[FE6] Reverse Recruitment draft

Yojinbo

I find it odd that nightmare asked you if it wanted to apply changes upon closing, are you using 2.0 or the original? I haven't used 2.0 because its the worst before.

Tell me if applying this patch solves your problem: https://www.sendspace.com/file/wkb6fx

(don't patch this on top of the old patch, if you hard patched it, just get a fresh rom and apply this one instead and just load your save)

Edited by General Horace

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I'm using the original Nightmare.

The IPS patch doesn't seem to do anything either. Do I need to undo the edits in Nightmare to make the patch work?

EDIT: IT WORKS. THANK YOU HORACE.

Chapter 21x: 4/109

Karel uses a pair of boots and is then rescued by Zeiss. Zeiss is then danced by Lalum so he can fly north and use his own pair of boots. Yuno follows behind, also consuming boots while everyone else also uses their boots. On Turn 2, Zeiss drops Karel in front of the Berserker blocking the path forward, while Yuno parks herself next to the wall to bait a Druid so that said Druid wont block Zeiss' path next turn. Lance kills a Sniper blocking the path of the dancers while everyone else self-improves. Zeiss needs to kill the Berserker on enemy phase with a javelin in order for the strategy to work. On Turn 3, Karel kills a Sniper blocking the path and is then rescued by Zeiss, who moves ahead with canto. The dancers then dance-chain themselves all the way over to Zeiss to dance him, and then Zeiss drops Karel 7 tiles from the throne (although this doesn't actually matter as you'll see). Zeiss kills the boss on Turn 4, while Karel uses another pair of boots before being danced and seizing the throne.

I have no idea when Lalum and Elphin are going to find the time to use their boots given how busy they are every turn.

Karel's level reset to 1 after the event at the end of the chapter, but since he's already maxed every stat, it doesn't really affect anything.

Thanks again Horace.

Stats:

Karel Lv. 12/16/1.00 60HP/24Str/29Skl/30Spd/30Lck/22Def/23Res S Swords

Yuno Lv. --/10.92 36HP/14Str/14Skl/22Spd/13Lck/8Def/12Res S Swords S Lances

Zeiss Lv. 15/12.29 49HP/26Str/20Skl/22Spd/8Lck/20Def/5Res E Swords S Lances

Sophia Lv. 16/5.63 32HP/22Mgc/15Skl/19Spd/6Lck/7Def/10Res S Dark E Staves

Klein Lv. --/5.84 31HP/15Str/15Skl/15Spd/10Lck/8Def/7Res S Bows

Geese Lv. 1.99 Base

Clarine Lv. 10/8.92 25HP/15Mgc/14Skl/22Spd/20Lck/7Def/15Res D Anima A Staves

Chad Lv. 20.00 Base

Wolt Lv. --/18.77 Base

Lance Lv. --/11.23 46HP/19Str/21Skl/25Spd/12Lck/14Def/7Res A Swords A Lances A Axes

Fa Lv. 1.00 Base

Elphin Lv. 20.00 34HP/1Str/3Skl/20Spd/30Lck/9Def/12Res

Lalum Lv. 20.00 30HP/5Str/3Skl/20Spd/26Lck/4Def/9Res

Merlinus Lv. 1.14 Base

Everyone else, remember to apply the patch Horace posted to prevent Karel from demoting.

Edited by Carmine Sword

I think once everybody has gotten Karel to the point where he can actually fight ... turn counts are going to be exactly the same in each chapter for everybody.

I have 2/60 in Ch.11 [no arena or shopping] ... 4/64 in Ch.12 [picked up Eclipse so Niime can destroy walls] and 3/67 in Ch.12x. I'm pretty sure that's the turncounts Gradivus and Carmine Sword also have and I doubt it's actually gonna change until like ... Ch.22 or so? Looks like this hack doesn't lend itself well to draft runs. Oh well.

