• Kellam
    • Lon'qu
    • Ricken
    • Gaius
    • Gregor
    • Libra
    • Henry
    • Donnel

If some of you remember, I made a thread called Best father for Owain around four months ago. Since then i've been wanting to countinue the polls since then, but I was catching up with FE14 and school work. I will be doing these polls when I have time (preferably one month each poll) but don't expect these to come up that often.

Intros aside, who is the best statistical father(s) for Inigo in your mind. My opinion is Chrom (I know, usual answer) because while his defences are shacky, though Aegis makes up for his low resistance. He is fast and with Rightful King he can activate Astra and Lethality in conjuction with Luna (and Aegis) much more often. He can also make a fairly good bow unit and support better than with most other fahters with Dual Guard+ and the Paladin class. Honerable Mentions go to Frederick, Stahl, Ricken, and Libra.

Edit: I decided to add the Poll #2 on the title so that people could figure out which number the poll has.

Edited by I love fire emblem

Chrom makes a good Inigo, yes. Inigo gets the Luna he wants, and his Speed/Strength are kept at a decent enough level.

But Chrom makes a better Cynthia, so lets just fling that idea out the door...

Now then, Inigo wants Luna, but he also doesn't want his stats to become trash. Let's just throw out any parent who can't provide Luna/good stats...

That leaves us with Ricken, Kellam, Frederick, and Stahl, Chrom not included because he's "busy" with Sumia.

Ricken makes a more Magical Inigo, but Ricken sees better use with Owain, so let's give him the boot.

Kellam and Frederick equally drop Inigo's speed down to flat 0, but Freddie makes up for it with good stats all around, so Kellam can go disappear like he always does.

I'll give this one to Stahl, because he gives Inigo the Luna he wants without lowering his speed, while giving him modifiers similar enough to Frederick. Yeah Myrmidon overlaps, but Inigo also doesn't have much, if any, use for the Wyvern Rider classes, and Freddies Knight and Cavalier overlap anyways.

But Chrom makes a better Cynthia, so lets just fling that idea out the door...

Ricken makes a more Magical Inigo, but Ricken sees better use with Owain, so let's give him the boot.

I can't say this line of reasoning holds much water in the first place. Ricken also makes a Severa that's leagues better than any other Severa and Owain, but that logic isn't very truthful to the question at hand. This topic should be about Inigo, not how much I like Cynthia or how much I like Severa with X father too much that I'd refuse to give credit for a pairing that's different from my idea of hierarchy on children. That hierarchy is man made; nowhere does the game say that Owain, Severa, Morgan, etc. all get "dibs" on parents before Inigo.

If Chrom!Inigo, Ricken!Inigo, or whoever actually makes a better Inigo than Stahl (or whoever really), then that parent earned that respect (and should be treated as such). The topic isn't asking for "what's the 3rd best Inigo for my needs if we exclude Chrom and Ricken." If there's one valid assumption you can make, it's that Inigo has the spotlight over other children.

Chrom!Inigo is cool and all, but Rightful King IMO isn't a useful skill. If I did Chrom!Inigo, I wouldn't even bother keeping it, which means I don't find Chrom!Inigo much better than say Stahl!Inigo. Hell, even Fred!Inigo and Kellam!Inigo aren't that far behind, and they don't cost a valuable father.

Virion and Lon'qu are the best imo. Inigo kind of reminds me of Virion a bit thats why I like it when he's his dad but I usually like to have Lon'qu as Inigo's dad. Mainly because I like the pairing of Olivia and Lon'qu.

Libra makes more versatile Inigo without destroying his Speed mod and Vengeance from Libra works awesome with Inigo's natural access to Vantage, what's more? Inigo has armsthrift! So now we have a second famously Gregor!Laurent with Galeforce..

Edited by FE Newbie

Inigo is never going to be fast while keeping his proc (and having that is more important than a little Spd), so Spd really shouldn't be a factor here. Pretty much anyone who gives it to him is good (except Kellam because he's bad everywhere, though this is still one of his better pairs). While Virion and Lon'qu would be very nice for mods, they sadly fail to make the cut due to giving no procs.

