Best Finishing Class/es for Male Morgan and Lucina?

post-18873-0-50200300-1444867713_thumb.jpg

{A little funny picture that I found...please enjoy for laughs :D:}

I would like some help on the best finishing classes for Chrom!Male Morgan and FMU!Lucina for my current play through. I was wondering as well what are the best skill sets for both M!Morgan and Lucina.

~FMU is +def/-luck and will give Morgan Galeforce which I think will be in his final skill set (maybe?)

~Lucina will have veteran (either through re-class or inheritance however I am leaning to re-classing for veteran)

~Both will run as cavaliers

~Morgan and Lucina are not going to be benched

~Maxing EXP for both in their respective base classes

~Veteran will not be in Morgan/Lucina's final skill sets

~I am playing normal/casual (because I can't stand to lose units :/)

I have read (from another source) that Lucina should be a Great Lord, however I am reluctant to do so as I will already have Chrom and I am of the mindset that Chrom is enough.

Thank you in advance for your help

~TSC

Yes, make Lucina's final class Great Lord. I'd use Aether, Rightful King, Sol/Luna/Astra, Galeforce, and Limit Breaker (if you have it).

Morgan should have Galeforce, Rightful King, and again Limit Breaker. Grandmaster is a nice class, but it depends on what you want to do with him.

Ingame, Lucina makes a really good Bow Knight. She keeps Falchion for healing/Grima, but also has Bows for ranged attacks (Bows combo well with Galeforce).

Morgan might want to end up as a Dark Knight; it makes good use of him having both high Str and high Mag, as well as being fairly beefy t compliment his +Def.

Both classes should serve you well, though if you're not grinding you'll probably only have one reclass to get there due to limited exp (Normal has very few enemies).

Yes, make Lucina's final class Great Lord. I'd use Aether, Rightful King, Sol/Luna/Astra, Galeforce, and Limit Breaker (if you have it).

Morgan should have Galeforce, Rightful King, and again Limit Breaker. Grandmaster is a nice class, but it depends on what you want to do with him.

You basically ignored that fact that I said that Chrom was going to be the Great Lord and that I didn't need Lucina for that role as Chrom is plenty in my mind at least and the team does not need more than one lord. She is also not going to have aether, that's not what she needs as renewal sounds like a better option as it is more reliable than aether. Also Sol and Luna are just a waste of the skill slots. I don't have limit breaker and I have a different strategy that I use...which mostly centres around distance attacking units (such as mages) or healers that are fully out of enemies' range.

Ingame, Lucina makes a really good Bow Knight. She keeps Falchion for healing/Grima, but also has Bows for ranged attacks (Bows combo well with Galeforce).

Morgan might want to end up as a Dark Knight; it makes good use of him having both high Str and high Mag, as well as being fairly beefy t compliment his +Def.

Both classes should serve you well, though if you're not grinding you'll probably only have one reclass to get there due to limited exp (Normal has very few enemies).

That is certainly a class that I have considered for Morgan. I have DLC like the Golden Gaffe so exp won't be too much of a problem and I also have EXPontial Growth as well so I can put them through a few reclasses if I have to.

Morgan @Grandmaster or Dread Fighter

-Aether(Sol/Luna)

-Armsthrift

-Ignis

-Rally Spectrum or Agressor

Lucina @Bow Knight

-Renewal

-Rightful King

-Galeforce

-Ignis

-Armsthrift

^^That's the best I could come up with

Edited by CountessGardevoir

Morgan @Grandmaster or Dread Fighter

-Aether(Sol/Luna)

-Armsthrift

-Ignis

-Rally Spectrum or Agressor

Lucina @Bow Knight

-Renewal

-Rightful King

-Galeforce

-Ignis

-Armsthrift

^^That's the best I could come up with

Male Morgan can't get aether as he cannot reclass into a lord/great the only skill that M!Morgan can have from Chrom is rightful king :D:

I'd use Aether, Rightful King, Sol/Luna/Astra, Galeforce, and Limit Breaker (if you have it).

-Renewal

-Rightful King

-Galeforce

-Ignis

-Armsthrift

...Why no Dual Strike+? It's one of the best skills in the game, and the whole thing that makes Lucina special.

