Choosing the Best Class for Zero (Poll 13)

Jayvee94

Which is the best class for Zero?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Optimization Poll: Which is the optimal class for Zero?

• Adventurer
    • Basara
    • Berserker
    • Bow Knight
    • Brave Hero
    • Butler
    • Dark Knight
    • Falcon Warrior
    • General
    • Golden-Kite Warrior
    • Great Knight
    • Holy Bowman
    • Holy Lancer
    • Paladin
    • Revenant Knight
    • Sorcerer
    • Strategist
    • Wyvern Lord
    • I don't really know.
  2. 2. Practicality Poll (Nohr): Which is the most practical class for Zero in the Nohr campaign?

• Adventurer
    • Berserker
    • Bow Knight
    • Brave Hero
    • Butler
    • Dark Knight
    • Falcon Warrior
    • General
    • Golden-Kite Warrior
    • Great Knight
    • Holy Bowman
    • Paladin
    • Revenant Knight
    • Sorcerer
    • Strategist
    • Wyvern Lord
    • I'm going to bench Zero.
  3. 3. Preference Poll: Which class do you like the best for Zero?

• Adventurer
    • Basara
    • Berserker
    • Bow Knight
    • Brave Hero
    • Butler
    • Dark Knight
    • Falcon Warrior
    • General
    • Golden-Kite Warrior
    • Great Knight
    • Holy Bowman
    • Holy Lancer
    • Paladin
    • Revenant Knight
    • Sorcerer
    • Strategist
    • Wyvern Lord
    • He's fine in any class.
  4. 4. DLC Poll: Which DLC class do you like the best for Zero?

• Ballistician
    • Dark Falcon
    • Dread Fighter
    • Grandmaster
    • Lodestar
    • Vanguard
    • I don't plan on using DLC classes
  5. 5. Optional Poll: Which character would you like to vote on next poll?

• Camilla
    • Kaze
    • Ryoma
    • Pieri
    • Nyx
    • Rinkah
    • Xander
    • Oboro
    • Setsuna
    • Mr. Perfect
    • Shall we dance, milady?
    • Mr. Tough Luck
    • I don't really care.

Zero. A thief from Nohr; Leo’s subordinate. He was born in the bottom-most slums, with nobody to call family. Though he has the look of a calm adult, he thrusts suggestive words upon men and women alike and takes delight in watching other people suffer. The biggest admirer of the moon.
[spoiler=Marriage/Buddy Seals]
Spoiler (Marriage/Buddy Seals)

A Marriage/Buddy seal allows a unit to reclass into one of the select class trees of his spouse (S support) or buddy (A+ support). A unit may only achieve an S support with units of the opposite gender (exc. Kamui, Syalla, Zero), and may only achieve an A+ support with units of the same gender.

(The credit for the following information goes to Gayserbeam, as I copied the wording of his explanation. Check out the Class Changing and Inheritance Thread for more information.

• If the users Primary Class is different than their Spouses/Buddys Primary Class, then the Marriage/Buddy Seal will reclass them to the Spouses/Buddys Primary Class, even if the user has that class as a Secondary Class already.
  • If the users Primary Class is the same as their Spouses/Buddys Primary Class, then the Marriage/Buddy Seal will reclass them to the Spouses/Buddys Secondary Class.
  • If the user is married or buddied with a unit who has an unlearnable class, then the Marriage/Buddy Seal will reclass them to the Spouses/Buddys Secondary Class.
    • An unlearnable class is a class that may be unique to a character or their children. The following units have unlearnable classes: Nishiki (Fox Spirit), Flannel (Garou), Azura (Singer), Mozume (Villager).
  • If the user is married or buddied with a unit who has an unlearnable class, and their Primary Class is the same as their Spouses/Buddys Secondary Class, then the Marriage/Buddy Seal will reclass them to the Spouses/Buddys Substitute Class.
    • A Substitute Class is simply a select class a character with an unlearnable class passes down under certain circumstances. The following units have Substitute Classes: Nishiki (Herb Merchant), Flannel (Outlaw), Azura (Rod Knight), Mozume (Herb Merchant).

