Best Mothers for each child/Children that stand out(IK route)

MitoRequiem

Hi guys not sure if theres already a post about this I already searched around.

Anyways!

Curious if anyone has started research yet for the children in this game and also who are the children that really stand out? From what I hear Midoriko, a Hana!Kinu and Ophelia really stand out but I wanna know about as many children as possible.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's just me spit-balling but I was thinking these pairs might be the most optimal in terms of modifiers and class allocation:

Ryoma x Azura

Takumi x Camilla

Subaki x Rinkah

Saizou x Orochi

Asama x Oboro

Tsukuyomi x Sakura/Felicia

Hinata x Pieri

Nishiki x Setsuna

Xander x Charlotte

Leo x Felicia/Sakura

Arthur x Kagerou

Odin x Elise

Zero x Nyx

Lazwald x Hana

Benoit x Belka

Flannel x Effie

Jakob x Luna

Kaze x Mozume

Silas x Hinoka

Edited by Galenforcer

It's just me spit-balling but I was thinking these pairs might be the most optimal in terms of modifiers and class allocation:

Ryoma x Azura

Takumi x Camilla

Subaki x Rinkah

Saizou x Orochi

Asama x Oboro

Tsukuyomi x Sakura/Felicia

Hinata x Pieri

Nishiki x Setsuna

Xander x Charlotte

Leo x Felicia/Sakura

Arthur x Kagerou

Odin x Elise

Zero x Nyx

Lazwald x Hana

Benoit x Belka

Flannel x Effie

Jakob x Luna

Kaze x Mozume

Silas x Hinoka

Ryoma x Azura kills any kind of defense for Shinonome. His HP growth takes a beating too. Setsuna gives good modifiers and her poor strength growth is mitigated by Ryoma's.

Takumi x Camilla is outclassed by Takumi x Oboro

Subaki x Hinoka gives the best class options for Matoi.

Odin x Elise is the best pairing for any playthough.

Jakob x Azura gives balanced modifiers and her children and patches up her bad HP and Defense.

I'd recommend Silas x Camilla for a Sophie with great growths.

Asama x Effie creates a monstrous Mitama with ridiculously high strength. Mitama is, ironically, supposed to be a physical unit.

Benoit x Rinkah gives Ignis Oni Savage. Ignis gets better speed and Rinkah's terrible strength and HP gets mitigated by Benoit's.

Charlotte x Flannel gives similar modifiers to the Effie x Flannel pairing. Effie is needed for Asama.

That's a start. May post more later.

Edited by Leif

Subaki x Hinoka is the best aye? How good is Marx/Hinoka and Subaki/Luna? Those are the two I want the most and I assume for Kanna it doesn't really matter? For IK I might be going with Anna. I wanted to go with Hana for IK like I did in my Hoshido playthrough but I heard that HanaxNishiki is the best and from what I've seen on the modifiers it shows but haven't tried it myself.

Subaki x Hinoka is the best aye? How good is Marx/Hinoka and Subaki/Luna? Those are the two I want the most and I assume for Kanna it doesn't really matter? For IK I might be going with Anna. I wanted to go with Hana for IK like I did in my Hoshido playthrough but I heard that HanaxNishiki is the best and from what I've seen on the modifiers it shows but haven't tried it myself.

I'd argue so, yes.

Matoi gets her horrible father's speed modifier negated as well as having access to both Samurai and Lance Fighter, two class branches that offer amazing skills.

She gets access to Line of Death, Breaking Sky, Lance Faire, and Flamboyant while keeping her lance rank.

Hinoka!Matoi Base Growths and Max Modifiers:

HP: 50%

STR: 40%

MAG: 15%

SKL: 40%

SPD: 43%

LCK: 43%

DEF: 35%

RES: 30%

STR: +1

MAG: +0

SKL: +2

SPD: +0

LCK: +0

DEF: +3

RES: +2

Decent growths, but bad max stats. Other mothers cannot really salvage Matoi's inherently bad max stats since Subaki is such a garbage unit.