Male Morgan can't get aether as he cannot reclass into a lord/great the only skill that M!Morgan can have from Chrom is rightful king :D:

He probably means using Sol and Luna together as a pseudo-Aether (which doesn't work very well).

Edited by Czar_Yoshi

You basically ignored that fact that I said that Chrom was going to be the Great Lord and that I didn't need Lucina for that role as Chrom is plenty in my mind at least and the team does not need more than one lord. She is also not going to have aether, that's not what she needs as renewal sounds like a better option as it is more reliable than aether. Also Sol and Luna are just a waste of the skill slots. I don't have limit breaker and I have a different strategy that I use...which mostly centres around distance attacking units (such as mages) or healers that are fully out of enemies' range.

No need to get sassy. Great Lord is a great class, arguably among the best in Awakening.

Plus, male and female Lords have different stat caps. Female Lords have a higher Skill and Speed, IIRC.

Aether is an incredible Skill. Combine it with Rightful King and you have yourself the best of the proc Skills (besides obviously Lethality). Aether works on Enemy Phase. Renewal does not. Aether has a chance to heal more than Renewal, while dealing damage as well. If you want to make Lucina a tank then go ahead and use Renewal. Ditch Rightful King for it too. Hell, use Pavise, Aegis, Dual Guard+ or whatever. You're playing Normal, so the enemies are pitifully weak anyway. I'd just have Aether around to kill enemies faster.

...Why no Dual Strike+? It's one of the best skills in the game, and the whole thing that makes Lucina special.

I don't like using Pair Up because of how it breaks the game. Naturally, I forgot about those Skills. You're right.

He probably means using Sol and Luna together as a pseudo-Aether (which doesn't work very well).

Ah, I see. Well I still don't think that it's a good idea :/ mind you I haven't tried that on Morgan so that might be something to look into at another play through :D:

No need to get sassy. Great Lord is a great class, arguably among the best in Awakening.

Plus, male and female Lords have different stat caps. Female Lords have a higher Skill and Speed, IIRC.

Aether is an incredible Skill. Combine it with Rightful King and you have yourself the best of the proc Skills (besides obviously Lethality). Aether works on Enemy Phase. Renewal does not. Aether has a chance to heal more than Renewal, while dealing damage as well. If you want to make Lucina a tank then go ahead and use Renewal. Ditch Rightful King for it too. Hell, use Pavise, Aegis, Dual Guard+ or whatever. You're playing Normal, so the enemies are pitifully weak anyway. I'd just have Aether around to kill enemies faster.

I was not being "sassy" as you put it. Wow you are really really rude :/ especially since I was pointing out what I said in the first post of the question. I don't want more than one Great Lord and that is simply the way it is going to be for this run through the game. I don't particularly care if it is "a great class" or "the best in Awakenening". I will only have one Great Lord and that will be Chrom. I don't believe I have made myself any clearer than that.

I did the numbers of male vs female Lords/Great Lords across the boad and I have to break it to you like this; Chrom is still better than Lucina overall with both losing to the max Grandmaster stats. Hence Chrom is the better choice purely because he has better lck, def and str.

I pair up Lucina with her family (mother/Chrom/sibling) at maximum support and they tend to dual guard and dual strike more often than not killing the enemy with ease without Lucina using aether. But is just purely up to luck right? I wasn't implying you didn't know that since I am pretty certain you've played the game much longer than I have *sighs*.

Edited by TheSilentChloey

I have read (from another source) that Lucina should be a Great Lord

I'm supporting this "other source." If you really didn't want her to be a Great Lord, then you should've just said so and left this out.

There are two Lords in the game. If you only want to use one, go ahead.

I was not being "sassy" as you put it. Wow you are really really rude :/ especially since I was pointing out what I said in the first post of the question. I don't want more than one Great Lord and that is simply the way it is going to be for this run through the game. I don't particularly care if it is "a great class" or "the best in Awakenening". I will only have one Great Lord and that will be Chrom. I don't believe I have made myself any clearer than that.

No. You haven't. Your attitude shines through yet again. How about this: there's a nicer way to refuse help from someone that's giving you advice. Instead of implying that my opinions are bad, you could've just ignored me or argued your point without dissing mine.

I'm supporting this "other source." If you really didn't want her to be a Great Lord, then you should've just said so and left this out.