Chapter 22: 4/113

Zeiss, Wolt, Clarine, and Chad are on the right; Lance, Yuno, Sophia, and Klein on the left. Karel eats a pair of boots, putting him at 12 move, and is then resuced by Zeiss. Zeiss then gets danced twice, allowing him to reach the corridor to the right of the throne room. Clarine berserks a Sniper so that it will kill the Berserk!Druid, while Wolt and Chad just move forward a bit. Lance and Yuno rescue-drop Sophia forward while Klein just hangs back. On Turn 2, Zeiss drops Karel 12 tiles away from the door to the throne room, and then cantos down equipped with a javelin. Clarine moves to a spot to draw out the General in front of the right-hand switch, while Wolt and Chad move up some more. Lance rescues Sophia and cantos up. The dancers then dance-chain themselves all the way over to Lance, who then moves up and drops Sophia. On Turn 3, Karel moves in front of the door to the throne room and uses another pair of boots and Zeiss also moves in front of the door so that he can reach Zephiel next turn. Sophia heals Yuno and is then rescued by Lance again. Lance is danced by the dancers once more and he drops Sophia in the left-side treasure room. Clarine chips the Hero on the right-side switch while Wolt moves up so that he can step on the switch next turn while Chad collects the Swordreaver from a chest. On Turn 4, Clarine and Lance kill the Heroes on the switchs and then Sophia and Wolt step on them. Karel uses his last pair of boots in front of the door to the throne room, causing the door to open. Zeiss then moves up and kills Zephiel with 2 back-to-back Killer Lance crits. The dancers then dance-chain themselves over to Karel and dance him. Chad then collects a Dracoshield before Karel seizes.

Stats:

Karel Lv. 12/16/1.00 60HP/24Str/29Skl/30Spd/30Lck/22Def/23Res S Swords

Yuno Lv. --/11.28 36HP/15Str/15Skl/22Spd/14Lck/8Def/12Res S Swords S Lances

Zeiss Lv. 15/13.47 50HP/26Str/21Skl/22Spd/8Lck/20Def/5Res E Swords S Lances

Sophia Lv. 16/8.10 34HP/24Mgc/16Skl/21Spd/8Lck/8Def/10Res S Dark E Staves

Klein Lv. --/6.45 32HP/16Str/16Skl/16Spd/11Lck/8Def/7Res S Bows

Geese Lv. 1.99 Base

Clarine Lv. 10/10.26 25HP/17Mgc/15Skl/23Spd/22Lck/7Def/16Res D Anima A Staves

Chad Lv. 20.00 Base

Wolt Lv. --/19.06 52HP/22Str/25Skl/20Spd/16Lck/14Def/6Res S Bows

Lance Lv. --/11.66 46HP/19Str/21Skl/25Spd/12Lck/14Def/7Res A Swords A Lances A Axes

Fa Lv. 1.00 Base

Merlinus Lv. 1.14 Base

Chapter 23: 2/115

Karel uses his amazing 15 move to walk right up to the Manakete above the starting position and kill him with 2 Wo Dao crits (to save Wyrmslayer uses for next chapter). Wolt then kills the Druid that was next to the Manakete. Zeiss moves up a few tiles and uses a 4th pair of boots. The dancers don't have any time to use any more boots, so I decided to let Zeiss and Yuno take the remaining 2 boots. Zeiss is then danced by Lalum. Zeiss then rescues Karel and cantos ahead. Zeiss is then danced again, and he drops Karel in range of the Manakete in front of Brenya, equipped with Marcus' Runesword to kill javelin using wyverns. Everyone else moves up (Yuno uses the last pair of boots as well). Enemy phase is a bit precarious for Zeiss, since even with his huge defense stat, the Wyvern Lords and Brenya's Bolting do a ton of damage to him. Lalum and Elphin also have to dodge stuff, but they have higher avoid than Zeiss, so they don't have as much trouble surviving. In addition to just flat out surviving, Karel also needs to dodge both Sleep Staff Druids (Zeiss is guaranteed to get berserked.). Thankfully it all works out. On Turn 2, Yuno and Wolt kill enemies blocking the path of the dancers and Clarine. Clarine moves up and chips a Wyvern Lord, and is then danced by Elphin, Clarine then uses Restore on Zeiss. Karel kills a Druid in front of Brenya so that Zeiss can reach her and kill her with the Silver Lance. Lalum and Elphin then dance-chain over to Karel and dance him. Lance finishes off the Wyvern Lord Clarine chipped for a level-up while Klein buys some Elixers just in case I need any for next chapter before Karel seizes.

