FE5 Paragon Mode 0% growths SSS rank in 166 turns

dondon151

Can't wait until you make commentated videos of this run like you did for 6 and 11. I'd love to see how the BLEEP you managed to do this.

Also, what made you chose paragon mode? it would seem to matter very little in a 0% growths run.

Edited by sirmola

paragon mode makes strategies much more reliable. a lot of units need to promote ASAP and paragon mode lets me use less risky strategies to gain that EXP.

for example:

• saphy needs to hit A rank staves before chapter 10. in normal mode, you're supposed to rig a repair miss every chapter (you need 4 or 5 total). in paragon mode, saphy can take the paragon manual and reach L10 to promote for +1 staff rank, so she doesn't need to rig repair misses at all.
  • asvel needs to promote before chapter 8x. in normal mode, you're supposed to have him plow through the enemies in chapter 7 for all of the EXP. in paragon mode, you can stealth chapter 7 instead. grinding in normal mode would be next to impossible on 0% growths.
  • finn needs to promote by turn 3 of chapter 8 for the extra movement.
  • orsin, tina, and sara promote more easily.

fergus is a necessity in his forced chapters (because you don't have very many units to work with anyway) but he's not very helpful past chapter 8. orsin is helpful later in the game when there is more competition.

all fergus does in this playthrough after chapter 8 is visit the arena in chapter 10 and then get captured so he can rescue chain prisoners in chapter 21x.

Edited by dondon151

If you play with growths I like Fergus just a tad more than Othin. Fergus seems like a much bigger standout combat-wise in the Manster chapters than Othin is in the pre-Manster chapters. After that, I reckon Othin wins by a bit in indoor maps cause he has a personal 1-2 range weapon and more move, but Fergus has so much mounted utility in outdoors. And he is pretty good at using magic swords when you do need 1-2 range out of him.

paragon mode makes strategies much more reliable. a lot of units need to promote ASAP and paragon mode lets me use less risky strategies to gain that EXP.

for example:

• saphy needs to hit A rank staves before chapter 10. in normal mode, you're supposed to rig a repair miss every chapter (you need 4 or 5 total). in paragon mode, saphy can take the paragon manual and reach L10 to promote for +1 staff rank, so she doesn't need to rig repair misses at all.
  • asvel needs to promote before chapter 8x. in normal mode, you're supposed to have him plow through the enemies in chapter 7 for all of the EXP. in paragon mode, you can stealth chapter 7 instead. grinding in normal mode would be next to impossible on 0% growths.
  • finn needs to promote by turn 3 of chapter 8 for the extra movement.
  • orsin, tina, and sara promote more easily.

It gets around the infamious repair misses and other similar things? So worth it.

• 4 weeks later...

too lazy to format

chapters 1-4: 4/4/8/5/12

chapters 4x-8: 8/15/7/7/4

chapters 8x-11x: 6/2/3/4/2

chapters 12-15: 2/6/3/10/2

chapters 16-20: 2/2/10/2/15

chapters 21-24: 1/5/1/2/6

chapters 24x-F: 3/3

off the top of my head

getting saphy to A rank staves for chapter 8x is impossible without repair misses even on paragon mode. no-warpskip forfeits 4 turns compared to single-warp but gets the leg ring, which saves turns in chapter 12x and probably saves turns in chapter 18. additionally, the chapter 10 single-warp strategy is impossible in 0% growths because promoted asvel and unpromoted leif can't rescue each other, so the chapter requires two warps.

Edited by dondon151

I don't get what's so stupid about it. Missing in literally every other FE game grants you WEXP as well, why wouldn't it be the same for staves?

I don't get what's so stupid about it. Missing in literally every other FE game grants you WEXP as well, why wouldn't it be the same for staves?

It just feels weirder here because you get 10 WEXP per repair staff use. I don't think any other FE game lets you get a weapon level with 5 misses (with the exception of the devil axe in fe7-8).

Edited by sirmola