Mafia Sucks Mafia - Game over

Vhaltz

Votecounts! 333333333333333333

Splodge (4): Rapier, Lord Gaius, Izhuark, Poly (L-2)

Lord Gaius (3): Clarinets, SB, Refa

Poly (2): Splodge, Bakura

SB (1): Gaius

Not voting: Tiny Goddess

With 10 alive, it takes 6 votes to hammer. 12 hours left! Reminder that hammer is not completely necessary for a lynch this phase.

Countdown

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dunno why Splodge is just zeroing in on inactivity, especially for me considering I'm always inactive and I'm, like, never scum.

(seriously look at my track record I rarely roll scum rip)

"I'm never scum" is a pretty weak defense. It's got nothing to do with the game being played, and if mods are assigning roles randomly like I assume they are, has absolutely no grounding, as probabilty doesn't think, it's random. This is gambler's fallacy. You're also assuming that I voted for you despite your inactive reputation, therfore I'm suspicious; a reputation that I have no reason to know about or have heard about. Once again, a defense based on nothing but previous records that are completely based on chance.

....just wanting an inactive lynched which does nothing for town aside from possibly getting rid of a role that could be helpful.

That applies to literally every other player though. We're all just as likey to have gotten a helpful role, and being inactivte doesn't suddenly make that more so. If you did have a helpful role, wouldn't it make more sense to say that you'd contribute something to get suspicion away from you to help the town at night? Obviously not contributing isn't reason enough to lynch someone, and isn't that strong evidence, and you can't blame people who might have more important real life events going on, but as we have very little to work with, I don't see the harm in voting for people who are inactive, and thus aren't helping to find scum this early in the game.

more focused on self-preservation and slipping into the majority than actually scumhunting.

I could easily accuse you of doing the same thing. I'm not saying there's no reason for people thinking I'm scummy, it's been pretty well established people don't trust me, but you haven't scumhinted either. You've just jumped on board the majority's opinion, exactly what I did, but apparently that's worse? Obviously you haven't posed enough for me to get an idea for how much you want to "self-preserve", but you seemed to really eager to attack me for voting for you, which doesn't go down well with me.

I don't mean to sound overly aggressive, but I just don't really see how some of your logic holds up. You seem to be too caught up in "what roles you usually get", which I could prove to be true, ultimately doesn't mean anything because of random role assignments, so I'm a bit confused.

Sorry for the lateness. My brother was in the hospital and I didn't feel like responding for a while.

TinyGoddess, explain why voting Rapier at the time would not be wise.

I knew from the last post that after I sent it I was immediately regretting that decision. I was too quick to jump on the vote. Maybe a beginner's mistake on my part and I looked a little blunt. But then again, it's my first game and I'm probably missing a couple of points here.

Although I don't like how Tiny Goddess needed to be "told" to expose scumreads she may have.

But then again, we are trying to get a lead of who may or may not be scum. Me not telling my reads might end up hurting town... and end up lynching a role that could be useful for town.

Trying to lynch an inactive player doesn't really mean they're scum, but for some reason, I can't really see Splodge as scum either. His posts are pretty good, and they bring up a couple of good points. Poly is only basing his town role simply by saying 'how many times he rolled town.' Not a really good defense, in my opinion. However I still need to see a little more before I can get a good read.

With that said, for now I'll ##Vote: Polydeuces

Well in the light of his activity lately i don't think, i can vote splodge anymore all his post after mine were good and well thought so i'm strongly townreading him.

##Unvote

so the question now is who should i vote ?

Refa : is strongly town like the three past game and his miller claim felt genuine.

Bakura/NGH/Roxas : didn't posted much content but his reactions felt genuine

Supershyguy/clarinetsandobeos : lack of content

Rapier : his play is strong both him and refa are definitevily my two top townread.

Gaius : I really don't get the case on him. his posts wasn't bad in my opinion.

Splodge : his first posts were very bad but he is now bringing good point (way better than me/10)

Poly : okay his last post was way too defensive and he didn't updated his reads on splodge when a drastic change in splodge's play happened. I way to see more but it's pretty bad for the few post he did.

SB : ...!

Tiny Godess : I'll wait to see more but her actions felt genuine and i don't see any mean intention in her posts.

