Mafia Sucks Mafia - Game over

Vhaltz

Clarinets - A negative netural read. When they started posting, they started to really try to contribute and formulate opnions, but then it went sort of downhill. It seemed to take pretty long for them to give a list of their top 3 scumreads. Their could be reasons outside of the game for that I'm sure, but it sort of seemed like he was taking his time a little too carefully. Still not a lot going off of that however.

I only have one actual scumread, and it's on Izhuark. Tiny Goddess, Bakura, and Lord Gaius are all neutral for me and at first I didn't see a reason to include them into the list for scumreads.

And my reads are still pretty much the same, except my read on Bakura is becoming more of a Town read.

Splodge is a little more suspicious to me than the other Town reads, but that's mostly because he really hasn't been providing as much information as my other two Town reads.

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm afraid this is just how I work. See, I can never find enough wrong with someone to justify a vote, and everyone complained about it in FE9 mafia. So this is the result. If you don't like it, then FUCK YOU, THIS IS YOUR FAULT

This isn't my natural style of posting, and, as a result, it's rather uncomfortable for me. Reluctance? Yes. It's normal for you to notice that, you're noticing something that's actually there. I'll be honest with you, I'm not enjoying this game.

Anyways, something about your read list, and Tiny's read list, rubs me the wrong way. Specifically the town reads. Specifically the reads you have on each other.

Can you explain what it is about their townreads on each other that bothers you?

They seem a bit fake. Mostly because I don't agree with the points they made.

I mentioned earlier that I scumread you, Refa. That's.... honestly, it was just nonsense. I was suspicious of you because you had a somewhat positive read on me, which, honestly almost never happens. I'm aware that you weren't the first person to have that sort of read on me, it's just that I can't remember who else did that.

So, I'm sorry >.>

Bakura (2): Splodge, Izhuark
##Unvote

One more question, Bakura. If you're scumreading Tiny Goddess/Splodge, why aren't you voting either of them?

I'm not comfortable with voting people, and I don't think the reasoning for my scumreads to be enough basis to vote them. Yes, I'm aware that I've been voting haphazardly for most of the game. It was very uncomfortable for me, and I was only doing it because people complained when I didn't vote.

Uh LG, how would scum know that Rapier was a Miller before killing him? So uh...now I don't agree with your Clarinet read if I'm right about his stance but he can defend himself and I'll comment on that.

Also regarding you/Izhuark, it's because he was the swing vote between your wagons over possible interactions. I'm not going to say lack of interactions makes you guys suspicious (because that'd be bullshit), but it doesn't change my stance here..

Didn't Rapier claim he was a miller? Or am I just an idiot (also possible.) As for the Izuhark vote, it makes sense now, I just didn't understand your conclusion at the time. Also, what did you find townie about Clarinet's defense where he answered your questions? It felt rather weak to me, and all it was was either him saying he's bad at mafia (aren't we all tho), and his townreads have some weird reads like that SB is providing more info than Splodge.

Bakura seems to be too worried about his image compared to the game, and I think he's trying to justify it by using his mislynch in FE9 as a reason for his different posting instead of because his alignment's different.

Priority right now would be Clarinets>Bakura>the rest of ya.

Bakura seems to be too worried about his image compared to the game, and I think he's trying to justify it by using his mislynch in FE9 as a reason for his different posting instead of because his alignment's different.

I'm going back to my old posting style, if you'd like that better

It's not your posting style that's bothering me, it's what you are spending your time worrying about. Also since you're here could you answer this minus Refa since your read on him flipped? Thanks.

What me, Refa, and Splodge done to be scummy?

It's honestly mostly a gut feeling. I'd say you're being much less helpful and more hostile than in FE9 mafia, which is bothering me a bit.

I'm not quite sure about Splodge, I think it's pretty much everything they do.

Didn't Rapier claim he was a miller? Or am I just an idiot (also possible.) As for the Izuhark vote, it makes sense now, I just didn't understand your conclusion at the time. Also, what did you find townie about Clarinet's defense where he answered your questions? It felt rather weak to me, and all it was was either him saying he's bad at mafia (aren't we all tho), and his townreads have some weird reads like that SB is providing more info than Splodge.

Okay, so allow me to explain.

First of all, all I said was that I didn't find anything suspicious. I said I was bad at Mafia before you were even suspicious of me.

Second of all, with his limitations, SB is still trying to provide as much as he can to the game, and all of his posts have had as much helpful content as he could express into them. Meanwhile, Splodge, while also providing quite a bit of helpful information, has no limits placed onto him that could stop him from providing anything and everything he finds. I should've worded this part better, but SB is less suspicious to me than Splodge because, even with his limits, he's still helping with the investigation almost as much as Splodge.

he's bad at mafia (aren't we all tho)

lol

I'll probably have to reread a couple of people again, namely Bakura and maybe my town reads.

I'm not quite sure about Splodge, I think it's pretty much everything they do.

Do you think maybe how's he cooperative makes you suspicious of him or is it something else?

Mostly what I said, but the main point is that its his tone and it didn't make sense coming from mafia to me; I really can't explain it better because I've barely been keeping up since my last post. It's not strong enough that I'd advocate against a lynch on him but strong enough that I wouldn't join on his wagon, if that makes any sense.

Also I promised that I'd check Izhuark and Tiny's latest posts and I did that forever ago but I've just been pretty busy and haven't had time to make a detailed post about that (still don't really); the gist of what I'm thinking is that Izhuark's reply seems more natural and genuine (even if I don't agree with his reads) something about Tiny's list post bothers me...I dunno, I'm having a hard time buying the reasoning for the Poly vote still as being genuine and the reads themselves seem a little...like they're not bringing anything new to the table and are afraid to go into the specifics.

