Mafia Sucks Mafia - Game over

Vhaltz

With just one post in between those (which didn't accomplish much of anything he flipped his read for no reason and voted Poly probably because it was a safeish thing to do at the time.

I didn't want to lynch Gaius, but I would have been fine with it if he had been lynched. I'm just saying that he didn't seem scummy enough for me to push on him, but he did seem a little bit scummy which would have excused a lynch for him.

brb reading page 8

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I honestly don't see why my posts are lacking in content. I've been going out of my way this game to post more and provide more content. Nobody seems to notice. Why even bother? I'll give it a bit more time.

Just for the record, I was a little bit suspicious of Rapier. At least early on. In the RVS phase.

SB. Is this really necessary? I'm hoping you're being useful to the town during the night, but you're pretty much completely useless during the day phase. Your latest post seems to be a joke.

To say more about Gaius, I don't have a scumread on him. However, he seems more neutral to me than last game I played with him, and that kind of bothers me.

Hey, I'm not a slow thinker! I was browsing FFtF!

I am the slow thinker. ^^'

But could you at least try to respond to refa fourth question ? like he said the important is not the vote but the explanations around this vote.

I honestly don't see why my posts are lacking in content. I've been going out of my way this game to post more and provide more content. Nobody seems to notice. Why even bother? I'll give it a bit more time.

Just for the record, I was a little bit suspicious of Rapier. At least early on. In the RVS phase.

SB. Is this really necessary? I'm hoping you're being useful to the town during the night, but you're pretty much completely useless during the day phase. Your latest post seems to be a joke.

For me it's your last post that bother me... Do you even get why nobody seem to notice ? It's because in most of your post their are nothing to pinpoint or even discuss most of it is just voting with a poor explanation or a lackluster defence post. What is even the point to say you were suspicious about rapier ?

And your comment on SB post is just bad imo he's doing is best to communicate his scumreads with his role , i would even say that they are much more thing to dig in SB posts than yours.

So who are you top scumreads and why ? Like i said earlier i'm waiting content from you and clarinet : clarinet at least is showing some willingness.

and his flawed grammar irritates me

Well excuse my french :France:

What about his play in particular made you suspicious of him, or was it just a gut feeling?

I think that's a bit too harsh. He can only comment through quotes, and the only way he can show signs of suspicion is through a vote. I assume he's voting and unvoting to show who he suspects the least to most. Which would be Tiny Goddess>you>me, I suspect anyway. He might not be able to speak but that doesn't mean he's useless. He has a vote, and that's more important than anything in my opinion. You're basically telling SB. to stop talking, and therefore stop contributing, which seems pretty scummy to me.

##Vote: Bakura

#FreeSB2015

If you can't use my post to communicate quote this fragment.

My plan is that you can quote bits and pieces to form sentences.

Players: LG, Tiny Goddess, Refa, Clarinets, SB, Splodge, Izuhark, Bakura, Rapier, Poly

General Words: I she he it they we you you're me him her them the all each either everyone some that this there they're are other our

Numbers: one two three four five six seven eight nine ten first second third fourth fifth

Mafia lingo: Town Mafia scummy townread scumread null read reads vote unvote suspect contribute comment question flaking post posts defense case associative

Descriptive: very important signs harsh useless useful lazy strong weak late soon time opinion

Verbs: do create contribute take write show display talking questioning

Fingers crossed this works. I've seen that he can quote individual parts of posts iirc

For me it's your last post that bother me... Do you even get why nobody seem to notice ? It's because in most of your post their are nothing to pinpoint or even discuss most of it is just voting with a poor explanation or a lackluster defence post. What is even the point to say you were suspicious about rapier ?

And your comment on SB post is just bad imo he's doing is best to communicate his scumreads with his role , i would even say that they are much more thing to dig in SB posts than yours.

So who are you top scumreads and why ? Like i said earlier i'm waiting content from you and clarinet : clarinet at least is showing some willingness.

I got killed last game for not providing enough content. Or at least I think that's it, it's all a bit hazy. You complain about me voting with a poor explanation, would you prefer it if I just didn't vote? Honestly, it's what I'd prefer, but then I wouldn't be providing content, and like I mentioned before I got killed last game for not providing enough content. If my defense posts seem lackluster to you.... well, it's because I haven't been defending myself from any accusations. I haven't been accused that heavily, so why even bother defending myself?