##Vote : Polydeuces

What the fuck is the Poly wagon? Splodge voted him for not posting, I don't even know why Bakura voted him, Tiny Goddess is complaining about his defense to Splodge's case (if the initial case was anything more than "I'm going to vote someone who's inactive" and Poly's defense was more than a single line then he'd have a valid point, also I feel like him and Splodge are misrepping Poly's one line where he's like "lol I never roll scum" even though it's obviously not a serious defense), Izhuark is complaining about him being overly defensive which is just...not true (Splodge read part is fair even though I don't agree with it), and Clarinets is voting him just because? Would not support or abide by.

I don't even get what I did that was so townie, Izhuark. I've barely done anything because people have barely been posting, and I only have one scumread (yeah, I had gutreads on Bakura and Tiny Goddess but I'm fine with Bakura's later posts and Tiny Goddess...well her Poly case bugs me, but I'm not sure if that's because I think the logic is bad or there's scum intent there).

Addendum: I didn't realize it was so close to phase end (I thought we still had another 24 hours or so). While I can appreciate it being frustrating for someone to not have played for so long, I still think it's suboptimal to basically make a prod vote on someone this late into the game and then lynch them for it.

[11:26:55 PM] Vhaltz: so uh
[11:27:12 PM] Vhaltz: say there's a hammerer in a game and they're brought to L-1
[11:27:16 PM] Vhaltz: do they hammer themselves???
[11:27:55 PM] Kaoz: guess so
[11:28:14 PM] Kaoz: but idk, I don't think I've ever played with one
[11:28:30 PM] Vhaltz: I guess he's getting lynched then
[11:28:33 PM] Vhaltz: rip poly

Poly (6): Splodge, Bakura, Tiny Goddess, Izhuark, Clarinets, Poly (Lynch!)

Splodge (2): Rapier, Lord Gaius

Lord Gaius (2): SB, Refa

You win with town, when you've dealt with all the scumlords.

In short, you are hammerer.

Your role sucks ass, I know.

Whenever someone reaches L-1 and you're not on their wagon, you will proceed to be an asshole and hammer them automatically.

Greetings Poly, You're Playing Yet Another Mafia Game.

In an alternate universe, Poly claimed his very dangerous role and avoided being murdered by himself.

It is now Night 1. You have 24 hours to send in your night actions and shit.

Woops phase end.

Rapier has been brutally murdered!

Rapier! Stop playing mafia and do something else with your free time! Actually don't, please play this game.

Life is hard these days. Things happen, everything goes wrong, nobody wants to play mafia anymore. But maybe you're the chosen one, and will be the one who will be able to bring light to mafia with your awesome role.

You're Town Miller. YES
You win! That's it.
You win when all threats have been illuminated.

It appears that Elie won't need to sub in for him anymore.

Day 2 begins now. You have 72 hours to find some dude to murder.

Message on behalf of Gaius:

OK for future games: Hammerer is a D1 claim! Hopefully we can avoid stuff like that.

##Vote: Clarinets

Clarinets was much more confident in his first game, and he's just waffling around right now. He was on me for a while, and was lucky that a wagon formed on me which he rode without justifying staying on it. And with a bunch of people switching to Poly he found a quick way to switch votes when he needed to.

The other most likely scum on the wagon is probably Bakura.

Unvote
I'm not feeling like a Gaius lynch right now. I'm not feeling like re-reading right now either, so when I get up in the morning I'm reading through and picking a vote to go with.

I couldn't find any content from either Tiny or Poly, so I'm tempted to vote either of them as I didn't find anything.... quite scummy enough to go off. Looks like a Gaius lynch is likely, I'd kind of be fine with that. He doesn't really strike me as very town.

But I'm placing my vote on this ##Vote: Poly

With just one post in between those (which didn't accomplish much of anything he flipped his read for no reason and voted Poly probably because it was a safeish thing to do at the time.

Going to see James Bond will be back in a few hours with townreads and stuff, and an idea to combat a possible silencer.

Rapier's miller flavor is much more uplifting than mine, fuck him. Also wouldn't be surprised if this was an all vanilla game with town as all shitty roles and mafia has two goons (or better yet, two rolecops) because mafia sucks.

Not going to complain about the lynch even though it was really bad because that's not going to help anyone, but it didn't change my feelings on LG (however, his current post makes me feel somewhat better about him, mostly because it's him being proactive when combined with his tone). He's still on my priority, but below people who lynched Poly (uh, one of them anyways).

