Str: 21

Mag: 15

Skl: 24

Spd: 23

Lck: 21

Def: 20

Res: 19

Vigilance - when enemy initiates attack, Avoid +30 and Critical Evade +20

Smite - when "smite" command is selected, pushes unit 2 tiles away (except through non-traversable terrain)

promotes to either Guardian or Consular

Guardian

Sword - A, Lance - B

HP: 63

Str: 33

Mag: 25

Skl: 30

Spd: 31

Lck: 31

Def: 31

Res: 28

Adept - 0.75*Spd% chance of a follow-up attack (like in previous games)

Strength Drain

Consular

Tome - A, Sword - B

HP: 58

Str: 31

Mag: 31

Skl: 32

Lck: 30

Def: 28

Res: 32

Rally Luck

Acrobat

Well, here's mine:

Landsknecht

Axe - A Lance - B

HP: 65

Str: 34

Mag: 24

Skl: 31

Spd: 33

Luk: 29

Def: 32

Res: 25

Skills:

Daunt: If the enemy initiates battle, they lose 3 attack and 15% Hit

Warrior's Pride: After killing an enemy, +2 Str, Skl and Spd until the next player phase

Any thoughts?

do i spy an etrian oddysey player?

As for ideas, I don't have one for a class, but I would like a Bow + Magic user. And a class that uses Tomes, Swords, and Axes like the old Dread Fighter.

Spiritmaster

Staves - S

Tomes - B

HP: 60

Str: 20

Mag: 36

Spd: 30

Def: 26

Res: 36

Fairy Spell - Choose this command to make allies within two spaces immune to debuffs for one turn.

Ranged Healing - All staves have their range increased by one.

Spiritmaster
Staves - S
Tomes - B
Str: 20
Mag: 36
Spd: 30
Def: 26
Res: 36
Fairy Spell - Choose this command to make allies within two spaces immune to debuffs for one turn.
Ranged Healing - All staves have their range increased by one.

does that mean that they only create an ally that can only last one turn?

do i spy an etrian oddysey player?

As for ideas, I don't have one for a class, but I would like a Bow + Magic user. And a class that uses Tomes, Swords, and Axes like the old Dread Fighter.

It's a great series, even if the Untold branch is kinda... eh. But how 'bout this:

Zealous Marksman

Bows - A Tomes - B

Str: 28

Skl: 35

Lck: 37

Def: 29

Res: 30

Reap and Repent - When user initiates battle, ignore negative effects of weapon used.

Divine Intervention - When at a disadvantage based on weapon triangle, Skl%/2 activation to receive no damage.

It's a great series, even if the Untold branch is kinda... eh. But how 'bout this:

Zealous Marksman

Bows - A Tomes - B

Reap and Repent - When user initiates battle, ignore negative effects of weapon used.

Divine Intervention - When at a disadvantage based on weapon triangle, Skl%/2 activation to receive no damage.

As Fates is a game that balances it's weapons on negative effects, I think the first skill would be abused like crazy. Divine Interpretation sounds a bit OP too.

Raven Knight

Kunai - S

HP - 65

Atk - 25

Mag - 20

Skl - 31

Spd - 36

Luk - 20

Def - 25

Res - 33

Mov - 8

Heart Stalker - If you trigger the battle where the enemy can counterattack, damage +5

Absolute Revenge - If the enemy's attack would be lethal if it hit, perform an instant kill if it misses.

Special Attributes - Flying / Beast Unit

Blurb - Assassins who skillfully command giant ravens. Speedy, resistant targets who are risky to take down.

We've got pegasi, wyverns, griffons, and horses, but what about... birds? Plus, I want flying kunai users and an S-Rank kunai class that doesn't have an awkward B-Rank in another weapon... Absolute Revenge provides security against regular attacks, but high Movement and S-Rank kunais are balanced by low luck that sees to it crits are frequent, and they can't be dodged.

Edited by Trickeroo

I wanna “Pirate Emblem”, like based off Pirates of the Caribbean, with guns and ships and stuff.