There are two Lords in the game. If you only want to use one, go ahead.

No. You haven't. Your attitude shines through yet again. How about this: there's a nicer way to refuse help from someone that's giving you advice. Instead of implying that my opinions are bad, you could've just ignored me or argued your point without dissing mine.

By all means support said source. I have no problem with it but I was and am looking for other options for Lucina other than the Great Lord class. Obviously I didn't make that point clear enough for the second or third time. The issue that I have with your entire posts is that you are trying to force making Lucina into a Great Lord down my throat and that it is the only way to have Lucina finish as; I hate it when people are trying to force their opinion down my throat almost as much as I hate lying...which is a lot. I don't expect you to agree with me keeping Lucina from being a Great Lord/using the tactics presented in the source that I looked up and that is fine. I don't play the game the same way that you do simple at that.

If you want only one Great Lord for aesthetic reason, you could also make Chrom a Paladin (he does amazing in this class), and Lucina a Great Lord.

Otherwise, Bow Knight works for Czar's reasons.

As mentioned before I did the numbers of who was the better Great Lord and Chrom was a full 32 stat points ahead of Lucina with all of their stats combined. That is of course without taking FMU's affect on her stats brining Lucina's str down which is not good as she is already behind her father by four points of str. That said Lucina will outclass Chrom in def and res, but that is not going to help her take out enemies affectively. Even with Aether Lucina is still no where near as good as her father D: I have however read that a Hero Lucina (with aether) outdoes a Chrom!Inigo so that is something else to take into consideration if being a hero increases Luci's str.
Morgan on the other hand should be easier to work out how to finish up, I think I might try Dark Knight and see how he goes (swords and tomes LOL)
The research that I did lead me to a very upsetting conclusion. Lucina is nowhere near as good as Chrom as a Great Lord. It pains me to say that about her, but it is true. Her overall stats without FMU's mods are shitty compaired to Chrom by a good overall of -32 difference to her father without her mother's stat mods applied (and if Chrom married the maiden). And if her mother's stat mods were applied Lucina still would not be capable of out classing her father in strength the area that she really needs to outclass him in to make aether a viable attacking option. Chrom essentially does a far better damage output to Lucina; thus making her essentially redundant as a Great Lord while Chrom uses aether much better and gains more out of it than Lucina does. I have done the numbers and this is what I worked out:
The best stats are in bold the weaker stats are italic.
Chrom's total maxed out stats: 363 (283 without health)
Chrom's Stats: HP: 80, Str: 44 Mag: 30 Skl: 41 Spd: 42 Lck: 46 Def: 41 Res: 39
Lucina's total maxed out stats: 331 (251 without health & her mother's stat mods not applied)
Lucina's Stats (without Mother's stat mods): HP: 80, Str: 40 Mag: 30 Skl: 42 Spd: 44 Lck: 45 Def: 40 Res: 40
Lucina's total with mother's mods: 364 (284 without health, but she still lacks the str of Chrom)
Lucina's stats with Mother's mods applied: Hp:80 Str:39 Mag:29 Skl:42 Spd:44 Lck:44 Def:44 Res:42
FMU's likely total maxed out stats (not counting stat mods): 365 (285 without health)
FMU's likely Stats: HP: 80 Str: 40 Mag: 40 Skl: 40 Spd: 40 Lck: 45 Def:40 Res: 40
FMU's total maxed out stats(with stat mods): 368 (288 without health)
FMU's total stats: Hp: 80 Str:39 Mag:39 Skl:40 Spd:40 Lck:44 Def:44 Res:42
With numbers like that for str there is no way that Lucina would be a viable great lord. She would do better in a class with higher str caps/functioning as a tank than a great lord. It took me at least half a day or so to even get my FMU's full stat modifiers to even work this out, so I could have made some mistakes (I am only human after all). But the stats I am seeing...they are telling me that logically speaking Lucina needs a different class to end on.
Ugh, wow this was longer than intended D: I am so sorry for throwing numbers around everyone! *hides*
Edited by TheSilentChloey

Something is really not right about that math, even internally to your own computations. Lucina's stats add up to 361, 331 (did you forget to count Mag?). She's only 3 total points behind Chrom without her mother's mods.

