General Warriors Thread: Persona 5 Scramble

Jedi

Well, you know how it goes, simple's best

I actually said that about the generic sword in DW7. I could not find a better weapon in that game, and I tried them all

In 8 though, I gotta hand it to the Flame Blade, though not exactly simple, it's kind of OP. And since it's a Shadow Sprint weapon, that just broke it entirely if you ask me: C1(for the flames) > C6 > sprint > C6 > sprint > you get the idea. This also works with the C5 to an extent.

Non-DLC/Empires would be the Bow & Rod, but I've mentioned that earlier.

• Replies 907
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gan Ning's Masanori to Lu Meng's Kiyomasa

I don't think KOEI hated Gan Ning the same way they hated Masanori though

And no DW-SW comparison could be complete without Oda -Cao Cao, although i don't know enough of the Japanese side of the story to know if Oda was as overpowered as Cao Cao was during their time period

"Well, you know how it goes, simple's best"

Can't agree more. Although sometimes KOEI went full retard on simple, but effective movesets. Orochi was probably the biggest offender. His ENTIRE moveset is complete garbage except for his Aerial normal attack and C1-1. Seriously if that C1-1 is not as potent as it is, you'd wonder what is so good about Orochi

DW5 movesets also looks really neat because its just so simple. No big explosions, just people punching things and its awesome

Edited by JSND

I don't think KOEI hated Gan Ning the same way they hated Masanori though

And no DW-SW comparison could be complete without Oda -Cao Cao, although i don't know enough of the Japanese side of the story to know if Oda was as overpowered as Cao Cao was during their time period

"Well, you know how it goes, simple's best"

Can't agree more. Although sometimes KOEI went full retard on simple, but effective movesets. Orochi was probably the biggest offender. His ENTIRE moveset is complete garbage except for his Aerial normal attack and C1-1. Seriously if that C1-1 is not as potent as it is, you'd wonder what is so good about Orochi

DW5 movesets also looks really neat because its just so simple. No big explosions, just people punching things and its awesome

Nobunaga was the first unifier of Japan, and almost had Japan in the palm of his hand, because all he had left was the Mōri, Kyushu, and the eastern part of Japan left. If the Mōri lost to Hideyoshi, he could've gone to Kyushu and taken it from the Shimazu, rendering the eastern forces by themselves. Without Shingen and Kenshin, the east couldn't have lasted long against the Oda

But it all changed until Mitsuhide betrayed Nobunaga at Honno-ji, and plunged the world back into chaos

So in my opinion, Nobunaga>Cao Cao, though they're both based from the same character scheme, the former is just more of a ruthless ruler than Cao Cao

Ahh I forgot to reply to that.

To put it one way, until Honno-ji happened, Nobunaga was virtually unstoppable.

Nobunaga was the first unifier of Japan, and almost had Japan in the palm of his hand, because all he had left was the Mōri, Kyushu, and the eastern part of Japan left. If the Mōri lost to Hideyoshi, he could've gone to Kyushu and taken it from the Shimazu, rendering the eastern forces by themselves. Without Shingen and Kenshin, the east couldn't have lasted long against the Oda
But it all changed until Mitsuhide betrayed Nobunaga at Honno-ji, and plunged the world back into chaos
So in my opinion, Nobunaga>Cao Cao, though they're both based from the same character scheme, the former is just more of a ruthless ruler than Cao Cao

Also, do note that Nobunaga was indeed marching on the west, that was why he sent Hideyoshi to battle the Mori.

iirc he was on his way to join Hideyoshi and they stopped at Honno-ji temple, then all hell(literally if you want) broke loose. But yeah

I agree about Orochi, I did like his musou attack though, but it just didn't compare to his C1-1. His musou had the flaw of not being mobile in any way whatsoever.

True, I personally think DW5 was when they were at their, Pre-8, best in terms of certain movesets. I mean, I mentioned before, Guan Ping was actually one of the good characters, hell I got 10000 KOs(the counter stops at 9999) with him at the Yellow Turban Rebellion, and Ling Tong's C4? It was fast and strong, procs elements, and had low recovery time.

Interesting thing with Nobunaga, he was one of the only Japanese rulers at the time who didn't persecute Christians, he did have a motive for that, his trade. But its still notable, Date was more noble about that, but I still always found it neat (I'm Christian)

Also speaking of Simple move sets, man Sun Ce, his old Tonfa style was amazing, I still miss it. I do kinda like his newer one but it doesn't compare.

Although I will never go back to pre-6 Zhuge Liang

Zhou Yu I love both his Ancient Sword and Bo Staff styles (THE FIRES OF HELL SHALL ENGULF YOU)

I do like how unique all the move sets feel in 8 though even if a few are a tad unintuitive.

Edited by Jedi

I think in every DW game, I've been unable to play Zhuge Liang in favor of Sima Yi, with the exception of 7, because Fans were universally bad in that one.

In Pre-6 DWs, Sima Yi had the better charges and the much better musou. Homing Lasers > straight lasers

And I agree with Sun Ce back then, he was too good back then. But I dunno, I don't really like the new one too much.

Koei should bring back the Ancient Sword for Zhou Yu and never look back. Someone else can have the Bo Staff

I agree here too, but I can't help but feel Zhong Hui and Deng Ai's weapons got nerfed a bit from 7 to 8, with element procs being nerfed and all that, but I'm being very picky.

That's why if an FE musou were to be an actual thing, the very last thing I'd be worried about is clone characters.

