What to Expect

GrayClouds23

Well, you should get out of Awakening mode first. The game plays a lot like Awakening, but there are some somewhat significant differences. For instance, the maximum for specialized (As in a Trueblade's Skill or Speed for instance.) stats usually range in around the mid to high 30's. Also get used to having barely any HP without grinding, at least from what I've experienced.

And then there's the whole debuff/status thing. I'd read up on staves and skills in this game if I were you.

Thanks.The buff and debuff system seems interesting. May I ask what RNG is?

I also heard this was similar to awakening. Guess I was wrong.

RNG=Random Number Generator. It's the system that determines a number associated with calculations such as hit rate, critical rate, and skill activation chances (if the skill isn't always in effect). I believe they usually or always range from 0 to 100, and that a number further from 0 indicates a decreasing chance of hitting/activation. For instance, I think that if your hit rate is 50 and the random number procced for a given attack is 70, the attack will miss because 50<70, whereas if your hit is still 50 and the random number is 25, you'll hit.

Only staff have uses, all weapons are infinite.

The Weapon Triangle is changed: (Sword, Tome) > (Axe, Bow) > (Kunai, Lance) > (Sword, Tome).

Guard Stance and Attack Stance:

http://serenesforest.net/fire-emblem-fates/miscellaneous/attack-guard-stance/

Levels are kept by reclassing. (for example, Lv15 Paladin -> using seal -> Lv15 Bow Knight)

Edited by Tooru

RNG=Random Number Generator. It's the system that determines a number associated with calculations such as hit rate, critical rate, and skill activation chances (if the skill isn't always in effect). I believe they usually or always range from 0 to 100, and that a number further from 0 indicates a decreasing chance of hitting/activation. For instance, I think that if your hit rate is 50 and the random number procced for a given attack is 70, the attack will miss because 50<70, whereas if your hit is still 50 and the random number is 25, you'll hit.

What he said. Buuut be warned. The RNG (From what I've seen in my 200 hours save) seems to favor hit chances in the high 40's, 50's, 70's, and 80's. 90's will pretty much always hit, but know that the RNG does let things like 2% crits and 98% misses slide a lot (Not as much in the department of hit rates) more than Awakening does.

FE Fates' true hit formula: Displayed hit rate -30 for the player and displayed hit rate +40 for the enemy.

And when playing as Arthur, enemy critical rate is calculated as:

if enemy critical rate >0, enemy critcal rate +98%

You definitely want to read up on personal skills. Jakob's is a good example of why. That personal skill is super good for Kamui in the early game, so if you happen to start as a female Kamui, you definitely want to keep that personal skill in mind.

https://kantopia.wordpress.com/2015/06/21/fire-emblem-fates-importers-source-menus-all-ongoing/

As an importer, you should favorite this link probably. Has all of the menu stuff you need outside of My Castle and such. Still haven't found a place with my castle translations unfortunately. :/

The site also has chapter information, story summaries, chapter translations, etc. All very useful if you're interested in that type of stuff.

Step one: get Takumi.

Step two: watch as the enemies fall before your one-man army.

Step three (optional): score with anime hunks.

Step four: win.

It doesn't work on Lunatic, I know, I tested it. :p