If youre still confused, let me use Zero as an example to try and clarify matters!

• Zero/Belka: Zero's Primary Class is Outlaw, and Belka's is Wyvern Rider. Therefore, Zero would Marriage Seal into Wyvern Rider.
    • Zero/Nyx: Zero's Primary Class is Outlaw, and Nyx's is Dark Mage. Therefore, Zero would Marriage Seal into Dark Mage. As Zero's Secondary Class is Dark Mage, he would not receive a new class tree from Nyx.
  • There is no marriable female Outlaw in this game for Zero
  • Zero/Mozume: As Mozume's Primary Class is Villager, an unlearnable class, Zero would Marriage Seal into her Secondary Class-- Bowman.
  • Zero/Outlaw!Avatar: Avatar's Primary Class is Nohr Princess, an unlearnable class. Zero's Primary Class is Outlaw, and Avatar's Secondary Class is Outlaw. Therefore, Zero would Marriage Seal into her Substitute Class-- Bowman.

[spoiler=Possible Classes]

• Classes in black are ones Zero can only achieve in either the Nohr or the Invisible Kingdom campaign.
  • Classes in blue are ones Zero can only achieve in the Invisible Kingdom campaign

Base Classes (3H, 8N, 11T)

• Bowman
  • Cavalier
  • Dark Mage
  • Fighter
  • Knight
  • Lance Fighter
  • Mercenary
  • Outlaw
  • Pegasus Warrior
  • Rod Knight
  • Wyvern Rider

Promoted Classes (6H, 12N, 18T)

• Adventurer
  • Basara
  • Berserker
  • Bow Knight
  • Brave Hero
  • Butler
  • Dark Knight
  • Falcon Warrior
  • General
  • Golden-Kite Warrior
  • Great Knight
  • Holy Bowman
  • Holy Lancer
  • Paladin
  • Revenant Knight
  • Sorcerer
  • Strategist
  • Wyvern Lord

[spoiler=Expansion of Possible Classes]
Primary Base Class:
Outlaw
Primary Promoted Classes: Adventurer, Bow Knight
Secondary Base Class: Dark Mage
Secondary Promoted Classes: Dark Knight, Sorcerer

Marriage Seal Classes: These are organized alphabetically based on the localized names of the spouses. we listed the Hoshido characters first, the Nohr characters second, and the shared characters last.

• Oboro: Lance Fighter -> Basara, Holy Lancer
  • Setsuna: Bowman -> Golden-Kite Warrior, Holy Bowman

• Berka: Wyvern Rider -> Revenant Knight, Wyvern Lord
  • Camilla: Wyvern Rider -> Revenant Knight, Wyvern Lord
  • Charlotte: Fighter -> Berserker, Brave Hero
  • Effie: Knight -> General, Great Knight
  • Elise: Rod Knight -> Butler, Strategist
  • Luna: Mercenary -> Bow Knight, Brave Hero
  • Nyx: n/a
  • Pieri: Cavalier -> Great Knight, Paladin

• Azura: Pegasus Warrior -> Falcon Warrior, Golden-Kite Warrior
  • Felicia: Rod Knight -> Butler, Strategist
  • Mozume: Bowman -> Golden-Kite Warrior, Holy Bowman

Buddy Seal Classes: These are organized alphabetically based on the localized names of the buddies. we listed the Hoshido characters first, the Nohr characters second, and the shared characters last.

• Subaki: Pegasus Warrior -> Falcon Warrior, Golden-Kite Warrior
  • Arthur: Fighter -> Berserker, Brave Hero
  • Leo: n/a
  • Odin: n/a

[spoiler=Notice]

• In the previous optional poll, Camilla placed 2nd and Obora placed 3rd. Therefore, Camilla would get 3 votes and Obora will get 1.
  • Nishiki and Benoit received only one vote each while Effie, Flannel and Jakob recieved none. So Effie, Flannel and Nishiki will be out for two polls (return at poll 15), Jakob will be out for four (returns at poll 17), and Benoit will be out for 8 (returns at poll 21)
  • Setsuna have been added back to the poll. if it is demonstrated again is that the forum is not interested in her, She will be out for 4 polls (poll 18).
  • Subaki, Lazward and Arthur has been added to the poll
  • Note: If you plan to go through multiple classes, vote for the Final/Endgame class.

