General Warriors Thread: Persona 5 Scramble

Jedi

Off topic but, weren't previous warrior games known for having terrible dubed voices? Is this HW had no voiced dialogue?

I doubt it, to be perfectly honest.

Besides grunts and the like, is there any voice acting in Zelda games? If not, I believe that's what they were going for

(We're not counting lol Navi or Midna)

• Replies 907
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Off topic but, weren't previous warrior games known for having terrible dubed voices? Is this HW had no voiced dialogue?

It's because its Zelda tradition to be stuck in the 80's/90's in terms of VAing.

The games I have played are WO1, WO2, DW7 and DW8. They were fun but it's getting boring. I hope they add something new in the next games. Looking at the butt of female characters are fun but it's not enough.

Nobunaga burned down Buddhist temples (and everyone inside, included women and children). He arranged a religious debate between the Christian priests he hosted and Buddhist monks and the Christian priests totally destroyed the Buddhist monks. There were more than one reason why Akechi (a devoted follower of Buddhism) decided to off Nobunaga.

I once read a topic complaining why Honda Tadakatsu is stronger than Lu Bu. It's hilarious because everyone totally dig in the fantasy Lu Bu and ignore the more believable historical Honda.

Edited by Magical CC

To be fair historical Lu Bu is not any special

The strongest person in 3 Kingdoms is perhaps Cao Ren, or Zhang Liao anyway, and Liao/Ren is just unreal

I'd argue Zhang Fei for outright powerful, from the descriptions we're given from history and such, he was a beast of a man.

Ren and Liao as well of course, and then there was Gan Ning.

In history?

That's ridiculous.

Sun Quan buried his body in Wu instead of returning it to Shu. Cao Cao buried his head in Wei. While there was no corpse to bury, Liu Bei did build a tomb for him in Shu. Then the people in his homeland built another one. All of them are considered to be his legit tombs.

Edited by Magical CC

Tadakatsu is better than Lu Bu

I used to think the opposite, but historical records beat myths.

I agree with this as well. To me Tadakatus really came across as a "man of peerless Might." A loyal, though and proffesional soldier.

Meanwhile I've never been able to take Lu Bu seriously again after Warrior Orochi 3. I thought he was somewhat of a loser with him constantly screaming "NEZHA" and then being effortly trashed. It was propbably meant to set Nehza up as a powerfull opponent, but I was just smiling at how much of a fool Lu Bu looked. I'm also not very fond of the arrogant brute types either.

Edited by Sasori

I agree with this as well. To me Tadakatus really came across as a "man of peerless Might." A loyal, though and proffesional soldier.

Meanwhile I've never been able to take Lu Bu seriously again after Warrior Orochi 3. I thought he was somewhat of a loser with him constantly screaming "NEZHA" and then being effortly trashed. It was propbably meant to set Nehza up as a powerfull opponent, but I was just smiling at how much of a fool Lu Bu looked. I'm also not very fond of the arrogant brute types either.

I AM A MAN OF PEERLESS MIGHT

Nehza is a robot human zombie mystic ninja pirate, and to Lu Bu's credit, he defeated Achilles, who was known for his godly power in his time too. And for arrogant brutes, Lu Bu does get over this in DW8XL for his hypothetical, but that's all I really like about him in that department

6 also touches upon this a bit too.

I do agree with people like Zhang Fei, Zhang Liao, and Cao Ren being the more noteworthy warriors of that time.

Also, there's a reason why people compare Keiji and Lu Bu instead of Tadakatsu and Lu Bu

The thing I find funny about Lu Bu being a brute is that it's somewhat inaccurate, he was supposedly more intelligent in history.

And yeah, DW8XL did show a bit of this.

Sun Quan buried his body in Wu instead of returning it to Shu. Cao Cao buried his head in Wei. While there was no corpse to bury, Liu Bei did build a tomb for him in Shu. Then the people in his homeland built another one. All of them are considered to be his legit tombs.

Interesting, I had no idea about this, this is neat.

I think Lu Bu is historically pretty strong, considering he manage to be an issue for Cao Cao, and being trusted by Dong Zhuo to watch his back is something, considering that Dong Zhuo is a really good at assessing a person worth.

Not sure how competent he is at commanding. Lu Bu is probably mostly known for having "defecting" as his day to day job lol

That said theres a lot of strong warriors, but I think its safe to say that being strong warriors and a good commander is pretty rare. For example DW version of Guan Yu/Zhang Fei who outright make them "gods" still retained this side of them, and theres legitimately strong guys like Dian Wei/Xu Zhu who isn't exactly known for being a good commander.

Edited by JSND

Lu Bu was strong, but not a good leader or tactician. He wasn't unintelligent, but he was temperamental and brash, and the games do portray that.

Chen Shou, who wrote Lü Bu's biography in the Sanguozhi, commented:
Lü Bu possessed the might of a tiger, but he lacked the planning skills of a talented person. He was frivolous and temperamental, and was only concerned about the gains he could make. Throughout history, there had never been such persons like him who did not end up being destroyed.[sanguozhi 27]
In the main text of Lü Bu's biography, while describing the events of the Battle of Xiapi, Chen Shou also wrote:
Although Lü Bu was a valiant and powerful warrior, he lacked wisdom and was constantly suspicious of others. He was unable to control his subordinates even though he trusted them. His men had their personal motives and were very disunited, which was why he kept losing battles.[sanguozhi 28]
Fan Ye, who wrote Lü Bu's biography in the Houhanshu, commented:
[...] Lü Bu was erratic and capricious.[Houhanshu 20]
Although Lü Bu is described in historical and fictional sources as an exceptionally mighty warrior, he was also notorious for his temperamental behaviour. He switched allegiances erratically and freely betrayed his allies, and had been noted for his poor planning and management skills. He was constantly suspicious of others and could not control his subordinates. All these factors ultimately led to his downfall. In Luo Guanzhong's historical novel Romance of the Three Kingdoms, the details of his life were further dramatised and some fictitious elements – including his romance with the fictional maiden Diaochan – were included to portray him as a nearly unchallenged warrior who was also a ruthless and impulsive person bereft of morals and ethics.
Edited by Tryhard

As someone who's completed 8XL complete, it's a pretty flawless game

That said, flawless(story and what not) doesn't mean perfect. They're some weapons I despise

Likeeeeeee Xiahou Ba's new weapon

Or Deng Ai's old one

Not sure if I'm interested in 8, but I do wanna know: does XL on steam include most or all of the features of the original DW8 along with the XL content? I do know it only has the PS3 graphics, not the PS4 graphics.

It has both XL and Regular.

Xiahou Ba just needs velocity, thunder, slash, flash, and cyclone. Mainly velocity and thunder/slash

Then just spam his C4 all day, occasionally using his C1 to speed up.

Alternative: Induction, flash, velocity, and whatever else, and just C1 everything forever.

I personally find the Siege Spear to be a pretty okay weapon

Edited by Soledai

Changing the subject, I don't think I can look at anything resembling "Nanman" the same way ever again. God forbid Naan bread.

495.jpg

Totally relevant, also I enjoyed the Southern Campaigns in the RTK novel, not so much in the RTK games, because its difficult to even invade due to the landscape, great to start from though.

495.jpg

(Too bad that card has a white border and not a black one. Would've loved to use him in my mono-green deck.)

The DW4 Nanman was the WORST. It's been repeated way too much, but it's repeated FOR GOOD REASON.

I wasn't too fond of any other interpretation of Nanman either.

Speaking of the Southern Campaigns, and also Zhuge Liang, wasn't the myth of Meng Huo's capture 7 times a tall tale?

Did Meng Huo even exist?