Hopes in future Fire Emblem games..?

SaltyPearl

The Sorcerer's or Dark mages should learn that skill, so when you reclass to an mage or any other magic user you can still use dark magic. They really need to find more use in Shadowgift, it could be a really useful skill.

But even then it's still useless because there's literally only one Dark tome, which also has been nerfed to near uselessness :p

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope that future FE games will have less focus on fanservice. A bit of it is fine, but having it be so "in-your-face" all the time is not. (Game, stop shoving Camilla's assets at me. I'm a straight woman, I don't want those shoved in my face.) I'd like to see some games that don't use an avatar system as well. I don't think it's going away for good, but can we at least have a few games in-between that don't use it? Also, if the developers are going to tell us that the story is good, then it better BE good. Not having children or an Awakening-style marriage system would be great, too.

But even then it's still useless because there's literally only one Dark tome, which also has been nerfed to near uselessness :p

What about in Awakening..? Nosferatu , Ruin & Waste were pretty useful. Though Waste had pretty crappy accuracy.

Regarding magic, if they're gonna take the current direction, I want them to at least make the animations more flashy graphically. I mean, if you're nerfing something then at least make it virtually interesting as an incentive for people to use them. I'm not a fan of how Fates gave some tomes very samey (if not the same) animations. To make it worse, a few tomes and other weapons share that generic fireball animation of the Fire tome, an E-rank magic. Most Nohrian tomes have either fire or lighting effects, which is boring. At least Hoshido has animals, but it's still low graphic at best. Generally, the magic look pretty unprofessional, with the exception of a few high-rank spells, but that's still nothing compared to Awakening's animations.

And Shadowgift is useless lol.

Thus, so much. This is something that irked me since Awakening. The partical effects (the yellow 'magical' thing that appears when any spell hits) obscure a lot of the spell itself so spells (Nohrian tomes at least) look very similar. I miss when we had the flashy animations of the GBA or Tellius games.

On the subject of magic, I hope they put more effort into animations for those. For the magic hybrid classes (Revenant Knight, Shura, Dark Flier, Basura, Dark Blood) they simply hold the tome up and nothing interesting happens. Even the crit animation is unchanged! This goes for magic weapons as well. The only classes that look good with tomes are Sorcerers and Grandmasters.

Despite criticisms, I enjoyed the marriage mechanic but I want it to return to its presence in the character endings rather than gameplay itself. Some changes I would like to see are:

• Improved stories that focus less on demonic dragons hellbent on destryoing life as we know it and more political turmoil.
  • Remove children if their involvement has no impact on the story. Awakening's DLC kind of made them tolerable but Fate's reason for them is laughable.
  • More classes based on real-life empires such as the Ottomans or the Greeks. Fates kind of did this with Hoshido being based on Japan and Nohr's European vibe.
  • Less emphasis on fanservice. We get it, your adoptive older sister is well endowed. I really don't need to watch multiple cutscenes reminding me of this.
  • New objectives that focus on capturing a specific unit or stealing important documents.

Everyone, you're taking this in the wrong direction. We already have Fire Emblem games with reasonably dressed characters and logical support options. We need something new

Fire Emblem: Mates A'wanking will have a whole host of new features, and these are only a few of the possibilities we'll have a chance to open our minds to:

- every unit can support every other unit

- every support ends with a unique CG H-scene

- playable avatar is half manakete, one quarter god, one eigth garou and six fifths pegasus

- playable avatar is the main lord, the main love interest, and (spoilers!) the final boss

- playable avatar is a mii

- player can invite units to their room and give them sponge baths

- all classes wear swimsuits

- every map is a beach

- every chapter after the first adds a new unit, a new class, a new gameplay mechanic, and costs 6£

You are still thinking too small!

We need:

-a 1st, 2nd and 3rd generation, all around the sames ages

-all characters should be underage, related to you by blood and bisexual

-the ability to change your economic class in addition to your combat class

-character outfits falling off after every weapon hit

-a T&A groping minigame that is required to advance the story

Everyone, you're taking this in the wrong direction. We already have Fire Emblem games with reasonably dressed characters and logical support options. We need something new

Fire Emblem: Mates A'wanking will have a whole host of new features, and these are only a few of the possibilities we'll have a chance to open our minds to:

- every unit can support every other unit

- every support ends with a unique CG H-scene

- playable avatar is half manakete, one quarter god, one eigth garou and six fifths pegasus

- playable avatar is the main lord, the main love interest, and (spoilers!) the final boss

- playable avatar is a mii

- player can invite units to their room and give them sponge baths

- all classes wear swimsuits

- every map is a beach

- every chapter after the first adds a new unit, a new class, a new gameplay mechanic, and costs 6£

Yeah now we're talkin.

