Touhou Gameplay Thread

Balcerzak

IN Lunatic when

I've experienced the pain of Loony Jewel after using gameplay skip patching to unlock Kaguya for practice, now your turn!

Come oooooooooooon

I might as well go for them all now.

http://replays.gensokyo.org/download.php?id=38713

709m Ran clear. Failed spells are Charming Seige, Kokuri-san, and Izuna Gongen.

It's a pretty good run overall. I wasn't pulling any bizarre grazing stunts, I was just regularly unfocusing for the sake of raising PIV.

It went well I guess.

Woo, got around halfway through Okuu on my SA Hard run.

Any advice on her. Her first two spellcards and her second non spell are giving me a rough time.

Also, I watched that ZM. gj.

first spell is misdirecting (but it's a stupid thing), second non is just dodging, second spell is just dodging

ty

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

http://replays.gensokyo.org/download.php?id=38911

832 m in PCB Ex.

The death to Izuna Gongen was really dumb. >~> I could have no missed all spells capped, but no... Gongen just had to ruin my day.

Charming Siege has gotten easier once I realized it's designed to lead you around from where you started, and bombing/border breaking can screw this up. Tenko Illusion is doable but I still am not the best at it. Both are harder in the Ex than the Phantasm (for different reasons, for Charming Siege it's just less dense for some reason, and Tenko Illusion has Ran's inexplicable speeding up and slower bullets than Spiriting Away (which is annoying because then they don't scram as fast as I would like)).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...