Colm or Rennac?

Florete

The Rogues  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you use?

• Colm
    • Rennac

You are correct in that aspect that he's extremely useful until Rennac appears, but if Rennac replaces Colm, then it generally means it's because Rennac's the new most extremely useful unit. Colm is useful for longer than Rennac indeed, but Rennac's still more useful than Colm when compared with eachother.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Without them fighting, they're equally useful. Stealing + Picking = Stealing + Picking

That's undeniable.

Colm has massive Thief utility for almost the entire game, while Rennac has it for ~half the game. Colm wins.

Without them fighting, they're equally useful. Stealing + Picking = Stealing + Picking

That's undeniable.

Colm has massive Thief utility for almost the entire game, while Rennac has it for ~half the game. Colm wins.

A football team doesn't win because they were leading in points for most the game, only to have their opponents score their winning goals in the last 10 minutes. I believe the same standards apply here.

He is around for basically the whole game, but if they're not fighting, then using the better of the two seems the logical thing to do. Plus Rennac's Pick ability saves colm another space or two where carrying items are concerned. Colm gets benched. Rennac wins.

A football team doesn't win because they were leading in points for most the game, only to have their opponents score their winning goals in the last 10 minutes. I believe the same standards apply here.

He is around for basically the whole game, but if they're not fighting, then using the better of the two seems the logical thing to do. Plus Rennac's Pick ability saves colm another space or two where carrying items are concerned. Colm gets benched. Rennac wins.

That's an entirely different matter. It's like saying that a character who is one of the most useful units in 99/100 chapters is less useful than a character you recruit in the final chapter, who has all stats above 1000.

There are always cases where you're going to want to use two thieves.

Example. You use Colm the first 10/20 chapters, then Rennac the last 10/20, because you get Rennac in chapter 11. However, there are cases where you need two thieves. That means that Colm has 12~14 chapters while Rennac has 10. Colm wins.

You are correct in that aspect that he's extremely useful until Rennac appears, but if Rennac replaces Colm, then it generally means it's because Rennac's the new most extremely useful unit. Colm is useful for longer than Rennac indeed, but Rennac's still more useful than Colm when compared with eachother.

Yet Rennac has only two chapters of unecessary Theif stuff, while Colm has 15. -_-

Assuming you promote Colm into a Rogue, which do you prefer? The likely-to-have-better-stats-and-supports Colm, or the already-promoted, gets-the-thieving-job-done-well-enough Rennac?

And I don't want any "Rennac, because Colm should be an Assassin!" Assume you usually decide to make him a Rogue. Which do you generally use for thievery? Do you drop your unpromoted Colm when you get Rennac, or does Colm get your Ocean Seal and continue with his job?

I will choose after seeing some of your choices. I realize it's kind of a tough way to look at things, but I've met this choice before and not really known what to do.

It's an RPG/Strategy game. The whole thing's about fighting. -_-

Tell that to a Dancer. A thief doesn't have to fight. They can focus on thieving, as a Dancer focuses on giving turns to units who can do nothing but fight.

Dancers CAN'T fight. Thieves can.

It can go either way. You don't have to make a thief fight. Because they're able to do one or the other, or both, some will choose (myself, for example, and many others like me) will choose to just have a thief do the thieving stuff. And in that case, Rennac is the better option to do the thieving with, once he appears. It ain't law, but it's what I do, and what I'd advise for anyone else who doesn't make Colm fight in any of their playthroughs. Understand that?

I think what Simca meant was that Rennac was the better thief according to his supports with Colm. Not that he has better support options or whatever.

But I could be mistaken.

wow... this is like 5 pages back. Sorry for the lateness, but Ronan interpreted my post right. Now that I read it, the wording could have made such an interpretation.

Dancers CAN'T fight. Thieves can.

This poll ISN'T ABOUT FIGHTING. I know this because I made the damned thing. If you're judging right now on fighting ability, leave the topic, that's not why I made it.

This poll ISN'T ABOUT FIGHTING. I know this because I made the damned thing. If you're judging right now on fighting ability, leave the topic, that's not why I made it.

I've already given my reasons based purely on thieving. You said it was the answer you were looking for.

I've already given my reasons based purely on thieving. You said it was the answer you were looking for.

Yes, but then you came back and started talking about fighting. Why?

Because Raven started talking about how Rennac blows Colm out of the water when Colm isn't trained. That's like saying that Hawkeye is better than Dart because he's already promoted and has that critical bonus.

Because Raven started talking about how Rennac blows Colm out of the water when Colm isn't trained. That's like saying that Hawkeye is better than Dart because he's already promoted and has that critical bonus.

Well... for ranked runs, that's totally true. Overall, I feel like this has become (once again) more of a debate than I wanted it to be...

How did this thread end up like this? These 2 characters hardly call for a debate or this much argument.

In a tier list:

Colm >>>>> Rennac

Potentially:

Colm >>>>> Rennac

Utility (if Colm is used for combat and lvls up along with the others):

Colm >>>>> Rennac

Utility (if Colm isn't leveled much):

Rennac >>>>> Colm

Seriously, comparing Rennac and unleveled Colm is like comparing Astol and unleveled Chad in FE6. You're gonna use Astol because he has better durability and THE SAME EXACT UTILITY as Chad. The fact that Rennac needs no Lockpick to unlock stuff makes little to no difference really.

There are always cases where you're going to want to use two thieves.

Example. You use Colm the first 10/20 chapters, then Rennac the last 10/20, because you get Rennac in chapter 11. However, there are cases where you need two thieves. That means that Colm has 12~14 chapters while Rennac has 10. Colm wins.

Cough. Colm > Rennac even if he gains experience from just stealing.

I've never been in a situation where I've needed two thieves. Hell, I don't even bring Colm to the chapter I recruit Rennac because I get Rennac to do all the running round and opening chests from that chapter onwards.

I've never been in a situation where I've needed two thieves. Hell, I don't even bring Colm to the chapter I recruit Rennac because I get Rennac to do all the running round and opening chests from that chapter onwards.

In other words, having two thieves will save a ton of time. Large chapers with spread out chests, such as chapters 14 for both Eirika and Ephraim and chapter 19, they take awhile opening all the chests. Don't forget that chapter 19 has a turn limit, too.

In other words, having two thieves will save a ton of time. Large chapers with spread out chests, such as chapters 14 for both Eirika and Ephraim and chapter 19, they take awhile opening all the chests. Don't forget that chapter 19 has a turn limit, too.

I managed unlocking everything in that chapter with just Rennac... Using two thieves will just take up one more slot where another attacking unit can be used.