Your biggest Fire Emblem fail?

shiningdialga

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mmm I'm still beating myself up over deleting a file because I thought I had selected play but I didn't...

also just like throwing Sumia to the archers on my first Awakening run…and then she died. Restarted.

My first Blazing Sword game I managed to get Kent killed off, and then accepted the loss, finished the chapter, saved, and moved on. Fortunately it was early enough that I was able to bring Lowen up to speed and finish the game, but I find it hilarious that I would even consider accepting a unit's death as a necessary part of gameplay.

That's... how the game was intended to be played, though, Gypsy. You just move on if you lose somebody nonessential.

FE7 has such a huge cast that it's not a big issue!

I'd say that's hardly a mistake at all. xP

Edited by Ritisa

I don't really remember my biggest fail but I have one that happened to me recently in Fates (2 days ago in fact). I wasn't paying attention to an enemy's skills and attacked the unit only to find out that they had counter and made me die for it.

Today's fail of the day is sending Elfie to tank a Sniper hit. Oops, critted at 3% and now she's dead. Time to start the chapter over. Send Elfie to tank that sniper!... Critted again.

I'm trying to love you Fire Emblem. Stop making it so hard.

First run in FE10, Ike promotes but i remove Nihil from his skills because he already had something else. Thus making it impossible for him to have that skill because of cost.

: ( I restarted to say the least, after he kept getting murdered in Endgame

Playing Fire Emblem Awakening. It's a fine game in its own right, but at the same time, it created to many plotholes(Tiki going insane, Earth Dragon's return, etc.) and left to many things unexplained in the Akaneian timeline. It pains me to look back on Awakening because I know there's little chance of them ever going back to clear some things up.

Being confused in Fire Emblem Blazing Sword when I couldn't use everyone. I ended up going through the game with almost no units reaching promotions and relying on prepromotes because I thought it was like FE4 where you could use like... Everyone.

When I really sucked at Fire Emblem, I was at Cog of Destiny and Eliwood was Level 7 Lord, and Hector was Level 5 Lord.

That was me around Living Legend. Eliwood, Lyn, and Hector had a COMBINED level of 14.

Biggest Fail: Thinking Seth was shit.

How can that be a fail? At least it made your non-Seth run all the more rewarding. (It did for me.

Chapter 2 Hard in Awakening - Sully dying to a critical hit from a Risen Warrior despite the CRT being single digit percentage. Try again, repeat 3-4 times. Frederick also nearly died a couple of times in that very same instances of said chapter. Seriously are the RNG rigged?!

Forgot when exactly, but a number of times in Binding Blade, I learnt the really hard way that Milady can't reliably dodge against a Berserker's critical hits. Sometimes even when she's equipped with a sword, and the Berserker's hit rate is 10-20%, she still died from a critical hit a couple of times. (That's like, 0.1 * 0.3 = 3% chance of a critical hit happening.)

Edited by henrymidfields

Awkward moments :

-Use Staff instead of Attack -> Death sometimes

-Use Attack instead of Staff -> Meaner Death

-Did use a Staff but rescue instead off Heal

-Use a weaker weapon than the one you intended to due to pressing A mechanically

-Selling an important oitem (promotion item, useful weapon) by pressing mechanically A button and not lookiong at the Confirm warning

-(Fe13) Selling bullions in Anna's shop and go away without buying the item you couldn't purchase if you didn't sell...

-Press Wait instead of the button B while revising your strategy. Pressing it instead of anything else (like Attack). Press Attack instead of talk

-Press Separate the wrong place

-Press Discard instead of Equip

Airhead moments :

-Forget to Heal or rescue

-Forget to unequip a unit(High Def/Str whom I send recruiting an enemy unit (Low Def)

-Forget an unit left behind who did not move. Forget a Unit that went too far.

-Forget to recruit.

-(Fe13)Forgetting Enemy have skills. Usually go against counter. And even when I noticed, I die because of my own Astra/Crit Sometimes or Lower HP

-Not looking at enemy equipment (Hammer/Armourslayer/Reaver Weapon)

Unlucky moments :

-Getting hit below 10% while missed at 97% or more

-Eventually getting Crit at 1% Hit below 20% while missed at 98% or more

-(FE13)Counter, Vantage, Vengeance, Astra, Focus... Whatever enemy skill have even non Lunatic mode

And last but not least : Getting sleepy while playing and press wrong button, or having your system resetting on its own afterdoing well last chapter.

Mostly stupid deaths as you can see... I won't talk about Blind run or Lunatic mode here or the list will never end.

Edited by Luxian

When I first played, I had a problem of defeating units I needed to recruit.

To be fair, I think we all did.

Then when I saw them having death quotes and sad music playing, that's when I knew that I had messed up

Clicking End Turn accidentally because I placed the cursor wrong by one tile and then dying horribly because 10 units didn't move before it.