As for SB, see my response to Splodge.

I'll have to get back to you on my top scumreads later as I'm a bit busy right now, but off the top of my head I'm a bit suspicious of Refa and Splodge. Mentioning Gaius here would be redundant.

What about his play in particular made you suspicious of him, or was it just a gut feeling?

I think that's a bit too harsh. He can only comment through quotes, and the only way he can show signs of suspicion is through a vote. I assume he's voting and unvoting to show who he suspects the least to most. Which would be Tiny Goddess>you>me, I suspect anyway. He might not be able to speak but that doesn't mean he's useless. He has a vote, and that's more important than anything in my opinion. You're basically telling SB. to stop talking, and therefore stop contributing, which seems pretty scummy to me.

It was just a gut feeling. I never expanded upon it because it didn't seem relevant, and now we see that it was baseless, but I just felt like disproving the point of him not being scumread by anyone :P

And you're misinterpreting my point. I'm a bit frustrated because I don't understand a single one of SB.'s posts, and I was just complaining in general. I do that sometimes.

If you can't use my post to communicate quote this fragment.

My plan is that you can quote bits and pieces to form sentences.

I've seen that he can quote individual parts of posts iirc

...!

Well can't say anything on this one since i don't have conviction and have hard time having some in all mafia games i did. ^^' I will just say that i still think the thing i insisted on the two previous mafia game, ergo : Hammering Day 1 especially on a player lacking of content is bad idea and being accounted for it sadden me.

Could you just explain your gaius reads, please ? It's been 3 post that i ask for explanation (A.K.A. :I'm not defending him !)since it's one of your two top scumreads you should have other thing than gutreads.

I'm reading in between the lines here, but on the surface your Poly read wasn't lacking in conviction. Here, I'll even quote it.

Poly : okay his last post was way too defensive and he didn't updated his reads on splodge when a drastic change in splodge's play happened. I way to see more but it's pretty bad for the few post he did.

What part of this properly conveys doubt of any kind?

As for my LG read...

Don't like LG's latest post because it shows where his motivation is (defending himself over pursuing his scumreads). It's fine if your opinion didn't change on Splodge, but like...to compare it to another player, it bothers me over Rapier because Rapier is trying to update his read and actively engage with Splodge (this is why I haven't been getting on Rapier's case even though I don't really agree with him at all this game sorry dude) whereas you're just content with having a case.

##Unvote

##Vote: Lord Gaius

Okay, you may disagree with my read (fair enough), but it's pretty clear where I'm coming from here.

Thanks for the explanation, Clarinet. Feeling better about you mostly because I think you're being honest about jumping onto the wagon, especially since you didn't need to jump onto a mislynch when there were enough votes on there already; it'd just draw unnecessary attention to yourself. I don't see how Izhuark is being hypocritical WRT his hammering stance, though. You can be off the list, but interested in seeing your reply to LG.

Uh LG, how would scum know that Rapier was a Miller before killing him? So uh...now I don't agree with your Clarinet read if I'm right about his stance but he can defend himself and I'll comment on that.

Also regarding you/Izhuark, it's because he was the swing vote between your wagons over possible interactions. I'm not going to say lack of interactions makes you guys suspicious (because that'd be bullshit), but it doesn't change my stance here.

SB, do you think Splodge would be like "why did the guy who voted me get murdered" as scum? That's pretty bold.

Probably would sheep your Tiny Goddess read (...I guess it's a read, kind of). My lynch priority right now would probably be...Izhuark > Tiny Goddess > Everyone Else. There's noone else I'm really confident enough to lynch.

So I'm assuming that SB can't communicate, at all using quotes?

Still not sure if I find her scummy or just disagree with her logic. The rushed vote on Poly was bad but understandable considering she was apparently pretty busy beforehand (so not much time for silly forum games).[/font][/color]

I'll try to explain my vote in the best way possible.

I think my logic at the time was that he was basing it on his luck. I wasn't necessarily voting on Poly for his inactivity, but there was something about that one line that seemed a bit... Weird. I was planning on trying to read more if he planned to post, but at that time, the wagon on Poly increased and then the mishammer happened. I didn't expect that sudden mislynch. My vote was probably a little rushed [maybe because of the nearing time limit or the stress from my brother], but I thought that he would be the safest vote at the time. I didn't want to waffle, if that's what you guys call it.

