General Warriors Thread: Persona 5 Scramble

Jedi

As of today, Hyrule Warriors and Hyrule Warriors Legends people can enjoy Medli from The Wind Waker, among their various characters. (She is free I believe, i'm going off my friends copy here)

and in Legends a new Adventure map hits which includes various heart pieces/containers for characters in Legends but mostly Medli along with her level 2, 3 and 4 weapons.

She is a light elemental character, and is really fun to use imo, tons of little shout outs to WW in her moveset and just alot of fun high speed flight based attacks with some light based harp stuff. Including a nice little ditty she plays on her harp thats like the title screen music.

Edited by Jedi

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 907
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

replaying vanilla DW4 at the moment

I forgot how fucking annoying the old item system really are. RNG based Orb are ridiculous

Also DW4 Musou nerf is pretty crippling. Character that game revolves around OP Musou as their offense and had meh C5 is really crippled. Cao Ren is probably the best example - he had probably the best Musou attack in the entire game, but because its DW4 it doesn't matter.

The Imperial Seal is by far the worst level design in the series too

Edited by JSND

I don't have much to play the Warriors series except my PSP and it looks kinda boring and China sounds meh. I've played Samurai Warrior's at a friend's house, it was fun, but it was mindless swinging around.

But anyways, M-Medli is a character in Hyrule Warriors...?

*screaming*

Heh, I was gonna replay DW4 when I got the chance; I didn't think the item system was that bad, but rng orbs is lol though.

I don't have much to play the Warriors series except my PSP and it looks kinda boring and China sounds meh. I've played Samurai Warrior's at a friend's house, it was fun, but it was mindless swinging around.

> Looks boring and sounds 'meh'

Don't knock it til you tried it.

And if you really want to say it was just mindless swinging around, I could argue that you do that in every game you play where fighting is a thing.

Heh, I was gonna replay DW4 when I got the chance; I didn't think the item system was that bad, but rng orbs is lol though.

> Looks boring and sounds 'meh'

Don't knock it til you tried it.

And if you really want to say it was just mindless swinging around, I could argue that you do that in every game you play where fighting is a thing.

I think Warriors is particularly mindless. Gameplay gets rote pretty quickly compared to other games. There are things you can do to kill particularly quickly, fight particularly strong dudes, etc, there is depth to the game, but I think there might be a bit less than there is to many other games (FPS's, RPGs, hack and slash, etc).

But I agree you should play a bit of a warriors game before deciding. It's not for everyone, but if it appeals to you, it's a great timekiller.

Yeah items isn't too bad, since DW4 is notorious for how little they scale in Vanilla, although having Tiger Amulet, Elixir, and Herbal Remedy is still nice. DW4XL is much better on this because Power Rune + Tiger Amulet enables majority of character to have Musou based offense

Orb on the other hand is ridiculous because some characters just isn't good without Vorpal Orb

Edited by JSND

Eh. I never read Berserk but when the trailer is one of the many rapings in the series (this much I was acclimated to) it's not exactly the fit for Warriors game that I was thinking of considering that it's dark fantasy and I would be expecting if anyone to take it From Software considering it's heavy inspiration for their Souls games.

Who knows, though. I'm probably just not very interested.

Edited by Tryhard

I can't say I'm terribly interested in it at the moment, I'll wait until they detail some of the features before I say anything else though.

lets all not forget how DW4 has the worst nanman stage in the history of the franchise.

Oh yeah, I started at DW4, so I remember this very well.

lets all not forget how DW4 has the worst nanman stage in the history of the franchise.

Oh god yes, the duel - revive - repeat schedule of that stage is FUCKING annoying, and you need to fucking beat Meng Huo 7 fucking times to unlock Nanman Campaign. The only reason you want to play it is really just for WEXP grinding(that map is epic for WEXP - probably the only closest competition in vanilla is Campaign against Sun Jian)

If Imperial Seals isn't such a shit of a map, DW4 Nanman would take the cake for the worst map ever title and eat it. Too bad Imperial Seals took the cake, bake it, eat it, poops it, and ate the poop. Its that bad

Edited by JSND

Well, as much of a flashback that Berserk trailer gave me, I'll give it an honest assessment when I see more. It was a teaser and it did it's job fairly well since by the small scene, it means the dark tone Berserk is known for will still be there or partially shown at best.

Pretty sure it will cover the Golden Age with the Band of the Hawks and just ramp up to that scene which I still remember to this day and then probably do some other stuff if they have the time.

Well, as much of a flashback that Berserk trailer gave me, I'll give it an honest assessment when I see more. It was a teaser and it did it's job fairly well since by the small scene, it means the dark tone Berserk is known for will still be there or partially shown at best.

Pretty sure it will cover the Golden Age with the Band of the Hawks and just ramp up to that scene which I still remember to this day and then probably do some other stuff if they have the time.