Her personal skill helps her offense a ton.

She becomes a better version of Hinoka with this build, outclassing the royal in every way.

Edit 2:

Regarding Marx x Hinoka. Don't do it. Siegbert benefits best from either Charlotte or Mozume. Charlotte increases his overall offense where Mozume gives him excellent growths due to passing the villager class down to him. He'll have access to Great Merchant and Weapon Master, both of which allow him to keep one or both of his Cavalier weapon ranks.

Regarding Subaki x Luna. Matoi doesn't get good growths. Her speed cap is better but her offense goes down (-1 strength).

It's just not a good pairing since Luna is needed elsewhere. She makes a great wife for Lazward since Soleil gets balanced modifiers with no drawbacks. Subaki x Hinoka is better since both get each other's secondary classes. Luna x Lazward gives them both Ninja and Pegasus Warrior for both themselves and their child.

Edit 3:

Unlike Awakening's Morgan, Kanna needs a good parent. Kanna does not get access to every class so you must pick your avatar's secondary class and partner wisely.

You want to maximize Kanna's physical offense. Kanna and the Avatar are more geared towards performing as physical units since Dragonstones are such garbage in this game (lack of 1-2 range and no doubling procs). Pick a partner that would give the best modifiers for Kanna's strength, skill, and speed as well as diversify their class options.

Male Kanna can A+ either Shinonome, Siegbert, or Lutz (So he'll either get Lance Fighter, Cavalier, or Wyvern Rider respectively).

Female Kanna can A+ Midoriko, Kinu, Velour, or Mitama (so she'll either get Priestess, Spellcaster (Fox Spirit if Kinu is her mother), Fighter (Garou if Velour is her mother), or Priestess).

From the max stat calculations I've done, I think that Female Kanna > Male Kanna due to the fact that female Kanna can have Velour as a mother. Charlotte!Velour gives Female Kanna +7 strength.

Edited by Leif

That's actually pretty depressing looking into it then lol. I would hope Mozume would be the one to salvage her but I never looked into it.(Actually just looked up Tsubaki's modifiers right now and what the hell are those stats jesus christ)

I'd argue so, yes.

Matoi gets her horrible father's speed modifier negated as well as having access to both Samurai and Lance Fighter, two class branches that offer amazing skills.

She gets access to Line of Death, Breaking Sky, Lance Faire, and Flamboyant while keeping her lance rank.

Decent growths, but bad max stats. Other mothers cannot really salvage Matoi's inherently bad max stats since Subaki is such a garbage unit.

She becomes a better version of Hinoka with this build, outclassing the royal in every way.

Edit 2:

Regarding Marx x Hinoka. Don't do it. Siegbert benefits best from either Charlotte or Mozume. Charlotte increases his overall offense where Mozume gives him excellent growths due to passing the villager class down to him. He'll have access to Great Merchant and Weapon Master, both of which allow him to keep one or both of his Cavalier weapon ranks.

Regarding Subaki x Luna. Matoi doesn't get good growths. Her speed cap is better but her offense goes down (-1 strength).

It's just not a good pairing since Luna is needed elsewhere. She makes a great wife for Lazward since Soleil gets balanced modifiers with no drawbacks. Subaki x Hinoka is better since both get each other's secondary classes. Luna x Lazward gives them both Ninja and Pegasus Warrior for both themselves and their child.

Edit 3:

Unlike Awakening's Morgan, Kanna needs a good parent. Kanna does not get access to every class so you must pick your avatar's secondary class and partner wisely.

You want to maximize Kanna's physical offense. Kanna and the Avatar are more geared towards performing as physical units since Dragonstones are such garbage in this game (lack of 1-2 range and no doubling procs). Pick a partner that would give the best modifiers for Kanna's strength, skill, and speed as well as diversify their class options.

Male Kanna can A+ either Shinonome, Siegbert, or Lutz (So he'll either get Lance Fighter, Cavalier, or Wyvern Rider respectively).

