play a lot of TCG right now (Yugioh, Final Fantasy and Fire Emblem) i start with 4 starter deck (Black,White,Blue Awekening and the Blazing Blade Purple) with many card unit (Lyn, Tharja/Sally, Kagero, Kamui F) and other Waifu characters !

And to progresse fast for deckbuilding and learn the current meta, i search a Japanese website with decklist but is hard to find one (i couldn't find one) just Twitter stuff with tournament result and pictures of decklist.

If someone have a link, i appreciate.