Stats:

Karel Lv. 12/16/3.11 60HP/24Str/29Skl/30Spd/30Lck/22Def/23Res S Swords

Yuno Lv. --/11.49 36HP/15Str/15Skl/22Spd/14Lck/8Def/12Res S Swords S Lances

Zeiss Lv. 15/14.73 51HP/26Str/21Skl/23Spd/8Lck/20Def/5Res E Swords S Lances

Sophia Lv. 16/8.10 34HP/24Mgc/16Skl/21Spd/8Lck/8Def/10Res S Dark E Staves

Geese Lv. 1.99 Base

Clarine Lv. 10/10.68 25HP/17Mgc/15Skl/23Spd/22Lck/7Def/16Res D Anima A Staves

Chad Lv. 20.00 Base

Wolt Lv. --/19.17 52HP/22Str/25Skl/20Spd/16Lck/14Def/6Res S Bows

Lance Lv. --/12.06 47HP/20Str/22Skl/25Spd/12Lck/14Def/8Res A Swords A Lances A Axes

Fa Lv. 1.00 Base

Lalum Lv. 20.00 30HP/5Str/3Skl/20SPd/26Lck/4Def/9Res

Merlinus Lv. 1.14 Base

Edited by Carmine Sword

Carmine, your turncount is off by 20 (you listed 64 instead of 84 turns after C16).

C16 5/73 turns

Karel promoted on turn 1, Lugh healed him. Shin and Yuno brought him to Tate, who dropped him ahead. Dancer chain dropped Lugh near the Snipers in the LHS treasury. EP, Tate counterkilled a Fighter with Axereaver so the way is free for the double dancers. Turn 2, Lugh unlock staffed the door and got danced so he can get a heal staff towards Elphin, who faced the Paladin on EP. Yuno was dance-chained to Tate, who dropped her ahead, and Karel was dance-chain-given Fir, and danced to drop her off. Turn 3, Ray was dance-chained to Lugh, who dropped him into the treasury. Karel recruited Ellen and Yuno opened the LHS treasury, cantoing next to the Dragon with Wyrmslayer equipped. Tate rescued Karel and got danced, Shin was dance-chain-dropped near the breakable wall and Tate moved ahead. Turn 4, Lugh and Ray started to collect treasure, Shin attacked the wall twice with Brave Bow, leaving it at 4 HP and then was given Clarine by the dance chain, who he dropped off directly. Tate dropped Karel into the throne room, Yuno finished the Dragon off with Durandal (it was important not to kill him on the EP, with Durandal after a Light Brand, because killing him would prevent a Bishop from using Physic, and instead block Tate's way by attacking her, and not be killable with any reliability because she's weighed down) and Fir got the 5000G. Turn 5, Tate killed a Bishop for exp, Fir got the Bolting and Yuno the Brave Lance. Lugh and Ray proceeded to get treasure too. Shin finished the wall off and Clarine recruited Fa. Shin got danced for an extra kill and the dance chain refreshed Karel after he had Wo Dao double crit Narshen so he can seize.

C16x 4/77 turns

Tate got danced twice on turn 1 and once on turns 2 and 3 each, dropping Karel off every turn so he can prevent enemies from blocking the way, being a Cavalier on turn 2 that attacked him with Javelin and the Longbow!Sniper on the chokepoint. On turn 4, Karel attacked Windam with Steel Sword and Tate killed him and the Sage (weakened by heavenly arrows) using the Silver Lance, getting the first dance, and Karel got the second one to seize.

Shin and Fa just fought against the enemies in the bottom half of the map for exp. He killed the Bolting Sage too with 2 rounds using Longbow. Lugh got staff wexp by healing Fa on turn 2 (had to do some rescue drop shenanigans to get her into combat against a Knight so he can damage her, and then drop her within Lugh's range) and turn 3 (she just got hit by the other Knight) and restoring Shin on turn 4.