Female Kanna can A+ Midoriko, Kinu, Velour, or Mitama (so she'll either get Priestess , Spellcaster (Fox Spirit if Kinu is her mother), Fighter (Garou if Velour is her mother), or Priestess).

From the max stat calculations I've done, I think that Female Kanna > Male Kanna due to the fact that female Kanna can have Velour as a mother. Charlotte!Velour gives Female Kanna +7 strength.

But Herb Merchant is a learnable class

Oboro is a way better mom for Matoi than Hinoka. They have similar growths for Matoi, but Oboro has better availability and pair up stats than Hinoka for main game practicality and they gave basically the same thing(Lancer Line). A thing Oboro has over Hinoka in terms of min-maxing is that Oboro can pass down Despoil(lvl15 Great Merchant skill) which lets Matoi ignore the downsides of LoD for a free +20 damage.

Ryoma x Azura kills any kind of defense for Shinonome. His HP growth takes a beating too. Setsuna gives good modifiers and her poor strength growth is mitigated by Ryoma's.

Takumi x Camilla is outclassed by Takumi x Oboro

Subaki x Hinoka gives the best class options for Matoi.

Odin x Elise is the best pairing for any playthough.

Jakob x Azura gives balanced modifiers and her children and patches up her bad HP and Defense.

I'd recommend Silas x Camilla for a Sophie with great growths.

Asama x Effie creates a monstrous Mitama with ridiculously high strength. Mitama is, ironically, supposed to be a physical unit.

Benoit x Rinkah gives Ignis Oni Savage. Ignis gets better speed and Rinkah's terrible strength and HP gets mitigated by Benoit's.

Charlotte x Flannel gives similar modifiers to the Effie x Flannel pairing. Effie is needed for Asama.

Ryoma x Azura is mostly for Azura/Shigure who need a good class, but Shin likes to be fast.

Takumi x Oboro is redudant and wastes a Lance Fighter class.

I say Subaki x Rinkah is better for the high defense modifier. Sure you get another Lance Fighter from Hinoka, but then Matoi can pair with Ignis for a powerful tank.

I kind of disregard Jakob/Dia since they can get Bowman(a great class) through A+ options, but giving Azura to him screws her out of a good class.

Camilla makes most kids great in general and Silas can eat up any scrap mom to get a great Sophie.

Asama x Effie screws over class inheritance for Mitama/Effie(Asama's fine because of his A+ with Arthur). I consider it sub-optimal.

I really think Benoit x Belka's going to be his default pairing since Ignis doesn't care about speed and it's the same as Rinkah anyway(you can always buy skills).

Effie and Charlotte are about the same for Flannel, except Effie really wants Berserker to abuse her high strength.

My say was based on postgame, since you won't even be making half the pairings I listed in IK or on either route without a bunch of grinding.

I'd argue so, yes.

Edit 2:

Edit 3:

Female Kanna can A+ Midoriko, Kinu, Velour, or Mitama (so she'll either get Priestess, Spellcaster (Fox Spirit if Kinu is her mother), Fighter (Garou if Velour is her mother), or Priestess).

Yeah now that I think about it, When I did Nohr Hard I went with Azura(Also I fucked up on my MU modifiers cause I didn't sit down and read it lol) my Kanna came out very weak and I HAD to use Dragonstones.

On Hoshido I married Hana to see how that works

On IK I'm still undecided I'd like to not marry a 2nd gen but much like Awakening I'm gonna go ahead and guess that's the best choice

Also I'm open to your guys opinions on who you think are the best children or at least a top 5. I don't see very many used outside of Kanna, Midoriko, Ophelia, Sophie annndd what's about it from videos obviously that will probably evolve a ton especially when the game comes out in the US

Ryoma x Azura is mostly for Azura/Shigure who need a good class, but Shin likes to be fast.

Takumi x Oboro is redudant and wastes a Lance Fighter class.

I say Subaki x Rinkah is better for the high defense modifier. Sure you get another Lance Fighter from Hinoka, but then Matoi can pair with Ignis for a powerful tank.

