WYR season1. Would you rather...? This edition's FINAL QUESTION: "would you rather host or not host WYR?"

do you want to host this lame knockoff thread  

8 members have voted

1. 1. do you

This turned into a better question than I thought! XD

More food questions, Shep! They seem to be saying... :p

If it comes right down to it... A homemade sandwich over a homemade soup... I am likely going to go with Soup for the comfort and warmth...

If I need it quick and on the go though... Sandwich. So for me Sandwich wins due to being able to eat hot or cold, whenever and wherever...

I was once... A sandwich ARTIST... XD

----

Serious introspection question now... :o

Current Question:

Q25. Would you rather, learn from multiple failures or only have minor success?

Edited by TheErrantShepherd

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm... difficult question. I feel like failure is a natural thing we should expect, and therefore, learn from when we do fail. So the first option. I would just prefer one failure though tbh.

Edited by MidoriMage

Yeah that's tough because while it's natural to fail a lot, I am really afraid of failure because I'm really afraid of harsh judgements. It's probably almost to the point of anxiety, if not actually anxiety. Meanwhile, I'm also really not ambitious and as long as I have comfort and don't have a bunch of failure pressuring me, I'd be fine living that way.

So basically the first answer sounds like the RIGHT answer, but the second one is something I wouldn't mind at all. I wouldn't mind a total ordinary life as long as it brought comfort to me at the very least.

Though I guess I've mostly been considering this question with a career-related mindset. But if it came to stuff like "success in making friends" "success in my relationship" I'd be afraid of the former because that would mean hurting those people a lot in order to git gud at dealing with friends. If minimal success meant "just having a couple friends" I'd be totally fine with that. However if that applied to "only having a very slightly successful relationship with someone" that's something I really don't want to have. It's not good enough if me and the other person are only slightly satisfied. Meanwhile I don't also want to keep making mistakes that hurt someone in order for me to git gud at relationships :C I don't think I could choose one method or the other when it comes to that.

Can I just answer this question wrt cooking or something I wouldn't mind becoming amazing at cooking from making a bunch of mistakes

Edited by Tamamitsune

Minor success would be almost a balanced ± 0 lifestyle, which would suit me just fine. Then again, learning from mistakes would evolve me more as a person and enable possible bigger successes after the failures. Besides, a complete plain life without any pits or peaks would probably be boring on the long run perspective.

So my answer is learn from multiple failures.

Some good responses on this one. :)

Thanks for all those thoughts, some were rather inspirational. (and hell, who doesn't need that from time to time?)

Personally... While there is a part of me, afraid of failing, and disappointing not only myself but those around me... I don't wanna be mediocre.

Scraping by, just doing the bare minimum... It leaves me feeling unfulfilled after a bit. I would rather lean from my mistakes and become something better, grow and move forward... Rather than accept only minor success... When I and others around me see that I am capable of much more.

----

Next up.

Current Question:

Q26. Would you rather, be a greater LOVER or a greater FIGHTER?

Lover btw, isn't restricted to just sexual love. It could also refer to love of people in general, being a peacemaker... Perhaps? Anyways, interpretation is part of the fun. ;)

Fighter as well, could be interpreted in different ways. Fighting injustice... Fighting enemies, fighting for oneself, fighting for enemies? Resiliency, and not giving up? I dunno... My thoughts on the words at least... :)

Edited by TheErrantShepherd

I want to be a lover, but I have a feeling I'm going to be a fighter when it comes down to it.

Edited by Makaze

Fighter, not even a contest. You'd have to pay me to pick something that I already am anyways...plus being able to fight would be awesome.

fighter

love can't help you survive in a zombie apocalypse

I will love the zombies so much that they will love me too and will refuse to eat/kill me

but no really it's not impossible for a "lover" to survive a zombie apocalypse through loving, it's just achieved through more indirect and not quite as reliable methods

(like take undertale for example~!)

Edited by Tamamitsune

Fighter

I'm a fine friend to my friends as is, don't really like dealing with people (who aren't already friends or at least friends of friends, and family) in general and I have no interest in pursuing romantic love anyway, just give me more punching power

Edited by Thor Odinson