I can't say this line of reasoning holds much water in the first place. Ricken also makes a Severa that's leagues better than any other Severa and Owain, but that logic isn't very truthful to the question at hand. This topic should be about Inigo, not how much I like Cynthia or how much I like Severa with X father too much that I'd refuse to give credit for a pairing that's different from my idea of hierarchy on children. That hierarchy is man made; nowhere does the game say that Owain, Severa, Morgan, etc. all get "dibs" on parents before Inigo.

If Chrom!Inigo, Ricken!Inigo, or whoever actually makes a better Inigo than Stahl (or whoever really), then that parent earned that respect (and should be treated as such). The topic isn't asking for "what's the 3rd best Inigo for my needs if we exclude Chrom and Ricken." If there's one valid assumption you can make, it's that Inigo has the spotlight over other children.

Chrom!inigo is more-or-less the same as Stahl!Inigo, other than Rightful King, which isn't all that useful. And tbqh, I'd find that rather disappointing for taking away a father that could be better used elsewhere.

Edited by Levant Colthearts

Chrom!inigo is more-or-less the same as Stahl!Inigo, other than Rightful King, which isn't all that useful. And tbqh, I'd find that rather disappointing for taking away a father that could be better used elsewhere.

I haven't even voiced my opinion on Inigo's best father (be it Stahl, Chrom, or even neither). Based off the topic alone, the opportunity cost for Cynthia, Owain, and any other child really, should not be more important than the child in question for the topic.

I haven't even voiced my opinion on Inigo's best father (be it Stahl, Chrom, or even neither). Based off the topic alone, the opportunity cost for Cynthia, Owain, and any other child really, should not be more important than the child in question for the topic.

Okay then. Still, personally, when one variant winds up nearly the same as another, and yet is paraded as superior... that doesn't sit well with me.

I found that a Chrom!Inigo ended up as my most-used unit in my normal difficulty non-DLC play-through due to Chrom giving him Luna, and Rightful King to boost the activation rate of both that and armsthrift to high chances, but in a DLC playthrough I can see Stahl being better due the the ability to use Limit Breaker instead and using Chrom to give Aether to a daughter.

But this is for Inigo and him on his own, therefore I choose Chrom.

Rightful King is essentially an added bonus nothing more. Statistically Chrom would be the 'best' father for Inigo just because Rightful King is there.

Like I said earlier, that's the type of stuff I'd have trouble buying, considering that Rightful King isn't a very good skill, and the fact that the stat differences between Chrom!Inigo and Stahl!Inigo are negligible.

Like I said earlier, that's the type of stuff I'd have trouble buying, considering that Rightful King isn't a very good skill, and the fact that the stat differences between Chrom!Inigo and Stahl!Inigo are negligible.

Tbh, most stat differences (and to an extent, sometimes even class differences) are also negligible. But we should still embrace all the differences and at least take them for face value.

Tbh, most stat differences (and to an extent, sometimes even class differences) are also negligible. But we should still embrace all the differences and at least take them for face value.

And Rightful King's face value is rather low, unfortunately, so...

Edited by Levant Colthearts

And Rightful King's face value is rather low, unfortunately, so...

And imo, Aether's value is equally worthless, but the topic at hand should incorporate all the tools Inigo can use in his best interest. And RFK is one of those tools.

I will admit that RFK is relativly useless, and Chrom and Stahl are almost the exact same in terms of mods and classes, but RFK jumps Chrom!Inigo's usefulness slightly better than Stahl!Inigo's usefulness (it also doesn't help that both of them only give Inigo two classes from each of them).

I will admit that RFK is relativly useless, and Chrom and Stahl are almost the exact same in terms of mods and classes, but RFK jumps Chrom!Inigo's usefulness slightly better than Stahl!Inigo's usefulness (it also doesn't help that both of them only give Inigo two classes from each of them).

Personally, I find Chrom!Inigo's forced RFK inheritance to be more of a hindrance because it means I can't pass down something else for the sake of reducing time spent grinding.

I'd argue that RFK is more useful than people give it credit in the main game. 10% skill activation is kinda lame for any of DLC maps but for in game, it's pretty nice to have around. I mean, unless Chrom was to Second Seal, most people would have him as a lord anyways. Although, I'd say that I'd definitely want Dual Strike+ more than RFK TBH...