-a T&A groping minigame that is required to advance the story

OK, I was alright with everything else, but this is a dealbreaker. If the groping is relegated to a minigame instead of being the new combat system I'm not buying it.

The lampooning probably isn't very productive guys. Whether you love the new(ish) features or not; they've become part of a series that we ostensibly all enjoy. Some people like the actual serious part of those features.

But to the question at hand, I would prefer a return to a more limited support base and no children characters, just to provide a more diverse story potential and better fleshed out characters, at least characters that don't have no shtick. I would also prefer non-MU lords, but I haven't played Fates yet, so we'll see how that goes.

I hope in the future they tone down or eliminate all the loli crap. It may be an unpopular opinion, but I actually welcomed the sight of grown-up Tiki in Awakening. Trotting out the preteen-looking-but-actually 1000-years old character was fine the first couple times IS did it (though I have never, ever been a fan of that concept) but now the manakete is a loli EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. With almost no exceptions save for the Tellius games. It's a tired trope that is made extra creepy by a weird romance/big brother complex they usually have with the lord characters. The continuing loli power is even worse with Nowi, who dresses herself like the denizen of an illegal sex dungeon.

When I found out Kamui was going to be a manakete I jumped for joy (dumb personality notwithstanding), largely because it meant the cool dragon character isn't a prepubescent-looking girl. I hope this is a signal that we are at least getting a break from loliketes.

Oh, and maybe don't nerf shape shifters into oblivion next time. I'm having a hard time finding a situation in fates where it would be advantageous to use your dragonstones.

Edited by Omegaprism

OK, I was alright with everything else, but this is a dealbreaker. If the groping is relegated to a minigame instead of being the new combat system I'm not buying it.

It's disappointing, but groping doesn't really fit into the game's established Weapon Dodecahedron.

Fates has a straight-up Weapon Triangular Prism so this is like only half joking

I hope in the future they gone down or eliminate all the loli crap. It may be an unpopular opinion, but I actually welcomed the sight of grown-up Tiki in Awakening. Trotting out the preteen-looking-but-actually 1000-years old trope was fine the first couple times IS did it (though I have never, ever been a fan of that trope) but now the manakete is a loli EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. With almost no exceptions save for the Tellius games. It's a tired trope that is made extra creepy by a weird romance/big brother complex they usually have with the lord characters. The continuing loli power by even worse with Nowi, who dresses herself like the denizen of an illegal sex dungeon.

When I found out Kamui was going to be a manakete I jumped for joy (dumb personality notwithstanding), largely because it meant the cool dragon character isn't a prepubescent-looking girl. I hope this is a signal that we are at least getting a break from loliketes.

It's odd; before Tiki's triumphant return, the only non-loli units with Manakete as a class were Bantu and Nagi, who existed only to recruit and to replace FE1's resident lolikete respectively.

Manakete is such a popular class among that it suprises me that they didn't really expand it until now. I'm interested to see what IS does with manaketes, and with shifters in general, going forward.

Edited by gayserbeam

This was one of my biggest hype points and disappointments. Dragonstones can't double or attack at range, making them a poor weapon choice and the story barely even acknowledges Kamui's status as a manakete. I wouldn't mind the protagonist, or a MU being a manakete in the future, but give it the fanfare it deserves!

I don't really have much problems with the gameplay, so my complaints are more story-oriented. I want...

An Avatar that is either 1) a blank slate and doesn't affect the story much (if at all), or 2) actually changes personality/events based on what you answer, or 3) if unable to fulfill 1 or 2, doesn't exist. Oh, and less Avatar-sexuals.

I really wish they'd cut down on the number of supports per person, with more same gender supports. The number of opposite gender supports always outnumbers those between the same gender, but people need friends regardless of gender, no? So, capped A ranks between opposite gender and also platonic S ranks. With less supports, hopefully they'll be better written. Have LGBTs too, maybe 3 or so, and not just Avatar-sexual.