[spoiler=Possible Skills]
Personal Skill: Nohrian Restraint: When there is a Prison in My Castle, the user can select the “Capture” command. If a generic enemy is defeated, they will be sent to the Prison
Skills are organized alphabetically based on the classes. Within the classes, skills are listed in the order of achievement (e.g. a GK earns Luna at Lvl. 5 and Diamond Strike at Lvl. 15, so Luna is listed before Diamond Strike).

Base class skills are listed before promoted class skills. Descriptions of skills Sakura can acquire through her primary and secondary class trees are listed below.

Descriptions of all the skills are located on the skills pages.

Base Classes Skills

• Bowman: Skill +2, Prescient Victory
  • Cavalier: Open Assault, Rescue
  • Dark Mage: Bind, Devilish Wind
  • Fighter: HP +5, Roundhouse
  • Knight: Defense +2, Confined Defense
  • Lance Fighter: Defense Seal, Substitute
  • Mercenary: Stubbornness, Patient Assurance
  • Outlaw: Locktouch, Movement +1
  • Pegasus Warrior: Swallow Strike, Eastern Heart
  • Rod Knight: Resistance +2, Distinguished Son
  • Wyvern Rider: Strength +2, Cut Through

Promoted Classes Skills

• Adventurer: Lucky Seven, Pass
  • Basara: Breaking Sky, Flamboyant
  • Berserker: Rally Strength, Axefaire
  • Bow Knight: Rally Skill, Kunaibreaker
  • Brave Hero: Sol, Axebreaker
  • Butler: Servant's Joy, Tomebreaker
  • Dark Knight: Magic Seal, Lifetaker
  • Falcon Warrior: Rally Speed, Mirror Strike
  • General: Defensive Formation, Pavise
  • Golden-Kite Warrior: Soar, Sun God
  • Great Knight: Luna, Diamond Strike
  • Holy Bowman: Raven Strike, Bowfaire
  • Holy Lancer: Speed Seal, Lancefaire
  • Paladin: Defender, Aegis
  • Revenant Knight: Deadly Breath, Overbearing
  • Sorcerer: Vengeance, Bowbreaker
  • Strategist: Rally Resistance, Battle Command
  • Wyvern Lord: Rally Defence, Swordbreaker

Locktouch: User can open doors and chests without requiring keys
Movement +1: Movement +1
Lucky Seven: Hit rate and Avoid +20 for the first seven Turns
Pass: User can pass through tiles occupied by enemy units
Rally Skill: Skill +4 to all allies within a 2 tile radius for one Turn when the “Rally” command is used
Kunaibreaker: Hit rate and Avoid +50 when the enemy is equipped with a Kunai

Bind: When fighting adjacent to an enemy, enemys Avoid -20
Devilish Wind: Enemies within a 2 tile radius receive 2 extra damage from magical attacks
Magic Seal: After battle, enemys Magic -6
Lifetaker: When user triggers the battle, recover 50% HP after defeating the enemy
Vengeance: Skill x 1.5% chance of adding half the users (Max HP Current HP) as damage
Bow Breaker: Hit rate and Avoid +50 when the enemy is equipped with a Bow

For more info about stats and growths, please go to http://serenesforest.net/fire-emblem-fates/

[spoiler=Summary]

Optimal

1. Adventurer [47.37%]

2. Bow Knight [21.05%]

3.5 Holy Bowman [7.89%]

3.5 Sorcerer [7.89%]

Practical (Nohr)

1. Adventurer [47.37%]

2. Bow Knight [31.58%]

3. Holy Bowman [7.89%]

Preferred

1. Adventurer [44.74%]

2. Bow Knight [18.42%]

3. Sorcerer [13.16%]

DLC

1. Ballistician [47.37%]

2. Dark Falcon [13.16%]

3. n/a

Optional poll

1. Camilla (7+3 votes)[18.42%]

2. Oboro (5+1 votes)[13.16%]

3. Shall we dance, milady? (5 votes)[13.16%]

So the next poll will feature the sexy, Camilla.