READS

TOWN

-Refa

-Splodge

-SB

Refa and Splodge have been contributing a lot to and posted frequently in the game and has posted meaningful points about their reads. Their posts are written into detail and not a single word has been left out. I can see them contributing to town by a lot. In SB's case, he's trying his best to communicate through ellipsis and quotes and contributes, which is extremely nice, as I can get a read out of him. Even if he has a vote on me, it's still a lead.

NULL

-Izuhark

-Clarinets

-Lord Gaius

I haven't seen them post a lot or I might have just accidentally skimmed through their posts. Er... I'm not sure who would be more town or scum. Clarinets appears to be much more open and honest and willing to help town, so he's more on a town side. Lord Gaius and Bakura... Well, I can't find much to pick out of Izuharks post other than the post towards Bakura, and I don't frankly agree with LG's Clarinets read... They're null for now...

SCUM

-Bakura

I have a small gut feeling, but after rereading their most recent posts, I think they're being a bit too defensive. That comment towards SB was a bit unnecessary if we're thinking he's still silenced, and we need all of the players' support to find the most scummy ones. Even if I'm one of the most suspicious ones atm. If he can only talk through a vote having a read who's the most scummy, then I think that's the best way he's helping.

Well it's not what i call conviction at least (and i don't get it your read is about my vote not being confident enough or the opposite ?), maybe i should have expanded on it more but i was at the same point than my list post on FE9 mafia were i didn't know who to vote and for me poly reaction was my only scumreads (i personally thought that it was way better than hoping on the gaius wagon since at least gaius made actual content at this point).

I got killed last game for not providing enough content. Or at least I think that's it, it's all a bit hazy. You complain about me voting with a poor explanation, would you prefer it if I just didn't vote? Honestly, it's what I'd prefer, but then I wouldn't be providing content, and like I mentioned before I got killed last game for not providing enough content. If my defense posts seem lackluster to you.... well, it's because I haven't been defending myself from any accusations. I haven't been accused that heavily, so why even bother defending myself?

I'm mainly complaining that you don't put enough interest in the game, imo your comportment until know is at least anti-town. I know that coming with reads can be hard (believe me i don't have an easy time eitheir) but voting without reason does not help at best it can waste a vote at worse it will help scum to myslinch, yes not voting is bad but voting a proper reasoning behind it is not better. My point is that you are no producing any meaningful content and should do your best to do it, until then :

Your last post is pretty good tiny, I think that i agree with most of the points you made (except maybe clarinet since i'm still waiting him to post his reads) and your reasoning was good, keep it up.

Will do a list post soon the time to read again the whole threads and process all this. (#SlowProcessing)

I am the slow thinker. ^^'

Oh, okay.

But could you at least try to respond to refa fourth question ? like he said the important is not the vote but the explanations around this vote.

You are really the only one I'm suspicious of enough to vote for right now. I mean, here's a general idea of my reads:

Izhuark >>>> TIny Goddess >>>>> Bakura > Lord Gaius > Everyone else

Well excuse my french :France:

Sorry, didn't know English wasn't your main language.

Reads (since I have nothing else to post)

Refa - I see them as pretty positively town. Nothing they've said has rubbed me the wrong way, and they've been contributing from the very beginning. Because of that, I don't really have that much to say.

Clarinets - A negative netural read. When they started posting, they started to really try to contribute and formulate opnions, but then it went sort of downhill. It seemed to take pretty long for them to give a list of their top 3 scumreads. Their could be reasons outside of the game for that I'm sure, but it sort of seemed like he was taking his time a little too carefully. Still not a lot going off of that however.

Bakura - From day 1 I didn't like the way the way he was posting, and that's carried on to day 2. He seems just too, unwilling to post. He's said he has been trying to post more, and if so that's great, I have no way of knowing. It's just that it seems he wants to bring that up at every oppurtunity, and with a tinge of reluctance. I don't really like it, and he's my top scum read as a result.

Izhuark - His voting seems a little insinscere, and it makes me a bit suspicious. Though he hasn't posted enough content for me to get a solid grasp on his intentions. He's the person I'm most conflicted about, as whilst I do see where the suspicion is, and agree with it to a certain extent, I'm not really that convined by it.

Gaius - Very slightly suspicious of him, although his attempts to be able to communicate with SB. do make me feel better about him. He seemed to put a lot of effort in to that, not an amount I think scum would put in. He even had a fail safe, which really show initiative. That being said though, nothing he's done has made me think town.

