Strong units

Mads

So yeah, I made this topic to have a place, where people can post and discuss strong classes, skills and possibly parents for the characters in Fates. Everyone can just tell about their killer units, either in theory or in practical. This is mostly PVP orientated.

And yes, I know that this is very similar to the Unit Optimization Thread, but this one will (hopefully) be a bit easier to get an overview of.

I don't care about PVP, but currently I'm most proud of Lutz, Velour and Foleo.

Lutz has incredible defence that can get amplified by using Guard Stance with Ignis.

Velour can switch between speed and defence; and she has high values for those anyway, so she can likely survive even when using the wrong weapon.

Foleo is a magic shield that's perhaps too effective that enemy Sorcerors ignore him. Not great when you want the enemies to suicide.

EDIT - Of course, there's Suzukaze, the speed monster. Use statues, S support with Aqua, and apply the effects of the canteen and the temporary boosts, and he will have 52 speed. That's before any weapon or Rally bonuses.

Edited by nocturnal YL

I've heard Camilla, Takumi, and Midoriko are pretty great.

Midoriko is a very situational unit. This is mostly because Midoriko's personal skill, Lucky Charm, increases skill activation rate of luck scaling skills by 20%. Because a lot of skills scaled on Luck are utility based (Easy Life, Draconic Shield, Smithy Skill, Fortune, and DLC Witch’s Cauldron), she's mostly meant to be a utility unit. The only skills that affects combat wise in terms of Luck% scaling are Miracle and Stubbornness (ironically, Renewal is actually better than Stubbornness, but since Midoriko has good luck growths and the personal skill, Stubbornness is more viable on her). Also useful if you grab the Hoshido and Flamboyant skills as well.

I would say Mozume can be a very strong unit if you have the patience to train her. She has access to both Extravagence and Line of Death skills, which is pretty OP if used in conjunction. Not many units have this kind of combination that doesn't involve marriage or buddying someone.

I feel like all child units have the potential to be "great" (depending on who their parent is; I mean you can make a really strong anything if you choose the right asset/flaw for your Kamui and marry someone to get the optimal child then mass buy skills from other players, and all of that kind of goes into unit optimization), so not really taking them into consideration.

I've found Charlotte, Oboro, and Takumi to be pretty amazing, they're always on my team for every run. Sakura, too;

Charlotte has massive HP and can easily get a 100% crit rate; her only weakness is against mag units, but she could probably get some skill to counter that (or can she get vantage?), I usually just keep her away from those and she can take out anyone else // tank any other attacks for me.

Oboro's pretty much great in every way, her critical rate is pretty high as well and she takes damage well too. Same applies to Takumi, though if I HAD to say he had a weakness, it would be his vulnerability towards enemy units next to him (since he's an archer, and imo he does best in that class so I keep him as one), and no mag means no shining bow.

Sakura is pretty great with a shining bow, but I've been running her as war priestess + servant's joy which probably isn't the most effective usage for her, but it works and she gets things done ~ * U * (tbh her str isn't bad either, I think she's just a very good unit in general, and the fact that you get her early on really helps)

Kazahana really impressed me in my lunatic run, but not so much Hoshido run, so I'm very conflicted about her ???

for lunatic, her dodge rate is incredibly high and she can hit hard. I'm still not very sure on what's up with her so I'm going to do a bit more testing around and whatnot before I put her on my list xD

Oboro!Kisaragi, STR asset Kamui!Foleo, and Kanna are really great too, though I'm not going to touch too much into child units because reasons as stated above