So what is your current top 10(or 5) favorite games of all time? Now with the Total Stats for most common games

Locke087

1. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

2. The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

3. Dragon Quest VI: Realms of Revelation

4. Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade

5. Dragon Quest VII: Fragments of the Forgotten Past

6. Touhou Eiyashou ~ Imperishable Night

7. The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask

8. Touhou Shinpiroku ~ Urban Legend in Limbo

9. Fire Emblem: The Blazing Blade

10. The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass

Edit: Adding Honorable Mentions because I can

Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride

Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King

Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies

Pokémon Black Version 2

Pokémon White Version

Pokémon Alpha Sapphire

The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes

The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks

The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones

Touhou Chireiden ~ Subterranean Animism

Touhou Youyoumu ~ Perfect Cherry Blossom

Touhou Shinkirou ~ Hopeless Masquerade

Touhou Puppet Dance Performance

Edited by Glaceon Mage

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Persona 3

2. Persona 4

3. Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas

4. Phoenix Wright: Trials and Tribulations

5. Street Fighter 3: Third Strike

6. Grand Theft Auto IV

7. Trails in the Sky

8. Pokemon White 2 (played this in japanese and still found it amazing)

9. Pokemon Ruby

10. Ketsui

making a list sure was hard but think this is it. Actually started playing SF 3 recently but have grown to love it quite a bit

1. Ride to Hell: Retribution

2. Rambo: The Videogame

3. Sonic '06

4. Dungeon Keeper Mobile

5. Air Traffic Control Simulator

1. Knights In The Nightmare (probably, I really like the Witcher too)

2. The Witcher 3

3. Fallout 4

4. Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen

5. Rune Factory 4

6. Fallout: New Vegas

7. Hotline Miami (Wrong Number is great too)

8. Luigi's Mansion

9. Xenoblade

10. Need For Speed: Underground 2

Not EXACT placement, but, this works fine.

A few others would be:

Just Cause 2

Far Cry 4

Transistor

Binding of Isaac: Rebirth

Kid Icarus: Uprising

Bioshock Infinite (and the first is also really great)

GTA V, IV (I'm working on playing III, Vice City, and San Andreas currently)

Persona 4

Burnout Paradise

... ehhhh, I'll stop here. I don't want this list to go too long.

Edited by Disinnocence

Top 5 in no particular order

Shinobi III

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night

Super Castlevania IV

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Capcom vs. SNK 2

And from onwards, I am not sure. There are many games I enjoy.

I always hate making lists like these.

1. Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island

Everything about this game, to me, is the height of perfection. Nintendo really knew what they were doing, and it shows when even something like moving right is fun. The level design is perfectly suited to Yoshi's aresenal of moves, and they all feel fun and unique. I can't think of any negatives. Really

2. Chrono Trigger / Xenoblade Chronicles

I'm torn between these two, because there isn't enough space on the list for both of them. They all play the JRPG genre really well, and makes other games really rahter shy in comparison. The world, combat, and characters of each game are incredibly unforgettable, and whilst Xenoblade hasn't yet, I have little doubt that, like Chrono Trigger, it's going to shape the genre for the next 20 years.

3. The Legend of Zelda (Majora's Mask, Wind Waker, A Link Between Worlds, Link's Awakening)

It's of little surprise, based on my avatar, that I really love Zelda. My favourite 3D zelda is tied between WW and MM, the former of which offers a great sense of adventure and discovery on the open sea with genuinely amazing visuals that hold up today, and always will, and the later offering, which I think I've stated before, the perfect fusion of setting, plot and mechanics of any game ever, with a gripping premise that has never before made me as throughly invested in my role as a hero. Every single I save Romani, and it's not because the game offers me anything, it's because I can't stand the thought of her being abducted again. As for 2D, it's tied between ALWB and LA, with the former providing possibly the best exploration and dungeon progression in the series, with really interesting secrets and ample reason for multiple playthroughs, and the later providing a down to earth examination of Link as a characters, that provides a compact little world brimming with content and intersting itme combinations. rant over.

