Strange issue with Pixiv lately

Xenomic

Maybe one of ya'll can help me with this issue? So recently, a few days ago I started having some weird issue with Pixiv that I've never had before:

a65e82cad85f6256b9c71d60f444a917.png

I've looked up some solutions to this, including going to about:config and dealing with that, clearing cache, and clearing Pixiv's cookies specifically, but seems nothing has fixed this. And Pixiv is literally the ONLY site this happens on. I know it's on my end since nobody else I've talked to is having these issues (and sometimes the page just flatout doesn't load at all, or sometimes loads fine, but then sometimes loads but with things not loading properly or resetting some settings). Anyone know how to fix this error at all?

It's more like...half the time it'll get on, but half the time it DOES get on, it won't load things/the "New Work: Following", etc. things aren't in the order I had them in, and then the other half of the time it'll give that error. I'm using Firefox (always have, and NEVER have I once had this problem at all). It's all so bizarre...

Oh yea you're on Firefox.

Just clear the Cache & cookies then, don't worry about hunting for Licenses (that's a Chrome thing I run through all the time)

First things first, let's see what that error means, in plain English:

Some explanation, from the horse's mouth. Ctrl + F "content encoding error". . .well, that's weird. Sometimes, the cache has to be manually deleted. Not sure if you did that step.

Other stuff you can try:

- If you have a firewall, turn it off

- See if the problem occurs in other browsers

- If all else fails, press F12 to open Developer Tools, switch to the Network tab, and reload the page. Once you get the error message, go through the resources until you find an error. Then, switch to the Console, and see what errors are thrown. That should tell you what resource(s) are causing the error.

Checked in IE, it does happen there too. Tried clearing cache (both manually and through Firefox) as well as cookies for Pixiv, but no dice. Firewall is never on (I think...dunno why it would act up NOW of all times though if that were the case?). I'd rather not have to completely reset my browser if I can help it, especially since it's one site, but...well, we'll see if I can get the page to load at all (which it doesn't want to right now).

4905a5b5e4b16ef43cb0185d9a1fc0dd.png

Yeah, it finally loaded the page with the error, and that's what I'm seeing right now. Thing is though, apparently I'm the only one out of all the people I've talked to about this with that's having this issue. : S

Unfortunately I don't have that now. The thing loaded up again (though it's still being stupidly sluggish). So here's what it says when I have it loaded up (but not fully loaded properly):

5d7b74a62e3bd30a42ad7fbbc214426f.png

(The console had nothing for this)

I did some non-signed-in poking around in Pixiv. I somehow ended up here. I didn't encounter any hiccups while browsing. Then again, I use a really weird browser (Pale Moon).

If Pixiv misbehaves, can you check the Console? If you REALLY want to buckle down and figure this out, you can attempt to download another browser, and see if the problem persists. Maybe there's a program that's on your computer that's messing with the connection?

EDIT: This is your fault, too. :P:

Edited by eclipse