Mafia Sucks Mafia - Game over

Vhaltz

screw my above post

not sure if there's a role that stops you from speaking during a phase, since I only know about the basic roles of Mafia. From the way I see, it is too risky to go for a SB lynch because there's an equal chance that he's town (or a third party, but this is irrelevant right now). It's safer to investigate him with a role or something and hunt for actual scummy players for the Day.

But if he's just trolling us I swear I'll turbolynch him even if he turns out to be the Town Cop without a doubt.

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Votecounts!

SB (3): Refa, Gaius, Splodge

Lord Gaius (1): Clarinets

Bakura (1): SB

Izhuark (1): Bakura

Refa (1): Poly

Not voting: Tiny Goddess, Rapier, Izhuark

With 10 alive, it takes 6 votes to hammer. There's 58~ hours left in the phase.

Edited by Vhaltz

screw my above post

not sure if there's a role that stops you from speaking during a phase, since I only know about the basic roles of Mafia. From the way I see, it is too risky to go for a SB lynch because there's an equal chance that he's town (or a third party, but this is irrelevant right now). It's safer to investigate him with a role or something and hunt for actual scummy players for the Day.

Although if he legitimately can't communicate with us, he won't be able to help the town, and will essentially be dead weight. I'll ##Unvote for now since everyone else who's voted for him has, but if push comes to shove, I'd day we should vote him, since, even if he is cop, he wouldn't be able to even communicate his results with us.

I'm just trying to vote a little wisely, instead of just attempting to what I did blindly.

You should alway expose your scumreads if you have some and remember that it's by questioning each other that we got information.

well it's mostly because it's mafia sucks mafia and since it's SB spiritual mafia game he can only got the most crappy role to disgust him even more of mafia while he can't even say his catchphrase...

Just to be sure i will attempt to summon him for the last time:

SB DOES MAFIA SUCK ?

...!

It's safer to investigate him with a role or something and hunt for actual scummy players for the Day.

I scan as mafia.

I have an idea. We can give him quotes for him to use them as his words since apparently his role forbids him of writing.

Let's make a test. The answer for "SB DOES MAFIA SUCK" is:

##Unvote

##Vote: Splodge

Bad gut feeling from that last post. He's trying to justify a lynch later on the sole basis that SB is silenced and is therefore dead weight, not because SB could possibly be scum.

Rapier, I still don't see it being less productive than other RVS posts (I mean, people make empty votes in RVS) and it stands out more for no benefit. Not seeing the scum intent there, so yeah. FWIW, I still don't think SB's role has anything to do with this because that would be a pretty bastard role.

TinyGoddess, explain why voting Rapier at the time would not be wise.

I'm pretty sure SB is claiming miller, you nerds. Man, I really don't get what's going on though. Why would a miller need to be silenced (unless there's a scum role that does that during the day or something, I dunno)?

Although if he legitimately can't communicate with us, he won't be able to help the town, and will essentially be dead weight. I'll ##Unvote for now since everyone else who's voted for him has, but if push comes to shove, I'd day we should vote him, since, even if he is cop, he wouldn't be able to even communicate his results with us.

Don't see the logic behind this. How is it better to lynch a dead weight rather than a player who we find scummy? And why are you leaving a leading wagon that had 3 people? I also dislike how you are willing to dismiss someone you want to lynch merely because you're not getting much support, because it shows weakness in standing for yourself.

Don't see the logic behind this. How is it better to lynch a dead weight rather than a player who we find scummy? And why are you leaving a leading wagon that had 3 people? I also dislike how you are willing to dismiss someone you want to lynch merely because you're not getting much support, because it shows weakness in standing for yourself.

What I was trying to say was that if we have no other leads, It would be better to vote for SB. If we have scum leads, obviously we should pursue them first. The reason why I was so quick to change my votes was because I don't have any strong concrete leads, and so I don't want to give the wrong impression that I'm commiting to a vote that has very weak evidence.

I'm pretty sure SB is claiming miller, you nerds. Man, I really don't get what's going on though. Why would a miller need to be silenced (unless there's a scum role that does that during the day or something, I dunno)?

Role speccing is unproductive, but w/e

If he is silent and can be scanned as scum, then it seems logical to say this role limitation exists so he is scanned as scum and mislynched. I don't think it was another role that did it to him because there was no way anyone could've been targetted without a night phase.

I'm a miller and I'm not silenced, so it would be kind of BS for SB to have the exact same role but worse. Anyways, I agree that rolespeccing is counterproductive but the main point of that post was to be "hey, SB claimed miller" so that noone actually tried to scan him tonight.

Unvote

##vote: Lord Gaius

He seems eerily quiet to me. There might be a reason for that, and if so I'm not familiar with it, but I kind of find his silence suspicious.

I used the vote tags right, right?