I kind of disregard Jakob/Dia since they can get Bowman(a great class) through A+ options, but giving Azura to him screws her out of a good class.

Camilla makes most kids great in general and Silas can eat up any scrap mom to get a great Sophie.

Asama x Effie screws over class inheritance for Mitama/Effie(Asama's fine because of his A+ with Arthur). I consider it sub-optimal.

I really think Benoit x Belka's going to be his default pairing since Ignis doesn't care about speed and it's the same as Rinkah anyway(you can always buy skills).

Effie and Charlotte are about the same for Flannel, except Effie really wants Berserker to abuse her high strength.

My say was based on postgame, since you won't even be making half the pairings I listed in IK or on either route without a bunch of grinding.

But Kisaragi gets great growths from Oboro. I think Takumi only gets screwed out of a class. Kisaragi gets Merchant right?

Rinkah has horrible HP and strength and will hurt Matoi's survivability and offense.

True that Effie benefits from Berserker, but she'll need to raise her axe level up before she can use any decent weapons. In Nohr, she'll benefit from Marx's Paladin line because she can get both Aegis and Pavise and keep her lance rank.

Why does Mitama get screwed over? She has the growths and stats for a physical fighter. She'll benefit from General. Not to mention she can A+ Syalla for Basara.

Edited by Leif

But Kisaragi gets great growths from Oboro. I think Takumi only gets screwed out of a class. Kisaragi gets Merchant right?

Rinkah has horrible HP and strength and will hurt Matoi's survivability and offense.

True that Effie benefits from Berserker, but she'll need to raise her axe level up before she can use any decent weapons. In Nohr, she'll benefit from Marx's Paladin line because she can get both Aegis and Pavise and keep her lance rank.

Why does Mitama get screwed over? She has the growths and stats for a physical fighter. She'll benefit from General. Not to mention she can A+ Syalla for Basara.

Well, Kisaragi doesn't need any classes so it's just a waste of Lance Fighter.

The strength doesn't matter much because of Matoi's personal and Rinkah makes Ignis's HP low too so I don't get why it's a problem for only her.

My list didn't really incorporate any in-game usage since stuff like IK Odin is impossible to use in a timely manner.

Because General is a bad ending class unless you're a defensive powerhouse like Benoit. With Mitama's offensive prowess, she either wants Lance Fighter or Berserker.

Well, Kisaragi doesn't need any classes so it's just a waste of Lance Fighter.

The strength doesn't matter much because of Matoi's personal and Rinkah makes Ignis's HP low too so I don't get why it's a problem for only her.

My list didn't really incorporate any in-game usage since stuff like IK Odin is impossible to use in a timely manner.

Because General is a bad ending class unless you're a defensive powerhouse like Benoit. With Mitama's offensive prowess, she either wants Lance Fighter or Berserker.

But Basara has great class growths. Berserker is a little on the frail side. Besides, Asama would have to marry Fighter!Avatar to give Mitama the Berserker class.

Effie!Mitama Basara will have all around excellent stats + growths.

Growths (Basara):

HP: 60%

STR: 60%

MAG: 28%

SKL: 50 %

SPD: 60%

LCK: 65%

DEF: 38%

RES: 35%

Fantastic offensive growths.

Max Stats (Basara):

HP: 65

STR: 37

MAG: 28

SKL: 30

SPD: 34

LCK: 36

DEF: 31

RES: 32

She'll be most likely be hitting STR, HP, SPD, LCK and SKL caps with those growths. Her defenses are good enough to survive a hit. She'll also have breaking sky to hit even harder.

But I've read that if a character has the same class as their wife, like HinokaxTsubaki, they inherit their secondary class.

Oboro gets bowman, and Takumi gets herb merchant. Or am I wrong

Only if they have the same base class. Example: Hinoka and Subaki are both Pegasus Warrior, so when they marry, Hinoka gets Subaki's secondary, which is Samurai, and Subaki gets Hinoka's secondary, Lance Fighter.