Splodge: Bothers me the least because he was actively engaging with Poly and while I think the vote isn't strong enough to build a wagon on, it's fine FHPOV.

Bakura: His content is kind of lacking, but I'm not really getting any scum vibes off of it. *shrugs*

Tiny Goddess: Still not sure if I find her scummy or just disagree with her logic. The rushed vote on Poly was bad but understandable considering she was apparently pretty busy beforehand (so not much time for silly forum games).

Izhuark: He misrepped Poly, was the swing vote (this doesn't make it more likely that he's scum but it does if either him/LG flip scum in the future; that goes for LG as well), his reads don't have much conviction behind them (I'm not talking about confidence since he's usually not), and I just have a bad gut feeling here.

Clarinets: Read LG's case, except I'm not as convinced. Would like to hear Clarinet's defense though.

##Vote: Izhuark

PS Lynch priority is something like Izhuark > Lord Gaius > Clarinets >> Tiny Goddess > Everyone Else. Wouldn't lynch anyone after Clarinet.

Wait, why are you playing, Vhaltz? Aren't you hosting/co-hosting this?

Oh, that was Lord Gaius. That makes a lot more sense.

Clarinets: Read LG's case, except I'm not as convinced. Would like to hear Clarinet's defense though.

Well, I wouldn't exactly call my first game confident, the ONE TIME I was able to create a case was because something King Gilgamesh said made me think there was a case I could look for. I also don't know what waffling is, so what is it?

I only joined the Polydeuces wagon because I legitimately could not find anything else.

...So, SB, have you become un-silenced? Or is your silence permanent?

Okay, I just reread Gaius' post again and his points are stronger than I thought (in particular regarding Clarinets being more proactive in the last game whereas he basically did nothing this game; I skimmed his Ragnorak ISO and this is indeed the case), and I'd feel awful for lynching Gaius over him because at least Gaius has done stuff (...kind of) so Clarinets is going above LG. Still not as convinced about Bakura. I can get where you're coming from (although it's more the apathy towards the lynch than the inconsistency that bothers me), but...like I said before, I'm just not seeing the scum intent.

Well, I wouldn't exactly call my first game confident, the ONE TIME I was able to create a case was because something King Gilgamesh said made me think there was a case I could look for. I also don't know what waffling is, so what is it?

I only joined the Polydeuces wagon because I legitimately could not find anything else.

1) In your last game you pressured people before Gilgamesh and at least agreed with others cases and such. What changed here?

2) Waffling is not having a definite opinion on anything. Town waffles because town is dumb but it's much more beneficial to scum to do so.

3) Can you explain your thought process behind joining the Poly wagon? Who did you try to analyse beforehand, why did you vote him over other people, and why didn't you say anything before you voted?

4) Top three most likely people to flip scum (don't say noone) and decent explanations for each one. I'm assuming you're not confident in these but that's fine, I care more about your reasoning than your vote.

Well can't say anything on this one since i don't have conviction and have hard time having some in all mafia games i did. ^^' I will just say that i still think the thing i insisted on the two previous mafia game, ergo : Hammering Day 1 especially on a player lacking of content is bad idea and being accounted for it sadden me.

Could you just explain your gaius reads, please ? It's been 3 post that i ask for explanation (A.K.A. :I'm not defending him !)since it's one of your two top scumreads you should have other thing than gutreads.

I agree with gaius points but i still fear of lynching inactive people (even more now with the mislynch), i think it would be in the best interest of everyone if bakura and clarinets make consistent posts. (Well more post happened while i was writing so i will wait for clarinet response #slowthinker).

I don't really have any reads on anyone right now, and I was wondering if it would help if we got opinions on why Rapier might have been chosen to be murdered? I don't think anyone had anything but a townread on him, but it might help to see what other ideas people might have.

As for me, re-reading his posts, could it be related to him trying to find ways for SB. to communicate more effectively? If so maybe people who voted SB. are to look out for? (I say that with full knowledge I fall in to that category) I don't really know if there's anything to get from that, it's pretty small post in the grand scheme of things.

Alternate Universe where I'm Not Subbing

my god

Alternate Universe where I'm Not Subbing

this reminds me of another fail in another mafia

now I am one with my avatar

1) In your last game you pressured people before Gilgamesh and at least agreed with others cases and such. What changed here?

