WYR season1. Would you rather...? This edition's FINAL QUESTION: "would you rather host or not host WYR?"

do you want to host this lame knockoff thread  

8 members have voted

1. 1. do you

You could probably make lots of money flying people around.

I'd rather be neither, but if I'd have to choose I'd go with superman. Batman's money is tempting.

but theres probably more money being wayne. also less effort

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

K. Lots of cool responses... Let's try a new one.

Would you rather, fight a shark or a bear?

-Me... The bear. Chances are I wouldn't drown fighting a bear, O may have some sort of weapon at my disposal too... And I know some different techniques for bears... Such as playing dead or making noise that I could at least try...

What the hell do you do though for sharks in the ocean? Or outside of it? Sharknado? XD

Edited by TheErrantShepherd

shark b/c I could possibly just get out of the water

bears can swim so you're fucked anywhere you go

edit: also sharks are nice and don't attack humans unless there's a reason to, like a surfer's shadow looking like a giant turtle or something

Edited by Ciarre

I would fight a shark because you didn't specify that it had to be in the water and that is an easy choice >:D. Bears can swim, climb and run fast, sharks can only swim and not be as cool as whales.

shark b/c I could possibly just get out of the water

bears can swim so you're fucked anywhere you go

edit: also sharks are nice and don't attack humans unless there's a reason to, like a surfer's shadow looking like a giant turtle or something

Bears don't attack humans unless there's a reason to either! Your neighbour's pet dog is more likely to kill you than a bear encounter, animals that have lost their fear of humans (like the domestic dog) are much more dangerous to us than "wild" animals. Usually they'll leave you alone unless you're close to their den/cubs or close enough that they think you're threatening them; even then most bears would probably run away. Bears don't consider humans food and they definitely don't consider us worth attacking unless it's the only option, very few mammals do. Probably because they've learned to associate us with getting shot in the head...lol.

The domestic dog is actually the mammal most likely to attack a human with the intent to kill (and least likely to attack a human as prey, that just makes it scarier!). I think tigers are the ones most likely to kill a human as actual prey/food source.

Edited by Tangerine

as i would probably die in both encounters, id choose the shark as it'd probably be less painful. the bear would just maul the shit out of me and i'd die in pain while the shark would just bite my head off or something.

Shark for reasons stated above: i coooould just stand on somewhere dry and where the shark can't reach and toss harpoons like it's 1700s or something (actually I really like sharks so i really wouldn't fight a shark anyway unless my life depended on it) but i don't really think i have a chance against a bear

It really depends on how close to shore I am with the Shark and how close to civilization I am with a bear. Also, I guess it depends on the kind of bear and the kind of shark, because I doubt a Panda bear would be willing to chase me that far through the woods and I wouldn't feel threatened by a whale shark. I guess overall, I am more comfortable on land than I am in water, so bear maybe? I dunno.

Which one I would fight? First my definition of fight (in this scenario)-Hide till an opportunity presents itself to run lol

My mobility in the water isn't as well on land so I would fight the bear. My first primal instinct is to wait until a clear opening to run to my next hiding spot while throwing objects (rocks, sticks) in the opposite direction to distract the bear lol until I reach a safe distance. My response would be different if I had a weapon though, cause there would be no way I could wrestle a bear with my bare hands. I just hope I am never in this position in real life XD

Your neighbour's pet dog is more likely to kill you than a bear encounter

Is that along the lines of "you're more likely to get killed by a vending machine than a shark" because very few people go close to sharks at all, especially not whilst in water, or is saying the encounter with the bear has already happened and your chances of then surviving it is more likely than the neighbour's dog?

I hear... Chihuahuas can be real Bitches to deal with. ;p

New question.

Would you rather be set on Fire or thrown into an Arctic Sea?

-I have to think about my answer for this one... :0

Edited by TheErrantShepherd

Hmm. Well. If I had a chance to get out of the sea, I'd rather go with that. I mean, I'd probably still freeze to death, but since cold is so numbing I kinda imagine dying of hypothermia might not be so bad compared to being lit on fire.

If I can't get out of the sea, it's a lot tougher, since drowning seems awful too. But I think I'd still go with that. I can't imagine the smoke from the fire suffocating me would be much more pleasant.

I can be set on fire anywhere, like next to a lake, waterfall, firestation. If I'm stuck in the arctic ocean, it'd be difficult to get out, especially if I fell off a boat, through the ice, etc. Those scenarios seem even more dangerous to me. Plus, there's always good ol' stop, drop and roll.

Then again, I did always want to travel up North, to the arctic, and see the sights. But then I'd be at risk of the previous question, encountering a bear or a shark. Maybe I'll find the fortress of solitude and become Superman.

It might be easier to survive being set on fire. I can see myself being set on fire, than immediately taking the ice bucket challenge. Being on the arctic and in a lake I guess you can die of hypothermia even if you get out.

I'm fine with being set on fire and then being cast in the arctic ocean.

tbh, being set on fire is the least terrible choice since there are many water supplies around, although I'd be with Darth Vader scars for the rest of my life.

i don't even want to be near a small flame and i can swim (arctic is still greatly unpreferable)

water it is

but mainly just because I greatly dislike being in physical proximity of fire even when it's not harming me, let alone being actually lit on it

Edited by Thor Odinson