According to the site, female Great Lord's base maximums are:

HP: 80

Str: 40

Mag: 30 Skl: 42 Spd: 44 Luk: 45 Def: 40 Res: 40

Chrom then provides her with +1 Str, Skl, Spd and Luk; as well as -1 Def and Res.

Being a kid nets her a free +1 all stats.

Female +Def/-Luk Robin gets her +4 Def and +2 Res; as well as -1 Str, -1 Mag and -1 Luk.

The end result of this is:

Str: 41

Mag: 30

Skl: 44

Spd: 46

Luk: 44

Def: 44

Res: 42

This puts her a 371 total point, a full 8 points ahead of Chrom. The offensive trade-off her is 3 points less Str (a decent gap, but not even a 10% difference in the grand scheme of things) for 4 more Spd (enough to double nearly anything, even without a Spd pair-up).

Something is really not right about that math, even internally to your own computations. Lucina's stats add up to 361, 331 (did you forget to count Mag?). She's only 3 total points behind Chrom without her mother's mods.

According to the site, female Great Lord's base maximums are:

Str: 40

Mag: 30 Skl: 42 Spd: 44 Luk: 45 Def: 40 Res: 40

Chrom then provides her with +1 Str, Skl, Spd and Luk; as well as -1 Def and Res.

Being a kid nets her a free +1 all stats.

Female +Def/-Luk Robin gets her +4 Def and +2 Res; as well as -1 Str, -1 Mag and -1 Luk.

The end result of this is:

Str: 41

Mag: 30

Skl: 44

Spd: 46

Luk: 44

Def: 44

Res: 42

This puts her a 371 total point, a full 8 points ahead of Chrom. The offensive trade-off her is 3 points less Str (a decent gap, but not even a 10% difference in the grand scheme of things) for 4 more Spd (enough to double nearly anything, even without a Spd pair-up).

As I said before I am only human so if any mistakes were made that would be because math is not my strongest suit. :sob:

I was pretty sure that I added Magic to those totals and that was what I got (I am not perfect however and mistakes do happen :(: ). FMU cancel's out Chrom's Str stat mod and since when did kids get a +1 modifier for being kids? That sounds off to me and doesn't make sense :blink: (however a quick look reveals how ignorant I am and behind the game of course)

It still doesn't change the fact that Lucina, for all intents and purposes is weaker than Chrom, with her best stats being def, res, spd and skl. I have seen plenty of conversations so far about assassins not being so great with their str and they have spd and skl as their best stats to know that it doesn't work with Luci. So she would need a different approach naturally.

I think I might have the following skills for Lucina (well I tried to narrow it down to five, but I don't know):

~Ignus

~Galeforce

~Renewal/Lifetaker

~Hit +20?

~Rightful King?

~Ageis?

~Acrobat?

~+ Movement?

Aside from that...I really don't know. The place that I was looking at had a lot of different skills but not a lot of the builds :dry:

The research that I did lead me to a very upsetting conclusion. Lucina is nowhere near as good as Chrom as a Great Lord. It pains me to say that about her, but it is true. Her overall stats without FMU's mods are shitty compaired to Chrom by a good overall of -32 difference to her father without her mother's stat mods applied (and if Chrom married the maiden).

It's not very easy to say which of the two is a "better" Great Lord when it's not even the same class- Chrom's GL has higher Str/Def than Lucina's, Lucina's has higher Spd/Skl. It's like trying to figure out who's the better mounted unit when you're comparing a Wyvern Lord and a Paladin. Additionally, with the exception of not getting Aggressor, Lucina is usually a superior unit to Chrom before factoring in class, so it's not even much of a fair comparison.

Not saying there's a right or wrong way to class them, or that Lucina should or shouldn't be a GL, just that it's not a very smooth comparison.

There is also a page here that can do calculations of character stats with classes and mods factored in, if you like.

Edited by Czar_Yoshi

It's not very easy to say which of the two is a "better" Great Lord when it's not even the same class- Chrom's GL has higher Str/Def than Lucina's, Lucina's has higher Spd/Skl. It's like trying to figure out who's the better mounted unit when you're comparing a Wyvern Lord and a Paladin. Additionally, with the exception of not getting Aggressor, Lucina is usually a superior unit to Chrom before factoring in class, so it's not even much of a fair comparison.

