In what order do you promote the lords?

Alastor15243

Obviously the main one is promoted last, but in what order do you use the first two seals? I generally have all three lords at level 20 long before I get the first one, so basically what I do is promote the weakest one first, and whenever Hector isn't the main lord, I promote him with the second one because he's by far the sturdiest and the least in danger of falling behind permanently.

What do you guys do?

I mostly play Hector mode and don't use Eliwood at all, so there is no choice to be made. When I am using them all, though, I'll typically promote Lyn first because I'm usually supporting her with Florina and Hector and Eliwood with each other, so I'd rather not have two support pairs with only one in each doing combat.

I mostly play Hector mode and don't use Eliwood at all, so there is no choice to be made. When I am using them all, though, I'll typically promote Lyn first because I'm usually supporting her with Florina and Hector and Eliwood with each other, so I'd rather not have two support pairs with only one in each doing combat.

There's merit to dropping Eliwood in Hector Mode? He's a force deploy in the final chapter at the very least and also in a few others, so doesn't that mean that whatever unit you replace him with is occasionally replaced with dead weight who can be insta-killed by bolting or purge?

Hector/Eliwood > Lyn for me, Lyn really hates me. Regardless, Eliwood gains the most from getting a promotion than the other two do anyway, because horse and lances >>> Sword and Bows. I only really promote Hector before Lyn because he's so easy to use on Eliwood mode.

Edited by General Horace

There's merit to dropping Eliwood in Hector Mode? He's a force deploy in the final chapter at the very least and also in a few others, so doesn't that mean that whatever unit you replace him with is occasionally replaced with dead weight who can be insta-killed by bolting or purge?

I don't "replace" him with anyone, I simply don't use him. The few maps he's forced in usually leave enough room to deploy whoever I am using, and it's not hard to keep him out of range of enemies in the final map.

I never promote the other two lords generally. Both of them are mediocre compared to their competition (Eliwood doesn't do anything better than the Paladins and Lyn isn't really going to impress compared to Guy/Raven/Harken unless you pump some serious levels into her).

Edited by Refa

If you're playing ranked, there usually isn't much point in promoting Lyn. Assuming Hector Mode, Eliwood is a tough choice; yes, he's an extra mounted unit, but that comes at the cost of promoting two other units. It really depends on your financial situation

I always promote Lyn first. Then Hector in EHM or Eliwood in HHM. Lyn just seems to gain levels at a really fast pace, probably due to her amazing speed and my luck with her strength growth so I overuse her. Hell sometimes she reaches level 20 long before I can promote her xD

If you're playing ranked, there usually isn't much point in promoting Lyn. Assuming Hector Mode, Eliwood is a tough choice; yes, he's an extra mounted unit, but that comes at the cost of promoting two other units. It really depends on your financial situation

How many units in general are you allowed to promote and still get the top funds rank?

How many units in general are you allowed to promote and still get the top funds rank?

Depends, since the Ocean Seal/Heaven Seals/Fell Contract account for quite a bit of $

You can generally promote around 6 units and be fine. Based on their costs, promoting a Lord counts as 2 promotions and promoting a Thief or Dart counts as 5.

Eliwood, Lyn, then Hector. Because i play Hector Mode, Hector gets it last. Eliwood gets it first because horsie and i like horsie.

Horsea is a pokemon what are you talking about :smug:

I really don5 care, I personally prefer Lyn first because Eliwood is easier to train due to Javelin, and maybe lyn needs an extra buff in defenses; although imo they are pretty irrelevant so eh.

Lyn actually usually turns out nice for me, so she gets promoted first

Eliwood usually gets dropped around level 11 because i really can't stand using his unpromoted form and while his promotion is pretty great 11/1 Eliwood with entirely not RNG proof eliwood stats is...well

good for ferrying, i guess

honestly rng-prone sword/lance horsepeople have disappointed me enough in this game, even if they're much better units than eliwood in theory, I gave up on all of them and stick to Marcus and Isadora and make my life easier

I like to make him carry some extra staves for athos to dick around in endgame with

(i don't really play Eliwood mode unless I lost my save; I like Farina)

Edited by Thor Odinson

Back when I still played this game with LHM > HHM, I did promote Lyn, because she actually reached promotion, unlike Eliwood. It's pretty easy for Lyn to get to level 5 in her own route, maybe 6 or even 7 if you push it (it's fun to let her kill Lundgren), and her forced deployment on a couple of maps along with Mani Katti being pretty good make it not a severe penalty to do so. I usually had her focus on Bows after promotion (doubling and staying safe is nice), and her insane resistance gain on promotion (+5 rofl) combined with a decent 30% growth rate makes her somewhat useful vs Valkyries, esp if you have any Mani Katti uses left by CoD/VoD.

Of course now I play HHM raw so Lyn is never promoted.

Edited by Irysa

I generally promote Lyn first, then the Sidekick, then the Main Lord.

Sometimes when playing Hector's tale I promote Eliwood first, since he gets a greater bonus to movement than Lyn does (which can be pretty useful in Pale Flower of Darkness and Battle Before Dawn), but the fact that he can't talk to Nino like Lyn can is a mark against him.

Edited by Paper Jam

It usually depends on which Lord turned out worse. Say I'm playing Hector mode, and Lyn is below average but Eliwood is above average, I'll promote Lyn first to make her better in a sense. Obviously, due to this, it's usually Eliwood who I promote first.