Didn't see this post when I made my last reply.

What I was trying to say was that if we have no other leads, It would be better to vote for SB. If we have scum leads, obviously we should pursue them first. The reason why I was so quick to change my votes was because I don't have any strong concrete leads, and so I don't want to give the wrong impression that I'm commiting to a vote that has very weak evidence.

1. (bolded) You never explained why this vote could hit scum, just that it was a safe vote. That's not townie logic.

2. (underlined) Okay, this isn't scummy (it should be but town does it FSR) but you're never going to get concrete leads by having no votes.

3. (italicized) Why do you care so much about your appearances?

Just busy Bakura, sorry. And you used them correctly.

##Unvote[\B]

To anyone trying to justify an SB lynch it gives us nothing to work with because he can't talk to us as of now and we should wait it out st least one phase to see if there's some condition that let's him talk or it's an active ability. SB is sticking in true null for me until he either talks or gets investigated.

Although in the rules it did say no "bastard elements". Not being able to communicate seems pretty bastard to me, so I'm gonna keep my vote on him.

I wouldn't call a silencer/silence modifier bastard.

In other ED1 role related issues I don't know what to make of two miller claims assuming that's what SB Is telling us. The one game I played with multiple miller claims (DBZ Mafia) they all flipped town but that setup was also horribly unbalanced so \o/ shouldn't worry about role spec right now.

Didn't see this post when I made my last reply.

1. (bolded) You never explained why this vote could hit scum, just that it was a safe vote. That's not townie logic.

I think Splodge is trying to say that it's the safest choice I'm terms of most likely being scum. Agree with points 2 and 3. What bugged me about Splodge's content is that he unvoted because everyone else did and was scared to make a noticeable impact on the game.

Bakura is also pinging me a bit for calling me out on flaking when they've barely been active too. I'll have you know I only flake later in the game!

Sleepy time now o/

Bakura is also pinging me a bit for calling me out on flaking when they've barely been active too. I'll have you know I only flake later in the game!

I think you called me out on this last game I played too, and I'm way more active now than then. Although some of my content might just be filler.

I think you called me out on this last game I played too, and I'm way more active now than then. Although some of my content might just be filler.

Did you go by a different name last time we played? Can't say I remember you.

I'm just gonna lay everything down. (different time zones sure makes it hard to communicate...)

This is my first time playing mafia, although in the other games I've read, people acted like it all else failed, it was best to go for the person who could contribute the least. If they were scum, that's great, and if they were town, it was a loss, but it hurt the town the least. I essentially just projected that reasoning into " but if push comes to shove, I'd day we should vote him". My reasoning was that, if we had no other leads, I thought we should vote SB, as in the case of town, it would hurt us the least. If this line of thinking is flawed, then that's fine, I'll change my voting strategy.

2. ... you're never going to get concrete leads by having no votes.

I'll take that advice on board, thank you.

3. (italicized) Why do you care so much about your appearances?

As this is my first game, and take this as you will, I want to try to survive as long as I can, outside of doing anything to actively hurt the town. This is obviously a game of trust, and I've gone into this game thinking that it's the most important factor, so I've been trying to have a "good image" by not trying to commit to any votes. I'm trying to protect the only person that I know to be town, myself. Like in my first point, if this is flawed reasoning, I'd appreciate some help.

I wouldn't call a silencer/silence modifier bastard.

I don't really know what constitures as a bastard modifier, but I'll just go with you that it's not. After replying to Izhuark the way that he did, I think I'm gonna have to agree that there must be something stopping SB from talking.

... What bugged me about Splodge's content is that he unvoted because everyone else did and was scared to make a noticeable impact on the game.

I assumed that if no one responded to my points that they must have been null and void, and then that made me think my line of thinking must have been flawed. Maybe that's feeling too self important, but I thought that they were points not worth mentiong, and so I dropped my vote, as those intial thoughts were only things I had going for the vote; I didn't have any incriminating evidence. I guess you could say I was "scared" to make an impact, because at that point I didn't belive my own reasoning, so I didn't want to vote for someone that I didn't think was scum anymore.

Another point to make is that I don't really know "how to vote" so to speak. I might be playing the "n00b" card too much, but it's really the stem of my reasoning behind my votes. Especially in RVS, I don't really know who is "safe" to vote for, how "long" to commit to a vote and even really know to properly justify. I've been trying to, as I said above, not commit to any vote to get a feel for the game, and how to get people talking. This is very much a learning experience, and I'm very much a headless chicken. If this is warrant enough to lynch me, then fair game.

A quick question, does Miller show up as mafia only on searches or on the post-lynch reveal as well?

Finally, I'm gonna vote ##Polydeuces as he hasn't made any contribution to the game so far. Although I don't like how Tiny Goddess needed to be "told" to expose scumreads she may have.