Also not sure if I just think Izhuark is not as bad as Tiny or Izhuark just isn't scum in general so more posts from him would help there (not necessary in response to me but just in general).

##Unvote

##Vote: Tiny Goddess

Evidently, someone's requested a Sub-Out. Go ahead and stick me in, but I'll be mobile locked for the next 5 hours, so I'll do what I can.

Crap, I didn't realise how close it was to the deadline.

Okay, so allow me to explain.

First of all, all I said was that I didn't find anything suspicious. I said I was bad at Mafia before you were even suspicious of me.

Second of all, with his limitations, SB is still trying to provide as much as he can to the game, and all of his posts have had as much helpful content as he could express into them. Meanwhile, Splodge, while also providing quite a bit of helpful information, has no limits placed onto him that could stop him from providing anything and everything he finds. I should've worded this part better, but SB is less suspicious to me than Splodge because, even with his limits, he's still helping with the investigation almost as much as Splodge.

Now I'm making the assumption that SB. has played mafia before, and if so they know a lot more than I do on how to process reads. I felt like my posts were all fairly helpful, but if that's not true then I'll try to fix that.

That being said though, I understand that line of reasoning more than the previous unexplained one.

Do you think maybe how's he cooperative makes you suspicious of him or is it something else?

I'm aware that you're not speaking what you think about me, but I don't really understand how you'd come to that conclusion. I think I've been acting more scummy than players like Refa, so by that logic shouldn't that make him more scummy that me? I may not remember correctly, but I think Bakura said that his scumread on Refa was purely a gut read, so that doesn't really make much sense in context of your theory.

Now that I think about, Bakura seems to have opposite reads to most of other people's reads. There nothing wrong with that, and It's good to get a clashing opinion to refine your own, if it's backed up. A lot of his points just felt like he was saying "it's just the way I felt" which, to me anyway, makes him lack credibility. Those feelings are fine to have on players, but when it's every read you have, and you don't explain further than that, is when it makes me suspicious.

I feel bad for Bakura, as I feel like I'm picking on him when I make these points, and he sems to get quite angry at them, and I don't mean to make that happen. It's just the only real read I have that I can comment on. Sorry Bakura, no ill feelings towards you, you're just who I see as scummy at the moment.

I now have internet at my new house. I've spent the past several days moving, and I will be for the next 7-ish days. Please forgive potential weirdness as I'm still dealing a lot with...move stuff.

This RolePM sucks. Good thing mafia sucks, so my expectations were low at least. Kudos for making me chuckle though.

Izhuark, Several questions. Let's start with this;

Why the flipflop on Bakura from here to here? [btw this is my way of saying that it's super scummy, among other things you've done]

SB, I have no read on you but I find your apparent PR to be positively the best part of this game. I like to imagine that it's karma for ABUSIVE EURYKINS PUNISHMENT WITH PR

Honestly I just suspect he's town since the game would be dumb with like idfk how many millers there actually are including Me/Refa...Mefa. Cool. Eliefa. Also Cool.

Tiny Goddess I'm totally sheeping Refa on Tiny Goddess beign scum but I'm not that keen on following it. I'm more apt to find Izhuark more scummy and think that Refa's vote is downright silly.

Two votes on me already? Man, I'm on a roll here. /sarcasm Mafia truly is a weird game.

..something about Tiny's list post bothers me...I dunno, I'm having a hard time buying the reasoning for the Poly vote still as being genuine and the reads themselves seem a little...like they're not bringing anything new to the table and are afraid to go into the specifics.

I'm sorry if I look suspicious, but that's really as honest as I can get. Only the scum read on Bakura is more of a gut read, and I don't know how to explain it so that it looks more... I don't know... The reads are newb reads since this is the first one and like in my earlier post I'll have to reread some things. These are just my honest opinions and I thought they explained my thoughts on the other players good enough. Really that's the only defense I have. But I'll try to change it in the near future.

I'm aware that you're not speaking what you think about me, but I don't really understand how you'd come to that conclusion. I think I've been acting more scummy than players like Refa, so by that logic shouldn't that make him more scummy that me? I may not remember correctly, but I think Bakura said that his scumread on Refa was purely a gut read, so that doesn't really make much sense in context of your theory.

Sorry Splodge. I wanted to see what it was that bothered him the most about your play because he had a scumread on you. Since they said 'everything', I wanted to pick out the smaller parts so that I might actually have something to follow other than a gut read.

That said ...Hm... I'm not sure how to feel about this gutread on Bakura. In a way, I feel he seems more town now when I reread, but most of his reads are 'guts', and I have mixed feelings on it.

Doot.

Bakura (2): Splodge, Izhuark

Tiny Goddess (2) : SB, Refelie

Izhuark (1): Clarinets

Clarinets (1): Gaius

Countdown

With 8 alive it takes 5 to hammer. Majority lynch is still allowed this phase, vote ties at deadline will result in bad stuff happening.

OK, so, what's the scum-to-town ratio usually like here on Serenes? If it's 1/3 mafia then we definitely need to get this lynch right, if it's 1/4 we might have a little bit of leeway. If it's 1/5 then we're really terrible if we lose this game.

MYLO/LYLO is generally announced, so there's definitely not 3 scum.

Elie's not here but I told him I was okay with him changing the vote after Tiny Goddess' last post (not really enough to change my opinion on her but it makes me feel better about her than Izhuark) and am just going to do it myself.

##Unvote

##Vote: Izhuark