Nintendo releasing "Making of" Fire Emblem book in Japan

Shadow Stalker X

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what are some of the worst fans of any fandom? pre-awakening elitists.

its like you hate broccoli and try to constantly tell others you do.

thanks for reminding us why pre-awakening fans can be some of the worst elitists of any fandom and this is coming from someone who played every game released in the west.

seriously I get it that you don't like things post-kaga but calling something bad without even owning it or knowing all what's inside is lame.

on a more insightful note, the book is surprisingly big judging from all the content its supposed to contain, has it been confirmed that it has fates character artwork like knights of iris had character artwork? I'm so interested in the kozaki interview, hope it gets translated!

There is nothing elitist about saying that a 'Making of' book that doesn't feature a single word from one who made the series is a bad book.

I'm sorry I just find it very annoying that someone who doesn't like something goes into that thread just to say "thiz z bad", you can disagree but don't be such a jerk about it, you can say something decent that is disagreeable without having people hate you for it, something like "I find it so disappointing that there isn't anything about kaga's work on the series but welp" nothing about personal attacks there.

good for you and all that jazz but just because you don't like something doesn't mean its "a crappy celebration", you don't see me going in other threads and saying that something is bad and just to show everyone that I hate it and I don't see awakening fans going into jugdral threads saying they hate it, its usually the other way around, not everyone is a hardcore elitist who played every game in the entire series including the japanese only ones.

and read my entire post before you respond, I'm a fan of all western released games, how ironic since you said awakening fans had knee jerk reactions. that seems like one to me.

why are kaga fans acting like mindless drones about him? he's the one who copied the series into tearring saga and tried to rip it off, I love the guy for being involved in the early series but he has done some douchey stuff, not much different from how you think awakening fans are.

I'm spoilering this due to length.

It seemed like you appreciated Awakening; thus, wouldn't that count you as a "fan" of the game? Either way, I'm tired of debates like this.

Ranger Jack Walker stated an opinion and nothing else; my statement about the book being "a crappy celebration" was backed up with my reasoning. It's my own opinion about the book; you can have yours.

Also, I have only played the localized handheld games; I have not touched the Radiant Duelogy, any of the Kaga games, or Binding Blade. I'm 16 years old, but I recognize Kaga's importance to the series, and find it frustrating that he seemingly wasn't even mentioned in passing.

Yes, he left the company and made the mess that became Tear Ring Saga, but besides that...?

Also, don't assume things; I don't lump everybody into one group or another (I said "a lot of Awakening fans"; I did not generalize it into that entire fanbase). I, having largely ignored Gamefaqs and Reddit, have seen significantly more casual fans flaming veterans than any "elitism"; heck, I've seen people who say they didn't like Awakening labeled "elitists". It's like the Smash Bros. fandom; of course there's a few jerks, but I see significantly more people passing judgement on "tourney fags", claiming they "should just shut up and move on from Melee" than anybody trashing people for enjoying Smash Bros. games post-Melee.

All of this started because Ranger Jack Walker said his opinion, and you made assumptions and played the "elitist" card, without any real knowledge or context of the situation.

http://serenesforest.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/changesold_klein.jpg

So it was "Ike". The hair is different but the armor matches perfectly.

Huh. Wow; overhead sprites done in a different style were planned? I hope some more light is shed on this stuff in the coming weeks as real translations start coming out.

I'm spoilering this due to length.

It seemed like you appreciated Awakening; thus, wouldn't that count you as a "fan" of the game? Either way, I'm tired of debates like this.

Ranger Jack Walker stated an opinion and nothing else; my statement about the book being "a crappy celebration" was backed up with my reasoning. It's my own opinion about the book; you can have yours.

Also, I have only played the localized handheld games; I have not touched the Radiant Duelogy, any of the Kaga games, or Binding Blade. I'm 16 years old, but I recognize Kaga's importance to the series, and find it frustrating that he seemingly wasn't even mentioned in passing.

Yes, he left the company and made the mess that became Tear Ring Saga, but besides that...?

Also, don't assume things; I don't lump everybody into one group or another (I said "a lot of Awakening fans"; I did not generalize it into that entire fanbase). I, having largely ignored Gamefaqs and Reddit, have seen significantly more casual fans flaming veterans than any "elitism"; heck, I've seen people who say they didn't like Awakening labeled "elitists". It's like the Smash Bros. fandom; of course there's a few jerks, but I see significantly more people passing judgement on "tourney fags", claiming they "should just shut up and move on from Melee" than anybody trashing people for enjoying Smash Bros. games post-Melee.

