General Warriors Thread: Persona 5 Scramble

Jedi

Now the big question to be asked is whether or not we'll be seeing Ganondorf and his epic mane as a guest character if Orochi 4 gets released on the Switch. 

1 hour ago, Sire said:

I enjoyed my time with 3 and with Chronicles

Ah, SW chronicles. Its so weird how such an obvious side game turned out to be one of the best Warriors games out there. The gameplay was brilliantly expanded through the morale zone and personal skills and storywise it really set the bar for previously neglected characters like Noh, Ranmaru and Hanbei while my personal favorite Kanbei got plenty of attention too. 

• Replies 907
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm very pleased by the Orochi 4 news, even more so that it seems to be based on DW8 and SW4, which is probably the 2nd best duo of DW & SW games to be featured in an Orochi game (DW5 and SW2 being the first).

15 hours ago, Jedi said:

I'm very pleased by the Orochi 4 news, even more so that it seems to be based on DW8 and SW4, which is probably the 2nd best duo of DW & SW games to be featured in an Orochi game (DW5 and SW2 being the first).

People have drawn comparisons to the similarity of the situations, thinking that WO4 was a planned back-up/stall game in case DW9 didn't go over well.

And then there are those who are just sick of DW8 after 5 years already.

I'm just glad that I'm not as exposed to the DW8 versions and haven't touched an SW game yet, meaning 4 will be pretty fresh to me.

12 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

People have drawn comparisons to the similarity of the situations, thinking that WO4 was a planned back-up/stall game in case DW9 didn't go over well.

I'm just glad that I'm not as exposed to the DW8 versions and haven't touched an SW game yet, meaning 4 will be pretty fresh to me.

I can get where they're coming from but 8 is sooooooooo goooooooooooooooood.

2 hours ago, The DanMan said:

Isn't DW9 riddled with clones? They might wanted to have avoided this and thus reverted back to the game where everyone was unique. And I haven't played DW9, but is significantly different from how SW4 (which I assume plays just like SW3/C barring these Hyper Attack I hear about) play? That could be a factor.

I'm just hoping no WO4-Hyper-Ultimate triple buy thing. Just patch and DLC if you want to add/tweak stuff. 

The hinting at Greco-Roman mythology (well Da Ji and her serpentine master have been beaten thrice over at this point and neither is particularly great as a villain), should add some variety. And possibly some new Mystic characters, and I don't mind some OCs. I liked Susano-o, Abe no Seimei and Shennong. Will all the old Mystics be returning though? And although he not be of myth but of reality, could Alexander the Great get in? SW and DW love their conquerors and conquest, might as well include one of the world's finest given the remote chance. Call him a Greco-Roman Sun Ce?

On 3/19/2018 at 1:55 PM, Etrurian emperor said:

Now the big question to be asked is whether or not we'll be seeing Ganondorf and his epic mane as a guest character if Orochi 4 gets released on the Switch. 

He has a personality, unlike Link, but what is to deny say Lana, Linkle or Cia makes it in over Maneondorf? Gdorf without Link or Zelda would be a little off, one of the HW OCs would make a little more sense. I'd go for Volga, but Cia would work as well (she can fetishize over Zhao Yun, Yukimura, Muneshige or even Xingcai (Sword & Shield combo like Link). Just not Lana please.

Tbh, I would want to see an FE character if WO ends up on Switch... *tossed out of thread*

Okay, let's see here: WO4 using the DW8/SW4 models, expected. Kinda wondering what they'll do with Godspeed or whatever it's called in English, or will they just leave SW characters with the goodies again... and I'm pretty interested in seeing the plot, considering... well.. you know.

Also, I'm pretty confident that DW9's movesets, if you're feeling generous, had no factor in WO4's use of the DW8/SW4 model. You could argue that it's because Samurai Warriors has no "equivalent" to DW9, presently.

Oh, a new Warriors Orochi game?

I've been wanting to try one of those out (as interested as I am with crossovers in general), but haven't really gotten the chance. Don't mind not starting with the first one if I can more easily get any of the sequels, even.

1 hour ago, Soledai said:

Tbh, I would want to see an FE character if WO ends up on Switch... *tossed out of thread*

Okay, let's see here: WO4 using the DW8/SW4 models, expected. Kinda wondering what they'll do with Godspeed or whatever it's called in English, or will they just leave SW characters with the goodies again... and I'm pretty interested in seeing the plot, considering... well.. you know.

Also, I'm pretty confident that DW9's movesets, if you're feeling generous, had no factor in WO4's use of the DW8/SW4 model. You could argue that it's because Samurai Warriors has no "equivalent" to DW9, presently.

Hey I agree

I'm just wondering what kind of insanity will come along this time and if they'll do split stories again or one huge one again, I really liked WO1's structure to the point where I'd love to see it again.

• 1 month later...

