General Warriors Thread: Persona 5 Scramble

Jedi

You only use Huang Zhong on a horse.

Jin is basically the Sima clans usurping the Wei Kingdom and establishing their own, through use of Wei lol.

they don't even get to Jin, which is the ironic part

But Jin is still cool nonetheless

• Replies 907
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that's no Koei game tho

You're kinda right on this, but kinda not. Shu in DW7 really patches it up really nice, Wei and Wu are nearly complete, and Jin...

Well, Jin is their, "favorite" as of now. But like I said you're right, Shu has gotten the most characters tied with Wu from 7-8

It's because Samurai Warriors has 55 characters. And only 51 of them are truly fleshed out.

may i ask which of the 4 you think aren't fleshed out? i'm most likely inclined to agree ever since SW stopped sucking mitsunari's dick 24/7.

i can't say shu and wu are complete until they fix the awfully done romance of liu bei and shang xiang, which wasn't even a thing in the novel( solely political marriage) let alone in history (where they never touched, but i believe that the games should be closer to the book then history, tho i don't mind historical nods as i love that stuff)

Does anybody remember Dynasty Warriors online?

it was alright, not very good, but neat

also bow and rod a best, xiahou yuan a best koei husbando, fite me.

Edited by HF Makalov Fanboy Kai

Like Gracia?

But see, I just give everyone the Bow&Rod and clean up every battlefield

Well, Gracia is only useable until SW2XL because of that stupidly funny glitch that can one shot even Orochi X

After that, she's completely useless.

muh Throwing Axes though

There's a new Warriors series that I've been sinking my time into lately, Dragon Quest Heroes for PS4. It adds some fresh new RPG elements that keeps every battle from being stale. I'd recommended it to any who enjoys the series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gIiaLutHt4

By the way the player in the video is Japanese and is not the best with English.

Edited by Silver Ninja

may i ask which of the 4 you think aren't fleshed out? i'm most likely inclined to agree ever since SW stopped sucking mitsunari's dick 24/7.

i can't say shu and wu are complete until they fix the awfully done romance of liu bei and shang xiang, which wasn't even a thing in the novel( solely political marriage) let alone in history (where they never touched, but i believe that the games should be closer to the book then history, tho i don't mind historical nods as i love that stuff)

it was alright, not very good, but neat

also bow and rod a best, xiahou yuan a best koei husbando, fite me.

Kojiro Sasaki, Goemon Ishikawa, Musashi Miyamoto and Okuni

their historical marriage is terrible, but I agree though. Shu's morals now is more focused on the "Next Generation BENEVOLENCE" then what it was before

omg bruh

also bow and rod a best

Yesss

Well, Gracia is only useable until SW2XL because of that stupidly funny glitch that can one shot even Orochi X

After that, she's completely useless.

muh Throwing Axes though

Kinda, she was introduced in SW2XL, where players had to learn that she was horse-locked because using her on ground was asinine.

Striking Sword too, to an extent.

There's a new Warriors series that I've been sinking my time into lately, Dragon Quest Heroes for PS4. It adds some fresh and new RPG elements that keep everything so fun. I'd recommended to any who enjoy the series.

By the way the player in the video is Japanese and is not the best with English.

Want to play it, but no PS4

I dunno if you can count that as a Warriors, but I'm being picky, it's more like Zill O'll than Warriors, but again, I'm being picky

such good taste in this thread.

also those characters you listed actually do get some fleshing out in samurai warriors Chronicles 3, not as much as more important people, but its actually something beyond the surface

I'm aware, they're fleshed out in 4 as well. Mind, that's non story mode, but regardless.

SWC3 to me is a game for those who've completed 4 and want Hypotheticals, but also for people who don't want to play multiple stories, like 4.

But I'm saying they're not as fleshed out as say, Hanbei, Takakage or Takatora

I use those last two as an example because their main debut was 4.(To Musashi and Okuni's credit, they do appear in SW4 story, but its really minor.)

I'm curious, how difficult are other warrior games when compared to HW? HW seems much easier since captains have a weak point gauge.

In general, I believe its the same difficulty as the others.

As far as Orochi, Samurai and Dynasty stand here are the differences

Dynasty: Simple Hack and Slash with semi okay difficulty. If you want a decent story for the Three Kingdoms with a good difficulties, then go for it.

Samurai: See above, but only Warring States, Nobunaga, and really hard objectives. Also, kickass music.

Orochi: You need to play both above, or so help you god.

Edited by Crystalfrost Winter

So what do you all think of those people that dismiss these games as mash square and win? :^)

Not at the fact that it probably is, but that it is bad because of that.