All of this started because Ranger Jack Walker said his opinion, and you made assumptions and played the "elitist" card, without any real knowledge or context of the situation.

Huh. Wow; overhead sprites done in a different style were planned? I hope some more light is shed on this stuff in the coming weeks as real translations start coming out.

just because you said alot doesn't mean that's OK, again you continue to assume things and acting like an elitist, never played the radiant games? look to the left, my favorite character in the entire series is micaiah and my favorite game is radiant dawn, assume I'm 16? yeaaah I'm not lol I don't recognize his importance? I do and even if I haven't played the japanese only games, I know of their story and background to an extent, he may have created the series but I don't like what he did and the fact that he tried to copy and paste the series, that doesn't make him all that, I would love shouzou's work and ideas to have been in the book as well, I'm sure everyone does, I want to know as much as possible about this series and I'm a huge fan of the entire series, again don't assume.

yes I liked awakening, it wasn't my favorite and I wouldn't say I'm a fan but I liked it and don't mind if other people got into the series because of it.

you're an elitist and you don't like something? that's fine with me but don't be so pompous and think you won't get hate for being a jerk with your opinion, I'm pretty sure if I said kaga sucks in what style ranger-whatever said I'd get hate for it too, "what kind of fire emblem book doesn't feature kaga? a good one"

I don't see what gamefaqs and reddit have to do with this because I honestly didn't understand everything you said about smash bros as I haven't played the games or visited such forums, it just seems to me you were desperate to back your opinion.

I don't want this to drag on anymore simply for the sake of filling this topic with this discussion otherwise I don't mind.

EDIT" also these forums are english correct? so I don't see anything wrong with not playing anything pre-FE7 and only playing the western games, you can play the entire series or just the english games but don't expect to be a special snowflake just because you played the ones that were never released in english.

Edited by Citadel Heroine

The reason he brought up Reddit and Gamefaqs is because those sites in particular are where the majority of anti-Awakening elitist sentiment comes from.

It may have been harsh of Ranger Jack Walker to immediately write off the book because it didn't have a single interview or note from Shouzou Kaga, the creator of the Fire Emblem series, in it, but I wouldn't say it was "elitist" of him to do so.

Complaints about anti-Awakening elitism are pretty much wasted on SF seeing as, from my experience at least, most veterans here either like Awakening or are neutral to it and those that do hate it are smart enough to avoid the Awakening and Fates subforums and not start anything.

^You have completely misunderstood what I said, and shown there's no reasoning with you on this. I'm glad to end this.

I'm glad as well, you were proven wrong to begin with (assuming many things like I haven't played por or rd) and now you can't save yourself so you act like this, might want to change your avatar again to protect your dignity.

now to finally set that petty issue of yours aside, the book hasn't been getting stellar reviews by amazon.jp users, has it been known why? was it because the book lacked content from earlier games? that's what I think anyways.

I'm glad as well, you were proven wrong to begin with (assuming many things like I haven't played por or rd) and now you can't save yourself so you act like this, might want to change your avatar again to protect your dignity.

now to finally set that petty issue of yours aside, the book hasn't been getting stellar reviews by amazon.jp users, has it been known why? was it because the book lacked content from earlier games? that's what I think anyways.

I mean it is kind of dumb that almost half the games in the series (ones that are quite popular at that) aren't included in a book called "Making of Fire Emblem"

[snip]assume I'm 16? yeaaah I'm not lol I don't recognize his importance?

...?

They never said that you were sixteen, or haven't played Radiant Dawn... they were talking about themselves.

I'm really confused where you're getting the idea that someone said you haven't played Radiant Dawn from, or where they said your age.

I don't even care about this argument, but I'm just trying to figure out why you thought they said you're 16 and haven't played PoR/RD.

Edited by L95

...?

They never said that you were sixteen, or haven't played Radiant Dawn... they were talking about themselves.

I'm really confused where you're getting the idea that someone said you haven't played Radiant Dawn from, or where they said your age.

In that case I apologize, since I thought that by italic he was assuming that but everything else I stand with and don't take anything else back.

EDIT: then why are people so protective and defensive of kaga when they haven't even played the games? wow this place is weird.

can we just finally move on already? I really hate the fact I'm still on this.

I dunno Citadel_Heroine, what is your definition of elitist?

