General Warriors Thread: Persona 5 Scramble

Jedi

Considering the Steam version is kinda.. meh, I'd believe it. Koei loves their Sony platforms.

There seems to have been three patches in all. What I'm wondering is: how big of a deal are they? The 1st patch was mostly bug fixes, so are the other two mostly just tinkering around with balance?

It still has mostly positive user reviews, so I'm inclined to think that I wouldn't be missing out on anything terribly big.

EDIT: Just looked things up. Looks like the rest were just some tooling and expanding on optional features; nothing major or anything that's fixing a gamebreaking glitch or something.

Edited by The DanMan

• Replies 907
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2016/04/koei_tecmo_confirms_that_it_has_nintendo_nx_software_in_development

Koei apparently has already begun development on projects for the NX. Whether it's a Hyrule Warriors port, an FE Warriors game (please oh so much), simply Dynasty Warriors 9, or something else entirely, is unknown.

Edited by The DanMan

Apparently DW Eiketsuden's release date is going to be announced on May 12

Basically an announcement of an announcement.

Day after my Birthday lol.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2016/04/koei_tecmo_confirms_that_it_has_nintendo_nx_software_in_development

Koei apparently has already begun development on projects for the NX. Whether it's a Hyrule Warriors port, an FE Warriors game (please oh so much), simply Dynasty Warriors 9, or something else entirely, is unknown.

Good sign of things to come.

I did like the comment there saying "Romance of the Three Mushroom Kingdoms" and "Other M 2 or bust"

Stumbled upon these poll results from when 8XL was released in Japan: http://www.gamecity.ne.jp/smusou7/charavote/

Since I saw Zhao Yun's actual popularity be brought into question a bit earlier in the thread, I think these results certainly imply that it's a regional thing.

Edited by The DanMan

Stumbled upon these poll results from when 8XL was released in Japan: http://www.gamecity.ne.jp/smusou7/charavote/

Since I saw Zhao Yun's actual popularity be brought into question a bit earlier in the thread, I think these results certainly imply that it's a regional thing.

I tend to frown a bit at seeing Koei popularity polls. The tops are always the pretty beardless boys and everyone above 30 gets quickly booted to the lower ends of the poll no matter how interesting or benevolent they might be. Case in point would be (the old and fat) Ieyasu who gets rewarded for being the nicest character in the game by getting the lowest spot. And the very rude but pretty Mitsunari gets the first place.

And since screentime gets based on the polls I kinda have to resign myself to more team Mitsunari.

Edited by Etrurian emperor

I tend to frown a bit at seeing Koei popularity polls. The tops are always the pretty beardless boys and everyone above 30 gets quickly booted to the lower ends of the poll no matter how interesting or benevolent they might be. Case in point would be (the old and fat) Ieyasu who gets rewarded for being the nicest character in the game by getting the lowest spot. And the very rude but pretty Mitsunari gets the first place.

And since screentime gets based on the polls I kinda have to resign myself to more team Mitsunari.

Well, Xiahou Dun is in the top ten, and one of the manlier characters in the cast; Zhong Hui, though... looks + five telekinetic swords is all I've got.

What can I say; the leanings of the Japanese public have been shown time and time eagain.

Ieyasu isn't well liked in the Japanese fanbase. If you know actual history, you'd know why. And even though he is brought into a good light like Hideyoshi was, he still isn't a really good character in Samurai Warriors. Nobunaga's Ambition and Sengoku Basara though...

Mitsunari is almost posterboy status of SW. Plus, its his character that makes him shine out than the others.

i say an objection here, Ieyasu's character is far far better now then it has been in SW's history.

he's pretty generic anime hero in SB, which is still liked more.

Ieyasu's actually one of the lesser evils in Nobunaga's Ambition, which i find most amusing all things considered (for example, Shingen Takeda is a very horrible person in this)

i say an objection here, Ieyasu's character is far far better now then it has been in SW's history.

he's pretty generic anime hero in SB, which is still liked more.

Ieyasu's actually one of the lesser evils in Nobunaga's Ambition, which i find most amusing all things considered (for example, Shingen Takeda is a very horrible person in this)

I can't bring myself to like or dislike Ieyasu, and while you have a point in SB, they're some things where if the two fused in personality, they would be a lot better as people.

Well, before Sekigahara he was kind of a nice guy. AFTERWARDS, though, I can't speak for him. And yeah, people like Shingen are absolute dicks in NA.