More adults that actually look and act like adults. I'm tired of teenagers and children saving the world.

And of course... Better storyline... if was really quite disappointing. A plot that is actually dark would be great, not like what I expected from Nohr. Unpopular opinion, but bad endings are nice too. Like where everyone dies in despair or something.

And while I'm on that topic, it probably won't happen, but... Multiple endings. Multiple endings (if written well) would be so awesome I would weep. They'll probably be a canon happy route, but I want to see the unhappy and bittersweet and downright horrible too.

Edited by teddybearyt

I really hope they rework the avatar system. What I want is an avatar who can make dialogue choices so we can actually tailor their personality more after ourselves, or just give them a personality period.

Failing that, I'd at least appreciate multiple choices that actually make a noticeable differences in story (instead of just one).

Removing the extraneaous fanservice elements. No more facerubbing, bath peeping, and give the female units more practical clothing and armour please. If they really want these kind of things, at least shove them into a dlc so they don't bog down the main game and can act like the superficial extras they are.

Marriage system is fine by me, if they prohibit all visibly underage characters from doing it. Same goes for the Dragon "fake" little girls. Also do not destroy familial bonds for the sake of the marriage system with cheap last minute reveals. Actually limiting the options and instead making the family and platonic supports and endings more unique would be nice as well. No children (outside of ending slides), it just makes things weird and IntSys has proven that they cannot implement them well.

The story should really not be influenced anymore by the marriage system, and the use of overdone jrpg tropes should be reevaluated. At least the villains should become more morally complex again, so I can actually take them seriously.

General:

As much as I enjoy the fan-service it would be nice to see more of a focus on strategy.

Marriage and Child Units:

I like the ideas of marriage and hope that it stays in, I hope that they expand on the marriage system by including more LGBT marriage options in any future instalments.

As for child units, if they decide to do them again I think that it would be good if they added them under more feasible circumstances such as a time skip rather than what they have implemented in Fates.

Story:

The final thing that I would like to see is more wholesome story writing and greater variety of in game choices that actually matter (should they take this angle again), for me I thought that Fates kind of dropped the ball on these issues.

Possible Darker Storyline:

It probably wouldn't happen but a darker storyline with a flawed protagonist (MU or not) would be a welcome, refreshing and unexpected change. Why not have the opportunity to side with 'bad guys' or give the protagonist (?) some shady motives that they may or may not eventually (throughout events in the game) come to terms with as being immoral or bad. A storyline like this might also yield a different perspective to taking sides where the MU or protagonist figure might uncover the realities of people who are victims of poor circumstance or people who have yielded to corruption and embellish that flaw.

Less black and white, more grey:

This was the thing that really got me with Fates. I was surprised by how, generally, black and white things were.

Hoshido (and its citizens) was painted as morally pure and it's people seemed to be (mostly) incapable of doing anything inherently bad and generally speaking we saw no major Hoshidan antagonist (not counting those controlled by Anankos) who were inherently bad. We did get some chapter bosses that were such as Daichi and Sennou however there wasn't nearly as many 'bad guys' as in Nohr. For example, I think that it would have been interesting if MU uncovered that Hoshido had committed its fair share of massacres, raids, whatever. I felt like Yukimura may have been a missed opportunity for a character with grey morality since he is the countries tactician and would likely be involved in more questionable dealings if we were to isolate a single character. I also felt that the lack of more shady motives made some of the Hoshidan units and characters un-relatable and a little boring due to their sanctity and general goodness.

Even though Nohr was a country befallen by poor circumstance, reflected by many of the 'good' units we get we don't really see much beyond that. We're still missing the grey zone. Most of the central antagonists of the story are Nohrian who commit almost senseless acts of violence just because they can, without a properly justified reason which in turn created senseless villains. This was my big problem with Nohr, many of the villains or antagonistic units were just bad for the sake of being bad and were presented as inhuman and bland because of that archetype. I think there were some missed opportunities with Ganz and Iago (and even Garon to an extent) to present them as more interesting characters who had their own motives and goals for the benefit of themselves, the benefit of their family/friends/allies/etc and the benefit of their nation. Without spilling over into too many details I feel like there was a lot of missed opportunities to work in Nohr's problems/instabilities (mostly agricultural) into both villains and recruitable units motives as well as possible motive (or at least an initial excuse) for invading the surrounding, more fertile lands.