Then again, I've been a fan of hack n' slash games for the longest time so that's nothing new to me.

Edited by Tryhard

So what do you all think of those people that dismiss these games as mash square and win? :^)

It being repetitive is one thing, but bad? Nah. Warrior games are like junk food, simple and fun with a bit of depth in the flavor.

Edited by Silver Ninja

It's more than that, you gotta use the Triangle and Circle buttons to win :^)

Real Talk: You need an actual experience from playing the games(to those who claim pressing one button and winning), because mashing the square button can lead to death,

A lot.

I'm hope FE gets a warrior style game. It seems too obvious to not make one.

indeed

Then again, I've been a fan of hack n' slash games for the longest time so that's nothing new to me.

i'd like them to 100% the objective's in samurai warriors

as terms of difficulty, it depends on the game, but samurai warriors are typically harder then dynasty warriors, orochi warriors is unforgiving until you learn how to break the game.

I don't they're bad because of that, I believe it's just simply the ignorance of the ones who judge on appearances.

Same.

It's more than that, you gotta use the Triangle and Circle buttons to win :^)

Real Talk: You need an actual experience from playing the games(to those who claim pressing one button and winning), because mashing the square button can lead to death,

A lot.

Except in DW6, but that's neither here nor there, lmao.

I'm hope FE gets a warrior style game. It seems too obvious to not make one.

I've been saying this for so long, so I know the feel

Warriors Orochi is downright unforgiving once you beat Orochi X in 3U

Also, fake difficulty through that in too.

Let's not mention Chaos Mode can have a mook kill you in four hits. Also musous in that game are balanced

(Not really)

I've started pretty late with the warriors series. My first game was Samurai warriors 3 and I gave that game up pretty early. I remember a lot of babysitting allied generals which got annoying real fast. My breaking point was in Kenshin's story where no officer was allowed to die and one kicked the bucket right when I was delivering the final beatings on Nobunaga.

I gave the series another go with Samurai warriors chronicles for the 3ds and thats when I became a fan. It had a more structured story and the switching between characters made it more easy to get into for a newcomer. The events also kept me playing for longer then I thought.

After that I went into the dynasty series and they where fine, but they never stuck that well with me. 7 had their cloned movesets and I just felt the not important characters where a lot less well defined.

Orochi's 3 and Hyrule warriors where awesome too.

As far as favourite characters go I like Ieyasu a lot when it comes to the story, although i'm appearantly in the minority on that one. For gameplay Hanbei's my favorite

Edited by Sasori

Ironically, the only Warriors games I've played are spin-offs: Hyrule Warriors and Dragon Quest Heroes (don't play DQ games, don't play Warriors games...but I play Dragon Quest Heroes!). I like them both, though, so I can see myself trying out some Dynasty/Samurai Warriors games eventually.

I've started pretty late with the warriors series. My first game was Samurai warriors 3 and I gave that game up pretty early. I remember a lot of babysitting allied generals which got annoying real fast. My breaking point was in Kenshin's story where no officer was allowed to die and one kicked the bucket right when I was delivering the final beatings on Nobunaga.

I gave the series another go with Samurai warriors chronicles for the 3ds and thats when I became a fan. It had a more structured story and the switching between characters made it more easy to get into for a newcomer. The events also kept me playing for longer then I thought.

After that I went into the dynasty series and they where fine, but they never stuck that well with me. 7 had their cloned movesets and I just felt the not important characters where a lot less well defined.

Orochi's 3 and Hyrule warriors where awesome too.

As far as favourite characters go I like Ieyasu a lot when it comes to the story, although i'm appearantly in the minority on that one. For gameplay Hanbei's my favorite

yeah samurai warriors 3 has tons of problems, the biggest one being that ally Ai literally doesn't exist (compared to other games, where alled AI existed based on moral, or they at least could defend themselves) chronicles is a great title.

your not alone on Ieyasu, he's a minority in terms of fans but they do exist, more so now that they've finally stopped making mitsunari vs ieyasu so black and white.

Ieyasu is..

I consider him a stronger, less nicer version of Liu Bei, with a more terrible weapon. Also Tadakatsu as well, but regardless

I'm one of those people who have no opinion on the third unifier of Japan, and prefer Nobunaga and Hideyoshi to Ieyasu.

Occasionally. Usually when I'm near them I'll help them.

In Samurai Warriors 3, excluding the 'protect x person' missions(Because you'd probably have to), I tend to heal my npcs if I have spare healing items.