4. Shin Megami Tensei (P3F, DeSu, SMT: SJ, SMT 2)

SMT is my favourite RPG series, and for good reason. I absolutely love recruiting and fusing demons to fight epic bosses. P3F, is, no contest, the ultimte Persona experince. I prefer it to P4 because it "feels" more like a main series SMT game, with moon cycles, main series demons, dog companions, and only controlling one party member, whilst almost universally a panned aspect, makes it feel more like SMT. DeSu is probably the most faithful SMT spinoff, and the fact that it manages to do that whilst being a VN/SRPG crossover really speaks tonnes about it's design. It's also one of the most gripping games I've ever played, as I really felt a part of the lockdown, and offered much more interesting characterisation than it's sequel, showing off completely societal breakdown. SJ and 2 I like for the same reason. Really solid SMT good stuff. Consider it blasphemy 3 isn't here, but I don't give af. The portable nature of SJ worked well with me, and 2, well, I just prefer it to 3. I said it.

5. Radiant Historia

Chrono Trigger on crack cocaine. I love it. It plays with the concept of turns so well, that it makes me want every game to play like this. The party members are all great, and it contained moments that I couldn't believe what I was watching. Oh Kiel, you poor bastard.

6. Metroid (everything except 1/2)

Metroidvania is a term that annoys me, because Metroid is so much better designed then Castlevania. Each game contains ample secrets all of which are useful, and have some of the best atmosphere in a game I've ever played. A lot of games have "scary enemies" or something. Metroid really does howeve, have truely terrifying moments. Whilst it's somewhat absent from Zero Mission, Super, Fusion, Am2R(even though it's not offical), and to a lesser extent, have moments with make my blood curdle. Especially Fusion. That game has so many elements of terror, that if it was first-person, I have little doubt would be classified as a horror game.

7. Phantom Brave

I prefer the free roam system in this over the tiles in Disgaea. I don't dislike Tiles, but I like how this system can be exploited. The game also does a good job of making the player hate the game world. This is good. Every single character is scared of and hates Marona, and it makes me livid. I wanted to kill them, the people who I was supposed to be saving. When I was playing through PH, and that thought crossed my mind, I realised I was playing something special.

8. Fire Emblem (FE6, FE5, FE12, FE4)

I don't think I need to justify this. Even though 6 lacks variance in map objectives, I just really like it. I don't know why, but I really enjoy it. 12 is really solid and contains some of my favourite characters in the series. 4 and 5 have that map variety and whatnot that makes them superd brain busters in strategy. 5 is in my opinion, probably the best, but for some reason, I just prefer 6.

9. Mario and Lugi: Bowser's Inside Story

The optimy of the mario RPG sub-series. The game is downright hilarious, and I never once stopped having fun. I love all the characters, and it brings some great characterisation to the Mario characters that I never realised I needed before playing Mario RPGs. They know what they're making, and they play it up so well. Mario and Luigi are blitering idiots, and Bowser is a muscle-brained ignoramus. Seeing the three of them having to team up, even without Bowser knowing it, brings a smile to my face that I can never wipe up. Also Bowser is actually shown to be somewhat competent in fights, and I really like that the games goes to the extent it does to show off Bowser's power that isn't showed in the platformers.

10. Sin and Punishment: Succesor of the Skies

Shoot 'em Ups are definitely one of the favourite genres of all time, and this game is by far it's magnum opus. The poiner controls work absolutely perfectly for this genre, and it creates enemy patterns that would simply be impossible to beat with a joystick, making the game a blast to play. The inclusion of melee weapons, with mixed results in other games like Treasure's own Radiant Silvergun, is used to it's full potential here and makes it incredibly satisfying. In the first week I got this game, I beat it 4 times. That's saying something alright.

Honourable Mentions

- Valkyrie Profile

- Pokémon Black and White / Emerald

- Hydorah / Gradius 3

- Seiken Densetsu 3

- Mega Man 2 / 3 / 4 / 7 / 9 / X

- Pandora's Tower

- Azure Dreams

- Final Fantasy 5 / 9

- Etrian Odyssey 2

- Super Smash Brothers Melee

I'm going to count VNs on a seperate list because some people don't consider them "games".

