Street Posse Showdown (Demo Released!)

FuriousGamer87

You can actualy get linix on your windows computer for free by running ubuntu or another free build in virtual box or vmware (which essentially acts exactly like using an emulator, exept that it allows you do things like access the internet.) (dual booting works too, but it is more annoying from what i heard.) OSX is vastly more complicated though (entierly because apple intentionaly makes it as hard as possible to run OSX on a non-apple computer.)

With regard to the screenshots in the OP, some of them have unreadable text. It looks like you took them before the text had finished loading. You might want to replace those.

Thanks. I will try to work on those as soon as I can. Currently a bit busy with some other stuff.

Edited by FuriousGamer87

Alright, time for the Mid December Update.
  • New Dialogue Font
Changed the old dialogue font, which is 04b03 to PF Tempesta Seven Compressed. Should make the long ass dialogues in the game more readable. Changed the dimension of all dialogue boxes to compensate for the increased size of the font.

Gf50U9R.png

Old

Y4QtQXY.png

New

• Dialogue Choices Get Scrolling Functionality
Dialogue choices now use the same scrolling functionality that all lists in the game used. About time. This also enable me to use give, theoretically unlimited choices as there is no limit in space.

p4RjIcP.gif

• New classes
Finished the creation of Dealer and Merchant classes. Dealers are extremely strong when they are packed with items that they can exploit and most of their techniques revolved around item usage. Merchants are very proficient buffers and debuffers that use the power of greed to influence both enemies and allies in amusing ways.

VM3oKYe.gifeqsm4Tl.gif

• New districts
Finished three new districts, Maple Tree, Oaksville Central and Truman Hill. Each of these district have their own unique locations and things to offer to the player.

b0zvRsB.png

Oaksville Central - The decaying heart of the city.

• Chapter 1 still being worked on
Finished characterization of the several early important NPCs. Finished creating the early antagonist and his rag-tag gang. Still working on finishing the chapter 1 storyline and resolving the mission paths.
  • Trailer progress
The audio is still being worked on.
Again, for the top two features, an updated demo is already uploaded with those two features in place for demonstration. You can download the demo through the link in the first post of this thread.
Enjoy yourself.
Edited by FuriousGamer87

I planned to do a update a bit later than this but finally the trailer has been completed.

So, without further delay, since the game have past the alpha stage a while back, I have put the game on Steam Greenlight.

If you like what you seen so far, please take the time to vote for it. Thanks in advance.

To celebrate the completion of the trailer, I have also pushed forward an updated demo, which features:

• Instead of just skin color selection during randomization of generic characters, I have implemented hair color selection too, instead of just everyone having brown hair.
  • During character creation, the player options are increased by a great deal in selecting appearance due to me unloading every character assets that I have created so far into the demo.
  • Game load instantly instead of having a loading bar during the start of the game. That was because I am preloading the audio assets beforehand. That is stupid and unneeded since the audio assets are right there with the game, not half a world with high ping away. Changed the setup to streaming, as it should originally be.
  • Some small fixes and improvements.

Currently, the game development will be on hold for a short while so I can make an effort for my game to clear Steam Greenlight.

This is will be hard since turn based tactics game is pretty niche and the pixel art graphics is not improving my game chances either.

• 1 month later...
It has been a while since I posted an update.
There are a lot of things changed and improved since the last update.
You can experience it yourself by downloading the updated demo from the first post.
Chapter 1 still haven't finished yet due to previous development efforts were shifted to the changes shown in this update.
If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

FF9JAHA.png
D2tUc8Z.png
DJocVps.png
aiyYuMA.png
A9cVEF0.png
pIwyvJF.png
eylj8rc.png
OwFIYd5.png