Stats:

Karel (19/3.49): 56 HP / 24 Str / 25 Skl / 24 Spd / 24 Lck / 22 Def / 22 Res / A Swd

Yuno (6.51): 30 HP / 9 Str / 13 Skl / 15 Spd / 14 Lck / 7 Def / 11 Res / S Swd B Lnc

Igrene (14.57): 28 HP / 14 Str / 14 Skl / 11 Spd / 7 Lck / 8 Def / 6 Res / C Bow

Ray (12.87): 26 HP / 13 Mag / 8 Skl / 9 Spd / 5 Lck / 6 Def / 8 Res / B Dark

Tate (13/5.88): 32 HP / 14 Str / 12 Skl / 19 Spd / 6 Lck / 11 Def / 12 Res / S Lnc E Swd

Shin (18.18): 34 HP / 15 Str / 16 Skl / 19 Spd / 7 Lck / 8 Def / 3 Res / B Bow

Lugh (6.66): 28 HP / 18 Mag / 19 Skl / 18 Spd / 13 Lck / 9 Def / 13 Res / A Anima C Stf

Fa (3.07): 18 HP / 4+12 Str / 4+12 Skl / 5 Spd / 10 Lck / 2+15 Def / 8+20 Res

Fir, Barth: pretty much base

Edited by Gradivus.

Sorry about that. I've fixed it now.

Guess double dancers don't save as many turns as I thought they would.

Chapter 24: 8/123

Karel, Zeiss, and Yuno rush ahead every turn since they have the most move. Yuno used the Dracoshield at one point to take less damage from Manaketes. I thought she would be OHKOed without it, but I guess I was looking at the stats for Hard Mode enemies. Clarine used the Rescue Staff twice to help speed thing along. Sophia got the first throne Manakete kill and then just fell behind. Wolt didn't do anything and Lance just spent the whole chapter carrying Dieck so that he wouldn't get attacked by reinforcements. An elaborate dancer trade-chain was used on the second-to-last turn to get the Durandal from Yuno to Karel, since he's the only one who can ORKO Jahn. Karel did have to crit-kill a throne Manakete with the Runesword for the strategy to work at one point. Just pretend he used the Sword of Seals instead to make it seem more reliable. Jahn got owned by a totally awesome, yet completely unnecessary, Durandal crit before Karel got danced and seized the final throne.

Chapter The Last: 1/124

My patch was apparently bugged or something, since Idoun was replaced with a max stat Roy wielding the Sword of Seals. It was actually kind of tough, since Karel couldn't double him with the Durandal and did negligible damage with any other weapon. One crit followed by a second hit after being danced by Elphin was enough though.

Final Turn Count: 124 (126 with Chapter 20x)

Final Stats:

Karel Lv. 12/16/9.10 60HP/24Str/29Skl/30Spd/30Lck/22Def/23Res S Swords

Yuno Lv. --/12.09 36HP/16Str/15Skl/23Spd/15Lck/10Def/12Res S Swords S Lances

Zeiss Lv. 15/16.18 53HP/26Str/22Skl/23Spd/8Lck/21Def/5Res E Swords S Lances

Sophia Lv. 16/10.10 35HP/26Mgc/16Skl/22Spd/8Lck/8Def/11Res S Dark E Staves

Geese Lv. 1.99 Base

Clarine Lv. 10/12.01 26HP/18Mgc/17Skl/23Spd/23Lck/8Def/17Res D Anima A Staves

Chad Lv. 20.00 Base

Wolt Lv. --/19.33 52HP/22Str/25Skl/20Spd/16Lck/14Def/6Res S Bows

Lance Lv. --/12.17 47HP/20Str/22Skl/25Spd/12Lck/14Def/8Res A Swords A Lances A Axes

Fa Lv. 1.00 Base

Merlinus Lv. 1.14 Base

Edited by Carmine Sword

Chapter The Last: 1/124

My patch was apparently bugged or something, since Idoun was replaced with a max stat Roy wielding the Sword of Seals. It was actually kind of tough, since Karel couldn't double him with the Durandal and did negligible damage with any other weapon. One crit followed by a second hit after being danced by Elphin was enough though.

LOL

I kind of wish I had done something like that to troll, but I can't claim to have done that.

EDIT: Looks like it's like that in the patch linked in the thread too, hilarious

Edited by General Horace

Ch.13 3/70

Didn't go shopping for Killer Lances, I hope it won't come back to haunt me [i doubt it]. Trained Percival's Lance rank a bit so he can use Malte in endgame, Yuno had to ferry Karel around so I couldn't get the Body Ring.

