Offering free hacking services!

RandomSwordmaster

Seeing as I have a lot of extra time on my hands, and I'm itching to do some more FE hacking, I've decided to start this up.

Now, before you go "OMG I DON'T WANT TO READ ALL OF THIS", you can read this instead to get the gist of it!

tl;dr

I can do FE hacking for you if the hack in question is less than 3 chapters and in FE7.

If you wanted to make a FE hack, but couldn't, due to lack of time, or inability to learn how to, I'm here to do it for you, all for free! (plus I need something to do in CS class when I finish the week's work in 1 day)

HOWEVER, there are rules.

1. The hacks must be short (1-2 chapters, maybe 3 if each chapter is short), that and everybody can get a chance.

2. They don't necessarily have to be story-driven, they might revolve around some fun/specific mechanic, a la Ragefest.

3. I can't make mugs or animations for the life of me, any that aren't in the game already must be provided(or linked to).

4. Nothing incredibly advanced that requires epic ASM skills (such as custom skills for units)

5. No FE8 hacks (I've tried once and I failed miserably, not touching it again)

6. 1 hack per person (so everybody gets a fair chance)

7. Ideas need to have some detail, nothing like "make me an awesome hack", give me details like if you want the story, what it is, perhaps a script if you have one, character info, classes, weapons, etc.

Nondetailed posts will be rejected, or deferred until detail is given.​

If you are going to send me an idea, here are the things I need:

Characters, their names, classes (and what kinds weapons they use if you are changing weapon usage), (and if possible, stats and growth rates, levels, and weapon changes).

A script (if you want a story in there).

General map design (specific = better)

Enemies, and their weapons (if possible, levels and stats as well).

Any weapons you want to add in, (and if possible, stats).

Any special events you want to happen (how will it work, what will happen).

Optional:

Mugs, animations, map sprites, weapon icons. (if you want to put those in)

Things I cannot do:

Any game that isn't FE7. (I can do reskins of FE8, but that's the only exception)

Doing all the creative process for you. This is not a make FE hack with zero work button. ok it kind of is but you need to come up with things first, I can't do ALL the work.

Ongoing hacks and progress will be displayed here:

N/A

Pending requests will be displayed here:

N/A

Completed requests will be linked and displayed here:

The Survivors - Willie (I PROMISE IT WONT TAKE ALMOST A YEAR NEXT TIME)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0mdmzyj30p7mrls/The%20Survivors%20vFinal.ups?dl=0​

To make a request, you can write out your idea in a reply, or send me a PM.

Please note that I am not an advanced hacker, and quality is not guaranteed (though I will try).

to mods: if this is the wrong place, please move it to the appropriate location, wasn't sure where to put it.

Edited by RandomSwordmaster

WOW!

This is really cool! Thanks for taking your time to do this!

I'll be PM'ing you shortly...

I can only really work on hacks for about an hour, maybe an hour and a half if I have no homework each weekday so dev progress might be slow. Just letting you know ahead of time.

I can only really work on hacks for about an hour, maybe an hour and a half if I have no homework each weekday so dev progress might be slow. Just letting you know ahead of time.

That's okay, at least you're helping!

• 2 weeks later...

you may actually want to change the title to something more specific like

"Offering my hacking services"

"I'll hack for you for free"

concept hackers may be looking at your title and are thinking like "oh he's just requesting hacks" or something. Because that's what I thought you were doing lol.

and maybe put a TL;DR at the top/bottom saying "I'll hack for your project if its small and from fe7"

Edited by Ghastly

you may actually want to change the title to something more specific like

"Offering my hacking services"

"I'll hack for you for free"

concept hackers may be looking at your title and are thinking like "oh he's just requesting hacks" or something. Because that's what I thought you were doing lol.

and maybe put a TL;DR at the top/bottom saying "I'll hack for your project if its small and from fe7"

edited, thanks

I am curious. What sort of details are you looking for when making these?

Is there something we could fill out perhaps based upon the info willy sent you?

...because hey, I had an idea actually for a three chapter mini-hack to get some practice on, so this seems kinda perfect really.

Please let me know what information would be the most helpful to you. :)

Edit: On closer reading I see you have detailed what aspects you need. Will see if I can come up with a write-up for you sometime in the week.

Just checking, you are fine with us using said hacks you make as bases, or editing from them/tweaking them ourselves? Or is this something you wish to be completely done by yourself and untouched afterwards?

Also... I realize hacking is a time intensive process... What would you estimate for general completion times?(realizing of course that all hacks generally take longer than one thinks) Just to get a sense of what to expect in terms of waits?

Edited by TheErrantShepherd

I am curious. What sort of details are you looking for when making these?

Is there something we could fill out perhaps based upon the info willy sent you?

...because hey, I had an idea actually for a three chapter mini-hack to get some practice on, so this seems kinda perfect really.

Please let me know what information would be the most helpful to you. :)

Edit: On closer reading I see you have detailed what aspects you need. Will see if I can come up with a write-up for you sometime in the week.

Just checking, you are fine with us using said hacks you make as bases, or editing from them/tweaking them ourselves? Or is this something you wish to be completely done by yourself and untouched afterwards?

Also... I realize hacking is a time intensive process... What would you estimate for general completion times?(realizing of course that all hacks generally take longer than one thinks) Just to get a sense of what to expect in terms of waits?

I'm completely fine with you editing them afterwards, it is your hack after all, all I did was the technical work for you.

As for completion times....it depends on my school schedule, and the time of year, as I can't really work on it during winter break, or when studies are intensive for exams. At minimum though, it would take me a couple weeks to event the hack, test things, insert dialog, rename things, etc. as well as testing. Assuming everything goes well that is. That and there is the queue of people in front of you as well.

• 7 months later...