1. Zero Escape (999, VLR)

999 is one hell of an experience, as it's sequel Virtue's Last Reward. There were times in 999 where my heart was racing, and I was actually sweating. And it's a game that is almost entirely reading. That is the mark of good writing and sound direction. VLR didn't have the same kind of impact on me as 999, but I certainly felt more than uncomfortable at times, and had far more vicious puzzles than it's prequel. Both games offers complete mysteries of plots that puts NGE to shame. Uncovering the secrets of these games was like uncovering the secrets of the universe, mixed in with an extremely hardcore life-and-death drama that leaves you on the edge of your set at every oppurtunity. 999 differs from VLR in that it nevers shows an graphic events, and instead offers very graphic descriptions of the event, with some obscure angle on the action, like a disfigured hand or leg. This, to me at least, made these scenes even more powerful, as not only did we get a stomach churning description of the scene, but the hiddne factor makes your imagination run wild, and you end up creeping yourself out.

2. Science Adventure (C;H, S;G)

Despite having an incredibly stupid name, these VNs are great. I give the slighest advantage of Chaos;Head. Whatever you do though, don't think that the anime adapation is way to get the plot without a massive time sink. It is complete garbage, and ravages the plot in ways beyonf belief. What I enjoy most about it, is how much it makes you enter the protagonist's view. The outside world seems genuinely scary, what with serial killers, crazy stalker chicks, angsty girls with giant swords and a wheel chair bound possible killer that no one else can see. Steins;Gate is good too. But everyone saw the anime adaption, so there's not point in talking about it, apart from the fact that 80% of the game is looking at a cell phone.

3. Little Busters!

Didn'y expect this one did you? This game is revered for a reason. It's touches my black little heart. I've never been one for "the power of friendship" plots, but this one did it right. It made me love everyone, and wrapped it all up in the best way possible, with a good few crumpled tissues along the way. No, bad boy, not like that.

4. Ace Attorney (1,T&T)

Nothing I can say about this series that hasn't been said already. Sloving gory murder cases is made all the more better with an eccentric and colourful cast, and catchy music. 1 is my favourite of the bunch because of it's perfect pacing, even if some of the cases are a bit bad. The final case is one of my favourite finales of a game ever, and really makes the player feel like they've come a long way, taking down the most revered Prosecutor of all time, when not a few hours ago, they were taking on their very first case. 3's cool in that it gives us some of Mia Fey's cases, and as such, gives a good sense of closure to the original trilogy.

5. Higurashi

Higurashi. Higurashi. OH boy. I've only played the first game, but from what I played I don't think I'll be revisting the series again anytime soon. This game is called a "sound novel" for it's reliance on sounds and music rather than visuals, and that's the perfect description of this game. The first scene of this VN sent shivers down my spine, and made me feel incredibly uncomfortable, so much so that I didn't feel completely safe for a good while of reading afterwards. And that was the tamest scene of them all. I love this VN because it made me hate me.

6. G-Senjou no Maou

I'm a big fan of VNs, and it annoys me that a lot of companies feel the need to make their game an eroge. I understand the reason. It's the genre's beginning, and some people expect them to be every VN. Personally, they really put me off the VN. Countless VNs have been runied for me because of H scenes, (not romance ones however) and it's great that it didn't happen with this one. It's great. It's got Death Note's writer, so that's already a massive boon. It's got detectives and murder. I don't feel like I need to say more.

7. Dangan Ronpa: Hope's Academy and Despair's Students

Whilst I really enjoyed the game, I didn't enjoy it as much as others, and to be frank, as soon as Tumblr started liking this game it started to put me off it. It's still good though, but I wish it took more risks (not saying that it didn't take any, it did) in it's setting. Oh. It's a high school setting. Whopee. The sound direction is near perfection however, and I really enjoy that the game had the balls to kill of major characters in it's canon ending, unlike Zero Escape, which is that series biggest complaint.

8. I/O

I love this VN. The relationships bewteen the four different routes is really great, and I really enjoy that each route features it's own character. I don't really want to go over it too much, because I think it's criminally underrated, but like any good VN, it had moments that made my jaw drop.

9. Professor Layton (CV, LF, SC)

At first, everyone thought these games were simple excuses for puzzles, only fun for "old people". This couldn't be farther from the truth, the games have fantastic mystery plots, that all feature from really great puzzle solving that have some real head scratchers in there. The only real problem I have with the series is that the plots get kind of predictable after a while, as they all follow the same kind of structure. The relationship between Layton and Luke is almost reason enough to play these games, as it's one of the sweetest things I've ever seen that has one hell of a finish.