Ch.14 3/73

Had to give the boots to Yuno because she's my only flier. Her stats are really shitty now, especially compared to Percival. I really should've rigged her stats, at least str because at this point she can't really fight at all and she still doesn't get a lot of exp. Cecilia got to use Torch 3x at least and she's kinda approaching the lvl 10 direction so if she can promote after Ch.16 and use Rescue Staff that'd be awesome. Dudes dug out all the relevant items except the banned Warp Staff and like the Silver Blade or something. Yuno got to shop and bought tomes for Niime.

Ch.14x 2/75

Used the standard tactic here, ferry Karel over the water and get the dancer in position to have Karel seize on turn 2. Niime promoted and her stats are still really shitty, she has like no durability but her Magic is super high now because she gets +4 mgc upon promotion. At this rate she'll most certainly be able to one shot Manaketes with the Apocalypse tome which means she'll be actually useful the whole run! Yay!

I opened this thread and was reading backwards and I was going to ask how the hell you 2 turned 14x without warp before I checked that double dancers are for everyone. I'm sort of wishing I'd entered now...

C17S 3/80 turns

Shin promoted on turn 1 while taking Yuno from Barth and got healed by Lugh, who got danced to heal Tate who got hit by a mage she killed. Elphin takes Yuno and transports her into the boss area. Turn 2, Lugh healed Tate from ballista damage and she reached Yuno with a dance and gave Karel to her, so she can drop him next to the boss. Turn 3, Karel finished Arcard off, Tate got danced to get the eclipse and the dancer chain proceeds to Karel, after backtracking to Lugh so he can get an extra heal.

C18S 2/82 turns

Barth and Yuno dropped Lugh across the river on turn 1, Tate dropped Karel next to the boss with double dance. On the EP, Karel Wo Dao crit Monke. Shin, Lalum and Tate got hit by various enemies, giving Lugh targets to use heal on, getting both dances on turn 2. Merlinus bought a bunch of KEs and Killer Lances.

Edited by Gradivus.

Ch.15 2/77

Turn 1 Yuno rescued Karel and got danced by Elphin. She dropped Karel within seizing range and Canto'd away from the bow users.

Turn 2 Yuno killed the super weak boss with a Horseslayer, Elphin/Lalum danced each other to the Hammerne Village, Karel seized.

Ch.16 5/83

Too lazy for a longass writeup of a longass chapter. I did the "have Elphin ferry dudes around" [dudes being Niime mostly] routine, Niime brought the wall next to Fa down to 1HP via eclipse and Clarine eventually recruited her. Dieck did stuff, Douglas tanked Purges for Cecilia to heal, Dieck got dudes out of the way to train his axe rank to S-Level. Percival as usual did most of the work, destroying stuff from 1-2 range near the throne room and LHS treasury. Yuno was kinda worthless, she can't really battle with her weak str [even with rigging I only got her to 11] so I had her pick up treasure, most notably the Rescue Staff.

Couldn't steal Narshen's Delphi Shield so I had to resort to Brave Sword criticals with Karel to take him down.

Ch.16x 4/87

Percival carved a way for Yuno, Karel and the dancers through the RHS. Karel was dropped near the boss, killed him on turn 4 and got danced to seize. Most of the chapter was used to get exp to Fa, WExp for Axes to Dieck and WExp for Dark Magic to Niime. Cecilia also got to use a Restore Staff that Yuno had bought in Ch.14. She finally hit C-Rank staves and can promote next chapter after two uses of the Torch staff.

Ch.17S 3/90

Yuno was surprisingly dodgy against the Wyverns and her defensive parameters are actually OK. She had to drop Karel after a double dance to avoid getting hit by the northern ballista but that turned out to be no problem. On turn 2 she simply picked up Karel again, got double danced again and droped Karel near the boss throne. Karel killed to boss and gets danced to seize.

Other stuff included Percival winning a round in the arena, Cecilia reaching level 10 & promoting [she can use the rescue staff now] and Niime/Dieck/Fa doing their training routine.