Here are various definitions of elitism:

http://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/elitist

I don't think people in this thread hate Awakening fans and shun them. Elitism always has to do with how people treat the others; it can be linked to negative opinions regarding said things, but negative opinions are not necessarely connected to elitism.

Therefore everybody is allowed to talk how they want about a thing, but it's not cool to insult the fans of said thing or judge them harshly, or leave them out; that would be elitism.

It's not elitism if RJW is always a jackass when he says his opinion on the new FEs, and it's not elitism when that dude who keeps on changing his forum name says all FEs before 9 are bad and the new ones whip the old games etc etc., because they are not shunning others, they simply are stating their own opinions.
It would be different if they said the fans of the newer FEs are terrible people that ruined the fandom, for example; that would be elitism.

Also re-read what DanMan wrote because he said HE, HE didn't play PoR and RD, he said HE IS 16, he did not tell that to you.

Also sorry, but you haven't seen how some newer fans totally shit on the old titles, repeating forever how Awakening saved the series, how they can't play anything before it, being assholes to anyone who criticizes Awakening, etc. . I'd say those are as unlikable as veteran elitists.

Edited by CrimeanRoyalKnight

I dunno Citadel_Heroine, what is your definition of elitist?

Here are various definitions of elitism:

http://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/elitist

I don't think people in this thread hate Awakening fans and shun them. Elitism always has to do with how people treat the others; it can be linked to negative opinions regarding said things, but negative opinions are not necessarely connected to elitism.

Therefore everybody is allowed to talk how they want about a thing, but it's not cool to insult the fans of said thing or judge them harshly, or leave them out; that would be elitism.

It's not elitism if RJW is always a jackass when he says his opinion on the new FEs, and it's not elitism when that dude who keeps on changing his forum name says all FEs before 9 are bad and the new ones whip the old games etc etc., because they are not shunning others, they simply are stating their own opinions.

It would be different if they said the fans of the newer FEs are terrible people that ruined the fandom, for example; that would be elitism.

Also re-read what DanMan wrote because he said HE, HE didn't play PoR and RD, he said HE IS 16, he did not tell that to you.

Also sorry, but you haven't seen how some newer fans totally shit on the old titles, repeating forever how Awakening saved the series, how they can't play anything before it, being assholes to anyone who criticizes Awakening, etc. . I'd say those are as unlikable as veteran elitists.

my god this is getting so incredibly annoying, I already said that I apologized since I didn't know he was referring to himself but I don't take back anything else that I said.

and I thought you finally stopped a couple pages back, I didn't say people here hate awakening fans, and since you're so hung up on the term elitist that you had to google it, let me try to say it differently, being a jerk about your opinion is "not a nice thing", just going into a forum dedicated to something and saying "I hates thiz itso bad" and labeling it bad without owning or knowing completely what's inside is not only obnoxious but also a waste of everyone's time and unproductive, now if he said something like " I don't like the fact that they failed to include shouzou's work since he was involved in its early times" that would have been not only better but actually informative to people who don't know who he is or how he's involved, instead that ranger guy was being sarcastic and obnoxious.

judging by how people describe sites like gamefaqs, I'd say its not much different here.

edit: now ffs can we get away from this already.

sorry for double posting but also your last statement is wrong, two wrongs don't make a right, neither should shit on the other but yet its OK here to shit on something dedicated to awakening and not the older games.

my god this is getting so incredibly annoying, I already said that I apologized since I didn't know he was referring to himself but I don't take back anything else that I said.

and I thought you finally stopped a couple pages back, I didn't say people here hate awakening fans, and since you're so hung up on the term elitist that you had to google it, let me try to say it differently, being a jerk about your opinion is not a nice thing, just going into a forum dedicated to something and saying "I hates thiz itso bad" and labeling it bad without owning or knowing completely what's inside is not only obnoxious but also a waste of everyone's time and unproductive, now if he said something like " I don't like the fact that they failed to include shouzou's work since he was involved in its early times" that would have been not only better but actually informative to people who don't know who he is or how he's involved, instead that ranger guy was being sarcastic and obnoxious.

judging by how people describe sites like gamefaqs, I'd say its not much different here.

Sorry when I wrote the post I did not see L95 replied to you already.

I would like to say more but I don't want to continue this... just don't throw the word elitist around so easily, it's not the same thing as "jerk", it's worse.

/end argument

@KingDDD

Thanks for the sexy PoR pics, those helmet concepts look really wonderful!

