FE6 HM ranked LTC (on indefinite hiatus)

Gradivus.

Why bother though? Ellen is never going to Warp, and I'm sure you could invest into other strats to get that missing 10 exp. I'd be more worried about Thany not getting perfect level-ups, since that's vital to your turn counts.

I was going to make a post about how it's always important to raise your staff users as much as possible, but I guess this is the big difference between this game and FE7; without defense chapters to spam staves for maximum EXP gain, early-game staff users have significantly less use. Still, extra EXP on your staff users is always something to watch for.

Speaking of which, I think I forgot to mention that I thought the Armorslayer trade ferry was really awesome. I know you used Wolt to help in that trade chain, but was there a reason that you left Bors out of the action for another chapter? I felt like he might have gotten some use here (perhaps instead of Roy taking that extra kill).

• 3 weeks later...

Small update, I think I figured out a 5-turn of C3 (involving similar reliability as Irysa's clear on the last turn, but there's not much to be done about it), but I'll do a test run (or at least play 3-5 chapters ahead of what I post) instead of uploading every chapter immediately since I figure it'd be annoying (probably also from a viewer's perspective?) to rerecord chapters multiple times due to planning mistakes. I'm not certain when I'll get to do the next update, probably in 1-2 months.

@ruadath I put exp priority on Roy because he needs to stay competent. Bors will see some action in C3 for sure, and it's realistic he'll also get some kills in C4.

Edited by Gradivus.

Cool, glad to see progress is being made here!

since I figure it'd be annoying (probably also from a viewer's perspective?) to rerecord chapters multiple times due to planning mistakes.

Well, certainly I wouldn't find it annoying, but then again you've probably already realized this from the haphazardness of my FE7 runs...

Small update, I think I figured out a 5-turn of C3 (involving similar reliability as Irysa's clear on the last turn, but there's not much to be done about it)

So what does this mean? Is it RN burning heavy? Or have you just manipulated the preloaded RNG in such a manner that unlikely results are possible?

By that he probably means it relies on hitting two sub 5% disp crits in order to clear the way for Roy to seize (which is highly unlikely).

I hope you manage to rig Marcus speed (assuming he even makes it to level 2) for Chapter 4, as that makes that map 10 times easier to plan for, given Marcus can double a large amount of Cavaliers at 12 AS.

Edited by Irysa

^Yeah, this. I don't know how many RN burns I'll need, but percentage is percentage. I just tried it roughly and noticed the Archer can attack Shanna from 1R1U and not 2U, which allows for the way to be free for dropping Marcus ahead on turn 2. Equipping Rapier with Roy on turn 4 improves the chance to get rid of the Fighter by a bit, but it's not the difference between good and terrible chances, so we'll just have to see what I end up doing. I'll probably just equip the iron sword though, unless the rapier crit is just there, since it's better for funds.

Yeah, good idea, and Marcus gets the bosskill in C3, so he can probably reach level 2.

Edited by Gradivus.

Relying on Roy critting whilst also having him survive the enemy phase there is optimistic given he's 2HKO'd.

I'm going to presume that the Archer attacks Shanna no matter what, even if 1 HP Merlinus is sitting there as bait? IIRC she needs 2 levels of hp and def to not get OHKO'd by the Archer, which guarantees the diversion to a 1 HP Merlinus instead.

Also, you might consider feeding Chad a few kills since he has the Thief Class Bonus for EXP (even if he's pretty shit).

Edited by Irysa

That's what I meant, unless the Rapier crit appears on the first attempt the rest of the EP is successful, I won't bother with it.

She always is attacked if she's oneshot. I just tried it, and Lord Raven mentioned he didn't get it to work either.

Also, the archer's str can be rigged to 6 (suspend reset like 5 times), which means +1 HP +1 Def escapes the OHKO too, but since the weird AI movement is there, it's more likely that I'll just let the Archer attack Shanna, he only pulls 63 hit against her so it's manageable.

By that he probably means it relies on hitting two sub 5% disp crits in order to clear the way for Roy to seize (which is highly unlikely).

Depending on how ridiculous this ends up being, I might prefer to see a more reliable 6 turn clear (perhaps you could use the extra turn to gain significantly more EXP?) but I'll leave that decision to your judgement, obviously.

It'll probably be something like this minus the crazy RN burns for levelups.

https://youtu.be/NluXquTYBYo

Wow, except for the crazy level ups, that looked pretty reasonable! Maybe I just didn't pay attention or something, but I didn't see two crits on turn 5? Never mind, but anyway, as long as there are not two on the same EP, it's probably fine I think.

EDIT: Wait nevermind, didn't realize those RN burns were not only for Marcus' level but also the criticals... not sure what to make of this anymore.

Edited by ruadath