Edited by Jayvee94

He makes a pretty fabulous Sorcerer. Seeing as he's your Nohr capture unit, you probably want him to have better offenses than Adventurer offers, and Sorcerer secures his MAG growth, offers S-rank tomes, tacks on Vengeance, and throws in HIT+5/ CRIT+10/ C.EVA+5 for good measure. A Sorcerer with Pass might be pretty convenient, too. It doesn't hurt that Nyx might be better served going Adventurer than Sorcerer anyway--she's a bit shaky in combat due to bad SKL and durability; being able to sit back and take a breather with staves is appreciated--so she can take over healing duties and free up Zero to go Sorcerer and wreck face.

Adventurer->Lv15->Bow Knight, I believe many players have tried this for the final chapter.

Azura gives him Golden-Kite Warrior and Mozume/Setsuna gives him Bowman.

These all have A-Bow or higher, so we can give him Mighty Bow + Shining Bow.

When Str is halved we use Mag lol

He makes a pretty fabulous Sorcerer. Seeing as he's your Nohr capture unit, you probably want him to have better offenses than Adventurer offers, and Sorcerer secures his MAG growth, offers S-rank tomes, tacks on Vengeance, and throws in HIT+5/ CRIT+10/ C.EVA+5 for good measure. A Sorcerer with Pass might be pretty convenient, too. It doesn't hurt that Nyx might be better served going Adventurer than Sorcerer anyway--she's a bit shaky in combat due to bad SKL and durability; being able to sit back and take a breather with staves is appreciated--so she can take over healing duties and free up Zero to go Sorcerer and wreck face.

Without grinding in DLC, it is impossible in Nohr to have "Excalibur + Pass + money" at the same time...

Without grinding in DLC, it is impossible in Nohr to have "Excalibur + Pass + money" at the same time...

I never said it was practical, just that it would be convenient.

Now that Zero is the one here I hope someone can help me out here. Which class would be good for FeMui to pass from the classes he can't get normally?

Ninja, Samurai, Oni Savage, Herb Merchant, Priest or Spellcaster?

And best Asset would it be Speed or Strength to cover his -2?

Now that Zero is the one here I hope someone can help me out here. Which class would be good for FeMui to pass from the classes he can't get normally?

Ninja, Samurai, Oni Savage, Herb Merchant, Priest or Spellcaster?

And best Asset would it be Speed or Strength to cover his -2?

Out of those, Spellcaster seems to be your best bet. Not only do you allow yourself access to Flamboyant and Breaking Sky, but Basara is a pretty stellar class to stay in. You'll have balances all around and great skills to boot. A Lances and B Tomes allows for good coverage. Bind + Lucky Seven ensures you'll never miss. Tomefaire, Lifetaker, Breaking Sky, Flamboyant, and your choice for a final skill make for a fine setup that doesn't require a Buddy Seal.

EDIT: With Buddy Seals, Odin gives Dark Mage, a class he already has. Leo gives him the same tree. Don't ask me why they did this. I simply don't know. Arthur is good for Roundhouse, Sol, and Axebreaker (the last two seem pretty great for Basara) making him the best choice, or, rather, only choice.

Giving Famui Speed Asset will help you secure that doubling you're looking for. Speed is essential.

Edited by Xylaugheon Daily

Out of those, Spellcaster seems to be your best bet. Not only do you allow yourself access to Flamboyant and Breaking Sky, but Basara is a pretty stellar class to stay in. You'll have balances all around and great skills to boot. A Lances and B Tomes allows for good coverage. Bind + Lucky Seven ensures you'll never miss. Tomefaire, Lifetaker, Breaking Sky, Flamboyant, and your choice for a final skill make for a fine setup that doesn't require a Buddy Seal.