Ch.18S 2/92

The lack of Delphi Shield!Boots!Flier was substituted by Cecilia boosting Percival [who had rescued Karel and gotten danced] southeast across the river from where he moved & got danced against & dropped Karel near seizing range. Yuno had to rescue Cecilia across the river into a save position because everything kills Cecilia easily, even the unpromoted mooks on NM. A few Nomads suicided into Percival who's getting close to reaching S-Rank in Lances. Karel kills the boss & gets danced for the seize. Niime and Douglas went shopping and grabbed Physic Staves, Tomes for Niime and 2 killer Lances for Percival.

Yojinbo, where is that C12 eclipse? According to FEWoD and the main site, there's just a flux tome in the SW treasure chest and the only thing that appears to have an eclipse is the shaman near it.

C19S 3/85 turns

Put Tate at the bottom of the deployment roster since she's my only unit that can dodge a sleep staff sage reliably (except for Karel, who always is at the top), facing 16 hit with +6 res, compared to the 88 hit Shin would face.

Went up the left side. Shin dropped Ray ahead with help from the first dance and Tate dropped Karel ahead, having taken him from Barth (who took him from Yuno) to use a Pure Water. Igrene attacked a Nomad so Lugh can heal her. Turn 2, Ray eclipsed the big wall and Karel finished off. Tate rescued Karel and Shin rescued Ray, the latter got the first dance and the former the second one; Tate dropped Karel such that he can attack the boss and cantoed up a bit to distract some enemies that might otherwise have blocked the way. Shin dropped Ray ahead, Barth blocked the bottom bridge, with Merlinus getting sacraficed to ensure that Barth doesn't die if a Nomad decides to crit. Lugh healed Fa, who got an HP-including level off a nomad Fir attracted on EP1. Turn 3, Ray eclipsed the wall to the boss area, Shin finished off and got danced to kill a Nomad that was in Karel's way, Tate then killed another one and Karel killed Gel. Lugh got another heal and Karel seized thanks to the dancers.

C20S 3/88 turns

Tate ferried Karel up and dropped him into the throne room on turn 2, he killed the boss on turn 3 with an Armorslayer crit. Tate got the guiding ring and the blue gem which I'll sell for cash. The wall was broken by eclipse from Ray and Bolting from Lugh. The rest of the team just stayed near the start and Barth recruited Lance on turn 3. Lugh got a heal on turn 1 and 3 each.

C20xS 15 free turns

Fed the druid bosses to Tate using Killer Lance and got Lugh to B Staves. I managed to come up with a formation that makes three nomads (not troopers, since they mustn't be able to cross rivers) hit seperate targets at high hitrates, so Lugh can heal 3 times on the next turn.

Stats:
Karel (19/9.90): 60 HP / 24 Str / 29 Skl / 30 Spd / 30 Lck / 22 Def / 23 Res / S Swd

Yuno (6.88): 30 HP / 9 Str / 13 Skl / 15 Spd / 14 Lck / 7 Def / 11 Res / S Swd B Lnc

Igrene (14.74): 28 HP / 14 Str / 14 Skl / 11 Spd / 7 Lck / 8 Def / 6 Res / C Bow

Ray (13.73): 26 HP / 14 Mag / 9 Skl / 10 Spd / 5 Lck / 7 Def / 8 Res / B Dark

Shin (18/5.40): 43 HP / 18 Str / 21 Skl / 22 Spd / 7 Lck / 11 Def / 7 Res / E Swd S Bow

Lugh (10.14): 31 HP / 21 Mag / 20 Skl / 20 Spd / 14 Lck / 11 Def / 13 Res / S Anima B Stf

Fa (8.24): 25 HP / 7+12 Str / 8+12 Skl / 7 Spd / 19 Lck / 3+15 Def / 12+20 Res

Tate (13/10.46): 34 HP / 15 Str / 15 Skl / 21 Spd / 9 Lck / 11 Def / 13 Res / E Swd S Lnc

Edited by Gradivus.

... so it turns out that I've never actually recruited Barth and have no access to 20xS as a result. Game would end after Ch.22, no Ch.23, no Ch.24, no Final, no good ending, run invalid.

And it's all because I saw Shin among the units in my list and assumed that I was good to go -.-

Wow, that sucks.