As for the Avatar, I would like to see a better rounded character who isn't worshipped by all around them. Compared to the Fates MU it would be nice to see an Avatar whom has firm opposition to them within their ranks or even a flawed or corrupt side to them that is gradually hinted at, or better yet, actively decided (for or against) by the player. I personally felt Kamui lacked a bit of bite and by end of the game I felt like the MU had not really developed all that much. I think that the combination of all of these traits that were implemented for Kamui were not relatable (at least not for me) and did not make them a stand out, well defined and independent character, if anything I thought that Kamui was lost amongst the typical hero/heroine type and potentially forgettable.

Antagonists:

More bad guy development please, I felt like some of the baddies in Fates were sidelined easily and given very stereotyped roles when they could have been made quite interesting and complex rather than being defined as 'just evil'. I think that interesting bad guys would help make a more engaging a dynamic story. Also making them not so obvious or even allies early in game might provide some more interesting twists. I feel like there was so much potential for both Iago and Ganz to make them more interesting and possibly self motivated by their own goals (I mean, Iago's named after two Shakespearean villains for God sake) but they were sidelined so severely any engaging development that might have bought more intrigue to their characters (and possibly story) was completely neglected.

FEMALE Character Design:

These people are fighting wars not trying to win a modelling contest, I hope that future instalments will make armour appropriate for their classes. Armour Knights and Generals shouldn't have ass exposed, it's impractical and looks silly when they're so armoured up. The same goes for cavalier, these women are riding horses and would get pretty bad saddle sores. The male units generally don't get placed in such a position with, we don't see Benoit with ass-less armour or Xander riding his horse without thighs, despite the appeal of fan service female units shouldn't have to be designed in such a manner.

The character designs in Fire Emblem have always been something that appeals to me, I adore the flare that they add in, even to the generic units, however I feel like it's gone a bit far. By all means I think there should be some cute flares and unique styles to female armour, in fact, despite my previous comment on the thigh-less cavalier armour I adored this aspect in female Kamui's design. However, I feel like the unit designs should be handled with more thought about the units roles whilst also considering some design flare that might define them as feminine.

More Diverse Final Bosses:

I like dragons and all but some more boss types would be refreshing, maybe other mythology or mythical beasts should be looked to as a source of inspiration and used as the final boss.

Better Character Development (non MU):

I think some better character development within the available units (and outside) would be welcomed. I felt like some of the characters in Fates were kind of one-dimensional and were given a trait that they were branded with for the entirety of their supports that didn't allow the possibility for them to develop more than they did.

Edited by Mox

Here is what I hope for

• No avatar (we`ve had one for three games now, I think we can let it go for one game)
  • No children (outside of being mentioned in endings)
  • Marriage in ending
  • Less supports
  • No genderlocked classes (unless they have a good reason for it)
  • Less fanservice (from what I have heard that if takes it too far)

I think I seen everybody say at least one thing I don't want to see again and we all relate. Everyone on my point of view have covered

it, but I want my two cents in this.

Things that I hope to go

- Fanservice (My childhood! *Bleh*)

- Fetishes

- Anime Cliches/Tropes

- Oversexualizing Character designs

- Bad redundant supports (Give it more meaning, more feeling)

- Useless content

- This new... Weapon Triangle?

- Hidden Weapons

- Some broken mechanics

- Grinding

- Marriage (Leave it for the end and don't make every character be able to)

- Kids (FE4 did it before it was cool (actually, maybe the kid thing was never cool))

- Redundant DLC (Invisible Kingdom should never of existed)

- Everyone being teens

- Bad, watery maps

- The My Unit

- Clone characters

- Class swapping (This buddy seal thing is still just as, if not less, worse as the Second seal)

- The gazillions of skills. (I don't want all of them gone, but things like Flamboyance, Line of Death, Venom Snake, Reduce stat, Blah Blah Blah)

- Marketing the game specifically for Japan

- IntySys's lust for money and hype lying

Things I wish to stay/appear

- Amiibo's (Tolerable)

- Light Magic

- Magic Triangle

- Balancing among classes, characters growths, Skills, weapons, etc.

- Smart AI

- Aum Staff!!