Sea Captain @Un-promoted

ATK: 22

MAG: 16

SKL: 20
SPD: 18

LCK: 30

DEF: 20

RES: 17

Skill 1: “Shipmate” Inside a 3 tile radius, ‘Pirate Units’ gain +10 Hit/Avoid (The units specifically under the 'Sea Captain', like subordinates)

Skill 2: “Scurvy Play” Double Bonuses from Axe weapons

Move: 5 Spaces (Traverse on ‘Water’ based tiles)

Axe : B

Pirate Lord @Promoted

ATK: 34

MAG: 26

SKL: 30

SPD: 28

DEF: 30

RES: 27

Skill 1: “Lords of the Sea” +2 all stats while on Water or Boat tiles

Skill 2: “Pieces of 8” +10 Hit/Avoid, +20% Damage Output in a 3 tile radius of a ‘Pirate Lord’ unit

Move: 6 Spaces (Traverse on ‘Water’ based tiles without movement hindrance)

Axe: S

(Bows replaced by) Pistol: A

Buccaneer @Un-promoted

HP: 30

ATK: 19

MAG: 14

SKL: 18

SPD: 18

DEF: 19

RES: 16
Skill 1: “Aye-Aye!” Inside a 3 tile radius of a ‘Sea Captain’, +10 Hit/Avoid
Skill 2: “Invade/Dismantle” Can permanently remove any tiles bonuses the unit is standing on
(Avo Bonuses, Def bonuses, etc)
Move: 5 Spaces (Traverse on ‘Water’ based tiles)
Sword: B

Marauder @Promoted

ATK: 29
MAG: 24
SKL: 32
SPD: 30
DEF: 29
RES: 26
Skill 1: “Scavenger” Retrieves one item among the defeated units equipment, cannot obtain equipped/Prf weapons
Skill 2: “Savage” [Trigger after unit attack] SPD = %, Attack again
(Once per battle
)
Move: 6 Spaces (Traverse on ‘Water’ based tiles without movement hindrance)

Sword: S
Pistol: A

Zealous Marksman

Bows - A Tomes - B

I actually really like this. It reminds me of some DnD and Skyrim characters I use to use tbh.

Edit: As far as Reap and Repent, possibly to make it less insanely abuseable, say 'when user initiates battle against an enemy with a higher level/higher x stat then user, ignore negative effects of a weapon used.' Or such.

Edited by Ebony

Squire

Lance B

HP: 40

Str: 22

Mag: 15

Skl: 24

Spd: 22

Lck: 20

Def: 21

Res: 19

Bronze League: Weapons that say “Cannot critically hit or activate skills” can now critically hit and activate skills. Those weapons now have +10 to critical hit.

Unexpected Hero: When your weapon has lower might than the enemy’s, deal +3 damage.

Promotes to Sentinel and Templar:

Sentinel

Lance A, Bow B

Str: 30

Skl: 33

Spd: 28

Lck: 30

Def: 31

Res: 31

Quick-draw: This unit can counterattack at 1 range when equipped with a bow for 75% damage.

Last Stand: Strength, Magic and Speed times 1.5 when health is under 30%

Templar

Lance A, Sword B

Str: 32

Skl: 32

Spd: 26

Lck: 32

Def: 30

Res: 35

Feedback: Damage increased by an amount equal to Enemy Magic/2

Tome Breaker: Hit rate and Avoid +50 when the enemy is equipped with a tome

Special Notes: "Armored" unit, 5 move

Based on a random joke from the Story Fix thread, don't judge me.

Soul Reaper (1-40)

HP- 99

STR- 40

MAG- 40

SKL- 40

SPD- 40

LCK- 40

DEF- 40

RES- 40

MOV- 8

Sword- S

Kunai- S

Skills:

1- Edgelord- The Soul Reaper is so overwhelmingly edgy that it literally makes them better at cutting things. +666 damage when wielding a Katana or a Shuriken (but not Swords or Kunai) as a combination of their own edginess and superior Japanese Hoshidan weaponry, often attributing this superiority to them being folded one million times or more.

10- Draco in Leather Pants- Despite their typically less than pleasant personality, members of the opposite gender are unable to resist the Soul Reaper's charms. Units classed as a Soul Reaper can have multiple S-Ranks and give + 40 to Hit, Avoid, Crit and Crit Avoid when paired up with a member of the opposite sex. However, members of the same gender are overwhelmed by their jealousy of how, like, totally awesome and original (Donut Steel!) the Soul Reaper is and receive -40 to the same stats when paired up with a Soul Reaper

25- Flame Bait- The Soul Reaper constantly receives mocking remarks and insults in the form of 'constructive criticism' from mysterious 'readers'. So far, the Soul Reaper has somehow been able to resist these insults by screaming 'don't like, don't read' as a response and as a result have acquired an immunity to outside attempts to weaken them. Grants immunity to weapon debuffs as well as counter and poison-type skills.