C21 3/91 turns

Percilugh the great and amazing trivialized this map, even killing a 62 HP 22 res boss without much trouble.

Sold almost all my stuff, including Marcus' Tomahawk and Runesword, all braves (which were pretty much at full uses), the knight crest and the member card. It added up to 122k, which I expended into 1 bolting, 1 body ring and 29 pairs of boots.

Danced Tate east, carrying Karel. Shin and Bors dropped Lalum back into Elphin's range so they can dance-chain through the whole map and drop Lugh into Murdock's range. Turn 2, Lugh finished Murdock with a dance from Elphin, and the dancer chain went to Tate after she had dropped Karel off to dance her; Elphin had to stand next to Karel to make sure he isn't clogged up. Yuno got the knight crest and Tate went shopping. Turn 3, Tate went away from the SS and used boots; Elphin took the body ring from her and used it, which lets him ferry Karel in the future.

Movement:

Karel - 6

Yuno - 8

Elphin - 5

Lalum - 7

Shin, Marcus, Tate - 12

Lugh - 6

Igrene, Ray, Fir, Bors, Fa, Merlinus - 5

Barth - 4

C21x 3/94 turns

Tate dropped Lugh ahead with Barth's and Lalum's help on turn 1, and was given Karel by Elphin on turn 2, who had taken him from Yuno. Lugh killed the Berserker at the top of the map with Bolting and Tate got a chain dance to drop Karel onto the chokepoint in front of the throne room and moved such that neither the sniper nor the hero in the throne room can reach her. Turn 3, Tate killed the boss with a double killer crit + nosferatu dodge (Lalum was at 5 HP and because of how the traps were placed I couldn't do the regular strat with Karel because Lalum would die, so I improvised this) and Karel got danced through the throne room to seize and promote to swordmaster. I only needed one (even when it was the long-distance one) dance each turn, so Elphin and Lalum could eat some boots throughout.

Thanks for the patch Horace, but it increased all my units' stats by a ton, for example:

http://www.directupload.net/file/d/4168/g5dlrdpd_png.htm

That seems to be usual when applying a patch to a rom that is patched already though, probably due to applying multiple translation patches, I recall PKL doing something similar with vanilla FE6 and getting way buffed stats too. Maybe it's gringe's patch + the old FE6 translation that don't cooperate with each other, I don't know.

It wasn't hard to fix though, I just took a battery save shortly before completing 21x, applied it to the promo fixed rom and seized via resume map, and after ending the map I just brought it back to the vanilla RR rom and the stats returned to normal. Would've wanted that 35 mag 36 skl Lugh though, I could've 2-turned Zephiel's map with it!

Movement:

Karel - 12

Yuno - 8

Elphin - 9

Lalum - 9

Shin, Marcus, Tate - 15

Lugh - 10

Igrene, Ray, Fir, Bors, Fa, Merlinus - 5

Barth - 4

Edited by Gradivus.

That glitch with unit's stats didn't happen when I used the patch, although I didn't have the translation patch applied, so maybe that was why.

Also, I'm so bad at this game. I'm going to be, like, 20 turns behind Gradivus even though I got 1st pick.

C22 3/97 turns

Unfielded a bunch of liabilities so they don't die to the reinforcements.

Turn 1, Lugh used boots and got rescued by Shin. Karel took him and used boots, and then got danced to drop Lugh ahead. The dancers then trekked through the whole map to pick up Tate and drop her near the left switch, with Lalum luring the General away from the choke. Marcus went towards the RHS treasure chests. Turn 2, Tate crit + hit the Brave Sword!Hero from the tile to the left so the tile the dancers have to go through isn't blocked. Lugh killed the Brave Axe one with Fimbulvetr, because his position on turn 1 let him bait the RHS general too. The dancers activated both switches with a huge dance chain and then danced Karel to Zephiel's door to open the room on turn 2. Turn 3, Karel ORKOed Zephiel with two Silver Sword crits. Got all the RHS treasure with Marcus + Shin, and Tate got the white gem.

Karel now has 15 mov, Lugh 14 and the dancers 11.

