What's your favorite anime?

Lantairu

Can't believe I haven't seen this here at all on the first pages of any section. So yeah! Here you go! For me it has to be Cowboy Bebop. And to explain, I'm just going to steal a quote from GRArkada's review: "Cowboy Bebop is an absolute classic, and a defining example of what anime is and what it is capable of." In my own words, I can't praise it enough. The soundtrack and animation is incredible, the story is enthralling, and the characters are all interesting.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, Cowboy Bebop is the gold standard for me. I know it's such a cliche answer, and usually, Bebop is thought of as "the anime for people who don't like anime," but for me it truly is the best anime I've ever seen. The finale had me in tears, no exaggeration.

Nothing else really comes close aside from Ghibi movies.

Yu Yu Hakusho is king to me, it does so much that most Shonen don't, a balanced cast of fighters, a good supporting cast, and the fights are always unique.

Gurren Lagann is another close contender, but I could name so many more. Like Sailor Moon, Dragonball, Busou Renkin etc etc.

Edited by Jedi

I'm not particularly well-versed in anime, I haven't seen a whole lot, but I've seen a decent amount I guess. My favorite (from all I've seen) is definitely Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood. I saw the original series first and thought it was only so-so, then decided to give Brotherhood a try and ended up loving it!

I'd have a hard time choosing between FMA Brotherhood, Steins;Gates, Fate/Zero and Psycho-Pass(season 1).

Honorable mention to Code Geass, for making me cry every time I watch its ending.

Mmm I have many favorites but out of the few I really like there is Naruto, YuYu Hakusho, Sailor Moon (mainly prefer the manga though), Cowboy Bebop, Dragonball Z. Rurouni Kenshin ah list is too big but those are among the few I consider a favorite. And recently I have gotten into Saint Seiya I have only just begun the series so far so good may become a fav.

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood is literally the greatest thing ever.

Psycho-Pass Season 1 is almost as good to be fair.

Watch them. Do it.

JoJo is greater than the greatest thing ever though. :P:

Edited by Carmine Sword

Berserk and Fate/Zero take the top spots for me but both FMAs and Scrapped Princess(which I only watched because of Arkada lol) come pretty close to sharing the spot as well.

Edited by Ambling Falchion

Yu-Gi-Oh! (but not the Dartz arc, as that was WTF levels of awful).

I watched Yu-Gi-Oh dubbed when I was, like, 8, and when I went back to watch it again, I didn't like it. I hear the dub ruins it, similar to how apparently dub of Sailor Moon ruins that.

Escaflowne and Gun X Sword are my top 2, ( I ended up naming my German Shepard after Van in Escaflowne, the only name my family could agree on) but I love a lot of anime and manga.

Cowboy Bebop is the best evah!

Apart from that, I don't really watch much anime, I have seen plenty, but nothing I really liked that deserves to be mentioned in the same post as Bebop. I do want to watch the Ghibli movies though, but finding them is incredibly difficult.

I watched Yu-Gi-Oh dubbed when I was, like, 8, and when I went back to watch it again, I didn't like it. I hear the dub ruins it, similar to how apparently dub of Sailor Moon ruins that.

Yeah if you're gonna watch Sailor Moon, do it in Japanese, the Dub was an attempt to appeal to younger kids, which I will give some credit, but... EEHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhh.

Saw this and just had to post. Can I have more than 1 favorite cause I like Cowboy Bebop, GTO, Galaxy Express 999 and the original Captain Harlock (Anime one. Not that... movie.) equally. :XD:

Edited by ABomb

I always feel like one of very few people who was not fond of Cowboy Bebop.

My top favorites include:

Clannad series

Kanon (2006)

Aria the Animation series

Madoka Magica series and movies

Yuru Yuri

Tokyo Magnitude 8.0

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood

Hunter x Hunter (2011)