I feel like it it's only golden age there won't be many characters..but if they do any other arcs, there typically won't be battles with allied troops. They'd have to mess around with the story for that.

But I really think it'd be weird if they had to make a game where the only enemy officer selection amounts to the guys around during the golden age. Most of the potential enemy officers who are threatening (Zodd, Wyald, Kushan assassins, various eclipse apostles) don't lend themselves to being injected into battles throughout the golden age. I could see Boscogn showing up in multiple battles without changing the story too much.

I feel like it it's only golden age there won't be many characters..but if they do any other arcs, there typically won't be battles with allied troops. They'd have to mess around with the story for that.

But I really think it'd be weird if they had to make a game where the only enemy officer selection amounts to the guys around during the golden age. Most of the potential enemy officers who are threatening (Zodd, Wyald, Kushan assassins, various eclipse apostles) don't lend themselves to being injected into battles throughout the golden age. I could see Boscogn showing up in multiple battles without changing the story too much.

True, but maybe the Golden Age will be the one place where you'll be with allied characters most of the time. It's still possible to cover the other arcs if they make the game like Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage where it's usually just Ken or your selected character by himself beating swaths of enemies with the occasional NPC help if I remember correctly.

Or yes they could adapt some stuff not exactly like how it went down in the manga. I can also see Boscogn showing around every odd time or so. I'll wait until gameplay to see which route they'll be focusing on. I doubt they'll be able to adapt everything anyway.

Edited by Raguna

True, but maybe the Golden Age will be the one place where you'll be with allied characters most of the time. It's still possible to cover the other arcs if they make the game like Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage where it's usually just Ken or your selected character by himself beating swaths of enemies with the occasional NPC help if I remember correctly.

Or yes they could adapt some stuff not exactly like how it went down in the manga. I can also see Boscogn showing around every odd time or so. I'll wait until gameplay to see which route they'll be focusing on. I doubt they'll be able to adapt everything anyway.

Oh OK, if they've already made a game which isn't army vs army style for the most part, I could see something similar with Berserk.

I kinda hope they do some "dark age" arcs of Berserk so I can play with Grunbeld and Locus among others.

Well just came here to do a general update of Berserk for anyone interested. I'll put a general link to the siliconera article for the first video of Guts fighting in Musou style action gameplay. I do this more since the video starts with the naked Casca teaser trailer and I'm unsure how NSFW that is in a site like this.

[spoiler=Berserk trailer link]http://www.siliconera.com/2016/06/23/berserks-first-trailer-shows-guts-swing-giant-sword-plus-details-game/

Bottom news, it seems it will be a pretty faithful representation of the Berserk manga and show with the actors of the upcoming anime reprising their respective roles for the Japanese audience. The videogame will to my astonishment start with the Golden Age Arc and cover all the way through to the Millenium Falcon Arc which would signify the game ends around with the death of Ganishka. There will be some minor alterations from other sources I've read but it seems like it won't be anything major. The style will also seem to follow that of Ken's games except possibly where you got your allies with you in Golden Age and you'll also be given the option of playing as other characters so let's see who makes the cut for playable roster.

Edited by Raguna

Literally just hearing the music from Link's Awakening and seeing the Wind Fish has made my day.

Marin looks great too, and I like seeing how she uses the Sea Lily's Bell. I was also not expecting that Linkle would get the Pegasus Boots, but honestly, I kind of like it. It's nice to have some sort of martial arts into the mix.

I had joked before that the Windfish would be her weapon, but seeing as its in her special I had to laugh that I was at least a tiny bit spot on, the bell is nice though, and utilizing her singing is what I figured they'd go for.

They probably didn't go with her harp from the concept art because we have 2 people with harps already.

• 2 weeks later...

Is anybody else having a problem downloading the Marin DLC, it says the 3DS one has been purchased, but the 3DS/Wii U one is unavailable

Is anybody else having a problem downloading the Marin DLC, it says the 3DS one has been purchased, but the 3DS/Wii U one is unavailable

If you purchased the 3ds one maybe it doesn't let you purchase the 3ds/wii u one on the 3ds and you need to purchase it on the wii u. I might not be able to help you but more context might help.

Did you update the game? Make sure you go to the e-shop and update to 1.4 if you didn't. (go to e shop, I think then you click the top left settings, or something, and as you scroll through there should be an option to view updates to games you already have)

• 2 weeks later...

We have 3 new characters for Hyrule Warriors, according to GameExplain this is highly likely due to the leaks.

Yuga, Raavio and Toon Zelda seem to be it unless this is proven false, (grain of salt but they say its likely legit)

Oh yeah, I also want to add for those with JP PSN, Eiketsuden demo is avaliable for download. (I have it on PS3, I'm not sure if the demo is available on the other consoles)

It's a bit jarring for me to get used to the controls(blame other srpgs), but the mechanics are simple enough to understand, until I get further in to make better judgement, it seems like it's going to be on the easy side.

Edited by Soledai