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2018/05/09/warriors-orochi-4-olympians-added-as-new-playable-characters/

Details. 
170 characters total, with 5 new Olympians. Here's the screen of all the other characters:

zivzv6B.png

No DW9,  but behind Shuten-Douji's prayer beads... oh hi, Diamondback.

The Deification system is what has my eye: 

Dcqbc0uU0AEoCvN_thumb.png 

Only a few characters who are important to the story will get this after a certain point is passed and certain conditions are met.
Inb4 it's just the popular characters like Xiahou Dun, Wang Yuanji, Zhou Tai, Mitsunari, and Yoshitsugu

I wonder which Olympians will get added alongside Zeus. Apollo's probably a given since he supposedly was the biggest prettyboy of them all which ensures his inclusion in a Koei Game. Athena is one of the more iconic gods so I'd give her a fair shot. 

4 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I wonder which Olympians will get added alongside Zeus. Apollo's probably a given since he supposedly was the biggest prettyboy of them all which ensures his inclusion in a Koei Game. Athena is one of the more iconic gods so I'd give her a fair shot. 

Screens show an ocean-y stage, so Poseidon is probably a lock. And Aphrodite, because fanservice.

I've heard good things about the Warriors Orochi series, so I think I'll pick up 4 when it comes out as my first non-Nintendo Warriors game. I'll be keeping an eye on the news.

That's a lot of fucking characters.

4 hours ago, Florete said:

I've heard good things about the Warriors Orochi series, so I think I'll pick up 4 when it comes out as my first non-Nintendo Warriors game. I'll be keeping an eye on the news.

That's a lot of fucking characters.

And they pretty much all have unique movesets, its kinda why i'm spoiled from DW8, SW4 and such when it comes to the Nintendo Musous, due to them having to build their rosters from scratch haha.

Welp, time to put Warriors Orochi 4 on my wishlist for the Nintendo Switch.

I just remember I ended up loving Pang De in Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper, even though I have not played any of the Dynasty Warrior games. I found his moveset to be rather enjoyable and he ended up being my highest level character when I played WO3H regularly.

http://www.koeitecmoamerica.com/wo4/

Official site has gone up.
So, eight "bracelets"... are those directly related to the Deification feature?

If so, then I could see them being evenly distributed. Basically:
>Wei
>Wu
>Shu (Zhao Yun)
>Jin
>Other
>Western Army (Yukimura Sanada)
>Eastern Army 
>Nobunaga's forces

This could also lead to the return of individual faction storylines (that likely meet up at a certain point).

Pure speculation on my part, of course.

They're somehow bringing back Orochi and Da Ji despite Zeus taking the main villain spot? I could see Zeus trying to "get his way" with Da Ji, he had a tendency of doing that in myth after all. Da Ji would insist "You're not my type, get away!" and cling to her beloved Orochi though.

For the Olympians, Athena is the goddess of War and Wisdom- how can she not be a Musou character? And unlike Ares, she is prominent in the Greek version of Greco-Roman myth. I'd think they could place her in the tactician clique to emphasize her wisdom. 

Only 5 Olympians sounds crazy small when the gods, goddesses, demigods and some creatures like Medusa are a treasure trove of potential additions. Could we later have a Warriors Zeusochi 2 to fill in what we lack? Make Hades the villain, or the titans? Then again, the Chinese and Japanese Mystics lack every major/fun member they could've had, so we'll probably have to settle with less. Although they could bring Achilles a friend or foe of the 7 other PCs from Warriors: Legends of Troy. 

On 5/9/2018 at 1:26 PM, Etrurian emperor said:

There's more news on Orochi. Apparently its a direct sequel of the last game. The cast went back home again and had their memories wiped but a new villain brought their words together once more.

I hope this doesn't mean they'll be lazy with the character interactions and just rehash what past games have done. But with a 170 plus cast, they'll have to be lazy in some way. Not like anyone will be playing this for the story or character development.

But I do hope that sparks will fly between Zeus the God of Thunder and Susano-o the God of Storms. Maybe Poseidon too, Susano-o does make it rain during one of his attacks.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

They could rehash WO1 and I'd be okay with the laziness, that was a pretty great first game, in my imo opinion, imo

Anyway, I'm interested in seeing how the Olympians will play, since I'm already quite familiar with the everyone else. Also, I keep picturing GoW Zeus whenever I see "Zeus", Blade of Olympus and Sword of Zeus pls. The only other thing I'm curious at is if we'll have anything tedious like proficiency grinding and whatnot. While the tedium of that by itself wasn't horrible, but imagining the tedium of that, for 170 characters, is a bit nasty sounding, even for me.

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Etheus said:

Very excited for the game. I'll be picking up the Switch version.

Hopefully it runs well, KT ports to the Switch haven't been too great so far.

1 hour ago, Etheus said:

Which games in particular are performing poorly? Thus far, the only KT games I own on Switch are FEW and HW Definitive Edition. 

Nights of Azure 2 has some  frame issues, and i've heard things about their currently Japanese only Warriors ports to the Switch, nothing super big but frame drops can mean alot for people.