2) Waffling is not having a definite opinion on anything. Town waffles because town is dumb but it's much more beneficial to scum to do so.

3) Can you explain your thought process behind joining the Poly wagon? Who did you try to analyse beforehand, why did you vote him over other people, and why didn't you say anything before you voted?

4) Top three most likely people to flip scum (don't say noone) and decent explanations for each one. I'm assuming you're not confident in these but that's fine, I care more about your reasoning than your vote.

1) Wait, I pressured people?

2) Thank you for the explanation. I probably am waffling but that's because I am not very good at this game (yet, I think).

3) Well, I really only joined the Polydeuces wagon because I couldn't find anything else and he was the only person even under mild suspicion. So, I voted him. I've been trying to analyse everyone but honestly I can't come up with anything at all (pretty much like last game). I didn't say anything before I voted because I didn't really have anything to say.

4) Um... Uh... Well...

I'll submit this later, rereading thread brb

i will wait for clarinet response #slowthinker).

Hey, I'm not a slow thinker! I was browsing FFtF!

...Anyway...

Town reads: Refa, SB, Splodge. They have all been contributing meaningful content and generally trying to help the Town with everything. SB is silent or something, but he's really helping as much as he can under the circumstances, and I like the using quotes to communicate thing. Creative~

Null reads: Bakura, Tiny Goddess, Lord Gaius. Their comments haven't really been as meaningful but they're definitely contributing, so I can't really pick for sure whether they're Town or Mafia. Also, Tiny Goddess hasn't really posted that much.

Mafia reads: Izhuark. Hasn't really been posting very meaningful content (I think, I sort of skimmed through some of the ISOs), and his flawed grammar irritates me

Poly (6): Splodge, Bakura, Tiny Goddess, Izhuark, Clarinets, Poly (Lynch!)

Hmm...

Hammering Day 1 especially on a player lacking of content is bad idea

HMM...

Also, I think I'm becoming motivated to play, so expect more meaningful stuff :D

Rapier the N1 kill? This truly is an alternate universe.

I don't really have any reads on anyone right now, and I was wondering if it would help if we got opinions on why Rapier might have been chosen to be murdered? I don't think anyone had anything but a townread on him, but it might help to see what other ideas people might have.

I see two reasons, one major and one, ah, less so. Rapier has a history of getting flak early on in the game. This time around he was playing decently and like you said not getting scum read, making him a safe kill. Additionally, a flipped Town Miller might have been a subtle push towards a scum!Refa because he also claimed miller, although a really bad one.

Still not as convinced about Bakura. I can get where you're coming from (although it's more the apathy towards the lynch than the inconsistency that bothers me), but...like I said before, I'm just not seeing the scum intent.

I believe that inconsistency can be a scum tell given the right context. When you're fabricating reads, it's easier to mic them up since they're false. In addition to this, in Clarinet's latest post he cases Izuhark for everything he's guilty of but worse, since he didn't even try to justify his Poly vote.

As for townreads, as per consensus Splodge is being very contributing and has good initiative. Refa is doing pretty alright too, but I don't see how Izuhark's swing vote has an associative read tied to me with it. We haven't had much contact so far, and I'd appreciate it if you could explain that a bit more in depth.

Rapier has been brutally murdered!

##Vote: Splodge

As for me, re-reading his posts, could it be related to him trying to find ways for SB. to communicate more effectively? If so maybe people who voted SB. are to look out for? (I say that with full knowledge I fall in to that category) I don't really know if there's anything to get from that, it's pretty small post in the grand scheme of things.

...!

##Vote: Splodge

The other most likely scum on the wagon is probably Bakura.

...!

##Unvote

##Vote: Bakura

Mafia reads: Izhuark. Hasn't really been posting very meaningful content (I think, I sort of skimmed through some of the ISOs), and his flawed grammar irritates me

Hmm...

HMM...

Me not telling my reads might end up hurting town... and end up lynching a role that could be useful for town.

...?

Trying to lynch an inactive player doesn't really mean they're scum, but for some reason, I can't really see Splodge as scum either. His posts are pretty good, and they bring up a couple of good points. Poly is only basing his town role simply by saying 'how many times he rolled town.' Not a really good defense, in my opinion. However I still need to see a little more before I can get a good read.

With that said, for now I'll ##Vote: Polydeuces

...!

##Unvote

##Vote: Tiny Goddess