...Wow. This thread really went downhill.

...?

I don't even care about this argument, but I'm just trying to figure out why you thought they said you're 16 and haven't played PoR/RD.

I didn't think they said I was or wasn't that; I was providing context on myself. I was being labeled as a Kaga fan and the like, so I just threw my age and series history out there to show that I haven't played any of the games Kaga was directly involved in, but I recognize his importance and effect on the series. That was intended to be the core take-away, as the whole argument started over Kaga's involvement in the series (hence the italics).

The reason he brought up Reddit and Gamefaqs is because those sites in particular are where the majority of anti-Awakening elitist sentiment comes from.

^This.

Anyway, formal apologies to Citadel Heroine, and in general for any misunderstanding. I over-think things and sometimes am a bit hard to follow; very sorry that this thread blew up. The last part of my post in particular was comparing the Smash Bros. and Fire Emblem fandoms, along with the "elitist accusations". During my time hanging out on the more civil side of the internet, I've seen a lot more of the new crowd for both series flaming, being argumentative, and in general being jerks.

So, yeah. Anyway, I think I may have the first yard of rails to get the thread back on track.

Here's the child designs for Lissa, Chrom and Emmeryn.

The poofy shorts on Chrom look ridiculous, but Lissa's adorableness makes up for it. As for Emmeryn,... did thigh-highs + skirt really show up on her?

Also, early Dark Blood design. Looks fairly basic, and definitely unfinished.

Both of those I found from browsing a Reddit thread linked in here previously. Don't be surprised if I edit this post several more times.

Edited by The DanMan

...Wow. This thread really went downhill.

I didn't think they said I was or wasn't that; I was providing context on myself. I was being labeled as a Kaga fan and the like, so I just threw my age and series history out there to show that I haven't played any of the games Kaga was directly involved in, but I recognize his importance and effect on the series. That was intended to be the core take-away, as the whole argument started over Kaga's involvement in the series (hence the italics).

^This.

Anyway, formal apologies to Citadel Heroine, and in general for any misunderstanding. I over-think things and sometimes am a bit hard to follow; very sorry that this thread blew up.

I apologize to you as well, I may have taken a point or two too far and was rude/mean when I didn't intend to be and sorry to crimknight I came off very hostile and downright unpleasant.

I apologize to you as well, I may have taken a point or two too far and was rude/mean when I didn't intend to be and sorry to crimknight I came off very hostile and downright unpleasant.

Apologies accepted. I've actually edited my post several times with some art and stuff I found to try and re-rail the thread.

and I thought you finally stopped a couple pages back, I didn't say people here hate awakening fans, and since you're so hung up on the term elitist that you had to google it, let me try to say it differently, being a jerk about your opinion is "not a nice thing", just going into a forum dedicated to something and saying "I hates thiz itso bad" and labeling it bad without owning or knowing completely what's inside is not only obnoxious but also a waste of everyone's time and unproductive, now if he said something like " I don't like the fact that they failed to include shouzou's work since he was involved in its early times" that would have been not only better but actually informative to people who don't know who he is or how he's involved, instead that ranger guy was being sarcastic and obnoxious.

I wasn't being a jerk about anything. I said it's a bad book because it doesn't feature the creator of the series. That is objectively bad. Nothing to do with opinions. I could hate the Kaga games but this book would still be bad. You don't like my opinion? I don't really care. Don't reply to me. I certainly wasn't replying to you specifically when I first made my comment yet you get triggered for no reason. You complain about elitism yet you took criticisms of the book as some sort of personal attack. That's just dumb.

The book is bad because it doesn't feature Kaga's contributions. And that's just one reason. There are many others. If you don't like that, you can choose to ignore me. You have that ability. Use it. There is no reason to get bothered.

Edited by Ranger Jack Walker

A couple new pages that I think weren't mentioned before, hope the interviews get translated soon lol

http://otaku.com/files/images/fullsize/202427J3.JPG

http://otaku.com/files/images/fullsize/202427J10.JPG

http://otaku.com/files/images/fullsize/202427J5.JPG

http://otaku.com/files/images/fullsize/202427J8.JPG

Marth's SD beta design looks very similiar to his Brawl design. Glad Caeda's design was changed to look more in-line with the Radiant Duelogy PKs.

IIRC the Brawl design for Marth was based off the SD beta design, and his final design for Shadow Dragon wasn't finalized until Brawl was nearly completed/had already been released