With Buddy Seals, you can gain access to Samurai with Odin, another class you're interested in. Leo gives Rod Knight and Arthur grants Fighter. Leo is the only option I'm eh about. Arthur is good for Roundhouse, Sol, and Axebreaker (the last two seem pretty great for Basara) and Odin for Vantage, Flowing Strike, Astra, and Line of Death (all of those are valuable.) Hard to go wrong with this layout if you ask me.

Giving Famui Speed Asset will help you secure that doubling you're looking for. Speed is essential.

Zero get Dark Mage from Odin/Leo.

My plan for Zero is to have him snag the ninja tree from Kamui and go puppeteer, which takes advantage of his bow rank and lets him have kunai for situational debuffs and eventual copycat puppet.

But, it's not even in the poll, so, I guess bow knight, for the movement and bows, which I've heard are in high demand in Nohr.

Edited by Oshimos

Well, how about Butler? Sorry..I kinda have an obsession with the two classes..but seriously. I mean as an Adventurer, it looks like his magic isn't too bad. If you decide to seal it onto him, he would be pretty good with Butler I think. Sure, ranking Kunai would be a pain, but...who doesn't want Zero in that outfit? Nevertheless, you would Seal him into Adventurer, pick up pass, since I THINK it may help when your capturing things, He was doing things with Shining Bow, so why not have him do things with Explosive Ninja Stars and Ice Trays? Nevertheless, I think having 1-2 range without taking up a Skill slot would be cool. Plus, he still puts his strength to use with regular Kunai. Anyway, just a thought. Oh BTW, I say seal into Adventurer first for Stave ranking too. For other skills, you can make him an anti-Mage with Magic Seal. If you spend some time in Sorc and Dark Knight, he will benefit both from having better magic and skills. Just a thought, as Move +1 and Locktouch aren't the worst in game.

Edited by ~Inigo~

Well, how about Butler? Sorry..I kinda have an obsession with the two classes..but seriously. I mean as an Adventurer, it looks like his magic isn't too bad. If you decide to seal it onto him, he would be pretty good with Butler I think. Sure, ranking Kunai would be a pain, but...who doesn't want Zero in that outfit? Nevertheless, you would Seal him into Adventurer, pick up pass, since I THINK it may help when your capturing things, He was doing things with Shining Bow, so why not have him do things with Explosive Ninja Stars and Ice Trays? Nevertheless, I think having 1-2 range without taking up a Skill slot would be cool. Plus, he still puts his strength to use with regular Kunai. Anyway, just a thought. Oh BTW, I say seal into Adventurer first for Stave ranking too. For other skills, you can make him an anti-Mage with Magic Seal. If you spend some time in Sorc and Dark Knight, he will benefit both from having better magic and skills. Just a thought, as Move +1 and Locktouch aren't the worst in game.

Assuming that having fewer bower is not a problem, you can reclass him to Dread Fighter so he can train Kunai rank earlier.

Adventurer->Lv15->Bow Knight, I believe many players have tried this for the final chapter.

Azura gives him Golden-Kite Warrior and Mozume/Setsuna gives him Bowman.

These all have A-Bow or higher, so we can give him Mighty Bow + Shining Bow.

When Str is halved we use Mag lol

I'm definitely gonna try this when I get Fates. Equip Bow Knight with Leon's Cold Sword for even more debuff hijinks. When Mag is debuffed, we use phys weapons. Rally, Rinse, Repeat.

Edited by Dork Dragon

For once I had differing opinions on everything!

He is most optimal as a Sorc IMO cause his Mag is way better then his Str.(Also that outfit though)

I find him most practical as an Adventurer however do to the lack of bow users in Nohr and also extra staff usage is not bad.

I like him most in Butler, but don't we all.

Ballistician cause bows and I am unoriginal.