10. Swan Song

I like this VN for the same reason I like I/O and Devil Survivor. Societal collapse. It's a great examination of humanity and surviving (at least I found it to be), but is also suffers from G-Senjou's problem. H-scenes. I seems rather harsh, and almost child like, and whilst it does fit into it's themes a lot better than other VNs (and it's one of the reasons I find them bearable), it still is rather jarring.

Honourable Mentions

- Maji de Watashi ni Koi Shinasai (shut up about h-scenes. Since it's romance it's "acceptable")

- Katawa Shoujo

- Muv-Luv

- Kara no Shoujo

- Cross†Channel

- Fate/Stay Night

- Mahoutsukai no Yoru

I only now realise after writing an essay that nobody is going to read this. Ah well.

Edited by Splodge

Great Lists guy and gals, and now after doing the stats I was able to deuce the following a Fire Emblem Forum's favorite game series is actually Fire Emblem, though Zelda is sneaking up on it...

Ok, I'm gonna try and do this. I will say that I have two number 1 games, so please don't make me choose which one is better.

1) Xenoblade Chronicles and Radiant Historia- Both games are truly amazing, and have incredible characters, amazing plots and beautiful games. Whilst Xenoblade is better objectively, Radiant Historia means a lot to me, which is why I cannot decide between the two.

3) Golden Sun: The Broken Seal- I love this series so much. Started with Dark Dawn, then got a bootleg copy of the original. I now own, and am playing through, legit copies of the Original and Lost Age.

4) Chrono Trigger- Again, another RPG Classic, and one which I'm enjoying very much.

5) Final Fantasy Tactics A2- I actually really enjoyed this game. So much content and the battling was really fun! Plot slightly weak, but ah well.

6) Ace Attorney: Trails and Tribulations- Nostalgia talking, but the Ace Attorney series is amazing. Characters are good, the cases and the writing are excellent and it's so fun! :D

7) Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume- A slightly controversial choice, I know. I am only on the second chapter, but the difficulty is good (though that difficulty spike in the hardest version of chapter two!), the characters are interesting and battling has proven to be rather fun.

8) Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones- First Fire Emblem, and one which I really enjoyed.

9) Virtue's Last Reward- Love this game! Plot, characters and puzzles were really good.

10) A Link Between Worlds- Suprisingly enjoyed this game!

This is sort of hard. I couldn't list in order or even just 10. I'll list 15 in no real order. No repeats so as to convey everything I like.

Xenoblade Chronicles

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Trials and Tribulations

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Animal Crossing

Mother 3

Fire Emblem: Awakening

Pokemon Gold/Silver

Super Smash Bros for Wii U

Suikoden II

Kid Icarus: Uprising

Kirby's Epic Yarn

Super Mario Galaxy

Sonic Adventure 2: Battle

Metroid: Other M (sue me)

Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island

Honorable Mentions to Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy XIII

It'd be hard to explain them all, but I think that this is probably the best list I can make.

Edited by Freyjadour

In no particular order I'll list my favorite series and rankings for the games I've played in those series.

Crash Bandicoot (Warped>Twinsanity>2>1>Wrath of Cortex>Titans>Mind Over Mutant) Not counting racing, party, or handheld titles

Spyro the Dragon (2>3>1>Hero's Tail>>>>>Enter the Dragonfly) Never played the handheld titles

Metal Gear Solid (3>4>2>1) Haven't played V or any non-numbered titles

Fire Emblem (Sacred Stones>Blazing Sword>Awakening>undefined below this point) Haven't played Gaiden, Thracia, or New Mystery(12), never finished Mystery(3)

Jak and Daxter (Precursor Legacy>3>2>Daxter>>>>>Lost Frontier) Jak X is a spinoff so I don't count it.

Ratchet and Clank (Up Your Arsenal>Crack in Time>Going Commando>1>Secret Agent Clank>Size Matters) Haven't played Tools of Destruction, Quest for Booty, or Into the Nexus

Legend of Zelda (Link to the Past>Link Between Worlds>Ocarina of Time>Skyward Sword>Zelda 2>Zelda 1) Never finished Link's Awakening, haven't played any other games in the series

Lego Licensed Games (Star Wars>Harry Potter>Indiana Jones>>>>>Everything else) I found plenty of the games released rather mediocre (especially Pirates of the Caribbean) and I encountered way too many glitches in later titles.

