What's your favorite anime?

Lantairu

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You aren't. I swear, every one of my friends who likes anime I've show it to hates it for some reason.

Bebop is a good series it's not my favorite series but it's far from the ones I dislike.

I always feel like one of very few people who was not fond of Cowboy Bebop.

We, of the Non-Bebop Society, are few in number indeed. Quite frankly, i found that series boring and rather uninspired.

I find it hard watching anime other than Cowboy Bebop because I currently have neither the time nor patience to watch something that doesn't resolve its arcs in under two episodes.

I don't watch a whole ton of anime, but I tend to steer myself towards slice of life ones hee hee

some of my favourites:

Free!

Cardcaptors Sakura

Keroro Gunso (the longest anime I've watched but I love how ridiculous and silly it is)

Yuru Yuri

Your Lie in April (I cried so many times)

I know this probably doesn't count but I really like the Little Witch Academia OVAs

Edited by carefreejules

Code Geass was my favorite for a really long time, but not anymore. My current top ten:

1. Shinsekai Yori

2. Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

3. Ping Pong: The Animation

4. Fullmetal Alchemist (2003)

5. Steins;Gate

6. Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica

7. Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood

8. Fate/Zero

9. Angel Beats!

10. Death Note

Yu Yu Hakusho is king to me, it does so much that most Shonen don't, a balanced cast of fighters, a good supporting cast, and the fights are always unique.

The dub is what makes it what it is. It had the only compelling tournament arc ever and the characters all felt genuine. The sub makes it seem like standard Shounen, though... but that dub just adds layers to it that make it watchable and unique.

Anyway, right now I'd have to say Gundam 00, YYH, or the Zeta/ZZ duology. Can't really pick one.

Edited by Lord Raven

Rose of Versailles gets the top spot for sure. Honourable mentions, in no specific order, go go: Sailor Moon, Revolutionary Girl Utena, Maison Ikkoku, Urusei Yatsura, Nausicaä of the Valley of Wind, Haibane Renmei, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, Paradise Kiss, and Kill la Kill.

I've not actually watched that many anime, even though I considered myself a huge fan of it at one point. If I had to pick a favorite I'd definitely go with Cowboy Bebop (which I still love), but with most anime I'm familiar with I've just watched a few episodes instead of going through the whole thing. The only other series I distinctly remember watching from beginning to end is Evangelion, which I thought was a masterpiece at 14. Now I think it's interesting, but very very flawed.

Manga, though, I've read loads of. I think I just never have the time to sit and marathon through an anime whereas manga is designed to be read quickly.

Edited by TheCosmicDude

I can't choose the best anime. I couldn't possibly choose from Code Geass, Death Note, Higurashi, JoJo, Dragon Ball, Saint Seiya, YuYu Hakusho, HunterxHunter and Puella Magi Madoka Magica, my bad.

I always feel like one of very few people who was not fond of Cowboy Bebop.

I only watched 6 episodes but yeah, I didn't like it that much.

Wasn't there a thread named just like this one in the forum games section? Just wandering.

Oh, I don't know. I was just assuming if it wasn't in General Entertainment or FFTF, then it didn't exist.

This is a rough list.

1. Dragon Ball/DBZ/DBS

2. Sword Art Online

3. Code Geass

4. Yu Yu Hakusho

5. Death Note

6. Kenichi the Mightiest Disciple

7. Attack on Titan

8. Fairy Tail

9. Akame ga Kill

10. FMA Brotherhood

11. Naruto/Naruto Shippuden