Ieyasu isn't well liked in the Japanese fanbase. If you know actual history, you'd know why. And even though he is brought into a good light like Hideyoshi was, he still isn't a really good character in Samurai Warriors. Nobunaga's Ambition and Sengoku Basara though...

Mitsunari is almost posterboy status of SW. Plus, its his character that makes him shine out than the others.

I do know history and I still don't know why :D He was hardly a saint but you could certainly do worse then historical Ieyasu. I actually do think he is a good character in Samurai warriors. He's benevolent, has nothing but praise for his enemies, is very kind to his men, genuinely friendly with Hideyoshi and really just wants what best for everyone. Even his turning against the Toyotomi gets portrayed as Hideyoshi personally choosing Ieyasu to be his successor, at least in later games.

As for Mitsunari...its his character that makes me hate him the most out of any Koei character. He is that irritating brand of tsundere that's a jerk 90% of the time and I find him irrational. He has his reasons to oppose Ieyasu but it irks me how he keeps pretending he's fighting against some second demon king rather then one of the nicer characters in the cast.

As for Mitsunari...its his character that makes me hate him the most out of any Koei character. He is that irritating brand of tsundere that's a jerk 90% of the time and I find him irrational. He has his reasons to oppose Ieyasu but it irks me how he keeps pretending he's fighting against some second demon king rather then one of the nicer characters in the cast.

Maybe it's because he's trying to protect the Toyotomi, because Mitsunari's loyalty to the Toyotomi compelled him to protect them from the Tokugawa? Ieyasu was a nice guy, yes, but Mitsunari sees the hidden intent that Ieyasu plans to enact, the Tokugawa Shogunate. There's a reason why Ieyasu is the one who waits for the Bird to Sing. To him, Ieyasu is trampling over Hideyoshi's ideals, while Ieyasu believes he's merely expounding upon them by taking over what Hideyoshi started.

It's really just a conflict of ideals, but I can understand your argument over his tsundereness. Though I can't say its 100% solid, because he is genuinely nice to Sakon and Yoshitsugu(Yukimura and Kanetsugu as well), as well as Kiyomasa and Masanori(SW3C Only, for the most part). It's more of, "I don't really know how to express myself because ugh" than "I hate you baka but not really." I think it's more expressive than anything, because in WO, it does take him a while for him to open up to Cao Pi. So in my perspective, its more of Mitsunari expressing himself than just him being tsun.

or something

now, if this were Basara Mitsunari, then yes, Mitsunari is fighting the literal demon king to him because heehee

Edited by Shadowfrost Zenbiniar

Maybe it's because he's trying to protect the Toyotomi, because Mitsunari's loyalty to the Toyotomi compelled him to protect them from the Tokugawa? Ieyasu was a nice guy, yes, but Mitsunari sees the hidden intent that Ieyasu plans to enact, the Tokugawa Shogunate. There's a reason why Ieyasu is the one who waits for the Bird to Sing. To him, Ieyasu is trampling over Hideyoshi's ideals, while Ieyasu believes he's merely expounding upon them by taking over what Hideyoshi started.

It's really just a conflict of ideals, but I can understand your argument over his tsundereness. Though I can't say its 100% solid, because he is genuinely nice to Sakon and Yoshitsugu(Yukimura and Kanetsugu as well), as well as Kiyomasa and Masanori(SW3C Only, for the most part). It's more of, "I don't really know how to express myself because ugh" than "I hate you baka but not really." I think it's more expressive than anything, because in WO, it does take him a while for him to open up to Cao Pi. So in my perspective, its more of Mitsunari expressing himself than just him being tsun.

or something

now, if this were Basara Mitsunari, then yes, Mitsunari is fighting the literal demon king to him because heehee

True but something more or less the same already happened in the story. What Ieyasu does in the final arc isn't really any different from Hideyoshi fighting Katsuie for control of the Oda Clan. Yet Katsuie isn't spewing nearly as much vitriol at Hideyoshi as Mitsunari does to Ieyasu. And it just makes Mitsunari look poorer because Ieyasu is pretty respectful towards him. Him going on about how justice is at ''his side'' annoys me so much because all in all, its Ieyasu who strikes me as the better person by far. If Mitsunari wasn't so vocal about it then I would probably take his stance more seriously.

I do get that he's unpleasant because he's bad at expressing himself but that doesn't make it any better to me, perhaps even worse. My favorite character is Kanbei who can be a jerk to. The difference to me is that one is a jerk because he ultimately wants people to follow the right course while the other just does it to shield himself. One is constructive and the other not very much.