But Basara has great class growths. Berserker is a little on the frail side. Besides, Asama would have to marry Fighter!Avatar to give Mitama the Berserker class.

Effie!Mitama Basara will have all around excellent stats + growths.

I really don't want to factor in growths since most units in this game have good growths and they're mostly irrelevant for min-maxing(unless you do something obnoxious like make Midoriko a magic unit). Plus, I don't even know why Mitama wants to be a Basara when an S-rank class is much better(unless it's Sorcerer).

Mitama can A+ Kanna(pick Fighter as your secondary) or marry her yourself(not a problem since Mitama has amazing modifiers).

Edited by Galenforcer

This may sound weird asking this, but what does Kanna get by being mothered by Anna? From what i have seen Anna has the best stat growths so wouldn't it pass down to her as well? Not only that but what is the benefits of OdinxLuna? (Besides the samurai class to luna and merc class to odin.)

Just to note: My Kamui will be +Str/-Mag (Same thing i did with Robin back at FE:A) and his secondary class will be Trueblade (Again, same thing i did with Robin as his final class.)

Edited by Raccoon844

This may sound weird asking this, but what does Kanna get by being mothered by Anna? From what i have seen Anna has the best stat growths so wouldn't it pass down to her as well? Not only that but what is the benefits of OdinxLuna? (Besides the samurai class to luna and merc class to odin.)

Just to note: My Kamui will be +Str/-Mag (Same thing i did with Robin back at FE:A) and his secondary class will be Trueblade (Again, same thing i did with Robin as his final class.)

Luna doesn't get samurai, she gets dark mage. Also OdinxLuna REALLY puts Ophelia in a bad position. Luna only has a 5% Magic growth rate, which is a waste on Ophelia with 45 and a personal that depends on tomes. Her strength will be in the high 20s or low 30s. Odin is much better off marrying a magic based character like Elise.

Luna doesn't get samurai, she gets dark mage. Also OdinxLuna REALLY puts Ophelia in a bad position. Luna only has a 5% Magic growth rate, which is a waste on Ophelia with 45 and a personal that depends on tomes. Her strength will be in the high 20s or low 30s. Odin is much better off marrying a magic based character like Elise.

Well, that kinda ruins my mood a bit. I paired them up in the last game and i quite liked their ending. Ah well. Also to fit my question with Anna, is there any info on her stat modifers for Kanna?

Edited by Raccoon844

Details about Anns's growths and modifiers are on the Serenes Forest-Fire Emblem Fates main page.

Anna's modifiers are as follows:

STR: -1

MAG: +1

SKL: 0

SPD: -1

LCK: +2

DEF: -2

Take these and add them to your Avatar's modifiers, then add +1 to them all and you'll get Kanna's modifiers.

Hate to rain on your parade, but there are better units you can pair with. Anna's modifiers aren't exactly stellar. Her growths are decent, but they turn Kanna into a magic unit, which is something you don't want.

well, kanna mag and str growth are the same ( 35 str 30 mag ) so why not a magical kanna

+ with a dragonstone kanna can use his personal skill

Yeah, but Dragonstones are such garbage. They can't double and only have 1 range. If they had 1-2 range they would be a lot better.

Kanna is seriously better off with a melee build. I mean, you could make Kanna a Witch or Sorcerer, but, like in Radiant Dawn, it seems that physical units outclass magic units.

Felicia!Foleo!Kanna with Sorcerer or Dark Blood class doesn't seem like too bad of an idea. .-.

Edit: Why Pieri over Hinoka for Hinata? Seems to be +1 mag for Pieri vs +1 def for Hinoka...

Edited by KP Joey

Edit: Why Pieri over Hinoka for Hinata? Seems to be +1 mag for Pieri vs +1 def for Hinoka...

Personally I find them interchangable since Pieri's not desperate for Samurai because she can A+ Charlotte for Berserker and Hinoka doesn't care who her husband is.