Thoughts on Wendy (Is She Really THAT Bad?)

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@ the nature of an Est, I think the point of an Est is to have a higher growth total than most other units whilst having lower base stats than most other units.

Wendy fails spectacularly in this respect. She has growth total of 290. This is the same as Alan, who has a higher base stat total than Wendy by 3 points overall, with most of those being in significantly better stats as opposed to being somewhat wasted in luck. Overall, she is only at max 10 points higher than most other growth units in totals. Heck, 290 is what Ogier has and he sucks too, but at least he can use swords. Dorothy has 290. Bors is only 5 less than Wendy.

I mean for god's sake, Chad has a growth total of 365.

Edited by Irysa

Wendy has nothing in common with Ests. Other units join at similar levels with bad bases (better than hers but still bad) for a long time, her growths aren't spectacular, and she joins in the middle of the game. The only reason people think she's an Est is because she sucks.

She takes effort to use, but she's not completely unusable, at least in Normal. As others have stated, FE6 is not kind to Armor Knights.

Its always hilarious to think that characters that is pretty hard to use and is essentially a generic combat unit like Wendy can be hyped, when a character who is so obviously broken to the point of destroying the game like Niime isn't

as long as gamefaqs exists and still has a guide or two saying that wendy is pretty great when leveled up i'm pretty sure we're gonna see hype

Said guides have been around since 2008, and of course need updating, though. And not many people that frequent GameFAQs even think that units like Wendy are good. You see that type of logic more often on YouTube or Miiverse.

Just a quick factual thing: most of these guides came out in 2003-2005 when nobody really cared about playing FE optimally. That infamously awful character comparison guide that said 09 in there was written in like 2004-2005.

For reference: http://www.gamefaqs.com/gba/563015-fire-emblem-fuuin-no-tsurugi/faqs

That still doesn't/didn't stop people from having gamefaqs as their go-to for guides when they start playing a new game. They'd check out the guides before checking out a board. That's how the hype is created anyway. I definitely wasn't talking about the board when I said any of that anyway, I was most definitely referring to the guides, which tend to win over the younger (and more impressionable) new FE gamers. That's what I'm referring to, anyway.

Wendy has nothing in common with Ests. Other units join at similar levels with bad bases (better than hers but still bad) for a long time, her growths aren't spectacular, and she joins in the middle of the game. The only reason people think she's an Est is because she sucks.

Considering even Sophia's position as an Est is already iffy (because her bases and growths are quite atrocious), I don't see how Wendy could be considered as such.

And actually many Ests' bases are generally perfectly OK for their level. (Est herself, whose base stats are more or less as good as Katua in all her games. Nino have somewhat above average stats(above Erk's average, at the very least) )

Actually, if there's an Est in FE6, it would be Cath (Even if she can't promote.)

Nothing to add on Wendy, really. If you want to use her, she'll end up somewhat decent, but many more unit are better than her and needs far less investment.

Bors is better than her in every single point (his chin is even cuter than Wendy's pink hair), and even him is not a spectacular unit.