So Mythbusters is ending next year

Topic.

Yeah, it's happening. Feels really saddening. I've been watching them since i was a kid, so this something. I know it was going to happen eventually, @sfrealists, but still really sad to see it going!

So yeah. What are your thoughts about this @sforest?

'Sup Kalas

I'm not too saddened largely 'cause I've only seen a few episodes, and I have no cable. I did like the few episodes I've seen, though.

Well that makes me pretty sad :c I found mythbusters super enjoyable~

I think I remember them saying the reason they took out kari grant and tori was because they said they didn't think that having them gave the right feel to the show? I wonder if maybe they just lost that "feel" they wanted again...

Or have they already stated why it's ending?

I haven't watched that show in years but I distinctly remember it being very good. Gonna miss it, more or less.

I have found memories of watching Mythbusters with my father when I was younger.I don't watch it much (or at all) now,but it's really said to see it go.

Edited by ShadowShine

i've been a constant fan since it started airing.

i guess adam and jamie are getting too old to do stunts and the second team was removed for reasons unclear to me.

kind of a shame tho, but it's better to end before it devolves into shit.

Well that makes me pretty sad :c I found mythbusters super enjoyable~

I think I remember them saying the reason they took out kari grant and tori was because they said they didn't think that having them gave the right feel to the show? I wonder if maybe they just lost that "feel" they wanted again...

Or have they already stated why it's ending?

i've been a constant fan since it started airing.

i guess adam and jamie are getting too old to do stunts and the second team was removed for reasons unclear to me.

kind of a shame tho, but it's better to end before it devolves into shit.

From what I remember reading, the Build Team wanted better pay in their contracts, given that they were frequently half of each episode. Discovery (and possibly even Jamie and Adam) didn't agree, and let them go. And, as an added "bonus", Jamie and Adam got to take the show's format back to its early season structure, where it was just the two of them, with a bit more of a focus on the mathematics, science, engineering, etc. behind what they were doing.

There was an interview with Entertainment Weekly (http://www.ew.com/article/2015/10/21/mythbusters-ending-interview) which basically seemed to hint at lowering ratings (probably not helped by the most recent season not having the Build Team - I know at least a vocal minority that refused to watch last season because of it) and the fact that it's been on the air for 14 seasons and Jamie and Adam felt it was an appropriate time to send it off.

That being said, while I'll miss Mythbusters, it's just been lacking the past several seasons. Even with the Build Team there, it just seemed like they drifted away from actual "myth" type things to test and started shifting to more "let's do an experiment or two that we're coming up with on our own based on X". And, last season was especially egregious in this regard with all of the various specials that they did, like the Video Game Special (which tested a scenario based on Doom that really didn't accurately represent how Doom works and trying to see if Fruit Ninja was able to be done with real fruit and katanas). Heck, in the episode entitled "Flights of Fancy", they had a completely contrived myth about the U-2 and didn't even perform an experiment, only sending Adam up in one as a passenger.