Not saying there's a right or wrong way to class them, or that Lucina should or shouldn't be a GL, just that it's not a very smooth comparison.

There is also a page here that can do calculations of character stats with classes and mods factored in, if you like.

Thanks for the link :D:

And yeah you do make a soild case for the comparision not being as accurate as I would like, I found it quite diffcult to even work out classes for my FMU let alone any of the kids :/

So is there a better way to compare Lucina's strengths to the classes that she can re-class into with FMU as her mother? I noticed that you did mention Bow Knight (keeping her with the Falchion) but are the other combinations that work just as well or is that the best option if I don't want to go Great Lord?

You can use multiple tabs of the same link Yoshi posted if you want to do side-by-side comparisons. Or if you navigate to the mods page + class caps page, you can do the manual work yourself (the former being a much, much simpler plan).

You can use multiple tabs of the same link Yoshi posted if you want to do side-by-side comparisons. Or if you navigate to the mods page + class caps page, you can do the manual work yourself (the former being a much, much simpler plan).

That might just have to be the plan. Too bad that Morgan would be a lot easier to find a final class for...or just as difficult as his mother :/

So is there a better way to compare Lucina's strengths to the classes that she can re-class into with FMU as her mother? I noticed that you did mention Bow Knight (keeping her with the Falchion) but are the other combinations that work just as well or is that the best option if I don't want to go Great Lord?

Here's an example on how units' strengths in various classes work:

Lucina's Spd mod with your setup is +2, while Robin's is +0. Now imagine that you're choosing between Falcon Knight and Dark Flier for them. Falcon Knight has 44 base Spd, and Dark Flier has 42 base Spd. Lucina will have 46 Spd as a Falco and 44 as a DF, and Robin will have 44/42. In the end, Lucina has a difference of 2 Spd between the choices, and so does Robin- essentially, which character you use a certain class on doesn't change the difference between that class and any others. No matter what unit you run them on, there will be a difference of 2 Spd between Dark Flier and Falcon Knight.

This is the same for all other differences between classes, including movement type and weapon access- making a switch from one class to another will never give you more or less depending on what unit you do it on. See what I'm saying?

The one time where this stops being the case is when you have a specific amount of a certain stat you know you need for something. Say you've got an enemy with 41 Spd- in Robin's case, neither class will allow her to double it, but in Lucina's case, that +2 Spd from switching to Falcon Knight makes the difference between doubling and not doubling. The change between the classes is still the same, but if it allows you to do something you know about in advance, then it can be more or less important.

This only really happens in Apotheosis and Lunatic(+), though. Stuff in Normal/Hard is generally too weak for you to come up with a plan for ahead of time, since it's much easier to just throw something at it until it dies, so you'll just have to pick classes based on what plays nicely with your skills and other unique assets (like Falchion).

If you want more ideas for Lucina, Paladin is another mounted sword user, this time trading a bit of Spd/Skl and Bow access for lots of Def/Res. Wyvern Lord is also an option; it lacks swords but has a ton of Str/Def and other common Lucinas don't get it, so it's more or less unique. You could also try Hero, which is similar to Paladin but trades some Move for some Skl, which means more Aethers, Lunas, Ignises and Sols.

Edited by Czar_Yoshi

Here's an example on how units' strengths in various classes work:

Lucina's Spd mod with your setup is +2, while Robin's is +0. Now imagine that you're choosing between Falcon Knight and Dark Flier for them. Falcon Knight has 44 base Spd, and Dark Flier has 42 base Spd. Lucina will have 46 Spd as a Falco and 44 as a DF, and Robin will have 44/42. In the end, Lucina has a difference of 2 Spd between the choices, and so does Robin- essentially, which character you use a certain class on doesn't change the difference between that class and any others. No matter what unit you run them on, there will be a difference of 2 Spd between Dark Flier and Falcon Knight.

This is the same for all other differences between classes, including movement type and weapon access- making a switch from one class to another will never give you more or less depending on what unit you do it on. See what I'm saying?

The one time where this stops being the case is when you have a specific amount of a certain stat you know you need for something. Say you've got an enemy with 41 Spd- in Robin's case, neither class will allow her to double it, but in Lucina's case, that +2 Spd from switching to Falcon Knight makes the difference between doubling and not doubling. The change between the classes is still the same, but if it allows you to do something you know about in advance, then it can be more or less important.