Though a lot of it has probably to do with my natural allergy to tsunderes.

Basara Mitsunari is a character I really like. Gotta love the over the top ''IEYAAAAASUUUUUU!'' every time his name comes up :D His relation with Yoshitsugu is pretty great there as well.

True but something more or less the same already happened in the story. What Ieyasu does in the final arc isn't really any different from Hideyoshi fighting Katsuie for control of the Oda Clan. Yet Katsuie isn't spewing nearly as much vitriol at Hideyoshi as Mitsunari does to Ieyasu. And it just makes Mitsunari look poorer because Ieyasu is pretty respectful towards him. Him going on about how justice is at ''his side'' annoys me so much because all in all, its Ieyasu who strikes me as the better person by far. If Mitsunari wasn't so vocal about it then I would probably take his stance more seriously.

I do get that he's unpleasant because he's bad at expressing himself but that doesn't make it any better to me, perhaps even worse. My favorite character is Kanbei who can be a jerk to. The difference to me is that one is a jerk because he ultimately wants people to follow the right course while the other just does it to shield himself. One is constructive and the other not very much.

Though a lot of it has probably to do with my natural allergy to tsunderes.

Basara Mitsunari is a character I really like. Gotta love the over the top ''IEYAAAAASUUUUUU!'' every time his name comes up :D His relation with Yoshitsugu is pretty great there as well.

Goddamn, this just shot down the post I had in mind. Though the last thing I'll say on this is while you do have a point, Katsuie did have no chance of winning Shizugatake, like how Mitsuhide had no chance of winning Yamazaki. Mitsunari's claim over the land is the one for the Toyotomi, and he actually had a chance(Now this is the one part historically and ingame where he is a dumb fuck, because he does a lot of resentful shit) to win if Kobayakawa didn't defect. Also, Katsuie I think knew before hand he was going to lose anyway, and just fought till the end. Mitsunari had a chance, and despised the fact that Hideyoshi didn't take his advice seriously about Ieyasu. Mitsunari does respect Ieyasu to the point where he wants to strike him down on fair and even terms, so.

IEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYSUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Had to get that out of the way because Troy Baker is glorious. I do prefer Basara Mitsunari and Basara Yoshitsugu to their musou counterparts, so yeah.

jumping in for a quick question. i got really into _hyrule warriors_ and wanted recos on which _DW_ to play. i tried out _DW2_ but it was slow and boring. is _DW3_ more like _HW_? thanks in advance.

jumping in for a quick question. i got really into _hyrule warriors_ and wanted recos on which _DW_ to play. i tried out _DW2_ but it was slow and boring. is _DW3_ more like _HW_? thanks in advance.

Play Dynasty Warriors 6-8 or Samurai Warriors 2 or 4. Those are closer to Hyrule Warriors.

Eiketsuden Update(But it's a roster, basically)

Looking at the roster, I assume that there may be cut characters.

Jin's roster is entirely non-existent, save the Simas and Yuanji, so there's no need to make a list of possibly cut characters.

[spoiler=Who else is missing from the roster, color coded for your convenience]

Yueying

Xing cai

Guan Suo

Ban Sanniang who cares

Liu Shan

Cai Wenji

Pang De

Wang Yi

Ding Feng

Zuo Ci

Meng Huo

Zhurong

Zhang Jiao

If that is the entire roster, then that rumor about Jin being cut had a bit of truth to it, after all.

Edited by Soledai

Eiketsuden Update(But it's a roster, basically)

Looking at the roster, I assume that there may be cut characters.

Jin's roster is entirely non-existent, save the Simas and Yuanji, so there's no need to make a list of possibly cut characters.

[spoiler=Who else is missing from the roster, color coded for your convenience]

Yueying

Xing cai

Guan Suo

Ban Sanniang who cares

Liu Shan

Cai Wenji

Pang De

Wang Yi

Ding Feng

Zuo Ci

Meng Huo

Zhurong

Zhang Jiao

If that is the entire roster, then that rumor about Jin being cut had a bit of truth to it, after all.

Who's bottom right in Wei, I don't recognise them, also is anybody getting Medli this week, and how does 3ds dlc work, is it saved onto the 3ds or whatever is in the sd card slot?

Not to be a spelling nazi, but it's actually Xun Yu.

Xun You is Xun Yu's nephew.

Who's bottom right in Wei, I don't recognise them, also is anybody getting Medli this week, and how does 3ds dlc work, is it saved onto the 3ds or whatever is in the sd card slot?

I think it's the SD Card