- Strategical Maps

- Reaver Weapons (I don't really care, but then maybe we can get rid of those Breaker Skills)

- Moralizing story (I wanna feel)

- The strategy, and the making every move count (Make a way or Casual to become more risky)

- Many split story routes

- Make the main Lord/Character earn the right to lead, and/or earn respect.

- Character development and story/setting lore

- Better interesting classes

- Content that actually you can benefit from.

- Interesting looking and very different character designs

- The enemy designs

- Every character being different

- Better Character Models

- Better Attack animations (I miss you GBA sprites, I miss you "spin to win" criticals)

- The reason why I loved IntySys back then

Seriously, that's enough from me. Rant over.

Edited by Great Geargia Gateway

I do not want marrying 13 year olds back. Extra hate if it's someone who still calls you brother after marrying them.

Fire the art director, I can deal with some fanservice but are you really expecting me to take a game serious when I can have a fucking maid to flips that show off her panties. Dishonorable mention to female general design.

Don't fill the story with contrived excuses for me not to do what is clearly the best option.

Don't ever fucking start with this much player worship again I can't deal with this level of stupidity where I'm the best because I'm the player. I hate player worship more than anything else in the game.

Skinship is dumb because I can just bring a new recruit who just joined today and feel him up to my heart's content.

(Game, stop shoving Camilla's assets at me. I'm a straight woman, I don't want those shoved in my face.)

I'm gay and I don't want to have my sister thrusting towards me all day.

Also since this is a 3ds game you could easily be in public when something like that happens.

The gameplay should really stay around though, the class balance seems pretty good for the most part.

Except mages, can they get a buff please?

For someone who had joined this series since Awakening, I do felt like the games should mesh them together with some of the old FE elements instead of a straight-up reverting back into the old formula. Anyway here is my list.

- Good and interesting main Lord that starts out having uterior motives but would learn to grow and fight for peace.

- Marriage/Support should be revamped better....I don't know what kind but it should be revamped, I don't really want it to be gone but it needs to change. (Also more LGBT characters to make people happy)

- Less one-note baddies and more morally-ambigious character for our main hero to fight.

- A final boss that isn't a rawr-rawr evil dragon

- Character Development between everyone. (Either in supports or special events)

- A good difficulty settings for both Old-time fans and fans that have recently join.

- Branching paths that could lead to different sets of rewards for certain consequences.

- Balance the characters so that almost everyone has a use on the battlefield depending on your style.

- New Game+ for replay values. (I am ok if the game starts out, giving me an expected way to play but having New Game + would have speed things if I just want to play it again without too much difficulty)

- Revamp some classes so that none of them are overpowered or useless, make sure that they all have a purpose.

- Old weapons that could return should return.

- A Three-way battle map or maps that could make use of certain strategems. (For example, in a forest map; you can use choose to burn the forest down in order to do damage to your enemy but because of your own units getting in the crossfire)

- Unless there is mutiplayer, class-swaping is tolerable.

- Either make the children revalent to the story (Like getting all of them along with getting their supports high enough for a Golden Ending) or remove them.

- Make My Unit a new game+ thing or make him more interesting but shove him far back from the plot to avoid stealing the main spotlight from the main Lord.

- Either make DLC some pointless fanservice that doesn't cost that much or give DLC some good content which would make it worth buying.

I don't want IntySys to revert back into it's old route especially after Awakening just revive them from despair. I want them to find a perfect balance so that people who enjoy Awakening won't be turn off by the old style and old fans could find them fun and enjoyable again.

I'm gay and I don't want to have my sister thrusting towards me all day.

Also since this is a 3ds game you could easily be in public when something like that happens.

That's a good point. While there is definitely a place in games for sexual content, I'd rather not be caught doing skinship or watching Camilla's intro cutscene while on the train to work.

Everything about the visual design has become so much more conspicuous and contrived in Fates and Awakening. Tellius characters also had crazy hair and rainbow swatch armour, but they didn't feel the need to show us their butts or wear their character gimmick on their sleeves. I'm not saying Kozaki designs are bad, and I admire how creative they've been (some characters like Harold, Donnel, Robin, Charlotte, Rinkah, Lissa and Foleo look fantastic) but perhaps future games could return some subtlety to the art.

I was really disappointed with Kamui's dragon design. I was hoping for some cool looking dragon , but instead we get some deer looking thing :/