This only really happens in Apotheosis and Lunatic(+), though. Stuff in Normal/Hard is generally too weak for you to come up with a plan for ahead of time, since it's much easier to just throw something at it until it dies, so you'll just have to pick classes based on what plays nicely with your skills and other unique assets (like Falchion).

If you want more ideas for Lucina, Paladin is another mounted sword user, this time trading a bit of Spd/Skl and Bow access for lots of Def/Res. Wyvern Lord is also an option; it lacks swords but has a ton of Str/Def and other common Lucinas don't get it, so it's more or less unique. You could also try Hero, which is similar to Paladin but trades some Move for some Skl, which means more Aethers, Lunas, Ignises and Sols.

I heard that Lucina was better as a hero than Inigo. Those are some pretty interesting sets. I am thinking of potentially finishing FMU as a Sorcerer and then getting Morgan (giving him Galeforce of course :D:) towards the end of the game perhaps.

What are the most common Morgan sets? And are they any good?

Since Lucina commonly runs both Aether and Luna and Inigo usually just runs Luna (or Vengeance), Lucina typically has more to gain from Hero's high Skl than Inigo does, but there are also a lot more female units who like Hero supports than there are males who like them, so it somewhat balances out. Either one can make a good Hero, the trick is just to play to their strengths.

If you want to use Robin as a Sorc, go ahead. Chrom is usually more suited to hyper-offensive pairs thanks to his Dual Strike+, though, so Sorc may not be making the most of his potential as a support. It'll still serve you well, though (as long as you stay away from Apotheosis- Sorcs don't work very well there).

For Morgan-M? On nogrind playthroughs on higher difficulties, he's often used as a Warrior, which turns the final boss into a joke. Otherwise, since he's likely to be one of your better units you'll just want to emphasize mobility so he has a better chance of being able to be where you need him. Dark Knight is still one of the better options for this, but if you were fine with not using his Mag (he's likely to have a lot of it), you can make him a Wyvern Lord instead. Maybe give him a Bolt Axe, too (you get one from Renown, one from Cht.21's boss and can buy lots from Spotpass->FE8->L'arachel).

Keep in mind, though, that with DLC it's really easy to just keep switching classes, so you might want to just try out different things and see what works best. It'll give you a much better idea of what you want than listening to me will, for sure.

Since Lucina commonly runs both Aether and Luna and Inigo usually just runs Luna (or Vengeance), Lucina typically has more to gain from Hero's high Skl than Inigo does, but there are also a lot more female units who like Hero supports than there are males who like them, so it somewhat balances out. Either one can make a good Hero, the trick is just to play to their strengths.

If you want to use Robin as a Sorc, go ahead. Chrom is usually more suited to hyper-offensive pairs thanks to his Dual Strike+, though, so Sorc may not be making the most of his potential as a support. It'll still serve you well, though (as long as you stay away from Apotheosis- Sorcs don't work very well there).

For Morgan-M? On nogrind playthroughs on higher difficulties, he's often used as a Warrior, which turns the final boss into a joke. Otherwise, since he's likely to be one of your better units you'll just want to emphasize mobility so he has a better chance of being able to be where you need him. Dark Knight is still one of the better options for this, but if you were fine with not using his Mag (he's likely to have a lot of it), you can make him a Wyvern Lord instead. Maybe give him a Bolt Axe, too (you get one from Renown, one from Cht.21's boss and can buy lots from Spotpass->FE8->L'arachel).

Keep in mind, though, that with DLC it's really easy to just keep switching classes, so you might want to just try out different things and see what works best. It'll give you a much better idea of what you want than listening to me will, for sure.

I see. I haven't really used Inigo so I am not familiar with his strengths. Lucina I am more familiar with because I tend not to bench her.

It is a toss up between Sorcerer and Grandmaster. I think if I finish FMU as a Socerer it would give Validar some nice painful irony (being put down at his strongest while FMU has so much res he can only do 0 damage :XD:

I will have to have a lot of fun with Dark Knight Morgan then (at least once) it should be fairly easy to get him to level up with good training (thank goodness for DLC :D:). Bolt Axes are the axes that rely on mag instead of str right?