Favorite and Least Favorite Classes?

CooledEvergreen

My favorite class is the Mage class line, or to be more specific, the GBA mage class line. I just simply find the animations of the Mages and Sages attacking and evading to be exciting to watch, and are my personal favorite.

My least favorite class line is the Cavailar class line. I just find them boring. One of the reasons why I like the Fire Emblem is the battles that take place, as units get spectacular attacks. The Cavaliar class line gets a horse they ride and it neighs and jumps when crits. I simply don't find that very exciting. It also does not help that I find a lot of characters that are Cavaliars to be very samey, with the character trait of "Very serious and patriotic that thinks their country and their king/queen is the bee's kness".

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My favorite is the Cavalier class line or the Mage class line. Those 2 classes have been consistently good in every game (the games I've played anyway), imo. And I think people who can ride a horse/use magic are cool. Dracoknight is 2nd favorite and only loses to those two because Dracoknight units usually have less availability than them.

Least favorite class line is probably Fighter. I don't think there's any Fighter unit that turned out good that I've used, with the exception being Nolan. And maybe Boyd.

This should have been a poll, btw.

Edited by RidellCrimea

Favorite class is easily dracoknight/ the wyvern rider lines, mostly because of the dragons but also because they tend to be good units.

Least favorite is probably the knight line, mostly for aesthetic reasons. I think the only knight designs I've liked were the Tellius ones.

Most Favorite: Shaman/Druid, I love my dark magic types and Dark Mages/Sorcerers aren't nearly as cool. Next would either be Lords or Pegasus Knights probably.

Least Favorite: Knights and then probably fighters. I've at least used a couple fighter types (Boyd and Nolan), but I never seem to use knights.

Favorite: Pegasus Knights. Most of the characters in the class tend to be cute, and good units at the same time. I'm also pretty fond of Mages and healers (primarily females).

Least favorite: Fighters. Aside from Nolan, Boyd, and Barst, the majority of them aren't very good. And then there's the classes associated with Berserkers, as well as Berserkers themselves, for much the same reason (Largo and Hawkeye are pretty much the only good ones; also, Fates in particular dealt a massive blow to my opinion of Berserkers, as if it weren't low enough beforehand). Oh, and I'm also not a fan of Trueblades (or at least Radiant Dawn's Trueblades; thank mandatory Failstra. I certainly do.). Taguels suck so bad, I almost pity them.

Edited by Levant Colthearts

Favorite: Sages. Love magic and Sages are awesome and helpful at the same time. Also, it seems every Fire Emblem I play, my favorite characters are the sages/bishops. Lena, Merrich, Sety, Asvel, Levin, Ricken, tons more.

Least favorite: Going to have to agree with everyone here, fighters.

Favorites: Vanguard, Great Knight, Peg Knight line, Gold Knight, Silver Knight, Dracoknight line. I like just about every mounted class. :3 Vanguard is my only fav that doesn't belong in that category, because Ike is simply badass in this one. <3

My least favorites are the Myrmidon line and Thief line. I just don't like using them because they die on me a lot. There are a few that don't though, thankfully.

My favourite class has always been the mage/sage line. Good units, able to attack at range and targetting resistance. They're also very stylish with their fancy capes.

My least favourite class is probably the fighter. I don't dislike them for gameplay reasons, but they often bore me, which limits the amount of fighters I use.

Favorite: Heroes (all around units in almost every stat and growths, easily trainable and acessible, have great characters in them and have some great skills like Sol and Armshtrift)

Least favorite: Archer (It makes sense for them to attack from 1 space away but that leaves them vulnerable to pretty much anything, their stats and growths are nothing to write home about and their skills within all FE games with skills I've played (Sacred Stones and Awakening) suck compared to other abilities within those games).

Favorite: Pegasus Knights. Movement range plus rescue utility makes them an asset. If you find a Delphi/Iote's shield, they're practically unstoppable.

Least Favorite: Believe it or not, I've never really been able to use thieves properly. Sure they're useful for stealing and for opening chests, but in order to get to that point that need to also have some durability and some combat utility (at least before they promote)

My favs are tied between Thieves and Mages since those are usually holding my favorite characters in the series, plus for gameplay they both do interesting stuff.

Least favorite is probably Knights, a lot of them are boring and most are pretty bad units.

Favourite: Myrmidon, Pegasus Knight, and Wyvern/Dracoknight. Myrms for aesthetic, Wyverns for usefulness, and Pegs for a solid in-between.

Least Favourite: Knight. Big, overly chunky and silly designs, along with generally being pretty awful and serving a role that I heavily dislike using. Not even once.

Favorite - Dread Fighter. Aesthetically it's awesome in its design and animations, and gameplay wise it's got great weapon selection, skills and caps. In general I love hybrid classes in Awakening, and DF's look cooler than Grandmasters and their gaudy outfits.

Least favorite - Fighters. Generals are bad too, but they're at least cool visually. I dislike Fighters because they're almost always, character-wise, dumb brutes with a heart of gold. There are some exceptions, like Nolan from RD, but he doesn't get much characterization.

Favorite is Myrmidons or Thieves. I always tend to like one character from each game of these classes a lot.

Least favorite is the Cavalier. They just tend to have boring characters associated with them and in a lot of the games, there is way more Cavs then needed. Really the only good cavs IMO are those from Tellius and Jugdral.

Favorite Classes: Myrmidon, Swordmaster, Trueblade, Lord, Master Lord, Great Lord (Awakening), Tactician, Blade Lord, Dragonlord, Hero (Ike), Vanguard, and Wolf.

Least Favorite Classes: Taguel, Knights (Not too many I use), Fighters (Barst is the only one really I use), and cleric.

Favorites: Myrmidons and mercenaries. I like infantry units in general, mostly because their animations tend to be more exciting than mounted units.

Least favorite: Poor, sad, slow knights/generals. I just haven't ever had a reason to field them beyond perhaps one chapter here and there where deployment slots were plenty and I had yet to acquire a more versatile army. I don't have any hate towards them as units, I just wish they weren't so handicapped by their speed and move stats.

Edited by Omegaprism

Favourite:Snipers.The bow is my favourite weapon,and I like having something that has a good hit.Not like it matters since late game the weapons triangle doesn't really matter until the first part of the final chapter,but whatever.

Least Favourite:Awakening Knights/Generals.I like the classes in the GBA games because of their designs,and Awakening's design is horrible.Imagine how suffocating that armor is.And heavy.

Favorite: Fighters/Warriors and Paladins. Former are pretty strong and always have at least some short term use and axes/bows on promotion is a cool weapon combo and can make them dangerous opponents. Paladins look cool and have a horse with good stats, so they're awesome.

Least Favorite: Myrmidons. They're kind of weak and not that great but they have the most delused fanboys/fangirls, especially the female myrms.

Favorite: Probably one of Wyvern Lord, Paladin, and Berserker. Wyvern Lord probably have the highest edge since it's flying tank with axes and im all about flying tanks with axes.

Least favorite: Prolly Sorc? Then again I never really like Druid much either, unless it's Niime. But that's more Niime's merit than anything. IDK I tend to prefer physical, anyway.

Favourite: Berserkers. They can do neat stuff with terrain and the crit bonus makes them pretty awesome,

Least Favourite: Archers. Why must you make them all so horrible. I like Snipers though.