Tiny Goddess - Despite some early game skepticism, that's more or less cleared up. I'm seeing that early skepticism is very likely connected to her brother being in hospital, and obviously since that takes priority over mafia, it makes me feel bad, and the skepticism is starting to dispel. That being said though, it's still a netural read. That post about hospital really shifed my opinion about her.

SB. - Despite what people are saying, I have more a netural read on him. Whilst I certainly appreciate he's trying to communicate as much as he can, but due to the vague nature of hiscontent, there's nothing I can really pinpoint as "town", and likewise, nothing I can pinpoint as "scum". Although it's on the positive side of the netural read.

So far, my personal lynch order would be Bakura>Izhuark>Gaius>>Clarinets>everyone else.

I'm mainly complaining that you don't put enough interest in the game, imo your comportment until know is at least anti-town. I know that coming with reads can be hard (believe me i don't have an easy time eitheir) but voting without reason does not help at best it can waste a vote at worse it will help scum to myslinch, yes not voting is bad but voting a proper reasoning behind it is not better. My point is that you are no producing any meaningful content and should do your best to do it, until then :

I'm afraid this is just how I work. See, I can never find enough wrong with someone to justify a vote, and everyone complained about it in FE9 mafia. So this is the result. If you don't like it, then FUCK YOU, THIS IS YOUR FAULT

Bakura - From day 1 I didn't like the way the way he was posting, and that's carried on to day 2. He seems just too, unwilling to post. He's said he has been trying to post more, and if so that's great, I have no way of knowing. It's just that it seems he wants to bring that up at every oppurtunity, and with a tinge of reluctance. I don't really like it, and he's my top scum read as a result.

This isn't my natural style of posting, and, as a result, it's rather uncomfortable for me. Reluctance? Yes. It's normal for you to notice that, you're noticing something that's actually there. I'll be honest with you, I'm not enjoying this game.

Anyways, something about your read list, and Tiny's read list, rubs me the wrong way. Specifically the town reads. Specifically the reads you have on each other.

They seem a bit fake. Mostly because I don't agree with the points they made.

I mentioned earlier that I scumread you, Refa. That's.... honestly, it was just nonsense. I was suspicious of you because you had a somewhat positive read on me, which, honestly almost never happens. I'm aware that you weren't the first person to have that sort of read on me, it's just that I can't remember who else did that.

So, I'm sorry >.>

That's cool. Honestly, I was sort of nullish on you earlier (I wouldn't say my read on you was positive but moreso that nothing you did really bothered me) but I'm like pretty sure that you're town now (not really for your latest post but moreso the posts before it seem really genuine and I can't see coming from scum). Wouldn't support a lynch on you.

I'd be lying if I said I didn't care if you scumread me, but I'm actually trying to not let other people scumreading me get to me because that's like really bad play and makes it unfun for other people anyways. So it's fine is what I'm trying to say.

I should probably analyze Izhuark/Tiny Goddess' latest posts and I will do so!...later, when I'm feeling less lazy. From an initial skim, nothing about them really changed my reads on them though.

This isn't my natural style of posting, and, as a result, it's rather uncomfortable for me. Reluctance? Yes. It's normal for you to notice that, you're noticing something that's actually there. I'll be honest with you, I'm not enjoying this game.

Then drop out then, if you're allowed. If you're not having fun don't force yourself, don't blame it on other people. I don't ever recall people saying outright "post more you super obvious scum" (that's not what I think, it's just an example). I can't speak for anyone else, but the reason I voted for you had very little to do with your "lack of posts", but moreso your aggression and tone. Acting that way doesn't help anyone, and just leaves bad tastes in everybody's mouths. LIke I said before, if you're really not liking the game just drop out.

They seem a bit fake. Mostly because I don't agree with the points they made.

Do you mean you don't agree with the actual points or the reasoning behind those points? If the former I'd argue that's not a good strategy, but if the latter then that's fair enough.

The actual points or the reasoning behind the points?

Uh.... I'm sorry, but I don't see the difference. I thought the points were the reasoning.

I worded that poorly. What I meant to say was, do you disagree with the read or the logic. For instance, I don't nessecarily see Gaius as that scummy, and disagreeing there would be disagreeing with the read. I see you as scummy, but if someone gave a reason for thinking you were scummy that I didn't think, I would disagree with the logic.