Glitch?

DaisukeRei

So I just started my game up this morning to do some support grinding and I think I found a glitch. I have one of the maps that you can use for grinding that has no enemies in it. o3o

I have no idea how to fix it and thought it was really weird so I'll include pictures in the link below. If you know how to fix this, please let me know. o3o

http://imgur.com/a/PuUTB

What happens if you start the fight?

If you look at the picture where you pick units, he has 0 units left to pick... yet nobody has been picked.

And you can't begin fighting without fielding units, hence why the Fight button is grayed out on the first pic.

I assume the game derped on this one, if I'm looking at all this stuff right.

That being said... Mind trying and check what happens if you try to generate another skirmish? Will that fix the previous one? Will both of them have no enemies?

Edited by ItzMeeMario

Is this off of the hacked version, or a legit Japanese copy?

(not trying to be insulting, but stuff like this is really important while troubleshooting)

(not trying to be insulting, but stuff like this is really important while troubleshooting)

Nothing's been translated, so it appears to be legit.

Digital copy on my Japanese New 3ds.

If you look at the picture where you pick units, he has 0 units left to pick... yet nobody has been picked.

And you can't begin fighting without fielding units, hence why the Fight button is grayed out on the first pic.

I assume the game derped on this one, if I'm looking at all this stuff right.

That being said... Mind trying and check what happens if you try to generate another skirmish? Will that fix the previous one? Will both of them have no enemies?

I tried making a skirmish over this one and it generated one that worked but after I beat it, it went back to what it was before I generated the new skirmish. When I generate other skirmishes, it just gets pushed to the bottom of available skirmishes.

Edited by DaisukeRei

I've had this issue before in a couple other IS games, most notable the last level of Days of Ruin, where nothing except my units spawned, so I finished the game in one turn by default :)

Just ignore it and go for the next encounter, see if it has any strange behaviour. There are definitely some basic oversights and some bigger glitches in the game, but so far I haven't seen anything like this. Mostly I've seen battle animations where characters attack from across the map and still do damage, despite not being near the enemy (Asama as the War Priest or whatever did this a bunch, animation timing screwups).

• 4 weeks later...

Coming back here to let know that I just came across this very same glitch. Except instead of getting a Level 3 Oni, I got a Level 3 Mercenary.

It takes place on the same exact map, and I can't pick any units. I also cannot overwrite the skirmish by trying to generate another one over it on the map, because it still shows that location as empty.

It's worth noting that I've never seen skirmishes below Level 5. The moment I saw the guy on the map, I was already shocked and curious. And sure enough... that's what it was all along, lol

I'm playing the cartridged Special Edition, by the way.

Coming back here to let know that I just came across this very same glitch. Except instead of getting a Level 3 Oni, I got a Level 3 Mercenary.

It takes place on the same exact map, and I can't pick any units. I also cannot overwrite the skirmish by trying to generate another one over it on the map, because it still shows that location as empty.

It's worth noting that I've never seen skirmishes below Level 5. The moment I saw the guy on the map, I was already shocked and curious. And sure enough... that's what it was all along, lol

I'm playing the cartridged Special Edition, by the way.

Yeah unfortunately it seems that it won't go away even after waiting a while since I haven't touch my Japanese 3ds in 2 weeks and that glitched map is still there. :/

Yeah unfortunately it seems that it won't go away even after waiting a while since I haven't touch my Japanese 3ds in 2 weeks and that glitched map is still there. :/

Does it go away after you play the other skirmishes to refresh the available skirmishes?

Say hello to a different glitch, where your own units and enemy units overlap in certain maps. Kawaki Chatei has record of this happening in the second My Castle defence mission in Nohr if the castle is set to Chevalier style, and I've got this: [Miiverse post]

As far as I can tell, there is no negative consequences. Your unit isn't going to disappear after you finish the map.

​

​

Does it go away after you play the other skirmishes to refresh the available skirmishes?

Say hello to a different glitch, where your own units and enemy units overlap in certain maps. Kawaki Chatei has record of this happening in the second My Castle defence mission in Nohr if the castle is set to Chevalier style, and I've got this: [Miiverse post]

As far as I can tell, there is no negative consequences. Your unit isn't going to disappear after you finish the map.

​

​

The skirmishes don't usually refresh until you clear a regular chapter (or maybe DLC) or wait a little while.

I'm aware of that glitch. You can set one of your buildings (such as an armory) in My Castle in such a way that a unit starting at that building coincides with an enemy's starting position on the My Castle defense missions.

The bugged skirmish isn't going away despite refreshing on my end as well. It's like the game generated trash/incomplete data for a skirmish and wasn't set to disappear after a while, as pretty much every other skirmish does.

Guess you aren't the only one stuck with a bugged skirmish. On the flip side, it doesn't actually harm anything, so at least that's good.

I still hope the localized game will fix this.