Lantairu

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

My favorites of all time are probably

Revolutionary Girl Utena

Kino's Journey (strongly urge people to watch it! It's super cheap on DVD, short, and also on Hulu!)

Baccano!

Madoka Magica

Gurren Lagann

Kill la Kill

Fate/Zero

Vision of Escaflowne

Monster

As far as movies go, Akira is really the only major anime film I've seen. I've heard that most/all of Miyazaki's work is spectacular, but haven't seen any of it myself yet.

For the small screen, I certainly enjoyed Cowboy Bebop, Trigun, and Fullmetal Alchemist, but my favorite has to be Ghost in the Shell and its sequel (GitS: 2nd GiG).

• 2 weeks later...

Honestly? Fate/Zero... and One Punch Man. I won't lie I'm kinda into the newish anime. ;w;

Out of older anime though, if Code Geass counts, loved it. Liked FMA, both of em (prefer Brotherhood.) Eva is still my favorite "mecha" show probably.

• 3 weeks later...

As far as movies go, Akira is really the only major anime film I've seen. I've heard that most/all of Miyazaki's work is spectacular, but haven't seen any of it myself yet.

For the small screen, I certainly enjoyed Cowboy Bebop, Trigun, and Fullmetal Alchemist, but my favorite has to be Ghost in the Shell and its sequel (GitS: 2nd GiG).

I would highly recommend Miyazaki's work. The best movie of his in my opinion is Princess Mononoke, but Spirited Away, Howl's Moving Castle, Nausicaä, and Castle in the Sky are better gateway Miyazaki films.

It's a tie between Fafner: Dead Aggressor or Zeta Gundam

Honestly I'm leaning more towards Fafner though, because holy shit the original series' story was great

Edited by Pixelman

Macross 7, Turn A Gundam, Mobile Police Patlabor, Legend of the Galactic Heroes, Space Brothers

Honorable mention to Lupin III because there's a new season airing right now and you should watch it because Lupin III is really good

• 2 weeks later...

Oh yeah, I forgot

One of my absolute favorite anime movies is Ideon: Be Invoked

Talk about fucken brutal

Edited by Pixelman

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Psycho-Pass. I'm not really into anime and was surprised at how much I liked it. It sounded interesting when I read about it but I didn't know it was inspired by some of my favourite books and movies.

Probably a tie between Birdy the mighty and Spice and Wolf. Spice and Wolf does everything so right for me, and is so different than any other anime I've seen (which, admittedly, isn't a whole lot). Birdy isn't perfect but it's a whole lot of fun.

Legend of the Galactic Heroes (OVA, gaidens, movies), first two seasons of Slayers, OG Sailor Moon, Anohana, Zeta Gundam, Armored Trooper VOTOMS, Kirby, NGE, Turn A Gundam...damn, there's a lot of mecha here. Probably a few more I'm not really remembering, though I don't watch as much anime as I read manga. I'll probably be watching more in the future so list subject to change.

Edited by Nightmare

It's a tie between Legemd of the Galactic Heroes, for its monarchism and the fact that both of the main Heroe's win by using their brains instead of firing off so,e stupid Kamahamaha attack out of their anus, and Monster, because firstly the story is just generally awesome, and secondly I love how much detail it puts into depicting Germany and the Czech Republic. Almost all of its settings in Prague at least are real, and the level of research put into it is amazing, especially when you have a certain OTHER piece of shit anime involving East Germany that shits all over history.