Yeah it was a Buddhist sect that were very Anti-Nobunaga. Iirc

i believe due to Buddhist being the main religion of the country, they held alot of political power, i don't think nobunaga could've been allowed the reign he had if he didn't raze the place.

also little note here, Mitsuhide was apparently a Buddhist, which is amusing because his daughter would later be christian.

i believe due to Buddhist being the main religion of the country, they held alot of political power, i don't think nobunaga could've been allowed the reign he had if he didn't raze the place.

also little note here, Mitsuhide was apparently a Buddhist, which is amusing because his daughter would later be christian.

Yeah, and I believe this was the moment that Mitsuhide had his second thoughts?

I forget the exacts ^^;

Zhuge Liang is only awesome at DW5 in old era, even then he's still awkward to use since his entire move have weird coverage

His Musou is about the best in the game though lol. Its actually hilarious how in DW5 and 4, the strongest Musous are ones that did not juggle the enemies due to juggle decay mechanics. This not only made guys like Sun Jian and Cao Ren had an extremely overpowered Musou, it also means True Musou is worse than Standard Musou if they turned it into a juggling moves. Zhuge Liang laughs at this rule simply because his Musou is even more overpowered, While Lu Bu laughs at this rule because he fills ridiculously fast anyway that he's able to use long musou to one shot officer

Although iirc dw4xl zhuge liang was good, but dw4 is a ridiculous game anyway. Peons surviving C3 just in't fun

I personally find Zhuge Liang near unplayable outside of his Musou in the games before 6, where he actually got a good moveset imo, 7 and 8 just made it more mystical and it works.

Edited by Jedi

Oh man, Zhuge Liang. I really don't like the way he's portrayed.

Yes, genius, Zhuge Liang, it was all part of your plan to get yourself defeated. Brilliant strategist indeed. He also likes to spurn talk of Shu into 'benevolence' one-dimensionalism which just drives me insane. I really don't remember him being like that in the older games. I dunno, his apparent pretentiousness annoys me more than the other strategists.

That's pretty much why I don't like him or Jiang Wei.

Edited by Tryhard

I forget the exacts ^^;

its hard to pinpoint where exactly, but i think this was at least one of the factors into his betrayal, he must've been really dedicated to his faith.

Oh man, Zhuge Liang. I really don't like the way he's portrayed.

Yes, genius, Zhuge Liang, it was all part of your plan to get yourself defeated. Brilliant strategist indeed. He also likes to spurn talk of Shu into 'benevolence' one-dimensionalism which just drives me insane. I really don't remember him being like that in the older games. I dunno, his apparent pretentiousness annoys me more than the other strategists.

That's pretty much why I don't like him or Jiang Wei.

in shu's hypothetical in 8 he's alot more down to earth, and i like down to earth zhuge, like in the three kingdoms 2010 TV show, but mystical god zhuge i can't really sympathize with, which is his current character.

i don't think Jiang Wei is designed with being likeable in mind anymore, but i think his character is fantastic for what it sets out to do.

I forget the exacts ^^;

Nobunaga killed some enemies after mitsuhide had gotten them to surrender in exchange for promising no harm would come to them. Then, other members of the clan killed his mother as vengeance. That is the reason I've seen for his betrayal.

Zhuge Liang is only awesome at DW5 in old era, even then he's still awkward to use since his entire move have weird coverage

His Musou is about the best in the game though lol. Its actually hilarious how in DW5 and 4, the strongest Musous are ones that did not juggle the enemies due to juggle decay mechanics. This not only made guys like Sun Jian and Cao Ren had an extremely overpowered Musou, it also means True Musou is worse than Standard Musou if they turned it into a juggling moves. Zhuge Liang laughs at this rule simply because his Musou is even more overpowered, While Lu Bu laughs at this rule because he fills ridiculously fast anyway that he's able to use long musou to one shot officer

Although iirc dw4xl zhuge liang was good, but dw4 is a ridiculous game anyway. Peons surviving C3 just in't fun

I went back and played DW4XL and I made note of that; juggling enemies is not proficient at all, and only really useful if you're trying to hold the fire element, and even then, wouldn't be able to for very long, like in true musous for example. I did like Zhuge Liang's musou for what it was though, but I still preferred Sima Yi's over it, even if Sima Yi's lasers had this weird thing where all the lasers wouldn't home in on an enemy.

Nobunaga killed some enemies after mitsuhide had gotten them to surrender in exchange for promising no harm would come to them. Then, other members of the clan killed his mother as vengeance. That is the reason I've seen for his betrayal.

This is one of the things I've learned about that too.

However, I don't discredit him from wanting some kind of power though; after all, he did name himself Shogun after the fact, and claimed lineage to the Minamoto and another clan.

However, I don't discredit him from wanting some kind of power though; after all, he did name himself Shogun after the fact, and claimed lineage to the Minamoto and another clan.

Ya, you are absolutely right about that! Didn't go so well for him though :(

Off topic but, weren't previous warrior games known for having terrible dubed voices? Is this HW had no voiced dialogue?

Only Dynasty Warriors 1~5 had terrible VA. Samurai Warriors and the current Dynasty Warriors games have really good VA's

But Japanese>English for musous

Off topic but, weren't previous warrior games known for having terrible dubed voices? Is this HW had no voiced dialogue?

Only Dynasty Warriors 1~5 had terrible VA. Samurai Warriors and the current Dynasty Warriors games have really good VA's

But Japanese>English for musous

Also mispronounced names, so we got Cow Cow and Cow Pee. Edited by Blackzero