C23 2/99 turns

Dancers dropped Karel into the boss area, they had like 85 avoid because they were on forests, Karel wasn't on one but it doesn't matter. Lugh got boosted ahead a bit by Marcus + Tate because I expected to need him to bolting a druid, but I didn't end up needing to, the rescue drop still helped though. Karel dodged 4 status staves with his beastly res. Turn 2, Lugh killed a Wyvern blocking the way and Karel killed Brunya and got danced to victory.

Lugh capped mov and the dancers both have 13.

C24 6/105 turns

This is when I seized each throne:

1st - turn 1 (Shin killed the boss, Lugh rescue staffed Karel; Tate rescued Lugh and Marcus rescued Shin, then both dropped them ahead)

2nd - turn 2 (killed the boss with someone, danced)

3rd - turn 3 (killed the boss with Karel on EP2)

4th - turn 4 (killed the boss with Karel on EP3)

5th - turn 5 (killed the boss with Marcus on EP4)

6th - turn 6 (killed the boss with Marcus after Karel confronted him, I suppose unnecessarily)

7th - turn 6 (Lugh rescued Karel, he Durandal'd Yahn and got danced to seize)

Final 1/106 turns

ROY'S OUR BOY LOL

Karel nuked him with a Durandal hit + crit.

Unit evaluations later.

Edited by Gradivus.

UNIT STUFF

Karel (119B 75W): He got oneshot and doubled by everything in the first bunch of maps, which made him sort of tough to train. Once he was ahead of the curve, he just killed almost all bosses and was impossible to kill, let alone hit.

Yuno (126B 49W): Carried the team earlygame, still was very useful midgame and dropped off in terms of stats lategame. One of the most important units on the whole.

Elphin (44B 0W) / Lalum (116B 0W): Yeah. Double dancer has to be one of the most broken utility things in FE.

Shin (94B 54W): To be fair, he was just self-improving for many chapters. Still saved a bunch of turns though. It has a lot to do with the pace of double dancer clears, he was a pretty good unit when it comes to combat in general.

Lugh (54B 42W): His combat was pretty good, and avoid made up for his mediocre bulk. Bolting was pretty handy aswell. Rescue let him save some extra turns after C20x staff grinding. I actually didn't get to use the hammerne staff at all, though I figure using it wouldn't have been very advantageous anyway.

Tate (124B 49W): Did a lot of important flier tasks in late and midgame when Yuno didn't have the stats for them anymore.

Marcus (8B 3W): His combat is actually very solid against Dragons, not getting 2-shot with armads and ORKOing back on normal mode. Me having a ton of boots resulted in him having good mov for C24, but his combat still was sort of limited because there hardly were any opportunities for him to use an elixir or get physic'd by Lugh.

BORS THE MASSIVE AND PASSIVE (0B 0W): I even forgot that I had him picked for half the time after his recruitment. He had a bunch of uses for picking up units so Elphin can take them.

Barth (16B 0W): Did the same things as Bors, except for longer and he also helped getting C12's treasure.

Ray (58B 19W): Nostank was helpful early on, filler in the later parts of the game.

Yuno (68B 32W): Also was useful early on, for helping Yuno meet damage quotas for bosskills and sniping Wyvs in C7.

Fa (27B 7W): Wasn't really useful, I just trained her a bit for C24 but it turned out Dieck replaces her there so she was kind of useless overall.

All Fir did was opening treasure chests in C12/16 and rescuing units for Elphin to take. Her combat was useless.

I'll also steal the idea of bosskill rankings.

Karel - 18

Yuno - 4

Tate - 3

Igrene - 3

Edited by Gradivus.

I can't believe I've wasted 50 resets to get this

Chapter 1 - 3/3 turns

I tried the same wrong strategy until I found out there is an easy way if you go northeast instead of just north. That way, Yuno is able to take Karel to a spot where he only has to dodge a fighter (it still took me 5 resets until I was able to pull that one, though). I abused the RNG with Dayam on south, where he killed a few bandits and took 5k from the village.

Chapter 2 - 4/7 turns

Couldn't find a way to drop Karel on turn 2 without being hit by two archers or an archer and the boss' javelin, so I dropped him on turn 3 instead. Pretty straigthforward. Dayam got a crappy level up on skill.