Sly Cooper (3>4>2>1)

And those are pretty much the only game series I have played a substantial number of games in.

1. Awakening

2. Age of Empires II

3. Project M (SSB4 if that doesn't count, but it'll be way lower on the list)

4. Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky

5. Xenoblade

6. Paper Mario TTYD

7. Donkey Kong 64

8. Ocarina of Time

9. Pokemon X&Y

10. Minecraft

Same-series HMs to Shadow Dragon, Brawl (for the vault and SSE, not the gameplay), Super Paper Mario/PM64, TWW and FRLG/DPPt. Also Mario Kart DS, though there isn't already a MK game on my list.

1. Devil May Cry (all of them, really... except DmC)

2. Undertale

3. Bloodborne

4. Persona 4 Ultimax

5. Metal Gear 3

6. Genealogy of the Holy War

7. Awakening

8. Pokemon Omega Ruby/Emerald (tied kind of)

9. Dragon Age Origins

10. Bayonetta/Okami

No rankings for me. I'll just list my favorites.

- The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

- Ace Combat 04: Shattered Skies

- Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Trials and Tribulations

- Deus Ex

- Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War

- Spyro the Dragon

- Tales of Symphonia

- Resident Evil 4

- Castlevania: Rondo of Blood

- F-Zero GX

• 3 weeks later...

I'm going to revive this:

10: The Logical Adventure of the Zoombinis (PC)

9: Fire Emblem (GBA)

8: Fallout 3 (Xbox 360)

7: Portal (Xbox 360)

6: Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean (NGC)

5: Bioshock (Xbox 360)

4: Final Fantasy VI Advance (GBA)

3: Tales of Vesperia (Xbox 360)

2: Baten Kaitos Origins (NGC)

1: Borderlands 2 (Xbox 360)

Sounds about right. Honourary mentions go to Madden '01 and Madden '09, NHL '04 (that and Madden '01 were part of my childhood), MMBN4:RS (I love that series and Red Sun started it off) and Starfox Adventures (what a fun game, it was Zelda for Starfox).

This is tough, but here's what I've come up with. Honorable mentions from the same series and/or notes are in parentheses.

1. The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker (Skyward Sword) GameCube

2. Super Mario Galaxy (Bowser's Inside Story/Thousand Year Door) Wii

3. Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate (Likely to be replaced by Monster Hunter X) 3DS

4. Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver (Emerald) DS

5. Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn (Awakening) Wii

6. Earthbound/Mother 2 (Mother 3) SNES

7. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Dual Destinies) GBA

8. Super Metroid (Prime) SNES

9. Project M (SSB4) Wii

10. Kid Icarus: Uprising 3DS

A couple honorable mentions from other series are Star Wars Battlefront 2 and Sonic Colors.

Edited by TheAssassinMercenary

I know I made one like a month ago, but here's an actual top 10 instead of 15:

1. Xenoblade Chronicles

2. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Trials and Tribulations

3. Kid Icarus: Uprising

4. Fire Emblem: Awakening

5. Pokemon Gold/Silver or Emerald (okay maybe like half the series)

6. Kirby's Epic Yarn

7. Super Smash Bros for Wii U

8. Suikoden II

9. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD

10. Sonic Adventure 2 Battle

Honorable Mentions to Final Fantasy X, Mother 3, and Super Mario Galaxy.

Edited by Freyjadour

1.Earthbound

2.Super Metroid

3.Chrono Trigger

4.Ocarina of Time

5.Final Fantasy 7

Whenever I do these I feel dumb because my favorites are always things I played growing up so I guess it's easier to have a special attachment to them. I still have plenty of favorites that are recent at least.

1. Diablo 2 (PC)

2. Age of Empires 2 + Expansion (PC)

3. Unreal Tournament 2k4 (PC)

4. Timesplitters: Future Perfect (Xbox)

5. Warcraft 3 + Expansion (PC)

6. Medieval II: Total War + Kingdoms Expansion (PC)

7. Neverwinter Nights (PC)

8. Freelancer (PC)

9. Fallout Games - 1, 2, 3, NV, 4 (PC)

10. Demon's Souls/Dark Souls I/II/Bloodborne (PS3/PC/PC/PS4)

FE2 (NES) for my FE game somewhere below this. So pretty much all PC games with some exceptions.