What's your favorite anime?

Lantairu

I think people dislike the disjointed nature of it. I can understand that.

It just bugs me a bit to see people say "I didn't like it" without saying anything more like they're trying to be special or something.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think people dislike the disjointed nature of it. I can understand that.

It just bugs me a bit to see people say "I didn't like it" without saying anything more like they're trying to be special or something.

A lot of people in this thread are listing Cowboy Bebop as a favorite, and it's generally known as a pretty popular series. I made a side comment about being one of very few who wasn't fond of it and one person responded saying they also didn't like it (also as a side comment). It's not like some hate train started. This is about our own favorites, not favorites of others that we didn't like, so I kept it short.

But since you asked, there's no specific reason why I wasn't fond of it other than I just didn't find it interesting. I didn't have any problems with characters, writing, or any disjointed nature of it, it just never grabbed me.

I have mentioned around places that my favorite in a general ranking is Fate/Zero. It's hard to come up with a top five, but I have no problems putting that one as my overall favorite.

Not in any particular order:

_Madoka Magica: great and unique audio/visual, well crafted atmosphere, realistic character developments, good directing, perfect voice acting.

_Girls und Panzer: tanks everywhere, terrific soundtracks (what is the last time an anime covers British Grenadier March, Erika and Panzerlied!?), nice and simple sport anime with acceptable level of drama, ridiculous and unique in many levels. It knows what it is about and expand from that. It doesnt try to be something it is not. What I hate most about anime is that they kept pumping out ambitious settings only to fail to deliver the contents that should come with it. Attack on Titan? Code Geass? Guilty Crown? Sword Art Online? They all failed.

_Shiki: classic vampire, deep plot, great horror story that doesnt rely on stupid jump scare or pointless gore, realistic character developments and nice voice acting.

_Arashi no Yoru Ni: a deep, sad story about a cute little sheep, brutal and educative at the same time, better than everything Disney threw at me (may be except Lion King and Aladin).

_Knight of Sidonia: blew away almost every mecha anime I have watched, how to create a story with an overpowered character that is still believable class 101. Btw, nice harem you have there, Nagate.

_NGE, Clannad, Welcome to NHK: nuff said, the classic stuff.

Btw, no Cowboy Bebop!

Edited by Magical CC

cowboy bebop is among my faves because of personal reasons as well as how good it is.

Other's that i enjoy would be:

Overman King Gainer

Gurren Lagann

Negima (The magical world ova stuff. )

FA and FA Brotherhood

THAT GUNDAM FIGHTERS ANIME. purely on how ridiculously cheesy and fun it it.

The marvel anime stuff; it's decent, but it's also kind of a guilty pleasure.

Me ummm....

Well there's literally a lot of anime I've seen

I have more than 20completed anime series downloaded, but to pick a favourite....

It'll have to be Another Japanese Dubbed.

Love the story...

The horror...

Suspense...

The cast

Who dies

Who doesn't

Especially the OVA

And the sadness of Ep12 and Ova

This is my favourite anime

PostScript. Anime us better in its original language, which is Japanse.

A lot of people in this thread are listing Cowboy Bebop as a favorite, and it's generally known as a pretty popular series. I made a side comment about being one of very few who wasn't fond of it and one person responded saying they also didn't like it (also as a side comment). It's not like some hate train started. This is about our own favorites, not favorites of others that we didn't like, so I kept it short.

But since you asked, there's no specific reason why I wasn't fond of it other than I just didn't find it interesting. I didn't have any problems with characters, writing, or any disjointed nature of it, it just never grabbed me.

So glad you didn't call it "overrated" like most would have.

Legend of the Galactic Heroes. Some of the greatest characters ever, and the fact that the goal of the main protagonist is to conquer the universe is both unique and badass. As a monarchist, though, the best part is how Rienhard's benevolent monarchy is shown as better than the Free Planet's Alliance.

Even though I'm from Japan, I haven't seen many animes. The Wind Rises is probably my favourite; I generally like watching history. I also enjoyed a couple of times I saw Cowboy Bebop. And I have absolutely no regrets seeing the Entei movie from Pokémon.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have not seen THAT many anime so far, but my favourite out of all of them is probably Shakugan no Shana. I don't know... there's just something about it that I really like. Story? Yes. Characters? Yes (even though they CAN be a little creepy *shudders at the 'incest twins'*)

And I like it when there are female characters that can actually fight. In this case with a katana and the power to create freaking infernos! Holy hell, that's one badass girl ya got there, anime. Good on you! :D

But yeah, its fun. And I can recommend it.

For other anime I like we have...

Fate/Zero

Fate/Stay Night Unlimited Blade Works (the new series, not the movie)

Digimon (every series, save Xros Wars)

Toradora

Neon Genesis Evangelion (the feels, man. The feels)

Azumanga Daioh!

Baby, please kill me

Gintama

I like rewatching one of the last three if I want to have a good laugh.

On that note: Can anyone recommend some comedy anime to watch? I like a good laugh or two.

Edited by DragonFlames

I'd say my favorite anime, thus far, is Samurai Champloo. I don't really know how to explain why, I just freaking love it. The characters are really good, it can be really funny and really emotional at times and the action scenes are very good. And the soundtrack is godly.
Another anime I deeply enjoy is Saint Seiya The Lost Canvas, mainly because of the characters (especially the Gold Saints).

(and I also liked the Fire Emblem anime, and wish there were more episodes.)​​

Lost Canvas manages to surpass Akame ga Kill in the death score per chapter. It needs to receive a medal for that. Yes, I found the characters and the battles interesting, but since they are as shortlived as butterflies, I had a harder time caring about them. The anime has usually two or three episodes per Gold Saint, the first one introduces them, the second one expands their backstory, the third one is where they die (and also where their backstory info dump reaches the end).

At least they were cool. Man, I wish Next Dimension would receive the same treatment.

...well, true, but we do have the Gaiden (or Anecdotes, or whatever) chapters, that greatly develops these characters, and also includes some very badass moments (especially the Virgo one).

And Next Dimension can go die in a fire, honestly. ...seriously, why does Kurumada hate the Taurus Saints so much? :'(

Well, Aldebaran was a badass in the first arc, but then started to fail miserably...

(ok, in Asgard he is as strong as a God Warrior, and the only reason why he loses is because he took a hit from a second enemy from behind, so this is not so bad, but he sucked a lot in the Hades saga). The Taurus Saint from Lost Canvas is cooler than him, takes hits better than a General with Pavise, and he only died because he tried to protect someone from a lethal sneak attack.

Also, Aldebaran just tanked a God Warrior in the second (third?) chapter of Soul of Gold without flinching, taking into account that they're empowered by Yggdrasil and it took Aiolia's full strength to defeat one in the first episode. Maybe he's becoming a badass? :V

Next Dimension shows that Kurumada has issues with tier lists (except when it comes to Ikki. He is always stronger than everyone else, lol). How the hell is a recently "knighted" Tenma as strong as Shun, and how are they having so many issues with Gold Saints?

Also, a FE anime like Arslan Senki would be cool. Come on, IS, it's perfectly doable!

Edited by Rapier

My favorites would be (without particular order) :

-Clannad (obviously if you know about my avi)

-Mawaru Penguindrum

-Code Geass (despite I consider the graphisms awful)

Honorable to Persona 4, angel Beats, Pandora Hearts (despite awful end, but no spoilers here)

I also expect Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry to reach the Top 5 soon, but since it is airing, it is a bit earlly.