35- Crawling in my skin- The Soul Reaper can select a 'cut' command in when selected. The Soul Reaper then uses a Shuriken to cut their wrists open while mysterious and overly-melodramatic music plays in the background, inspiring other Soul Reapers to fight harder. Allied Soul Reapers gain +20 to all stats until the game is over and stacks with other uses of the Skill

Replacement Personal Skill- Wangst- Their parents are physically, mentally and sexually abusive, they were tortured in order to become the perfect super-soldier,every friend they've ever had has betrayed them and their one-true-love was tortured, raped and killed by their arch-nemesis and the Soul Reaper isn't afraid to let everyone know it. Enemy units that start their turn within 8 squares of a Soul Reaper lose 99% of their health as a result of insufferable and annoying whining and are afflicted with the freeze status condition as they lay down their arms to be killed mercifully spared from the Soul Reapers never-ending angst.

Edited by Phillius

Based on a random joke from the Story Fix thread, don't judge me.

Soul Reaper (1-40)

Special note: Class outfit is constructed with Vantablack, the darkest material ever created (like my soul).

New personal skill - It's not a phase, mom!: This unit can no longer reclass but all stats are increased by 10.

Not to mention that said Vantablack is used in only the finest articles of clothing from Hot Topic.

Also, here're some more skills (I could literally go all day with this):

Deus ex Machina- No matter how dire the situation or how hopelessly outclassed the Soul Reaper is, events will always conspire to make sure that the Soul Reaper emerges victorious, albeit in a typically anti-climactic and unsatisfying way. Negates weapons-triangle disadvantage and gives them a skill x 100% chance of surviving with 1 HP when they would take fatal damage.

Nobody Understands my Pain!- The Soul Reaper insists that their pain is so overwhelming and traumatic that no-one, not even trained professionals or people who have gone through a similar experience and definitely not their parents will ever be able to comprehend their suffering. Receives double the amount of healing from potions, but half the amount of healing from other sources

Threaten Suicide- When placed under enough stress, the emo Soul Reaper will give up on attempting to solve their problems in a mature and responsible way and instead threaten to commit suicide, usually with an overly melodramatic way. When using the 'Suicide Note' command, enemies take a -4 penalty to all stats for the rest of the game as they struggle to comprehend what they are seeing and stacks with other uses of Threaten Suicide. However, after using the Suicide Note command, the Soul Reaper can then select the 'Suicide' command, killing the unit (or making them retreat on newcomer mode) and giving their allies +99 to all stats through the sheer joy of no longer having to deal with their bullsh*t.

I have a couple ideas, but this is the only one off the top of my head that doesn't use light magic:

Dragonsworn:

A peasant dragon-descendant whose powers have been awakened by a dragon of old. Wields dragonstones.

Dragonstone- S

HP- 65

STR- 25

MAG- 30

SKL- 32

SPD- 34

LCK- 30

DEF- 31

RES- 33

Draconic Wrath: May double-attack with dragonstones equipped and speed is not reduced.

Magic Drain: When unit defeats an opponent, magic+2 up to 10.

Dragon Fang: Skill x 0.75% chance of dealing 1.5x damage.

Mighty Roar: stun enemies within a five-tile radius for one turn. Stunned enemies can't move, counterattack or use items.

Threaten Suicide- When placed under enough stress, the emo Soul Reaper will give up on attempting to solve their problems in a mature and responsible way and instead threaten to commit suicide, usually with an overly melodramatic way. When using the 'Suicide Note' command, enemies take a -4 penalty to all stats for the rest of the game as they struggle to comprehend what they are seeing and stacks with other uses of Threaten Suicide. However, after using the Suicide Note command, the Soul Reaper can then select the 'Suicide' command, killing the unit (or making them retreat on newcomer mode) and giving their allies +99 to all stats through the sheer joy of no longer having to deal with their bullsh*t.

Wouldn't they be sad?? Everybody loved Soul Reaper-kun!!

The Soul Reaper is so much better than those stupid preps Nohrian classes like THIS ONE:

Brittany Heart Hurter

Levels 1 - 2

HP: 1

STR: 1

MAG: 1

SKL: 1

SPD: 1

LCK: 2

DEF: 1

RES: -1

Weapons

Log: E

Class Skills

Ron the prep Death Eater: This unit will be universally hated by everyone regardless of their role in the story and will turn red on Enemy Phase.

Homewrecker: Brittany will totally steal your boyfriend but it's okay because he was a poser anyway and the Soul Reaper is so much hotter and he looks just like Gerard Way.

Avril Lavigne: If this unit has any goffik Soul Reaper skills they will have no effect because they are indisputably an effing poser prep.

Deserves It: The Soul Reaper can kill the Fart Herder and nobody will care because nobody loves her.

Edited by gayserbeam